Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Hi Jimi,

Did you miss the chance to join the Conquering Chronic Inflammation Summit?

We have great news for you! Due to overwhelming demand, we’re excited to announce an Encore Weekend where you can catch all the incredible sessions once more.

>>Join the Encore Weekend before it’s too late

During the summit, thousands discovered groundbreaking strategies to manage chronic inflammation, enhance their health, and reclaim their vitality. Here’s another opportunity for you to do the same.

Get ready to unlock:

• Exclusive Access: Relive the most talked-about presentations and panel discussions.
  • Expert Strategies: Learn from leading health experts, including host Dr. David Jockers, about natural and effective ways to combat chronic inflammation.
  • Practical Tips: Implement actionable advice right away and start seeing improvements in your overall wellness.
Don’t let this second chance slip by! The journey to a healthier you is just a click away. Whether you’re looking to refine your health routine or start a new chapter fr-ee from chronic inflammation, this encore event is your gateway.

>>Register now for the FR-EE Encore Weekend

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Your DrTalks Family

P.S. This is your last chance to experience the transformative sessions from the Conquering Chronic Inflammation Summit. Join us for the encore presentations and start living your best life today<<

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Hi Jimi,

Did you miss the chance to join the Conquering Chronic Inflammation Summit?

We have great news for you! Due to overwhelming demand, we’re excited to announce an Encore Weekend where you can catch all the incredible sessions once more.

>>Join the Encore Weekend before it’s too late

During the summit, thousands discovered groundbreaking strategies to manage chronic inflammation, enhance their health, and reclaim their vitality. Here’s another opportunity for you to do the same.

Get ready to unlock:

• Exclusive Access: Relive the most talked-about presentations and panel discussions.
  • Expert Strategies: Learn from leading health experts, including host Dr. David Jockers, about natural and effective ways to combat chronic inflammation.
  • Practical Tips: Implement actionable advice right away and start seeing improvements in your overall wellness.
Don’t let this second chance slip by! The journey to a healthier you is just a click away. Whether you’re looking to refine your health routine or start a new chapter fr-ee from chronic inflammation, this encore event is your gateway.

>>Register now for the FR-EE Encore Weekend

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Your DrTalks Family

P.S. This is your last chance to experience the transformative sessions from the Conquering Chronic Inflammation Summit. Join us for the encore presentations and start living your best life today<<

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

mail

New 5 Minute Read:
5 Foods to Eat to Help Manage Your Cholesterol

If you're looking at improving your heart health and reduce the risk of heart disease, then it's crucial to incorporate foods that can help cholesterol levels. Check out our latest article for the top 5 foods we recommend you add into your diet today to have a healthy heart!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Latest Podcast:
From Ghee to Digestive Health: Ayurvedic Insights

Join Laurentine and Myra Lewin as they dive into all things Ayurveda. Plus, we asked Myra some rapid fire questions, like her go-to breakfast, top supplement, what her favorite food to use as medicine is, and more!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

mail

Trending Recipe:
Blueberry Baked Oats

This recipe is going to help make your mornings a little less chaotic and a lot more delicious. These baked oats are the perfect recipe to pull out as a snack or healthy breakfast. We love a drizzle of coconut or Greek yogurt on top!
CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

It seems Mr. Roguski misinformed us last night. The "Silence Procedure" was merely an embargo until today of the newest, 3d draft of the "Declaration on Future Generations" to be rolled out next month​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Breath Quote I'm Pondering...

“Breathing in, I calm my body. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment, I know this is a wonderful moment.”

– Thich Nhat Hanh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life, 1990

Breathing Exercises Of The Week

This week’s exercise is a beautifully filmed breath awareness session, filmed in my local forest. I’m trying out a new style, and I’d love your feedback! This 7-minute exercise is all about tuning back into your body. If you enjoy it, please leave a comment on the YouTube video—it means a lot! Here’s the link.

