Become a Patron!

Your Vape Today? Mod, rba, juice, etc

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Juice Man's Unicorn Frappe in a UForce tank atop a Pico 21700.
What's the big deal about 21700's over 18650's, anyway? I'm not noticing any great difference in vape time. Maybe it's just the quality of the batteries...?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Juice Man's Unicorn Frappe in a UForce tank atop a Pico 21700.
What's the big deal about 21700's over 18650's, anyway? I'm not noticing any great difference in vape time. Maybe it's just the quality of the batteries...?

What brand of batteries you using? I am running the molicel 21700's, and they last a lot longer than the molicel 18650 I also use. I've been getting 21700 mods, because they do last longer, with a single 18650 mod, I am lucky if can last all day with 1 battery, but can easily with the 21700.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Asmodus Luna with Yachtvape Meshlock RDA, Christmas Lights

I'm vaping the last little bit of this Christmas Lights juice, so have to decide what to put in this Luna next. Not mixing right now because I'm trying to use up some juice I've had a while, so the decision won't be easy.

I decided to use Barnabas Collins, an anise and citrus punch type thing. Had to transfer it to a squonk refill bottle, because otherwise these Lunas are Pains In The Ass!

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What brand of batteries you using? I am running the molicel 21700's, and they last a lot longer than the molicel 18650 I also use. I've been getting 21700 mods, because they do last longer, with a single 18650 mod, I am lucky if can last all day with 1 battery, but can easily with the 21700.
Yeah, I thought that might be it. It's a Vapcell 21700 battery. Got it for free. My 18650's are Molicel & Samsung. Guess it's just not as good quality.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Molly squonk
Wasp nano rda
Tropical blast - keep it 100
a2eea42a9b0389b6d0531669c374a48b.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I thought that might be it. It's a Vapcell 21700 battery. Got it for free. My 18650's are Molicel & Samsung. Guess it's just not as good quality.

Vapcells are generally quite good, but they make more than one type of 21700. What color is the one you're using?

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I’m actually shocked at the amounts of RTAs vs RDA. This triggers my leaky juice PTSD :giggle:
I mainly use top air flow, single coil deck RTAs- those don't leak for me.
The Intake
Dead Rabbit(dual)
SMM Elevate
Kaees Solomon V2
The Zeus
I only use RDAs with my squonkers.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I’m actually shocked at the amounts of RTAs vs RDA. This triggers my leaky juice PTSD :giggle:

Most RTAs I have with bottom airflow don't leak if you "burp" them when refilling. If you don't know what I mean by that, and want to know, I'll describe.

I have a lot of RTAs but I absolutely cannot stand 'em if they leak.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seems this morning I'm gravitating to a Topside Lite mod with an Advken Gorge RDA, using a glass/ss drip tip with wire mesh spit back guard. The juice in the flask tastes of unflavored Vg sweetness as it vapes at fifty watts on a 0.27 ohm coil. :cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud:"Ahhhhh, ....":D:):shades:

This is a $80 kit. I didn't pay but half that getting the mod on a deep cut sale. Not that I find cost of kit to matter too much in taste or enjoy-ability of vaping. Merely offering a bit of cost oversight for people if they like to buy similar.

Cotton for wicks? I paid $8 for a huge bag of Muji cotton (organic Japanese cotton) So if I spend half a cent per wick, that might break the bank. Wire for coils? On average I might spend $9 a spool to get hm, 600-800 simple build coils. Hm, a penny a coil at worst.

ETA: Checking I paid more than thought for cotton. It still doesn't add enough to matter. instead of half a cent it might be a cent a wick. My costs is still under $10 monthly.

Juice? I was finding it for $40 per liter jug. Who knows now what an unflavored base of 18 mg/ml nicotine juice will run cost wise? That would get me about 100 batches of 10 ml for squonking.

So it come to averaging $0.04 per ml of juice, unless I added flavorings. Flavorings added I could run $0.08 per ml. 1 liter of juice base can last me roughly 9 months. That's max VG though. Not sure how long a 50/50 blend will last, estimating a year.

My average daily juice use is likely 1.75 ml. Had thought I was doing 4 ml daily, rechecked and found I'm actually not. I have several mods in rotation use. That led me to inflate my use rate. Some use more or less, once averaged though I'm sure I'm not going over 2 ml daily. So I use $0.08 to $0.16 worth of juice daily as I use DIY. Averaging that at 30 days per month, $3.60.

Hardware cost $40, and hardware may last two years or three. It all depends on how it gets treated, how durable it was made. So it comes out to $1.11 monthly cost.

Consumables less batteries say $55 and figure one year's time, $4.58 monthly. Add another $25 every two years for batteries and it comes out to $6.66 monthly.

So I'm maybe spending $7.77 per month all total. Compare that to at least $1,000 monthly even for roll your own cigarettes. $990 in savings up front, priceless what it saves back end costs health wise.

