Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do a web search and you will find that you can download - free - open source programs that work the same as MS Word, Excel, etc. so you can read and write things to share with others without having to pay for expensive and complex programs. As a starter, check out
http://get.officex.org/ext/officex-...MI1NuDyunH2QIV0rrACh0eSQOnEAAYAyAAEgImoPD_BwE
which should get you the equivalent of Microsoft Office, but free.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kitty comes first, Crom. Go to bed. We can worry about docs some other time... maybe PDF would be easiest?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think that's the stuff on my fire starter stick... thin shreds exposed to oxygen and POOF! instant flames. So does this mean you are really hot now? :devil: (oh, I am just so full of shit tonight...)

:bomb:

Now, now, my hot flashes have diminished significantly since I started on a path to good health

Magnesium is also commonly called Epsom Salt - certainly any real old phart would know that as it is also effective treating constipation :teehee:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I tried that a bunch of years ago. It didn't do a thing for me.

I used to think that too until - as has happened many times - found out I was doing it all wrong o_O

Used it for a lot of things over the years, but now that I know how to use it, try to soak in it at least once a week.

The key is to stay in it for at least 20 minutes, but no longer than half an hour, and DO NOT rinse or wash it off

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
stay in it for at least 20 minutes, but no longer than half an hour
Hmmmm... I figure if I don't get to soak in the tub for at least an hour, it wasn't worth wasting all that water. So, obviously, I wasn't playing by the right rules.

Well, I gotta go snuggle the kitty now. And tomorrow is monthly shopping day, so won't be back on here until about 10 PM MST. See y'all then...

Hogs & Quiches

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:bomb:

Now, now, my hot flashes have diminished significantly since I started on a path to good health

Magnesium is also commonly called Epsom Salt - certainly any real old phart would know that as it is also effective treating constipation :teehee:
I use it to soak in the tub, relieves aches and patns

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmmm... I figure if I don't get to soak in the tub for at least an hour, it wasn't worth wasting all that water. So, obviously, I wasn't playing by the right rules.

Well, I gotta go snuggle the kitty now. And tomorrow is monthly shopping day, so won't be back on here until about 10 PM MST. See y'all then...

Hogs & Quiches
I have never seen it buddy

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hogs & Quiches
Night Drac see you tomorrow my friend

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I use it to soak in the tub, relieves aches and patns

That's because it helps your lymph nodes expel toxins and helps you absorb the magnesium - which is a natural muscle relaxer

My husband was once put on an IV drip of magnesium after he pulls several different muscles and his body turned into one big muscle spasm

Soak half an hour in plain water, then reheat it with fresh hot water and magnesium for the last half hour :question:

If you soak in it longer than half an hour, you skin reabsorbs the toxins it expelled and you won't get that relaxing "jello" feeling

Leaving it on your skin is extremely beneficial

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I am going to go hug a pillow good night everybody see you all tomorrow

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where's everyone at tonight, I didn't get a memo saying there was no OPC meeting tonight?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm around; terrible insomnia last night so I had a long nap late this afternoon... *sigh* I still feel the fatigue of getting so little sleep last night, but don't feel sleepy. Maybe after I have my warm-milk cocoa.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah - I'm here too, just had a shitty day so have been bemoaning the mod design-patriarchy in another thread

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been a long hard day and I am just getting around to saying "hello" when most of you have probably already logged off for the night. Sigh...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everyone's been talking about their physical maladies and conditions -- any other eczema sufferers in here? I started getting a form of it on the palms of my hands in the summer of 2016; it kinda comes and goes, but the middle of my right palm has been in near-constant uproar for close to a year now... and now I also have it on my lower legs... and the shit ITCHES LIKE A MAD MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!! Itching is even less conducive to sleep than pain. :xD:

Andria

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everyone's been talking about their physical maladies and conditions -- any other eczema sufferers in here? I started getting a form of it on the palms of my hands in the summer of 2016; it kinda comes and goes, but the middle of my right palm has been in near-constant uproar for close to a year now... and now I also have it on my lower legs... and the shit ITCHES LIKE A MAD MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!! Itching is even less conducive to sleep than pain. :xD:

Andria
Too much stress? That can certainly be (at least) a contributor. I had it for three months. Getting away from the stress and using Dove soap products cleared it up.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Yikes! Sounds horrible.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm around; terrible insomnia last night so I had a long nap late this afternoon... *sigh* I still feel the fatigue of getting so little sleep last night, but don't feel sleepy. Maybe after I have my warm-milk cocoa.

Andria
HiYa Andria I have a hard time getting to sleep too, feel like crap all day and can't get to sleep at night.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Too much stress? That can certainly be (at least) a contributor. I had it for three months. Getting away from the stress and using Dove soap products cleared it up.

Stress does seem to make it worse, but apparently it's just one of the many manifestations of the "allergy spectrum" -- those with other allergies and/or asthma seem most afflicted with it, and I have both (allergies and asthma).

This is what it looks like, on my hand -- and this is a fairly mild affliction, currently -- at xmas I had 3 or 4 of those splits along the lines in my palm:

dishydrotic_eczema.jpg

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yikes! Sounds horrible.

It's about to drive me completely batshit. Couple the extreme itching on my hand (and on the left thumb, too), and the front of both my lower shins, with leg and foot cramps, and throw in some tummy-doesn't-feel-so-good for good measure, and there you have reasons number 1, 2 and 3 for my usual insomnia, and hey, I had them all, last night! :facepalm:

I need a damn BODY transplant. :mad:

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HiYa Sandi hard day today? :(
Hi Jimi! Not really its just one of those days! :) I found out today my liver doctor is a extortionist. In order to get my next lab done I have to see her. Of course so she can make 600-800 dollars doing nothing but telling me I have to be on meds until May/June. I'm going to wait it out until then. Screw her! If I start feeling weird or whatnot I will see my primary doc first. I would find a different doc/quack but there is a monopoly on health care in this area.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
I had it on my lower legs for a while or I had a reaction to the poisons they injected into me that was a year and a half ago.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get that mild form of eczema quite a bit. When it becomes full blown blisters, it really sucks. I ain't got asthma, but my allergies are bad. Dirt can make me break out in hives. It's the minerals in the dirt I have allergies to.

I just took my sleeping medicine, so I should be out like a light in about an hour.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stress does seem to make it worse, but apparently it's just one of the many manifestations of the "allergy spectrum" -- those with other allergies and/or asthma seem most afflicted with it, and I have both (allergies and asthma).

This is what it looks like, on my hand -- and this is a fairly mild affliction, currently -- at xmas I had 3 or 4 of those splits along the lines in my palm:

View attachment 105488

Andria
What are you putting on them Andria?

VU Sponsors