Study I've Been Reading This Week:

This week, I found a fascinating article from Harvard on the power of breath awareness. They wrote "Simply observing the breath can damp down stress and open a door to a more healthy and mindful lifestyle." Click here for the full article...

Podcast of the Week

I’m excited to share my latest podcast episode with Dr. Mark Allen, our first-ever neuroscience-focused guest. We dive into how neuroscience intersects with breathwork, discussing everything from concussions to CO2 in the brain and nervous system regulation. Check it out here.

Breath Tip Of The Week

This week's breath tip is all about setting the stage for effective breath awareness. Start by finding a comfortable seated position with your feet flat on the floor and your toes pointed slightly inward. Focus on softening your belly and relaxing your jaw, maybe even start with a gentle yawn to release tension. Ensure your shoulders and neck are relaxed as well. Taking these few moments to settle into a comfortable posture can make a world of difference in your breath awareness practice.

Wildcard; Deepen Your Breath Awareness

As some of you know, I’m a certified Vivation Conscious Connected Breath instructor, and this modality is an incredible way to get out of your head and into your body. This week, I’m sharing a slightly more advanced breath awareness exercise that was taught to me by the director of Vivation. It’s a five-minute guided session available on YouTube. Here’s the link—I’d love to hear what you think!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hey Jimi,
Do you have a sweet tooth and love desserts but feel guilty anytime you indulge?
Well, guess what!?
Now you can have your dessert, and it's actually good for you, made with 100% whole-food plant-based ingredients!
Because Chef AJ has a new whole food plant-based dessert cookbook coming out called, Sweet Indulgence.
OMG, it's AMAZING!
Recently, Chef AJ got together and cooked 2 of the recipes in her new cookbook - decadent brownies & bite-size thumbprint cookies!
Check out our episode of Cooking with Friends: Delicious Vegan Desserts with Simply Plant Based Kitchen!
If you pre-order her new cookbook by August 27th, you get an exclusive book bonus package valued at $1,000! (Be sure to save your receipt!)
Happy cooking!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today, I want to have a candid conversation about something that's probably a staple in your diet: sugar. Let’s discuss how sugar impacts your body and why it might be causing those relentless cravings.

Sugar and Your Body: The Hidden Effects

We all love the occasional sweet treat, but what happens when sugar becomes a regular part of our diet? Here's a breakdown of how sugar negatively impacts your health:

Weight Gain and Obesity: Excessive sugar intake is directly linked to weight gain. It's packed with empty calories that don't provide any nutritional benefits, leading to an increase in body fat.

Heart Disease: High sugar consumption increases your risk of heart disease. It raises your blood pressure, promotes inflammation, and contributes to obesity, all of which strain your heart.

Type 2 Diabetes: Consistently high sugar levels can lead to insulin resistance, which is a precursor to type 2 diabetes. Over time, your body struggles to manage blood sugar levels, leading to serious health complications.

Tooth Decay: Sugar is a leading cause of cavities. It feeds the harmful bacteria in your mouth, producing acids that erode tooth enamel and cause decay.

Gut Bacteria and Sugar: A Vicious Cycle

Here's where it gets interesting—and concerning. The bacteria in your gut play a significant role in your overall health, and they love sugar. When you consume sugar, it feeds these bacteria, leading to an overgrowth of harmful types. This imbalance in your gut microbiome can cause several issues such as:

• Increased Cravings: The more you feed these sugar-loving bacteria, the more they grow and demand sugar. This creates a vicious cycle of cravings that's hard to break.
  • Digestive Problems: An imbalance in gut bacteria can lead to digestive issues like bloating, gas, and even conditions like IBS.
  • Mood Swings: Gut health is closely linked to mental health. An overgrowth of harmful bacteria can affect your mood, leading to irritability and anxiety.
Breaking the Cycle

Understanding the science behind sugar cravings is the first step to breaking the cycle. The good news is, you can take control of your health and reduce these cravings by following a targeted protocol.

Don't let sugar control your life. Join this 3-Day Protocol today and take back control!

Click here to get started.

