Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude, there was a period of time where I did not get any NetFlix shipments, at all, for three months, just the replacements. I thought NF would drop me. I complained to them, my local USPS, and the USPS main itself. Two days later I received stickers saying that the box was monitored. Two weeks later and my postman was replaced, never to be seen again. Haven't had any problems with NF since. You do the math. I am SO grateful my postman doesn't vape.
Oh I got no doubt some fucker stole my SS claptons. Up until then I literally got hundreds of packages without a problem. Some hipster fucking mailman saw the label and snagged my shit. Lmfao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since it's quiet and I'm taking a break after finishing a home repair project... after reading about the big splash the IPV6X made (as in backflop) with the reverse polarity snafu... and yeah, some people aren't concerned as "just put your batts in right" (but my concern is the sloppiness in QC).... coupled with my growing affinity for the VT133/DNA chip.... methinks I will pass on the IPV6X and just wait for the Therion and maybe get two of those instead, if I like them. I really don't think I can go back to a Chinese mod after using the VT133 just b/c they're so cheap looking/feeling compared to the VT133. However I must qualify that by pointing out I don't have to take mods mobile. If I did, I might like a small cheap mod to take out... like the IPV6X.

But since all my vaping is at home, I believe the VT133 and Therion 133 will be my mods of choice until something comes out I like as much or more.

Don't forget about this sexy DNA Mod:cheers: The Therion 133 is officially off my list:p

http://vapenw.com/efusion-duo-dna133-200-mod-by-lost-vape

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm still going to buy the Ipv6x but only if they fix the issue. Hey, at least they're doing a recall unlike Sig. I also, through personal experience have learned not to buy a first run of anything P4U. I am in no way giving them pass on this. I just learned my lesson with them

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still going to buy the Ipv6x but only if they fix the issue. Hey, at least they're doing a recall unlike Sig. I also, through personal experience have learned not to buy a first run of anything P4U. I am in no way giving them pass on this. I just learned my lesson with them

Since it's a voluntary recall and the customer has to pay postage both ways to have it fixed.... Are they pulling all unsold models off the shelf and re-releasing the mods when they are fixed? Or are they going to just keep selling them as is and fixing them if someone finds out about it and complains?

If they do the second, no respect will have been gained by me. So far there still isn't any recall I see of the 400 and it does the same thing. They released a flawed mod in the 400. Instead of fixing the problem, they released the 6 with the same problem. Does that remind you of anyone?

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yup... arrived in the Czech R on 8/25. I keep hoping they've moved on and tracking just hasn't been updated yet, but why does it take 2 weeks to update.... it's like they're on the slow boat from China. Literally.

Mine left China on 8-9....went to Hong Kong and sat there for two days......went to Frankfurt and was sorted on 8-16....went to CR on 8-17 and has been sitting there ever since. Maybe it's lost or stolen.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine left China on 8-9....went to Hong Kong and sat there for two days......went to Frankfurt and was sorted on 8-16....went to CR on 8-17 and has been sitting there ever since. Maybe it's lost or stolen.
Try your tracking number in USPS tracking. Mine show up there now.

Cheers,
Steve.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since it's a voluntary recall and the customer has to pay postage to have it fixed.... Are they pulling all unsold models off the shelf and re-releasing the mods when they are fixed? Or are they going to just keep selling them as is and fixing them if someone finds out about it and complains?

If they do the second, no respect will have been gained by me. So far there still isn't any recall I see of the 400 and it does the same thing. They released a flawed mod in the 400. Instead of fixing the problem, they released the 6 with the same problem. Does that remind you of anyone?

Cheers,
Steve
I agree with every point you make. The only difference being Sig never ever even admitted there was a problem. That's a big difference in my book. Like I said I'm not saying what they did was right. I'm just saying if the problem does indeed get fixed then I'm a buyer. If not I'll just buy something else. I got no dog in this fight and no fanatic loyalty to any one company. I'm not one of those guys that gets hooked on one type of mod, chip, board or manufacturer. I like to expand my horizons. So far my favorite boards are Evolv, FSK, and Yihi. That could change but so far that's what I personally like.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with every point you make. The only difference being Sig never ever even admitted there was a problem. That's a big difference in my book. Like I said I'm not saying what they did was right. I'm just saying if the problem does indeed get fixed then I'm a buyer. If not I'll just buy something else. I got no dog in this fight and no fanatic loyalty to any one company. I'm not one of those guys that gets hooked on one type of mod, chip, board or manufacturer. I like to expand my horizons. So far my favorite boards are Evolv, FSK, and Yihi. That could change but so far that's what I personally like.

