Daily Check-In Thread

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Deb, you stay safe with all that crap going on.

I just picked up the pup. He is hyper as ever, and wants to go play outside. Vets orders are that he can't have anything to eat or drink until tomorrow. Since he eats trees and bushes, I can't let him out. That means I had to put the cover over the doggy door. Inside food and water are taken away. Oh...and he hates his cone of shame to keep him from getting at his stitches where his balls used to be.

View attachment 199016
Awww poor guy. The cone is never fun. Thanks, will stay safe as can be.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning all, got through the storm okay. Others not too far were not so lucky. We do have one hell of a mess outside where they are still doing the construction in this neighborhood. Quite a bit of flooding too. This is out my back window and back door.

mess.jpg

mess2.jpg

I feel for the workers that are going to have to try and clean this crap up. The little kitty that has been hanging around outside did okay too. I have food for her under the big moving trailer we have in the driveway and the houses that are not done are open still, so I imagine she hid in there. She came to my window last night, so I knew she was okay. Honestly if we had more room I would try and take her in but with 5 animals now in this tiny place, I don't think it's possible, I have nowhere to keep her safe from the others (I had a spare room in Vegas where I always had new pets, till everyone go to know each other) We may crack the garage so she can stay in there. I can fix a bed up for her etc.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning all, got through the storm okay. Others not too far were not so lucky. We do have one hell of a mess outside where they are still doing the construction in this neighborhood. Quite a bit of flooding too. This is out my back window and back door.

View attachment 199041

View attachment 199042

I feel for the workers that are going to have to try and clean this crap up. The little kitty that has been hanging around outside did okay too. I have food for her under the big moving trailer we have in the driveway and the houses that are not done are open still, so I imagine she hid in there. She came to my window last night, so I knew she was okay. Honestly if we had more room I would try and take her in but with 5 animals now in this tiny place, I don't think it's possible, I have nowhere to keep her safe from the others (I had a spare room in Vegas where I always had new pets, till everyone go to know each other) We may crack the garage so she can stay in there. I can fix a bed up for her etc.
Glad you didn't wind up in Kansas....
1667696174351.png

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Deb, you stay safe with all that crap going on.

I just picked up the pup. He is hyper as ever, and wants to go play outside. Vets orders are that he can't have anything to eat or drink until tomorrow. Since he eats trees and bushes, I can't let him out. That means I had to put the cover over the doggy door. Inside food and water are taken away. Oh...and he hates his cone of shame to keep him from getting at his stitches where his balls used to be.

View attachment 199016
No food No water Cone of shame..
 and the loss of balls....
Really, really, really bad day. 😢

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No food No water Cone of shame..
 and the loss of balls....
Really, really, really bad day. 😢
He is eating and drinking again, and getting a pain pill each day while they last. He is a mix of two high energy breeds, and gets very aggressive out in the yard. I would hate to have to go catch him if he escaped to go breed. That, and there are zero no-kill shelters close-by. Basically, getting him neutered saves his life.

He may be just a 25 pound dog, but is one crazy bastard outdoors... crazy enough to make a great guard dog.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He is eating and drinking again, and getting a pain pill each day while they last. He is a mix of two high energy breeds, and gets very aggressive out in the yard. I would hate to have to go catch him if he escaped to go breed. That, and there are zero no-kill shelters close-by. Basically, getting him neutered saves his life.

He may be just a 25 pound dog, but is one crazy bastard outdoors... crazy enough to make a great guard dog.
Probably best to curb his enthusiasm a bit, lol. Glad he's better but from one dog to another...still the worst day... ever.
My guard dog is a rescue mix, German Pincher or Doberman Shepard.
She patrols 3000 feet of fence and gates so these other worthless beasts can do what they do best.....nothing..
2022-06-05_12-40-01_064.jpg
PXL_20220430_030406131.jpg

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Deb, I'm so glad you are ok. Thanks for the update, and the pics.

So, Had my left eye done on Thursday, still going to take a bit for the lens to set in. Still gets blurry off and on. But oh my, the colors! So bright and pretty. I didn't realize that they had dimmed so much. Jessie still doesn't like it when I have to tape on the eye shield at bed time, lol. I should try to take a pic of her expressions.

Ok, time to get off of here, still limited on screen time.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:
:inlove:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2903a9f2b7426aaacfcaea19fffde713.jpg

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Deb, I'm so glad you are ok. Thanks for the update, and the pics.

So, Had my left eye done on Thursday, still going to take a bit for the lens to set in. Still gets blurry off and on. But oh my, the colors! So bright and pretty. I didn't realize that they had dimmed so much. Jessie still doesn't like it when I have to tape on the eye shield at bed time, lol. I should try to take a pic of her expressions.

Ok, time to get off of here, still limited on screen time.

