Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm still not that great at car repair or plumbing but fixing a lamp is a cinch. Hell, I even installed a ceiling fan in my kitchen last summer!:stars: Being single is a learning experience!!

My yard is getting mowed as I type! :stars2::stars2:

He told me he was flat-out dumbfounded by how I took charge of my vaping, with the coil building; he had figured it would probably end up on his honey-do list, even though he doesn't smoke OR vape, just because of my aversion (fear!) of "electrical stuff." :giggle: Just goes to show you... not ALL old dogs are unteachable. :D

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm still not that great at car repair or plumbing but fixing a lamp is a cinch. Hell, I even installed a ceiling fan in my kitchen last summer!:stars: Being single is a learning experience!!

My yard is getting mowed as I type! :stars2::stars2:

That is what happened to me as well, it was cooking (inside) though. I thought to myself well you can eat take out every night or you can start learning to throw down in other places than the grill outside. Necessity it teaches you all kinds of things.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope ya know I was joking around, and don't really feel that way. I cook and clean, even fixed Atcha breakfast, and would done more than that when I visited but every time I asked if I could help with something she said no. Wait, not quite true, she did let me slice the sausage for the gumbo also..

I know... I'd send ya a :blowkiss: but she might get mad. :D I just can't let a remark like that slide. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is what happened to me as well, it was cooking (inside) though. I thought to myself well you can eat take out every night or you can start learning to throw down in other places than the grill outside. Necessity it teaches you all kinds of things.

Yep... I get a kick out of that commercial with all those people saying why they cook... I learned to cook because I like to EAT. :D Pure survival skill!!

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He told me he was flat-out dumbfounded by how I took charge of my vaping, with the coil building; he had figured it would probably end up on his honey-do list, even though he doesn't smoke OR vape, just because of my aversion (fear!) of "electrical stuff." :giggle: Just goes to show you... not ALL old dogs are unteachable. :D

Andria
My dad was an electrician so I guess some of it sunk in by osmosis. I have no fear of electricity. Crawling under the house however, gives me the willys! But, I did crawl under my house a few times in the last couple of years to reset the furnace. :giggle:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Morning all! No way I can get caught up this morning. Likes to all. Hope everyone is OK. I'm dead tired from all the running around. Still have to do all the usual Saturday stuff like get food (hate a fridge which is empty other than liters on nic in the freezer), and the general let's fix everything (I'll take anything right now). I'll pop in and out and eventually get all caught up.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm not arguing about who does what... just those woman-haters who make sexist remarks. ;) I can load a dishwasher better than anyone, certainly better than my husband... but fix a lamp? Nah, I leave that to him. :D

Andria

I do my best to avoid those pitfalls but I must admit I do resort to saying them at times when I am alone. Like when I am behind a woman on a 60 mph road and she is doing 35 because traffic is interfering with her applying her mascara(had to google that).

I tried to do the dishes a few times for my ex all it got me was scolded for loading it wrong. I was quite confused to be honest as she was "teaching" me, all I could think was top of the line dishwasher and you're telling me a coffee cup won't clean the same in the bottom rack as the top?

dafuq.jpg~c200

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everything except mowing the yard. I only have a push mower that's really hard to start. Yeah I can mow but I don't wanna so I pay someone to do it for me! I guess I'm lazy. :D

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning all! No way I can get caught up this morning. Likes to all. Hope everyone is OK. I'm dead tired from all the running around. Still have to do all the usual Saturday stuff like get food (hate a fridge which is empty other than liters on nic in the freezer), and the general let's fix everything (I'll take anything right now). I'll pop in and out and eventually get all caught up.
Good morning Eskie! :)

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Everything except mowing the yard. I only have a push mower that's really hard to start. Yeah I can mow but I don't wanna so I pay someone to do it for me! I guess I'm lazy. :D

Don't feel bad I bought a brand new lawn mower when I moved in here, it's still sitting in the garage never used. I think I am still scarred from all those Texas summers mowing grass for the neighborhood.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do my best to avoid those pitfalls but I must admit I do resort to saying them at times when I am alone. Like when I am behind a woman in traffic on a 60 mph road and she is doing 35 because traffic is interfering with her applying her mascara(had to google that).

