Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is $41.66 a good deal for an IPV6X 215W?
Depends on which version you get. And the only way to tell is by checking the SW version.
1.2 sucks and was recalled mostly.
1.3 sucks less TCR still does not work.
1.5 has a maybe door that does not want to stay closed is the only issue with it.

And none are software upgrade able no matter what the ads say.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is $41.66 a good deal for an IPV6X 215W?

Yes but a heads up, they are recalling them, all the first release ones, they have since bought out a updated version, much better TC, lock function and reverse battery protection....That's probably why they are going cheap.

The updated ones have a sticker on the front of the box

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes but a heads up, they are recalling them, all the first release ones, they have since bought out a updated version, much better TC, lock function and reverse battery protection....That's probably why they are going cheap.

The updated ones have a sticker on the front of the box
So the one I'm looking at is being recalled? Damn!! I really, really want an IPV6. :(

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problems are as follows.
1.2 it has 2 series 18650 batteries and if you put both of them in backwards the mod will fire continuously till you remove the batteries.
No way to lock the settings/up down buttons. And the TCR settings do not work. Supposedly these were all recalled.
1.3 Reversed battery problems fixed. Button lock fixed. TCR still not fixed.
1.5 all above problems fixed.

however SOME complaints with all models on the door coming open and dumping the batteries out.

A good price and the TCR will not be an issue for most.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep! Seagulls in a feeding frenzy are a very noisy bunch. Do you hear them through the windows?

Since Emmy has gone I'll answer for her, yes, double glazed does not stop the noise. I will have to sort something out, talk to the neighbors and see what they all do.
I have to go check my blood sugar x

Back soon

Hugs <3
1.2 it has 2 series 18650 batteries and if you put both of them in backwards the mod will fire continuously till you remove the batteries.
No way to lock the settings/up down buttons. And the TCR settings do not work. Supposedly these were all recalled.

however SOME complaints with all models on the door coming open and dumping the batteries out.

Good info

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks Robert! I'm just going to save up some more money and buy the new one. No sense getting one that doesn't work right even if it is cheap! ;)

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Smok Alien mod in gun metal, again, I watched Daniels review and I think (hope) the retail version is going to be pretty good. I'd have that over the IPV 6X any day......think it might be a little smaller too. I like it :)

Yep poor guy gets crap for telling the truth.

Yeah...Sigelei mod wasn't it. Forgot which one.

Emmy28

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the Alien mod as well. I thought it was a bit gimmicky but watching that review I changed my mind. The screen looks really nice and it's a good price I feel.

The TFV8 baby is amazing too, RBA works very good.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Smok Alien mod in gun metal, again, I watched Daniels review and I think (hope) the retail version is going to be pretty good. I'd have that over the IPV 6X any day......think it might be a little smaller too. I like it :)

Yeah...Sigelei mod wasn't it. Forgot which one.
Isn't Sigeli and P4U the same outfit?
Or am I still confused?

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh that's wonderful!! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Same, I love mine, great single coil tank, easy to wick, great flavor.

Lynn, coil tip for the serpent mini, wrap your coil anti clockwise, the leads will then fit in the deck properly

OK.
I think it was Kanger that got so upset with Daniel?

Not sure about Kanger but it was the Sigelei 213 mod, they threatened to sue him o_O

VU Sponsors