Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, has anyone here (that lives in the US anyhow) been watching any of the new shows, like:
Designated Survivor
This is Us
Kevin Can Wait

I've been enjoying all of these........ but stopped recording McGuyver after the first one
She kept saying words that ended in -opathy thus opathetic.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
gotchya! Definitely have a safe trip down. Wish you were flyin though. You'll no sooner get here than you'll have to leave.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Blah, blah, blah. It's cold.
poor lannie

images
images
I'm convinced purple ones keep you warmer!! hehehe

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, has anyone here (that lives in the US anyhow) been watching any of the new shows, like:
Designated Survivor
This is Us
Kevin Can Wait

I've been enjoying all of these........ but stopped recording McGuyver after the first one

gotchya! Definitely have a safe trip down. Wish you were flyin though. You'll no sooner get here than you'll have to leave.
Ill be there the same amount of time as I would if I was flying, just taking a couple extra days. And whaddya mean Kevin can wait? ;)

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I prefer weather.com,
Of course we all have our preferences. I used to be a professional weather forecaster, but I tend to use Intellicast for local weather. But I should tell you that just because you seem to detest the idea of using foreign sources, National Weather Service (NWS/NOAA) and, yes, weather.com too, all use the European forecast models. I have been bitching about it for 40 years because I refuse to believe that we couldn't come up with something better, especially for the Great Plains, than to rely on a model for central Spain. They (NWS) have told me (yes, I did talk to them) that it works and I have told them that I make a better prediction just looking at the sky from my back yard than their damn models predict for my area, but they have no intention of creating a model for us when they are convinced (in spite of the facts) that their model is "good enough." I am not trying to sell you something, but several other people on this thread voiced an interest in weather data. The forecast software in the ad is predicting something other than what the TV has been saying will happen, which is why I asked for verification from the locals as to what really happens.

Last edited:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
29?!?!!!!!!!!!
OMG I'd freeze to death!

It was 29 ABOVE! There are days when we wish for 1 above. Just to not see that minus sign on the thermometer. :) But seriously, after the hot weather we had, even 29 above felt pretty cold. I was wishing I'd taken my gloves out with me when I did early rounds this morning. Further into winter, we'll think 29 is t-shirt weather. Seriously. ;)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Of course we all have our preferences. I used to be a professional weather forecaster, but I tend to use Intellicast for local weather. But I should tell you that just because you seem to detest the idea of using foreign sources, National Weather Service (NWS/NOAA) and, yes, weather.com too, all use the European forecast models. I have been bitching about it for 40 years because I refuse to believe that we couldn't come up with something better for the Great Plains than to rely on a model for Spain. They (NWS) have told me (yes, I did talk to them) that it works and I have told them that I make a better prediction just looking at the sky from my back yard than their damn models predict for my area, but they have no intention of creating a model for us when they are convinced (in spite of the facts) that their model is "good enough." I am not trying to sell you something, but several other people on this thread voiced an interest in weather data. The forecast software in the ad is predicting something other than what the TV has been saying will happen, which is why I asked for verification from the locals as to what really happens.

That's good to know, and explains very well why I'm capable of figuring out more-or-less what the weather's gonna do, just from 1) going outside and looking at the sky, feeling the wind and humidity, and 2) looking at Doppler radar, often MUCH better than the weatherheads do.

Weathermen and doctors. :facepalm: Get paid even when they're WRONG. What a racket!!!

Andria

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Add the wind chill... only about 10 mph this morning, so that would make it feel like 19* F. Yesterday, we had nearly 50 mph winds... glad those weren't going on today or we would have had to break out the thermal underwear. :)
Pontiac's to thermals, life can be so cruel Dad ;)

that purple fuzzy wuz adorable rixy. :)

Ok..........time for me to go get showered and dressed talk to y'all later hopefully View attachment 63329
Thinking of you :inlove:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hoping everyone gets relief for their pain. Chronic pain is a horror to experience, and there are times nothing truly eliminates it, but hopefully make it bearable. I've actually been forced to deal with work things the last several days so popping in and out at random, but my thoughts are with everyone for hurricane warnings, medical issues, and of course, timely flower deliveries.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have RECORDS? :eek: (Maybe I should try that instead of just memorizing which ones I have and where they are...)
Yes ma'am. I have a small spiral notebook that I keep with my flavorings. When I get my flavor orders in, I write them in the book. Size, company etc. When I use up the ones I use the most, I make a note in the back of the notebook so if I'm placing an order, I look there first to add to it. I also add new flavors there that I need/want to try. A 2nd spiral notebook contains recipes.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes ma'am. I have a small spiral notebook that I keep with my flavorings. When I get my flavor orders in, I write them in the book. Size, company etc. When I use up the ones I use the most, I make a note in the back of the notebook so if I'm placing an order, I look there first to add to it. I also add new flavors there that I need/want to try. A 2nd spiral notebook contains recipes.