I tried to do the dishes a few times for my ex all it got me was scolded for loading it wrong. I was quite confused to be honest as she was "teaching" me, all I could think was top of the line dishwasher and you're telling me a coffee cup won't clean the same in the bottom rack as the top?

dafuq.jpg~c200
No, I learned when I was young, cups and glasses on the top rack, plates on the bottom, silverware had to be put in just a certain way and spread around in the silverware holder, and there was even a specific way everything had to be lined up. Still load a dishwasher the way my mom taught me, but haven't been able to teach anyone else to do it right.:D

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No, I learned when I was young, cups and glasses on the top rack, plates on the bottom, silverware had to be put in just a certain way and spread around in the silverware holder, and there was even a specific way everything had to be lined up. Still load a dishwasher the way my mom taught me, but haven't been able to teach anyone else to do it right.:D

I have two criteria when I do it. The shit all fits or it don't, still haven't ever had a dish come out dirty after the cycle is over. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My dad was an electrician so I guess some of it sunk in by osmosis. I have no fear of electricity. Crawling under the house however, gives me the willys! But, I did crawl under my house a few times in the last couple of years to reset the furnace. :giggle:

Heck, I get icked out just from walking out into the garage and getting cobwebs across my face; under a house would be a non-starter. That's the best thing about a house on a concrete slab: there IS no "under". :D

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't feel bad I bought a brand new lawn mower when I moved in here, it's still sitting in the garage never used. I think I am still scarred from all those Texas summers mowing grass for the neighborhood.
I'm hoping by the time mowing season starts here next summer I'll be able to get a riding mower. At the $60 a month I'm paying someone to mow, it will pay for itself in a few years. ;)

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm hoping by the time mowing season starts here next summer I'll be able to get a riding mower. At the $60 a month I'm paying someone to mow, it will pay for itself in a few years. ;)

For sure if my yard was big enough to use one I would do that as well makes it tons easier. But since I keep the grass at the welding shop in order to save us a few hundred dollars a month I skimp on my yard and have someone do it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'm the dishwasher whisperer at my house. The mate or the son will see a huge sinkful and opine, "you'll never get all that in." I just say "Watch me." :giggle:

The only things that *occasionally* I may leave out are very lightweight plastic bowls like re-used margarine bowls; the water pressure in my DW is so immense that if lightweight stuff isn't held down by something heavy, it'll fly around and end up full of water, which drives my husband (the DW unloader) right up a tree. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do my best to avoid those pitfalls but I must admit I do resort to saying them at times when I am alone. Like when I am behind a woman on a 60 mph road and she is doing 35 because traffic is interfering with her applying her mascara(had to google that).

dafuq.jpg~c200

It's about making the best use of space -- the top rack is usually designed to accommodate cups, glasses, bowls, etc.. smaller items. The bottom rack is usually designed to accommodate larger items like plates and cookware. I do sometimes put large mugs in the bottom if there's room there and none left in the top, but with the high water pressure in my DW, I'd be afraid to put glasses in the bottom rack. With the extreme heat of the water, I'd be afraid to put lightweight plastics in the bottom -- heavier plastics, ok, but I don't want to find a margarine bowl melted all over my cookware.

And people who put dishes in the DW with food on them, DESERVE the ungodly mess and stink that's going to need cleaning out of the DW drain pipe... eventually.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm the dishwasher whisperer at my house. The mate or the son will see a huge sinkful and opine, "you'll never get all that in." I just say "Watch me." :giggle:

The only things that *occasionally* I may leave out are very lightweight plastic bowls like re-used margarine bowls; the water pressure in my DW is so immense that if lightweight stuff isn't held down by something heavy, it'll fly around and end up full of water, which drives my husband (the DW unloader) right up a tree. :D

Andria
That happens here too! I need a new dishwasher. The one I have is probably 10 years old. It still works but doesn't work as well as it used to.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That happens here too! I need a new dishwasher. The one I have is probably 10 years old. It still works but doesn't work as well as it used to.

I *think* mine may be original to this house, which would make it nearly 30 yrs old -- it's a Kenmore. :D It's noisy as hell, but FAST; I've never before seen a DW that could completely finish in less than 45 mins! So I put up with the racket.

