Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coffee. Lots of coffee. Deb, get her another coffee IV. ;)
images

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Boy, chores were fun this morning! LOL! Seriously. Cricket peed about 5 gallons when Morgaine fell down ("OMG! OMG! MY BABY IS DEAD, AND I'M LOCKED IN THIS HEADLOCK THINGIE!!!"), but that happens every time, so it was nothing unexpected. The calves always do this thing we call the Dead Calf Flop the first time you hook a lead rope on 'em. They just keel over and hit the ground, I guess in hopes that whatever "has" them will lose interest and go away. But no matter how many times they see their calves do that, the mothers ALWAYS freak out. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I got at least SOME milk from Cricket this morning, but only a gallon. Morgaine was starving, naturally, and she totally emptied the one full quarter I left for her, and then finished off what Cricket held back in the other three. That's a LOT of milk for a day-old calf, believe me. She kept nursing and bunting for probably half an hour after I finished and let Cricket out of the stanchion, then when she was SURE there was no milk left, she decided frolicking was in order. And of course, Cricket followed after her closely, worrying and whisper-mooing at her. Babies, though. They NEVER listen! Morgaine's world is happy and bright, and she wanted to PLAY. She'll get tired soon enough and put herself down for a nap, and then Cricket can relax and get something to eat. :)

I love cows. :inlove:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think he would of got up at 4.15am.
He's grumpy enough at 7am
And it just gets worse with age, so I guess if you want to keep him, find a way to get used to it. The "dad" guy, at 67, doesn't stop being grumpy until at least noon. Of course, if you listen to Lannie, he is grumpy ALL the time.
grouchy cat.jpg
I see you are in SD. Some HUGE cattle operations out that way. My company cleans Ethanol plants. We have several in SD that we clean, mostly in the S.E. part of the state. But on my bike, I've been pretty much everywhere in SD. BEAUTIFUL state, especially the western half.
Yeah, we live in the western side (75 miles NE of Sturgis), right in the middle of all those cattle ranchers and all the ethanol plants are on the east side. You can divide this state down the Missouri River. West of that is cattle; east is corn farmers and dairies. While we are in rolling prairie, we are closest to the "hills" and can still pretend they are mountains (we came from the Orygun Cascades country). The eastern side is so flat, I could never live there.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boy, chores were fun this morning! LOL! Seriously. Cricket peed about 5 gallons when Morgaine fell down ("OMG! OMG! MY BABY IS DEAD, AND I'M LOCKED IN THIS HEADLOCK THINGIE!!!"), but that happens every time, so it was nothing unexpected. The calves always do this thing we call the Dead Calf Flop the first time you hook a lead rope on 'em. They just keel over and hit the ground, I guess in hopes that whatever "has" them will lose interest and go away. But no matter how many times they see their calves do that, the mothers ALWAYS freak out. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I got at least SOME milk from Cricket this morning, but only a gallon. Morgaine was starving, naturally, and she totally emptied the one full quarter I left for her, and then finished off what Cricket held back in the other three. That's a LOT of milk for a day-old calf, believe me. She kept nursing and bunting for probably half an hour after I finished and let Cricket out of the stanchion, then when she was SURE there was no milk left, she decided frolicking was in order. And of course, Cricket followed after her closely, worrying and whisper-mooing at her. Babies, though. They NEVER listen! Morgaine's world is happy and bright, and she wanted to PLAY. She'll get tired soon enough and put herself down for a nap, and then Cricket can relax and get something to eat. :)

You are just a Cowculating individual.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

awwwwwww I just love these stories. But why were you in a headlock when cricket wuz pee'in??

I don't, for a couple more weeks anyway...
You comin down here, or she goin up there?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I should go shopping for some real winter clothes. It'll probably be in the 70's here and in the 40's there.

OK, ya gotta remember something. Just cuz it's cold outside doesn't mean it's cold inside.:rolleyes:
Seriously, we aren't gonna be spending time outside. There is heat in the car, and heat inside. You just need to stay warm for a couple minutes at most. No need to go buying all new clothes.:)
Besides, I'll warm ya up if you get too cold.;)

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, ya gotta remember something. Just cuz it's cold outside doesn't mean it's cold inside.:rolleyes:
Seriously, we aren't gonna be spending time outside. There is heat in the car, and heat inside. You just need to stay warm for a couple minutes at most. No need to go buying all new clothes.:)
My thoughts exactly kadly..

Oh and joking apart, hope you both have a wonderful time :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I love your cow stories!! Those are probably the closest I'll ever get to cows.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want to build these NI80 zipper coils (they are very good), feel free to PM me :blowkiss::cheers:

The hotel room will be warm.

Leg it..................
I am sure I don't wanna build em, but need to look em up. Have never seen zipper coils
hehehe on the room part.

shame y'all don't have more time, you could take her to Brown County. Course, that's quite a ways from where you are. Some years back before he died, my brother told me last time he'd been there, it was nearly as nice as it used to be though. That's a shame. I haven't been there since I was a early teen. Loved it

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
awwwwwww I just love these stories. But why were you in a headlock when cricket wuz pee'in??

I was quoting what Cricket was thinking, silly! MY head wasn't in the headlock! Hers was! :teehee:

Maybe I should go shopping for some real winter clothes. It'll probably be in the 70's here and in the 40's there.

Well, I see Kadley says you're not going to have to be outside, but even if you were, you'd be better off buying something up there. "Winter" clothes in Texas would be insufficient. A friend of ours from Florida came up here and she prepared by getting a "parka" for the cold. Yeah, right, it was down-filled alright, but it was only MAYBE half an inch thick. It didn't even make a good spring jacket. But by Florida standards, that was the best cold-weather gear she could find. :rolleyes:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sure I don't wanna build em, but need to look em up. Have never seen zipper coils
hehehe on the room part.

