Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

coolerat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Then maybe my "attitude" is because 1) all reporters desire to scare the crap out of their audiences (does that give them viewer points?) and 2) everything I build is usually over-engineered. I learned my lesson with fences here because I did not know how abusive cows can be to all manner of hardware, but now that I do know, all projects from here on will be designed to restrain an elephant. When I do roofing, I don't use 1/2" screws, but 1-1.5 inchers with a washer. Why take chances? I would rather go 10-12 years between repairs than to have to climb up there and rescrew things every six months. And considering the outrageous prices contractors charge to build a house (especially in places like NY), I would think they would be built to last through all manner of conditions (wind/rain/snow/quakes).

Here in South Dakota, all pipes outside are eight feet below the surface (must be well below the frost line). That's the only way to guarantee we have running water in the barns during winter.

Four years ago we wanted to move to SD.

No shit for our budget we couldn't swing a second hand double wide.

So we bought in NY for about a third of SD prices.

When you say "NY" your talking the city. Houses are dirt cheap in the state itself. Of coarse they are very old. The one I just sold was in the new part of town and was a 126 years old.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Four years ago we wanted to move to SD.
No shit for our budget we couldn't swing a second hand double wide.
So we bought in NY for about a third of SD prices.
Wow! We sold a doublewide in Orygun on three acres with a single garage -- not even an expensive area -- for twice what we paid for 10 acres here with house (about 80 years old), detached double garage, huge shop, homestead cabin, chicken coop, and barn. Were you looking on the eastern side of the state? I have heard stuff is more expensive east of the Missouri River. Of course, we are a zillion miles from anywhere out here, but it fits us.

cabin people.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
all reporters desire to scare the crap out of their audiences (does that give them viewer points?)

This, precisely. Down here, they will PRE-EMPT TV shows at night, to give RUNNING coverage of a 'wintry mix' type of storm. Fucking RETARDS. It drives me batshit, but not one damn thing I can do about TV retards.

Andria

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But up here when it snows over 7 trillion combined horse power of snow removal equipment fire up. They don't have that.
true......but unless they are northern transplants, southerners can't drive in that stuff. Like Andria said, especially ICE. Huge freeze in Galveston after Hurricane Alicia. News guy from Houston came down to film folks driving over the causeway which from Galveston first went up hill, then down hill on the other side. After about the 4th car slammed into him down there, he decided it wasn't worth filming! :facepalm:

I get a whackin when I have man flu, that's just mean x
sorry, I did forget you were sick......... but if you wuz that dang sick you wouldn't wanna eat, much less eat chinese food which you probably have to go out and get. lol :inlove:

coolerat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Wow! We sold a doublewide in Orygun on three acres with a single garage -- not even an expensive area -- for twice what we paid for 10 acres here with house (about 80 years old), detached double garage, huge shop, homestead cabin, chicken coop, and barn. Were you looking on the eastern side of the state? I have heard stuff is more expensive east of the Missouri River. Of course, we are a zillion miles from anywhere out here, but it fits us.

View attachment 63402

In the area anywhere Wall/Rapid City for use thank you.

In NY 100-120K can buy any combination of heaven you want from 2000 sq/ft in the burbs to a small farm or really anything at all.

Sadly for us we don't have that kinda coin so got a 50 YO ranch house on a bit of land. Just use and the dawgs now. It doesn't have a shop but has land in case I fall into some money. I have my tools in storage just in case.

coolerat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
true......but unless they are northern transplants, southerners can't drive in that stuff. Like Andria said, especially ICE. Huge freeze in Galveston after Hurricane Alicia. News guy from Houston came down to film folks driving over the causeway which from Galveston first went up hill, then down hill on the other side. After about the 4th car slammed into him down there, he decided it wasn't worth filming! :facepalm:

sorry, I did forget you were sick......... but if you wuz that dang sick you wouldn't wanna eat, much less eat chinese food which you probably have to go out and get. lol :inlove:

What you don't understand is nobody can drive in that without chains.

Even four wheel drive is as useful as tits on a boar hog on ice.

We have giant salt trucks with chains that melt the ice and rot our trucks out in 5 years.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, exactly -- in Michigan, I had the opportunity to *learn* to drive on ice -- it can be done, but it requires gently easing on the accelerator (and never touching the brake!)... which is fine, in MI, the whole damn state is flat as a pancake! But down here, we have HILLS.... you cannot gently ease on the accelerator to go up a hill!

Andria

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Does that mean the invite is cancelled :p

Delivered to the door and you have to feed a cold :D

A bit less tonight though.

Crab Claws
King prawn curry and fried rice.

Ickle meal :)

:teehee:

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In the area anywhere Wall/Rapid City for use thank you.
I forgot the I-90 corridor is also expensive. Of course, we wouldn't live in/near Rapid City fer nuthin.
4WD can get ya going on ice, but it is totally useless for stopping, which, even here, lots of folk don't seem to understand. The vast majority of vehicles I see in the ditches in winter are 4WD pickups and out-of-state tiny SUVs (honda/toyota types).
Nope. Just means ya don't live next door. :D The "fast cars" are only on the roads here in summer. Even though we have excellent road cleaning crews, ain't no one dumb enough to drive a tire-squealer here in winter.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. Just means ya don't live next door. The "fast cars" are only on the roads here in summer. Even though we have excellent road cleaning crews, ain't no one dumb enough to drive a tire-squealer here in winter.
lol don't think any of us would be caught dead up there in the winter, cuz iffn it wuz winter..........we'd prolly be dead! I think with a honkin RV, the only tire squealin will be done with the RC cars! hehehe

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Delivered to the door and you have to feed a cold :D

A bit less tonight though.