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It's about making the best use of space -- the top rack is usually designed to accommodate cups, glasses, bowls, etc.. smaller items. The bottom rack is usually designed to accommodate larger items like plates and cookware. I do sometimes put large mugs in the bottom if there's room there and none left in the top, but with the high water pressure in my DW, I'd be afraid to put glasses in the bottom rack. With the extreme heat of the water, I'd be afraid to put lightweight plastics in the bottom -- heavier plastics, ok, but I don't want to find a margarine bowl melted all over my cookware.

And people who put dishes in the DW with food on them, DESERVE the ungodly mess and stink that's going to need cleaning out of the DW drain pipe... eventually.

Andria

Mine was an older one too that I always had to hand wash before putting them in, so I splurged a little at tax time and got one with a disposal built in. So I can just rinse and toss them in and be done with it but I only splurged because I am in the process of updating some stuff in hopes of selling this house one day and getting something much smaller. It's just too much house for a single guy and the mortgage is slowly strangling me to death.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
all I could think was top of the line dishwasher and you're telling me a coffee cup won't clean the same in the bottom rack as the top?
andria beat me to it, but it's just about conserving space. If I've used all the top rack space, I will put a mug under something larger like a pot on the bottom rack

think I am still scarred from all those Texas summers mowing grass for the neighborhood.
that'll do it!

I'm hoping by the time mowing season starts here next summer I'll be able to get a riding mower. At the $60 a month I'm paying someone to mow, it will pay for itself in a few years.
kewl! The kid's yard isn't big enough for that, and I think they pay about $50, but the guys weedeat, bag leaves in the fall, cut down stuff, do all sorts of extras for the same price. Plus I am not sure they'd be able to get it through the gate for the back yard.

Jup.........mine are clean before they go in. What really makes me nuts is people (dil) who don't clean between the tines of forks, especially if they've eaten eggs.

Hope you can get some down time hun!

He told me he was flat-out dumbfounded by how I took charge of my vaping, with the coil building; he had figured it would probably end up on his honey-do list, even though he doesn't smoke OR vape, just because of my aversion (fear!) of "electrical stuff." Just goes to show you... not ALL old dogs are unteachable.
Jup, I used to have a t shirt that said, I'm mechanically inclined, I screw up everything! And that's true. So my son is totally impressed with all that I've learned in building my own coils.

Necessity it teaches you all kinds of things.
Jup!

I've never before seen a DW that could completely finish in less than 45 mins! So I put up with the racket.
The kids bought a new one when they moved in this house.......when you use the normal, heat drying and sani wash, it takes 3 hrs 53 mins!! :facepalm:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine was an older one too that I always had to hand wash before putting them in, so I splurged a little at tax time and got one with a disposal built in. So I can just rinse and toss them in and be done with it but I only splurged because I am in the process of updating some stuff in hopes of selling this house one day and getting something much smaller. It's just too much house for a single guy and the mortgage is slowly strangling me to death.

Yeah, the kind with a disposal built-in, that's the only kind you can load with dishes that still have food on them. I don't really "pre-wash", unless something is VERY greasy, but I make sure there is no food left on anything I put in there; glasses that have had any kind of milk in them need a brief pre-soak in slightly soapy water, or that hotHotHOT water in there will etch the protein right into the glass. :facepalm:

The house we were renting just before we bought this one, had a ditz renting it before us -- on moving in, we were told that there was "something wrong" with the DW -- the mate is great with plumbing, so he discombobulated it... to find the drain pipe from it COMPLETELY PACKED with decaying food. Talk about your nasty stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But after he cleaned it out, it worked just fine. :giggle:

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
andria beat me to it, but it's just about conserving space. If I've used all the top rack space, I will put a mug under something larger like a pot on the bottom rack

that'll do it!

kewl! The kid's yard isn't big enough for that, and I think they pay about $50, but the guys weedeat, bag leaves in the fall, cut down stuff, do all sorts of extras for the same price. Plus I am not sure they'd be able to get it through the gate for the back yard.

Jup.........mine are clean before they go in. What really makes me nuts is people (dil) who don't clean between the tines of forks, especially if they've eaten eggs.

Hope you can get some down time hun!

Jup, I used to have a t shirt that said, I'm mechanically inclined, I screw up everything! And that's true. So my son is totally impressed with all that I've learned in building my own coils.