I think Yihi makes good boards (there better ones - they make a whole range though - I don't lump all their boards in one category - the 350J V1 and 2 are good boards imo, the 450J is supposed to be good as well).

That being said, I'm not a fan of P4Y. Every since they refused to update the IPV3 Li with SS TC they fell off my radar. It wasn't just the fact that they didn't update it after selling it as an updatable mod. The thing that really pissed me off was I emailed them more than once asking them if they were going to update it and if not, why not? They never even bothered to reply. If a company can't be bothered to reply to their customers. I can't be bothered to buy any more of their products. No CS = No Sale for me!

PS The IPV3 Li wasn't a cheap mod either. They just left us out in the cold, trying to force us to buy the 5. It backfired in my case. I decided to buy a DNA200. The rest is history.

Cheers,
Steve

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since it's a voluntary recall and the customer has to pay postage both ways to have it fixed....

That really sucks. Too bad they couldn't fix it with a firmware upgrade. Yes, at least they admit there was a problem [unlike another company we know]... but they admit it then screw the customer anyway by making them pay shipping both ways. So now the buyer is out that money AND w/o their mod for who knows how long... and how many will get lost en route leading to more hassle and problems... (rhetorical).

P4U has never been known for its customer service, much as I like my IPV4S.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think Yihi makes good boards (there better ones - they make a whole range though - I don't lump all their boards in one category - the 350J V1 and 2 are good boards imo, the 450J is supposed to be good as well).

That being said, I'm not a fan of P4Y. Every since they refused to update the IPV3 Li with SS TC they fell off my radar. It wasn't just the fact that they didn't update it after selling it as an updatable mod. The thing that really pissed me off was I emailed them more than once asking them if they were going to update it and if not, why not? They never even bothered to reply. If a company can't be bothered to reply to their customers. I can't be bothered to buy any more of their products. No CS = No Sale for me!

PS The IPV3 Li wasn't a cheap mod either. They just left us out in the cold, trying to force us to buy the 5. It backfired in my case. I decided to buy a DNA200. The rest is history.

Cheers,
Steve
I absolutely 100% agree. P4U is not what you would call an exemplary company. However, they really are the only ones that make the Yihi chip in an affordable package and I do like that board. The SX model's are just to rich for my blood and the same thing goes for the 3D printed Boxer mods. I like them but the value just isn't there for me. One of my all time favorite mods was my SX mini. It's built like a tank. I just have no use for a single 18650 mod. So I give them a little leeway because they use a great board unlike the 213.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haters will hate:giggle: Evolv's DNA200 chip. Users can enjoy the full 200 watts with a 3S LiPo battery installed or 133 watts with two 18650 batteries installed (18650 sold separately). :cheers:
How do you plan on using it (3s Lipo or dual 18650)? I like the concept. The only thing that has so far stopped me from buying it is the panels/stickers aren't really reusable. I wish the different finishes could be changed without destroying them. Maybe have different panels for each one (only one side is removable though) or a way to snap them on.

I'm not hating on it at all. I was thinking about it myself, decided to get the VF instead. For some the VF being only 22.5mm wide would stop them. No mod is perfect (well maybe the VT133 :D). It just comes down to which one checks the most boxes for the person who is buying it. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you plan on using it (3s Lipo or dual 18650)? I like the concept. The only thing that has so far stopped me from buying it is the panels/stickers aren't really reusable. I wish the different finishes could be changed without destroying them. Maybe have different panels for each one (only one side is removable though) or a way to snap them on.

I'm not hating on it at all. I was thinking about it myself, decided to get the VF instead. For some the VF being only 22.5mm wide would stop them. No mod is perfect (well maybe the VT133 :D). It just comes down to which one checks the most boxes for the person who is buying it. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

I will be running them with the 3s Lipo 1300 mah batteries that are supplied for a true dna 200 mod. The supplied 18650 sled(133w) is a nice touch :p
I don't think i will removing the supplied Black carbon side panels anytime soon:cheers: Now if the Abalone Panel Box covers are nice, that all may change :giggle: I got them yesterday for 128.00 :cheers:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm embarrassed to say, this morning for the first time since owning my VT133's I inserted one of the batteries incorrectly :facepalm:. I'm happy to report the reverse polarity protection works like a charm.