There nothing new, couple of years old but I use NI80 wire instead of Kanthal,

Six strands of either Kanthal or NI80 28g wire, cut to the same length, put one wire in at a time into your drill chuck (electric screwdriver). Grab a pair of toothless pliers and put one end in the chuck and hold the other end taking the slack out and spin the drill, this will straighten your wire, run your finger down the wire before you remove it, repeat for all 6 wires.

Now grab 3 of those wires and twist them clockwise with the pilers at one end, put them in a drill bit (twisted end) and as before, hold the other end with the pilers taking out the slack and spin the drill clockwise, keep spinning them until the wire breaks. Put it back in and repeat until the wire breaks again and set it aside.

Now grab the other 3 wires and twist them counter clockwise with the pilers at one end, put them in the chuck (twisted end) and set the electric screwdriver to counter clockwise......repeat as above.

Now you have 2 wires that are twisted in opposite directions.

Set your electric screwdriver to clockwise, grab one of the wires and put in it the chuck, this time we want to smooth the wire out, use the pilers and start at the chuck end, spin the drill and slowly work your way to the end of the wire using the pilers, don't grip it too hard, you just want to gently hold it. You will have to do this about 15 times and you will see the wire flatten out and go smooth, repeat with the other wire.

Wash the wires to get rid of the metal filings that have been created from smoothing and flattening it out.

Now grab both wires and you should see that the lines, line up, the direction of the zipper lines should point down ^ (that direction).

You can now wrap your coil like you would any parallel coil, tad dar, you have just made a zipper coil.

X amount of wraps around X Diameter. I like 2.5mm ID and 6 wraps....RDA use 3mm ID

Last edited:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was quoting what Cricket was thinking, silly! MY head wasn't in the headlock! Hers was!
lmao derrrrrrr Told ya (I think) that I'm havin a really bad brain day. how come Cricket wuz in the head lock, fixin to or just finished milkin her?

Six strands of either Kanthal or NI80 28g wire, cut to the same length, put one wire in at a time into your drill chuck (electric screwdriver). Grab a pair of toothless pliers and put one end in the chuck and hold the other end taking the slack out and spin the drill, this will straighten your wire, run your finger down the wire before you remove it, repeat for all 6 wires.
Now grab 3 of those wires and twist them clockwise with the pilers at one end, put them in a drill bit (twisted end) and as before, hold the other end with the pilers taking out the slack and spin the drill clockwise, keep spinning them until the wire breaks. Put it back in and repeat until the wire breaks again and set it aside.
Now grab the other 3 wires and twist them counter clockwise with the pilers at one end, put them in the chuck (twisted end) and set the electric screwdriver to counter clockwise......repeat as above.
Set your electric screwdriver to clockwise, grab one of the wires and put in it the chuck, this time we want to smooth the wire out, use the pilers and start at the chuck end, spin the drill and slowly work your way to the end of the wire using the pilers, don't grip it too hard, you just want to gently hold it. You will have to do this about 15 times and you will see the wire flatten out and go smooth, repeat with the other wire.
Wash the wires to get rid of the metal filings that have been created from smoothing and flattening it out.
Now grab both wires and you should see that the lines, line up, the direction of the zipper lines should point down ^ (that direction).
You can now wrap your coil like you would any parallel coil, tad dar, you have just made a zipper coil.
okie dokie I'll get right on that........soon as I finish splittin this atom :rolleyes:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lmao derrrrrrr Told ya (I think) that I'm havin a really bad brain day. how come Cricket wuz in the head lock, fixin to or just finished milkin her?

Yeah, I have her in the headlock while I'm milking, so she doesn't decide to wander off in the middle of it or something. After a while, it's not so critical, and sometimes I forget to throw the latch over, so she COULD leave if she wanted to, but she's a good girl and usually stands pretty still and nice until after I'm finished. She's got a new baby right now, though, so all bets are off on how she's going to behave the next few days. ;) The problem this morning was Morgaine hit the floor, and Cricket HEARD it, but couldn't really SEE what was going on (there's sides on the feed box where her head is when it's locked in), and she panicked. She wanted to rush to her baby and lick her and bring her back to life, but she was stuck! So she made the only comment she can in times of stress and not having a good command of the English language. She peed. Usually she poops when she's upset or aggravated, but she was in a hurry, and the pee was quicker. Lots messier, too. :rolleyes: It's a plywood floor there, covered in a rubber mat. Flat surface. LOTS of splashing, and not a damn thing you can do until she finishes. Argh...

okie dokie I'll get right on that........soon as I finish splittin this atom :rolleyes:

I was thinking the exact same thing! LOL! I'm gonna have to see if Rich can understand those destructions. I did NOT, at least not the first time through. Maybe if I read it a few more times... :oops:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking the exact same thing! LOL! I'm gonna have to see if Rich can understand those destructions. I did NOT, at least not the first time through. Maybe if I read it a few more times... :oops:

X amount of wraps around X Diameter. I like 2.5mm ID and 6 wraps....RDA use 3mm ID

Better ???????? :teehee:

Leg it........................

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Better ???????? :teehee:

Leg it........................
Yeah, I stopped reading when you got as far as the drill chuck.:D

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Havin a rough day today.........might just have to line em all up and (crap!! earlier I thought of sumpthin real funny to say here, and now I can't remember to save me what it wuz) :xD:

Line us all up with our bare butts out and give em a panin ?

Ah drat, yeah OK, I'd enjoy it.....

(Flirt) me? Always :blowkiss:

I like to think of myself as pre-plebescent.:D
Are you moving to Texas

Leg it.............

Food time, southen fried chicken wraps

VU Sponsors