Jup!

The kids bought a new one when they moved in this house.......when you use the normal, heat drying and sani wash, it takes 3 hrs 53 mins!! :facepalm:

:giggle::giggle::giggle: I must have bought the same model! :giggle::giggle::giggle: Super high efficiency power saving model that takes 4 hours to do the dishes, can do them all by hand in less than half that time.

24907317.jpg

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah, the kind with a disposal built-in, that's the only kind you can load with dishes that still have food on them. I don't really "pre-wash", unless something is VERY greasy, but I make sure there is no food left on anything I put in there; glasses that have had any kind of milk in them need a brief pre-soak in slightly soapy water, or that hotHotHOT water in there will etch the protein right into the glass. :facepalm:

The house we were renting just before we bought this one, had a ditz renting it before us -- on moving in, we were told that there was "something wrong" with the DW -- the mate is great with plumbing, so he discombobulated it... to find the drain pipe from it COMPLETELY PACKED with decaying food. Talk about your nasty stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But after he cleaned it out, it worked just fine. :giggle:

Andria

Ugh I can only imagine, I know in the morning when I go to get my coffee if I forgot to run the disposal in the sink the night before. For the love of all things that's a disgusting smell thank goodness though I keep those cleaning tablets around at all times.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

No shit! I try to conserve energy with crap like that by letting them soak in the "universal solvent" (water!) for a little while, but yeah, you gotta run your fingernails thru the tines to make sure nothing is stuck. I wouldn't say that mine are "clean" when they go in, but nearly so -- nothing stuck to them, and no grease whatsoever. I try very hard to put as little grease as I can possibly manage into the drain; scraping out skillets very carefully with a soft spatula even before putting them in the sink, so the grease can be thrown away in the trash, not fuck up the drain!

I think this is why washing dishes is often a kid's first household chore -- if you don't do it properly, you screw up the plumbing AND end up eating from dirty plates and utensils. Ick!!!

Jeez. Most I've encountered were about 90 mins from start to finish. When we first moved in and i realized how loud this one is, I was like, god, I gotta replace that ASAP... but then I realized it was completing the entire wash/rinse/dry cycle in less than 45 minutes, and I decided to ignore the roaring jet in my kitchen. :giggle:

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No shit! I try to conserve energy with crap like that by letting them soak in the "universal solvent" (water!) for a little while, but yeah, you gotta run your fingernails thru the tines to make sure nothing is stuck. I wouldn't say that mine are "clean" when they go in, but nearly so -- nothing stuck to them, and no great whatsoever. I try very hard to put as little grease as I can possibly manage into the drain; scraping out skillets very carefully with a soft spatula even before putting them in the sink, so the grease can be thrown away in the trash, not fuck up the drain!

I think this is why washing dishes is often a kid's first household chore -- if you don't do it properly, you screw up the plumbing AND end up eating from dirty plates and utensils. Ick!!!

Jeez. Most I've encountered were about 90 mins from start to finish. When we first moved in and i realized how loud this one is, I was like, god, I gotta replace that ASAP... but then I realized it was completing the entire wash/rinse/dry cycle in less than 45 minutes, and I decided to ignore the roaring jet in my kitchen. :giggle:

Andria

It's crazy on auto with all those settings mine clocks in at 4:11, the first time I ran it I was like damn I got one that's defective. So I looked in the manual, nope working as designed.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ugh I can only imagine, I know in the morning when I go to get my coffee if I forgot to run the disposal in the sink the night before. For the love of all things that's a disgusting smell thank goodness though I keep those cleaning tablets around at all times.

Heh... I ran into that problem when I was recuperating from my appendectomy and my husband was graciously handling the dishes, and even feeding himself for a few days -- he'd get those dishes done, but forget to run the disposal. :giggle: That was also when I realized he needed a course in Remedial DW Loading. :giggle:

Andria

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wallet can't afford the heat drying and sani rinse. My water is hot enough to kill germs and my drying is cracking open the dishwasher door when the cycle is complete.

but yeah, you gotta run your fingernails thru the tines to make sure nothing is stuck.
Jup, I used a scotch brite pad. Get a huge box at sam's for 5.00 or so, and cut em in quarters. easily scrapes between the tines, and after I've soaked stuff, gets off anything else that might be on there. I also hate it when folks don't go around the rim of a glass with something.......I use chapstick a lot, or people's lip gloss etc that crap don't come of in the dishwasher.