It was 5:30 AM. I was running late. I realized at the last minute I hadn't changed my batteries yet. It was dark in the room, I changed them, hit the fire button and nothing. Flipped the lights on and saw they were both positive up. I can't believe I did that. I've changed batteries 100's of times and I've never done that before.

I'm just mentioning it because if you think it can't happen to you, it can. I'm also mentioning it because it's the first time I've tested the reverse polarity protection. I'm happy to report it works great. Thumbs up to Hcigar for using the daughter board. :slowclap:

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I need to get back in the Vape world knowledge and read about this P4Y crap. Not even knowing what they did, I'm not surprised. I'm no fanatic for any company, hell, I love my VT133's and DNA 200's, and I'm playing with two Hohm Wrecker G2's, and an able mod for the past few days. So I have no hatred towards them though they did piss me off with the iPV4 and the Li's lack of upgrade. To the point, if they fucked something up, and the mention of polarity makes me guess batteries, big surprise. I have an IPV4 that's been collecting dust almost since I bought it. The whole issue of the balance board potentially shorting out on the frame made me put it down. I moved on after I got the Li since the PWM TC just isn't my thing.

Oh, and @Wingsfan0310 , I did you one better... I got my new G2's yesterday and put my batteries both facing down the first swap on one of them. I confirm the reverse polarity works... It was a scientific experiment, right?...

And I know you are obviously a Michigan fan. I'm a bleed black and gold Colorado Buffs fan. We'll be seeing you all in the big house in two weeks... I'm kinda worried, but don't sleep on us. Things are finally turning around after a decade of shit. Don't know if you caught the CSU game on ESPN Friday night, but we demoralized Colorado State. We haven't put a performance like that out in a long time. People forget we used to be a damn good team. Anyway, not making a proclamation, but again I'll say don't sleep on us. Another miracle in Michigan? Would be poetic. Our QB won PAC-12 offensive player of the week Monday. With Christian Mccaffrey at Stanford, not too shabby.

/college football thread derail, initiate reading about P4Y.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to get back in the Vape world knowledge and read about this P4Y crap. Not even knowing what they did, I'm not surprised. I'm no fanatic for any company, hell, I love my VT133's and DNA 200's, and I'm playing with two Hohm Wrecker G2's, and an able mod for the past few days. So I have no hatred towards them though they did piss me off with the iPV4 and the Li's lack of upgrade. To the point, if they fucked something up, and the mention of polarity makes me guess batteries, big surprise. I have an IPV4 that's been collecting dust almost since I bought it. The whole issue of the balance board potentially shorting out on the frame made me put it down. I moved on after I got the Li since the PWM TC just isn't my thing.

Oh, and @Wingsfan0310 , I did you one better... I got my new G2's yesterday and put my batteries both facing down the first swap on one of them. I confirm the reverse polarity works... It was a scientific experiment, right?...

And I know you are obviously a Michigan fan. I'm a bleed black and gold Colorado Buffs fan. We'll be seeing you all in the big house in two weeks... I'm kinda worried, but don't sleep on us. Things are finally turning around after a decade of shit. Don't know if you caught the CSU game on ESPN Friday night, but we demoralized Colorado State. We haven't put a performance like that out in a long time. People forget we used to be a damn good team. Anyway, not making a proclamation, but again I'll say don't sleep on us. Another miracle in Michigan? Would be poetic. Our QB won PAC-12 offensive player of the week Monday. With Christian Mccaffrey at Stanford, not too shabby.

/college football thread derail, initiate reading about P4Y.
I know anything can happen, that's why they play the game. That being said, Michigan is loaded this year. There will be 110,000+ at the Big House waiting for you guys. :D

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have learned not to buy anything without the official 'Steve Stamp of Value'.
He does know his DNA 200 shit, lol. My VT133's have been a tad finicky lately. TC just has so many variables that, as it functions currently, there are always gonna be issues.

I just watched that P4Y video, auto firing, at least I suppose you'd notice? Lol. Pretty pitiful, and a bad look right now for the industry and safety. Though the FDA would prohibit them from fixing it. Can't even make changes for safety reasons.