Unless I note a cost is specific, I use averaged costs, which includes S&H.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
HCigar VT75 with SC Aromamizer Lite V1.5, Winter Cocoa
HCigar Cold Steel with SC Aromamizer Supreme V2, Orange Brandy
Asmodus Pumper with Yachtvape Meshlock, Confetti Shortbread

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Decided to wake this old combo from it's slumber. :D
  • eVic-VTC Mini with ArcticFox firmware
  • CoV Mini Vengence tank
  • HS RY4

(Hax dollartree gloves because it's about 63F in the living room...comfy, but not for fingers)

IMG_20201029_030131.jpg

Cleaned the CoV Mini Vengeance tank up and washed out the wicking with a some vinegar solution and rinsed out well, let it all dry overnight and she's good to go. Same DIY 0.87 ohm K1 coil as before.

Running around 22W until I'm sure it's up to speed then probably 24-25W. Still a fun little tank. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This morning I'm reaching for the gun-metal Geekvape Athena mod with an Ultem pea colored top cap Wasp Nano RDA. I cleaned its firing bar and firing area up this morning too. I put some sickly sweet nearly red looking peppermint and sweet cream juice in the bottle. My wife keeps bringing me half cut sweet tea from Micky D's, ugh. So I show her, I vape sweet peppermint tea less the tea. Ha!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
eek! Cthulu! Run for your kidneys!

Still purdy purdy. :) May even need to save my nickles. Does this squonk, or how does it function?
I thought it would be Release the Kraken lol!
The Dot AIO SE is a Pod like system- it can use coils or I use the RBA. There is adjustment for power, soft, med and so on. Here it is with the clear covers on so you can see the workings, the SE edition shows what the readings are. Dot has the regular AIO too- that one is more expensive.
I use it to throw in my purse or the car when doing errands.
I also have the Dotmod Squonk- that is a single 20700 battery mech and the covers are changeable on that one too.

20200918_154734.jpg20200919_131856.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thought it would be Release the Kraken lol!
The Dot AIO SE is a Pod like system- it can use coils or I use the RBA. There is adjustment for power, soft, med and so on. Here it is with the clear covers on so you can see the workings, the SE edition shows what the readings are. Dot has the regular AIO too- that one is more expensive.
I use it to throw in my purse or the car when doing errands.
I also have the Dotmod Squonk- that is a single 20700 battery mech and the covers are changeable on that one too.

View attachment 172212View attachment 172213

Ah, something akin to a billet box I see. Will need to look for the squonky one, maybe.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I thought I'd have a Throwback Thursday mod for ya but my sister absconded with it.

ALeader Funky 160W & Zeus X Mesh RTA @.19Ω.
- Ripe Vapes VCT Vanilla Tobacco
Aspire Puxos 100W & Baby Beast Rainbow @.49Ω
- TMaxx Peanut Butter Custard
Pico 80W & Tobeco Mini Supertank @.23Ω
- Vapetasia Blackberry Lemonade

10.29.20.jpg

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ha ha! Now, using my aluminum CV mod with a ST U.S.1 V2 clone RDA. Think I bout half/arf got it sorted to fire more than not/naught/knot.

ETA: Just ordered a few modding parts to mod that CV mod, too. Going to try using a different 510 pin and nut combination on it, see if that gets it firing better.

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
New combo for me this morning:
Joyetech Exceed Box - About the simplest box there is, i'm guessing; much more a battery than a mod.
Newly re-wicked Soulmate MTL RTA. And i didn't destroy the coil like the last time i re-wicked!!
Juishy Cinnamon Bun e-liquid at 1.8% nic - Used to be one of those wake up - light up - finish it in about 4 minutes & light another all before getting out of bed people. So i need the stronger stuff in the early A.M.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So far this morn, using my aluminum CV mod with a ST U.S.1 V2 clone RDA. Vaping on nearly unflavored juice at 18 mg nicotine/ml. Do not recall what the flavor had been in the sqottle (sqonk bottle). I've flushed it out twice now with unflavored base.

Think I'll soon fall back to dripping flavoring on a wick now and then, if I use any flavor at all. Can appreciate a taste of flavor but finding more and more I like the unflavored.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Are you meaning 18 mg of nicotine per 1 ml of liquid?

I vape 18 mg of nicotine per ml myself. Always have for about five years, except for a few weeks. I tried lowering to 12 mg per ml, could not do it.
Yes, that's what i mean; 1.8% = 18mg/ml.
6mg works for me most of the time. 1st thing in the morning, though, or after being unable to vape for several hours, it has to be something stronger. Often, i'll carry 3 devices with me: 1 for CBD, 1 for lighter e-liquid, 1 for stronger. It's kind of a bother but, if i vape 12 or higher e-liquid all the time, i get headaches; if i only have lower strength e-liguid with me and have to go too long without, i find myself giving in and smoking.

VU Sponsors