Our garbage disposal is broke again, they just need to replace it........but my dil keeps puttin plates in the sink with food on em... and I have to pull soggy pancakes etc out of the sink all the time. :xD:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Jup, I used a scotch brite pad. Get a huge box at sam's for 5.00 or so, and cut em in quarters. easily scrapes between the tines, and after I've soaked stuff, gets off anything else that might be on there. I also hate it when folks don't go around the rim of a glass with something.......I use chapstick a lot, or people's lip gloss etc that crap don't come of in the dishwasher.

Our garbage disposal is broke again, they just need to replace it........but my dil keeps puttin plates in the sink with food on em... and I have to pull soggy pancakes etc out of the sink all the time. :xD:

Food tastes and looks so good on your plate, one of the most disgusting things ever to have to pull it out of a sink. :giggle:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow, that's crazy! Dang darlin,can't imagine every disc being slipped or bulging.
I saw the last MRI of my spine and I swear I was looking at an aerial photograph of a train wreck. The doctor was amazed that I can even walk, but I have this attitude of "damn the torpedoes; full speed ahead." OK, full speed is a lot slower than it used to be, but if I can't participate fully in life, what's the point of being here? Even if I was in a wheelchair, I would still be out doing stuff...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw the last MRI of my spine and I swear I was looking at an aerial photograph of a train wreck. The doctor was amazed that I can even walk, but I have this attitude of "damn the torpedoes; full speed ahead." OK, full speed is a lot slower than it used to be, but if I can't participate fully in life, what's the point of being here? Even if I was in a wheelchair, I would still be out doing stuff...
The lower part of my spine looks like a winding river.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Ours broke, back in the early summer... we got a replacement and the mate got it installed ASAP!!! I spent way too many years having to scrape plates into the trash, I ain't about to start doing it again! Oh well, at least it got me toughened up for bussing tables when I was a waitress. :giggle: But now that I have a disposal, I don't intend to do without one ever again!!!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's nice to be able to keep up with email on the phone, and to be able to stay half-assed current with a forum, but it's not ideal, pecking at those tiny virtual keys on a tiny screen. Also, I wanted to show some of my cousins those pics of my mom I posted yesterday, and the damn tiny phone screen cut them off on the right. I really prefer foruming, and personal emails, on the PC -- it allows me to be my prolix self; 8 fingers and a thumb instead of one stylus hunting and pecking. :giggle:

Andria
Yea I couldn't see your pics very well on my phone. I did look at all of them on the puter though. Love um!
I used to be 5'9" but now am apparently just under 5'8" disc degeneration does that

Jup
I was 5'8'' and now I'm 5'7''. We all shrink as we age. My sister used to be almost 6 feet tall but she's around 5'10'' now.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea I couldn't see your pics very well on my phone. I did look at all of them on the puter though. Love um!

I was 5'8'' and now I'm 5'7''. We all shrink as we age. My sister used to be almost 6 feet tall but she's around 5'10'' now.
Having a hard time keeping my comments to myself about how your sister is a much smaller person than you.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Especially people who feel the need to be mean and insulting to their own family, and can't allow someone else to be happy without belittling them. I have never in my life felt so much anger towards a complete stranger as i do this morning.
Thanks sweetie. Don't worry about it. I'll probably never hear from her again since I texted her to eat sh---t.
I hate having a cold and then crying. It's like being dunked in a tub of snot. :( :sad:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks sweetie. Don't worry about it. I'll probably never hear from her again since I texted her to eat sh---t.
I hate having a cold and then crying. It's like being dunked in a tub of snot. :( :sad:
I've been crying too, but it's from the big old onion I just chopped up.:D

Did that get a smile outta ya?:) If not, go back and look at some of the 80's music jokes I posted last night. Those hafta make ya grin.
:inlove:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
((((((((atcha)))))))))) so sorry you gotta deal with that. Well, actually ya don't, but my way probably wasn't a good way overall. I have/had some certifiably crazies in my family, and I finally chose to just not deal with them. I assume my 1/2 sister is still living, but don't even really know.

VU Sponsors