You know your left tackle Nate Solder for your Pats is a Buff... @ShowerHead ... Ok, I'm just pumped for college football, I need to end this.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I know anything can happen, that's why they play the game. That being said, Michigan is loaded this year. There will be 110,000+ at the Big House waiting for you guys. :D

Cheers,
Steve
Oh I know, it could be bad. We just are finally turning the corner and have depth, athletes that belong in the PAC-12, and some real talent. Our defense looked scary, watch out for Chidobe Awuzie in the secondary. He'll be playing on Sunday's. As you said, anything can happen. That's why I love college ball.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm embarrassed to say, I can't believe I did that. I've changed batteries 100's of times and I've never done that before.

Oh Dear Steve, you don't need to embarrass please .... We all do this kind of mistake:facepalm:. We still respect you and your knowledge :popcorn:

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
Oh I know, it could be bad. We just are finally turning the corner and have depth, athletes that belong in the PAC-12, and some real talent. Our defense looked scary, watch out for Chidobe Awuzie in the secondary. He'll be playing on Sunday's. As you said, anything can happen. That's why I love college ball.

It will be interesting. Hard to judge CU given the game against CSU -- CSU just played like SH*T. But do agree that Awuzie is one to watch here. Just not sure they'll have the offensive power to go up against the Wolverine D. Key though is Michigan cannot look past this game, because anything can happen. I'm not too worried, but you never know given past games between the two. I'll be keeping an eye on the Buffaloes this weekend against Potato State.

GO BLUE!!

(note: both a UofM grad and a CU grad, and live in Colorado. But no question on where my allegiance lies)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, the QB is Garoppolo :)

Love/hate with Brady here as a Michigan (and Broncos) fan too. While a Michigan guy, not sure he is a "Michigan Man". But being under the "Belichick" influence can really ruin a guy :).
I think there is a slight possibility he will get his starting job back after the 4 games :giggle::teehee:. Did you see him at the freshman signing extravaganza? There is no way you can say he's not a Michigan man. I watched the whole thing. The Nature boy brought the house down. That was very innovative. You know almost everyone is going to copy it next year :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It will be interesting. Hard to judge CU given the game against CSU -- CSU just played like SH*T. But do agree that Awuzie is one to watch here. Just not sure they'll have the offensive power to go up against the Wolverine D. Key though is Michigan cannot look past this game, because anything can happen. I'm not too worried, but you never know given past games between the two. I'll be keeping an eye on the Buffaloes this weekend against Potato State.

GO BLUE!!

(note: both a UofM grad and a CU grad, and live in Colorado. But no question on where my allegiance lies)
Hey there fellow Coloradan, and I'm a quasi CU alum. Dropped out after 5 semesters... I support them to the end, so I consider myself alumni, and my sister is. I spent high school years driving to boulder to party with my sister and go to games.

CSU did play like shit, but the score was 24-0 with us having 250 some yards and CSU having around 10 in the first. It was the biggest margin of victory since 1956 in a series going back to 1893. This is important to note, since it's ALWAYS a competitive game, even back in 2001 when we got fucked out of a trip to the national title game, and went to the Fiesta Bowl, the CSU game was close. We absolutely demoralized them on both ends this year.

Sefo needs to learn to slide, but he's healthy for once, has skill position players he can count on that are athletic. Hes used to doing too much to make up for the lack of talent around him. He's a good QB, just been hurt and not enough talent around him. He sprained the cv joint last year in his throwing shoulder in the CSU game and couldn't throw in practice a lot, but he was out there each game until the lisfranc fracture against USC. The kids a fucking tough ass dude, to his own detriment at times. I just don't think he's had enough around him to show what he's capable of. We've had at least one great receiver all three years he's started, now we have a stable. Nelson Spruce is hard to replace, as was Paul Richardson, but we have numbers.

This weekend will be telling. We need to come out and do the same or worse to Potato State, lol. And yes, Awuzie is a stud. Mack Brown was gushing over him the whole broadcast. He's so good they move him around constantly and it fucked up CSU. He can play anywhere in the secondary, and always seems to wind up in the play.

Thread jacked again, lol. I just feel that there is actually a lot of positives to be excited for again. Our new facilities are gorgeous and ranked in the top 15, and our recruiting class for 2017 is already damn good. Being a Buff, I presume you know the good times, but you also likely know how rough it's been since Barnett stuck his foot in his mouth and got fired. Painful is the way to describe being a fan since then.

