Become a Patron!

OBS Crius

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, so my Crius arrived today. The hype is real as far as Im concerned, im only like a half tank in but color me impressed! It takes some serious effort to get a dry hit on this. My standard build is .37 ohms 2.4mm diameter coils, 6 wraps of 26g kanthal. Flavor is great for sure and nice cloudage. My poor poor Billows may have seen their demise!! Will report back after I run some tanks thru this!

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My two showed up today, still waiting on some mods to show to mount them on.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Alright, so my Crius arrived today. The hype is real as far as Im concerned, im only like a half tank in but color me impressed! It takes some serious effort to get a dry hit on this. My standard build is .37 ohms 2.4mm diameter coils, 6 wraps of 26g kanthal. Flavor is great for sure and nice cloudage. My poor poor Billows may have seen their demise!! Will report back after I run some tanks thru this!
Love it!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was thinking of getting two Crowns but I think I may just stick with getting two more Crius for the other boxes I have coming in.

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
After some serious contemplation and being the giving soul I am, I've come to the conclusion I'm willing to give a loving home to anyone's unwanted Billow V2's :D lol

Cheers,
Steve
I'll take second in line, so I can try one. :rolleyes::p

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the Black Crius on the way for my eVic VT to replace the Cthulhu v2 if I like it I might even toss it on my X Cube 2, can anyone tell me how it vapes with basic flavors like say a Grape? because that's my all day vape I do venture into many other flavors but that's the main one I'm interested in.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Black Crius on the way for my eVic VT to replace the Cthulhu v2 if I like it I might even toss it on my X Cube 2, can anyone tell me how it vapes with basic flavors like say a Grape? because that's my all day vape I do venture into many other flavors but that's the main one I'm interested in.
I have two Crius v2 tanks, just got the Cthulhu v2 black few days ago. Crius tanks are at top of list still, really liking the Cthulhu, airflow not quite as good, consider the juice control a joke but no issues leaving it wide open. Both are great but Crius FTW. Have two of the v3 decks on the way. My 3 Crown tanks get limited use as well as many others.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally. Out for delivery.
tumblr_lm8w7kuXJX1ql141xo1_250.gif

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does anyone have both- one with the larger postholes and original deck and one with the velocity deck.
Curious about if the difference in vape is worth the expense.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Maybe @TheVapingDevil will have some tips for disassembling it.

Edit Or Amanda, we were typing at the same time :)
its a tough little sucker to get apart the first few times. I tried the pliers with tape around the jaws.... = broken tank. lolol. best way i found is to run it under hot hot water for a bit then grab both ends with paper towels and it usually comes apart pretty easy. now that I have taken it apart several times, its pretty easy to do. hope this helps

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Does anyone have both- one with the larger postholes and original deck and one with the velocity deck.
Curious about if the difference in vape is worth the expense.
I have the V2 with the enlarged post holes and what I call V3 with the velocity deck. To me, the vape quality is no much different. maybe a tad smoother with the velocity deck. In terms of building the velocity is so much easier

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the V2 with the enlarged post holes and what I call V3 with the velocity deck. To me, the vape quality is no much different. maybe a tad smoother with the velocity deck. In terms of building the velocity is so much easier
Cool! Thank you dude! I'll stick with the v1 & v2 then. Lol

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its a tough little sucker to get apart the first few times. I tried the pliers with tape around the jaws.... = broken tank. lolol. best way i found is to run it under hot hot water for a bit then grab both ends with paper towels and it usually comes apart pretty easy. now that I have taken it apart several times, its pretty easy to do. hope this helps

This is exactly what I had to do with the hot water and paper towels. Came apart pretty easily with a little heat and water lube..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Cool! Thank you dude! I'll stick with the v1 & v2 then. Lol
hahaha, I hear ya man. If I had to replace my V2 deck, I would probably go with the velocity style but for now it works great. It may just me, but part of me thinks the wicking is easier on the V2 vs the velocity although there isnt any physical differences that I can see. Might just be my imagination or the fact that the velocity deck gets more use..... just an observation with no concernable facts to support it.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On tanks I've had problems getting apart, I've found using rubber mesh gripping cloths (that's what I call them anyway, used for getting stuck on tops off jars in the kitchen) really helps getting a grip without breaking my glass.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit. Paging Mr Devil usually works. He's normally lurking around here lol :D

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
On tanks I've had problems getting apart, I've found using rubber mesh gripping cloths (that's what I call them anyway, used for getting stuck on tops off jars in the kitchen) really helps getting a grip without breaking my glass.

Cheers,
Steve
Great tip and thanks Steve....
I have a cloth similar to that but its not rubber. More like a terry cloth that I shine my sink with. Works well but I imagine the rubber would work better.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve

Edit. Paging Mr Devil usually works. He's normally lurking around here lol :D
That's what I ended up using along with pliers. I was headed for the blow torch and backhoe next.
Anyone know if the deck can be separated from the base. It looks to be, but I want to be sure before I start screwing around with it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I ended up using along with pliers. I was headed for the blow torch and backhoe next.
Anyone know if the deck can be separated from the base. It looks to be, but I want to be sure before I start screwing around with it.
I don't think so - there's a thread over at the other place where someone took theirs apart (and killed the whole thing LOL)!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm not positive since I don't have one yet. But since you can buy the velocity style deck separately, I would think the deck could be separated from the base.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit. Ignore the above post since the deck comes in a new base. I wasn't aware of that when I originally posted.

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So wait, you guys can't get the base and tank apart? M8ne was no problem, but does the deck come out of the base? I couldn't get mine apart. Couldn't tell if it was one piece, but I'm thinking it comes apart. The velocity deck.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So wait, you guys can't get the base and tank apart? M8ne was no problem, but does the deck come out of the base? I couldn't get mine apart. Couldn't tell if it was one piece, but I'm thinking it comes apart. The velocity deck.
I think it's all one piece.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I think it's all one piece.
I think it is one pc as well. Or two pcs that have been pressed together and designed not to separate. I have not found a good way that looks like it would work without damaging either the base or the deck.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm assuming when you buy the velocity style deck separately, it must come in a base then? Like I said, I don't have 1 yet. I'm trying to figure it out myself.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm assuming when you buy the velocity style deck separately, it must come in a base then? Like I said, I don't have 1 yet. I'm trying to figure it out myself.

Cheers,
Steve
Yupyup! Just a replacement base

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used the supplied coils, wicked her up(piece of cake), loaded with juice and...HOLY SHIT BAT MAN!!! This is one hell of a tank.
Anyone on the fence, don't think twice, just buy the damn thing. My billow V2s and my Bellus are getting nervous. My Sub Tank just gave up all hope(I still love my work horse) and my Taifun is holding up a "will work for juice" sign.:D

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how do you all wick your crius. im trying to get it done. I get dry hits if I take a longer than 2 second hit and this is at 36 W

26 awg dual .5 ohms 3mm ID

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wick mine with jape cotton and thin it down to where it just dips into the little pockets but its thick into the coil

VU Sponsors