I'm totally the other end of the scale, all my flavors are in a big tub mixed up, never write a dam thing down, recipes on my PC (somewhere) I used to be a mixerholic with Lannie but since I've started work in a vape shop I get so much free stuff or discounts I hardly bother now. The only time I mix is from Isle of Flavors and the flavor profile is all in one bottle.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In searching through the book and the flavorings, I found several that are MIA. All from the same order. I must've stashed them somewhere and forgot where I put them.

Rixy, if I worked in a vape shop I probably would never mix again! Lol

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I was just funnin' ya, Lynn. ;) Although I actually DON'T have records, but my brain does this weird thing and memorizes things I see. I have all my flavors in three separate places now, and when I got the last big order, I tried to rearrange the newer flavors (all in big bottles) according to type. It was a bit hectic the first couple times I mixed, trying to remember where the French vanilla was, or the sweet cream... ;) But when I did it the other day, it wasn't too bad. Mostly, I put my hands right on the bottle I was looking for.

I do keep a notepad down here at the 'puter for jotting down flavors I want to order, but it really only works if it's NEW flavors. When I'm getting low on something, I have another list upstairs with all my supplies, but do I remember to bring it down with me when I'm ready to reorder? Noooooo... which is why I didn't get a large bottle of INW Biscuit on my last order. :rolleyes: One of these days, I'll get my act together. ;)

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YUM!!! There is nothing better than home canned tomatoes!! Sure do wish I lived closer to you! :)
Hows your cold ? I can't wait to visit her next year, I'll do all her chores so she has lots of time to cook and make things :) (and of course rest) Emily will muck in too, she's good like that, even Rich can put his feet up a bit more, they might kidnap us if we're too helpful though.

Before it all hit the fan we was going to arrange a big womper meet, hopefully we still can

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, gang, I'm off to can tomatoes again. Cross your fingers I can get it all done today!
And in about half an hour, I'm going out to the garden to strip absolutely everything that's still out there (must be today now that we've gotten freezing temps) and bring that all in to Lannie, so chances are she will not get it all canned today. No rest for the wicked... :zombie: :gaah: :blowkiss:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hows your cold ? I can't wait to visit her next year, I'll do all her chores so she has lots of time to cook and make things :) (and of course rest) Emily will muck in too, she's good like that, even Rich can put his feet up a bit more, they might kidnap us if we're too helpful though.

Before it all hit the fan we was going to arrange a big womper meet, hopefully we still can
My cold has gotten a bit worse. It doesn't help when you have someone that works in the same section you do, that wants a fan on. The place is air conditioned so it's not hot in there. The person that wants the fan on is the one that gave us this crap. Now you see how it spread? :eek:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
even Rich can put his feet up a bit more
No ottoman... no recliner... what would I put my feet up on? ;) We're so used to doing the work, everyone who shows up for the Love Acres Vapefest can trip along with us and watch to see what farm life is all about (and this is a TINY farm as farms go), but I doubt we'd even know how to hand off the burden to someone else. But y'all get to eat fresh brown eggs, drink fresh raw milk, homemade white cheddar, homemade yogurt, homemade butter, and homemade REAL whole wheat bread... and maybe Lannie will even show ya how to make all that stuff. :)

Well, gotta get my buns outside. Catch y'all later...

Last edited:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I'm even worse. It's all on an excel spreadsheet with every bottle mixed of recipes, dates, and opinions on each mix, Another tab with all my flavorings including amount, date purchased, and another tab with my tanks, when they had their coils and wicks changed, and what they currently hold as I rarely remember what I put in which tank to try out last week. I would set up alerts for when tanks should have their wicks changed but I'm afraid that will come off as too compulsive.

You know how to take care of chickens and cows? Cool. Can't wait to watch. :bomb: :giggle::devil:

Not to worry, I'll bring a med kit along. Lannie, do you have a 220V plug around there for the portable x ray machine too?:giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm even worse. It's all on an excel spreadsheet with every bottle mixed of recipes, dates, and opinions on each mix, Another tab with all my flavorings including amount, date purchased, and another tab with my tanks, when they had their coils and wicks changed, and what they currently hold as I rarely remember what I put in which tank to try out last week. I would set up alerts for when tanks should have their wicks changed but I'm afraid that will come off as too compulsive.

Well hell, what's one more spreadsheet? :giggle:

Seriously, anytime I'm afraid that maybe I'm a little OCD about something, I need to come read this, and put my mind at ease. :D

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My cold has gotten a bit worse. It doesn't help when you have someone that works in the same section you do, that wants a fan on. The place is air conditioned so it's not hot in there. The person that wants the fan on is the one that gave us this crap. Now you see how it spread? :eek:
Yea we have a couple of people that are fan fans. Fans of fans.
Well hell, what's one more spreadsheet? :giggle:

Seriously, anytime I'm afraid that maybe I'm a little OCD about something, I need to come read this, and put my mind at ease. :D

Andria
Same here. :p

VU Sponsors