I hope we come out and fuck Michigan up. I actually like Harbaugh and Michigan, but I want to destroy you all in Ann Arbor. I can dream. And it could happen. You are wise to say they shouldn't look past us. We don't give up anymore. These kids have an attitude and don't hang there heads at adversity anymore. Things are brewing in Boulder.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For all you Lavaheads that missed the Labor Day sale. Ecig.com is carrying the 75 for $84.99, add the 10% discount and you're right at $76.50 and they have the blood red. This also qualifies you for free shipping.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weight reference. Same Supreme on both at weigh in. Both have the 2- 18650 30q's.View attachment 61024 View attachment 61025
I'm assuming the Duo is Aluminum Alloy. It definitely makes a difference in weight. It cost more too :D. What panels are you going to go with. Are you going to use the Abalone on them?

PS Be careful with 18650's because as far as I know the Duo doesn't use the daughter board for reverse polarity protection.

PSS I figured out why I put a battery in backwards the other morning. It was because I put one in the charger upside down (I pull them out and grab the two that are in the charger (I just popped them in the way they came out of the mod - I need to slow down and sleep more:(). Half way through the day I was getting weak battery. One was completely empty, the other ~3.8v. I knew I flipped it before I put it in. Still putting one in the charger upside down was just as dumb :facepalm:. I charged them the right way, used them and they came out withing a .01 of a volt of each other. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes they are Aluminum Alloy with Black Carbon fiber doors:D I marked the 18650 tray with a permanent marker, just to make sure(that's they way they came in the box).They also ship with all the covers, which i will never use. The lipos are going in both tomorrow, so no worries about reverse polarity protection. :cheers:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes they are Aluminum Alloy with Black Carbon fiber doors:D I marked the 18650 tray with a permanent marker, just to make sure(that's they way they came in the box).They also ship with all the covers, which i will never use. The lipos are going in both tomorrow, so no worries about reverse polarity protection. :cheers:
Oh Man, I like the Abalone. Aren't you going to put it on at least one of them? Without seeing them, I think it would look better on the Blue.

I wasn't dissing the mod. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the fact of being careful inserting 18650's especially after my bonehead move the other day:facepalm:. I used my DX200 hundreds of times with the dual 18650 battery compartment without issue. I was just really careful when switching batteries - didn't do it in a darkroom when I was still half asleep either :giggle:
:cheers:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh Man, I like the Abalone. Aren't you going to put it on at least one of them? Without seeing them, I think it would look better on the Blue.

I wasn't dissing the mod. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the fact of being careful inserting 18650's especially after my bonehead move the other day:facepalm:. I used my DX200 hundreds of times with the dual 18650 battery compartment without issue. I was just really careful when switching batteries - didn't do it in a darkroom when I was still half asleep either :giggle:
:cheers:

I am going to get the Silver Duo and set it up with the Abalone. None of them will be used as 133w mods. I purchased them to be true dna200 mods. That's like buying a Z06 Corvette and running 86 octane:giggle: No disrespect to the VT133, but they aren't in them same class imho. They are LB quality and just as sexy :cheers: Turn the damn lights on Steve:giggle::p:teehee:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just a quick observation. VT133 is set for reduced screen time and brightness (and also not to light up when firing) to save a little battery power, which didn't seem to make a big diff but doesn't hurt.

However, the other night was reading a tablet in the dark and vaping and the LED screen was distracting, so set to stealth. Next day, realized I kinda liked it in stealth since I don't need to be looking at the screen anyway, at least until I think the batts might be getting low. So left it in stealth all day and got an unexpectedly significant payoff in extra battery time. Batteries were fresh in a.m. and normally would be ready for recharge in early evening (5pm or so), but lasted though to bedtime and had a tad left next morning when I put them on the charger. Was quite surprised at the diff. I wouldn't have been at a small bump but I wanna say this was more like 20% more time.

Unless I am trying a new tank, uncustomary build, or have another reason to be looking at the screen, I believe I will be using it in stealth from now on. Not just for the extra juice but it's kinda nice to not be compelled to look at the LCD after every pull. :D YMMV.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just home a little while ago and had a nice surprise waiting for me, my new VF. The packaging is really quite nice. A black bubble wrap mailer with a round hard plastic case. Definitely different than anything I've seen on a mod. Here's a not so great quick picture I took: :cheers:

img_20160909_175641-jpg.61119

Here's a couple of more pictures with the Aromamizer Supreme Lite on it. It's a 23mm RDTA and a few people, including me were wondering how the Lite would look on the VF. :D

Without Flash
img_20160909_210757-jpg.61140

With Flash. A better angle to show it looks pretty good with the Lite
img_20160909_210834-jpg.61141

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

VU Sponsors