Remember, it's never too late to make positive changes to your health. Your body and mind will thank you!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My second interview on the Stop Cancer Docu-Class is airing today!

In this interview, I dive into the relation between Gluten and Cancer:

• Do you have the 'gluten gene?' Find out why this is important to avoid immune system problems.
  • "Gluten Free" Food LIES: I reveal which foods claim to be gluten free, but they are NOT.
  • Find out how to avoid destructive foods and get Dr. Osborne's list of the best foods to help detoxify the body.

To watch the interview, [click here].

Also, here's another free guide—the Stop Skin Care Naturally.

👉 [Get your copy here]

Looking forward to seeing you today.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried our leading supplement formula to help you improve your blood sugar levels?

I know there are dozens of "blood sugar supplements" on the market, and I'm pretty sure that I've seen them all. Most of them are either too simplistic or use "proprietary blends" of ingredients without disclosing how much of each ingredient is actually in the product.

If you haven't seen it yet, I recorded a video for you that explains WHY I created SweetLife Glucose Essentials and how the synergistic nutrients work together to help blood sugar, increase insulin sensitivity, and improve metabolic health.

I'll also share the #1 thing to avoid in over the counter products that you can get on Amazon, Walmart, or your local vitamin store, and a tell-tale way to know that a supplement is not with the bottle it's in.

Check out the video by clicking the image below:

It's hard to find products that actually work with high quality ingredients from reputable sources. Believe me, it took me years to find the right company and work to put together the most optimal blood sugar support product available.

When you're designing a supplement that works, It's not just about the ingredients. It's how using the best quality (with the most potent profile), in the right amounts, and understanding how they work synergistically to achieve better results.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
Whether you like it or not, chances are that you’re going to be exposed to toxic substances. These can come from many sources, including exposure to environmental toxins such as lead, mercury and other chemicals that are dumped into our environment daily as well as health-threatening chemicals found in processed foods.
Did you know that you can actually purge toxins from your liver and boost your immune system without having to succumb to an enema or go without food for a week?
Before we start, let’s be clear, these are not quick fixes, or ways to lose 15 pounds fast. Time is a requirement for safe weight loss.
We get a lot of questions about detoxes so we wanted to answer some frequently asked ones. Below are some safe, and effective ways to “detox” your body naturally and without the use of any additional supplements, powders, teas, etc.

Fast Fasting

Before you keep scrolling, take a breath and read on. Fasting is not as intimidating as it may sound. It doesn’t mean you have to go into the desert and avoid all food and beverages. A simple 24-48-hour fast is a great way to eliminate toxins and impurities from your body. It may seem a little overwhelming at first glance, but with a little self-discipline, even the least adventurous detoxers can pull it off. You don’t even have to eliminate food altogether, though if you do, you must drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. You can also do a fruit fast, by eating only one type of fruit, such as apples or bananas, or a juice fast, for which you will drink only fresh fruit juice and water. See, it’s not that bad after all. What’s more, mini-fasting on a regular basis, may reduce your risk of diseases and increase longevity.

Bring on the Juice

To perform a successful juice fast or juice detox, you have to use freshly juiced fruits so that you get the maximum antioxidant boost. Choose your favorite combination of blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, strawberries, or lemons. These fruits score highest on the body cleansing chart. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also add powdered wheatgrass or blue-green algae to your juice to give it an extra detoxifying punch. A three-day juice detox diet has been shown to improve your intestinal microbiome.

Get Proactive Probiotics

Probiotics are a hot health topic these days. As a food, such as yogurt or kefir, or a daily supplement, they contain live bacteria – the kind that lives in your GI tract and helps to keep your digestive and immune systems healthy. If you’ve recently suffered an illness, taken antibiotics or your diet has been a little on the slack side (we’ve all been there!), you’re probably lacking some of these beneficial bacteria and need to repopulate your system. This is a great way to cleanse your colon.