Crab Claws
King prawn curry and fried rice.

Ickle meal :)

:teehee:

Chinese food is actually OUTSTANDING if you have actual flu -- garlic is an amazing anti-viral, and ginger relieves nausea. The chinese believge that medicine starts in the kitchen -- as do I, as a matter of fact. :D

Andria

coolerat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I forgot the I-90 corridor is also expensive. Of course, we wouldn't live in/near Rapid City fer nuthin.

4WD can get ya going on ice, but it is totally useless for stopping, which, even here, lots of folk don't seem to understand. The vast majority of vehicles I see in the ditches in winter are 4WD pickups and out-of-state tiny SUVs (honda/toyota types).

Nope. Just means ya don't live next door. :D The "fast cars" are only on the roads here in summer. Even though we have excellent road cleaning crews, ain't no one dumb enough to drive a tire-squealer here in winter.

SD never woulda happened anyway cause SD is my thing. My wife prefers Montana. So we agreed on Wy as a comprise which as you know means we picked Montana. She's from up on the Tug Hill where 12 feet of snow in a week isn't unheard of so has a different outlook then me. We sometime get a few feet a day here but it stopps after a day or two. 30 miles from here it just keeps going day after day after day................

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds yummy!! what's an ickle meal?
Little :)

Dang! I almost forgot Rixy was bringin' his toys. Yo @Rixsta ! Does Emmy like your RC toys too? I gotta remember to put Stoneville Road on the itinerary.
I'm not sure, I'd say so, doesn't everyone like to drive an RC car at speeds of 70mph / 112kph. In fact the toys Emily plays with may even go faster than that.

Night Y'all

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

We have giant salt trucks with chains that melt the ice and rot our trucks out in 5 years.
We drive on icy roads without chains on a regular basis here in the northern Indiana snowbelt.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If one measured the distance traveled with each vibration and multiplied times the vibrations per hour....
Kind of a distance to orgasm standard?
think we could get a grant to do that study?
I understand that they work by having an off-center weight on a tiny motor. Would it be easier to just measure the RPM of the motor at full battery charge and multiply by the diameter of the weight?
Never took a trip to the lovehoney website then. You should, there's even toys for you there. :)
Not in the least interested in toys. For me, it's the real thing or nothing.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand that they work by having on off-center weight on a tiny motor. Wouldn't be easier to just measure the RPM of the motor at full battery charge and multiply by the diameter of the weight?

Not in the least interested in toys. For me, it's the real thing or nothing.
The industrial grade mains driven ones have an open pole transformer type of vibratory mechanism and vibrate at 60 hz or 50 in England I suppose.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening y'all!
I have a story to tell you guys! There's 1 thread at ECF that I will never give up unless I am banished of course but I play in the rules there. It's just a bunch of friends that met in the mini Clouper contest thread. Kad's there and Atcha was for a few minutes. Anyway, one of my buddies met a new member in the new member thread and invited the guy over to our thread. The guy is from NC and lives in the same county that I do! Isn't that some coincidence???

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The industrial grade mains driven ones have an open pole transformer type of vibratory mechanism and vibrate at 60 hz or 50 in England I suppose.
Assuming said vibratory mechanism had a distance of travel of 1/2" side to side and made one full cycle (back then forth) at 60 Hz (cycles per second), that would be 1 inch full swing per cycle or 60 inches total per second or 3,600 inches per minute or 216,000 inches per hour, which translates into 18,000 feet per hour or only 3.4090909 miles per hour, so this plastic toy has a speed of 3.4 mph and Rixy said she has a toy that exceeds 70 mph, so Mr. Plastic is not the answer. How many guesses are for a RC drone instead?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assuming said vibratory mechanism had a distance of travel of 1/2" side to side and made one full cycle (back then forth) at 60 Hz (cycles per second), that would be 1 inch full swing per cycle or 60 inches total per second or 3,600 inches per minute or 216,000 inches per hour, which translates into 18,000 feet per hour or only 3.4090909 miles per hour, so this plastic toy has a speed of 3.4 mph and Rixy said she has a toy that exceeds 70 mph, so Mr. Plastic is not the answer. How many guesses are for a RC drone instead?
Can't fight science :)

So under a mile for most women?

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
21dlrp.jpg

I get to try a lot of juice every week but this one has me excited, just from smell alone this one is going to be rather special I think..

I'll be rippin on this later and give you my thoughts.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
y'all tawk funny! :p

I was in Lima Ohio during that blizzard.
small world. I was in Dayton.

I have a story to tell you guys! There's 1 thread at ECF that I will never give up unless I am banished of course but I play in the rules there. It's just a bunch of friends that met in the mini Clouper contest thread. Kad's there and Atcha was for a few minutes. Anyway, one of my buddies met a new member in the new member thread and invited the guy over to our thread. The guy is from NC and lives in the same county that I do! Isn't that some coincidence???
oh kewl!

Raining like hell here! The roof in my kitchen has sprung a leak. Good thing it's over the sink.
dats not kewl! glad it is over the sink, but that's awful hun. Hope you can get it fixed quickly.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good, that means you won't be talking about the OBS Engine and trying to convince me I need to buy it.;)
Hmm, I will be using that tank to test the juice in, might get a little mention, we shall see lol

@Debadoo, afternoon x x How are you today..?

Gave the kitchen one hell of a clean today, windows inside and out, skirting boards, ya know all the stuff that never gets done, it looks good...Afternoon buddy.

VU Sponsors