How is the blurriness....getting better?
Sure do hope so :hug:

One of these days....I hope you'll post a pic of your fur baby Jessie
eb54a14804c3273873578c01c35ff136.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What in the world, @DogMan!?! My ex daughter in law sent me a picture of a rainbow like that from Miami last week. A double rainbow, she called it. I'd never seen one in my life until then, and now, here's another! Really nice pics, thanks!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What in the world, @DogMan!?! My ex daughter in law sent me a picture of a rainbow like that from Miami last week. A double rainbow, she called it. I'd never seen one in my life until then, and now, here's another! Really nice pics, thanks!
The second is always upside down. Then a 3rd is normal sequence of colours

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I'm all snuggled up in my recliner, high of 37* today! Saturday is supposed to snow. I do not like the cold, at all. If this keeps up I'll be sending my son-in-law to pick up my groceries, lol. Jessie is curled up in her sherpa-lined cat bed. She also has a sherpa covered small table by the window, so she can watch the birds and the people walking by. I doubt she will be doing her rounds on the deck! I have a pot of soup simmering on the stove, going to make dumplings later. My eyes are healing up pretty well!

:hug:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a cool cloudy day here with high humidity. I decided it was a good day to smoke a turkey. I can just reheat it tomorrow before taking over to my sister's house for the family get-together. This way, I'm not smoking it tomorrow and going to her house smelling like smoke.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I hope you all have a warm and fun Thanksgiving! It's supposed to snow here, starting tonight until Saturday, wow. I'm crossing my fingers that the forecasts are wrong. We moved down here from Seattle almost 30 years ago to get away from this cold and freezing stuff. Jessie and I are prepared, though, as much as we can.

gobble.jpg

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Just stopped in to say hi. Weather here is nuts, up & down, all over the place. Jessie and I have our sherpa throws handy at all times, lol. I think I'll make a pot of potatoe soup today. Bacon, cheddar, cream, a bit of butter.

My eyes are pretty much healed up, doing great. New glasses might get here today, too. Ordered from ZenniOptical. My brother always gets his there, says they are the same as the store bought, just a lot cheaper. I'll let you know!

Stay safe and healthy, and warm :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Just stopped in to say hi. Weather here is nuts, up & down, all over the place. Jessie and I have our sherpa throws handy at all times, lol. I think I'll make a pot of potatoe soup today. Bacon, cheddar, cream, a bit of butter.

My eyes are pretty much healed up, doing great. New glasses might get here today, too. Ordered from ZenniOptical. My brother always gets his there, says they are the same as the store bought, just a lot cheaper. I'll let you know!

Potato soup, oh yum!!!

I have a bunch of glasses from Zenni. If your prescription isn't too complicated, they'll be fine. Lately I've had a little better luck with Eye Buy Direct, for progressive lenses with whatever changes they make to correct astigmatism.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Hey, it's been a week with no posts, jeez. You guys all hibernating?

Let's see - the soup turned out great! Very yummy. Got my new glasses, even got them adjusted ok. What a money saver, wow! The weather is still wonky. I really dislike the cold.

I'm going to get brave and try to work on my coils, I have a bunch to rebuild. Little CLR coils, so we'll find out if I can see them!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Hey, it's been a week with no posts, jeez. You guys all hibernating?

Let's see - the soup turned out great! Very yummy. Got my new glasses, even got them adjusted ok. What a money saver, wow! The weather is still wonky. I really dislike the cold.

I'm going to get brave and try to work on my coils, I have a bunch to rebuild. Little CLR coils, so we'll find out if I can see them!

I've tried my best to hibernate but the world just doesn't cooperate with me.

Wish I had some homemade soup! Bean with ham is a favorite.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Soup does taste good, that potato soup that @misswish was talkin about makes me hungry everytime I read it. Gonna haveta have tader soup tonight. ;) I have too many favorite soups to be able to choose just one:facepalm: but if I had to choose it would probably be cream of asparagus.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I finally decided to so something useful, instead of just staying bundled up in the recliner. Got the bright idea to go through the filing cabinet and clean out all the outdated stuff. So much stuff! Manuals from long gone stuff, old utility bills that are all online now, etc. I have a large stack of stuff to shred, going to take a lot of time.
Feels good to accomplish something. As a reward I'm going to make brownies with walnuts and bananas!

Stay safe and healthy, and warm :hug::inlove:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to stay warm here. I'm used to Temps over 100°, and it is currently 11° and dropping. Today's high was 17° of fucking cold air with a wind chill of -12°.

At least this time they didn't use their "polar vortex" buzzword spin bullshit, and just called it an Arctic front.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm trying to stay warm here. I'm used to Temps over 100°, and it is currently 11° and dropping. Today's high was 17° of fucking cold air with a wind chill of -12°.

At least this time they didn't use their "polar vortex" buzzword spin bullshit, and just called it an Arctic front.

We have that happening, too. The wind is roaring outside and it's supposed to be something like 12 degrees by mid-day. Hubbs is outside checking the generator, because we're all but sure that the power will go off. It always does, when we have strong winds.

Here this weather front is being called a "Siberian air mass.". Well, Siberia can keep this shit, if you ask me.

VU Sponsors