Groovy Green Tea

You’ve probably heard that green tea is loaded with antioxidants, which destroy damaging free radicals in your body and help to reduce the risk of diseases. Well, there’s more. Because green tea helps your organs stay healthy in this way, it’s also a good way to detox your liver. Don’t overdo the green tea though or it can actually have damaging effects. It’s best to stick to three to five cups per day.
As always, beware of anything advertised as a “quick fix” and anything claiming that you just have to use “this one product!” as most of those advertisements are just that - advertisements.
If you’re looking to reboot your body, a detox can be just the ticket. But so can the flu. These methods are meant to be used in extreme cases - not as a go-to. Toxins exist, and these detoxes can fight them - but our bodies, when working efficiently, actually do fight them every day.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Jimi

Nearly 40% of cancer cases can be prevented.

And much of that prevention comes down to what we eat.

Which is why the world urgently needs more educators and nutrition coaches who understand the science behind food and health.

We mentioned this in yesterday’s email, but it’s worth repeating.

With so much conflicting information out there, people are struggling to make the right choices for their health.

They’re looking for guidance, for someone to help them navigate the sea of misinformation and find the truth that could save their lives.

So, our friends at Food Revolution Network are offering you a free Plant-Based Coaching Workshop that’s designed to equip you with the knowledge and tools to become that guiding light…

… the one who can help others prevent chronic diseases like cancer and live healthier, more fulfilling lives.

Learn more about the Plant-Based Coaching Workshop and how you can help others live healthier here.
Over three days, you’ll dive into the science of nutrition, learn proven coaching techniques, and discover how you can create a rewarding career while transforming lives.

Here’s what you’ll explore:

Day 1: The science behind life-extending foods and how they combat and prevent major health issues like cancer.
Day 2: The latest coaching methods to help people adopt and maintain healthier habits.
Day 3: How to turn your passion into a thriving, impactful career.
Each session is live, interactive, and packed with insights from top experts in the field.

Plus, if you can’t make it live, replays will be available so you won’t miss a thing.

Learn from the greats such as FRN co-founder Ocean Robbins, Tracy Garrigan, CHHC (founding director of the Plant-Based Coaching Certification), Howie Jacobson, PhD (co-founder and lead instructor for WellStart Health Coaching Academy), Michael Klaper, MD (physician and health educator), and Brenda Davis, RD (million-copy best-selling author).

By the end of the workshop, you’ll have the knowledge and confidence to guide others toward healthier choices that could dramatically reduce their risk of cancer and other chronic diseases.

And you’ll be building a career that’s both rewarding and impactful.

Did we mention its FREE?

>> Learn more about the Plant-Based Coaching Workshop and how it can help you take that step toward making a meaningful difference.

To your health,

The Conquering Cancer team

P.S. When you register, you’ll also receive an exclusive guide, 27 Rewarding Paths to a Thriving Career as a Plant-Based Coach. It’s packed with ideas to kickstart your new path. Get it all right here.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is an increased awareness about various symptoms reported by women after breast augmentation or reconstruction with breast implants.

The 10 most common symptoms of Breast Implant Illness or Bii are:
  • Brain fog
  • Anxiety
  • Fatigue
  • Joint pain
  • Hair loss
  • Depression
  • Autoimmune diseases
  • Rash & skin problems
  • Weight fluctuations
  • Headaches
I recently taught how to detox from breast implant illness as part of the Breast Implant Illness Summit – you can get free access by clicking here.

This online event dives deep into understanding Bii, explant surgery, healing approaches and so much more. You’ll…

• Hear stories from women who have experienced Bii - from the trenches of chronic illness to thriving
  • Hear from top explant surgeons + their gold standard methods for explant surgery
  • Gain valuable insights and perspectives on how to approach healing naturally from world-renown functional health experts
  • Learn how silicone, chemicals, environmental toxins, heavy metals, and pathogens disrupt pathways in the body + how you can support yourself
  • Learn how illness and healing are impacted by genetics + how to optimize
  • Uncover additional factors that can impact healing post-explant such as mold, parasites, lyme, cavitations, sluggish drainage pathways, and more
  • And SO MUCH MORE!
This important event begins airing tomorrow, so don’t miss out.

Grab your free seat to the interviews by clicking here!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cancer stem cells are the cells that initiate cancer -- you can think of them as the seeds of cancer.

You, me, and everyone has them in our bodies. And they become a problem when the systems designed to eliminate these mutant cells fail, allowing them to take root and reproduce inside the body.

However, Jim, there is a powerful way to help your body find these rogue cancer cells and eliminate them... FOOD!

Specifically, the 12 very potent plant compounds -- found in common foods at your grocery store -- that you are about to discover in...

The new Cancer Stem Cell Killers ebook, which you are getting completely free right here today!

(NOTE that this very helpful ebook also provides you 5 delicious new recipes that are LOADED with the plant compounds in the book.)

Now, normal cells in your body are programmed to die at a certain point. Some cells live for a few days. Some cells live for weeks or months. However, they all have a programmed death timer.

It is IMPORTANT to know that the cancer cell does not have that.

When a cell mutates and becomes cancerous, it keeps dividing. It loses the auto self-destruct mechanism and keeps living and multiplying.

The cells form a lesion or tumor, and then cells from that tumor leave and spread to other parts of the body.

That is why it is so important to give your body every advantage to fight and eliminate these cancer stem cells...

And as you are about to learn, Jim, specific foods may be your most powerful "arsenal" of all!

Go here to grab your completely free copy of the Cancer Stem Cell Killers ebook

Now, this exceptional new ebook is provided to you free today by my good friend, Chris Wark.

In the last decade, Chris has become one of the most well known cancer survivors on the planet after healing stage III cancer primarily with diet and lifestyle changes.

During his cancer journey, and for the past 20 years since he healed, Chris has been researching cancer non-stop... foods that fight cancer, foods that promote cancer growth, what’s causing cancer and how to help your body heal it.

And in addition to this Cancer Stem Cell Killer ebook, Chris has compiled a massive amount of life-saving information, organized it, and put it into a comprehensive healing and prevention program called SQUARE ONE -- and yes, you will also get entirely free access to SQUARE ONE!

The SQUARE ONE Cancer Coaching Program will show you how to transform your life and your health and give you a step-by-step roadmap to start your healing or prevention journey.

SQUARE ONE is normally a paid program. However, every year Chris does a special free screening. He’s shared the SQ1 Program with nearly 2 million people since 2017 and this year’s free screening is right around the corner....

--> Click here now to get the free Cancer Stem Cell Killers report and access to SQUARE ONE <--

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Avoid Extreme Exercise After Heart Attack

By Chauncey Crandall, M.D.

Moderate exercise is beneficial, but going to the extreme could be harmful for heart attack survivors, a recent study reports.

The running and walking habits of about 2,400 heart attack survivors were tracked for 10 years to learn which type of exercise and how much of it was beneficial for them.

Special: Alleviate Your Joint Pain in as Little as 5 Days

The study confirmed that walking and running were similarly beneficial, as long as the duration of each was the same, although walking took twice as long to burn the same number of calories.

The study also showed that a moderate amount of exercise — in this case, running less than 30 miles or walking less than 46 miles weekly — reduced the risk of dying from a heart attack by up to 65%.

However, those people who ran more than 30 hours a week and walked more than 46 miles more than doubled their heart attack risk.

This study shows that although exercise is essential, moderation is always advised.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When it comes to the health of our children, we deserve nothing less than complete transparency and rigorous safety standards.

Yet, the vaccines recommended by the CDC for pregnant women and infants lack the extensive testing that we would expect for products administered to our youngest and most vulnerable.

Shockingly, the list of vaccines given in the first six months of life have been developed and approved with minimal clinical trials.

If you have not seen this chart before, please take a moment to really let this image we created sink in:
The sheer number of vaccines and the alarming lack of testing raises significant questions about their safety and efficacy, especially when we consider the growing number of chronic childhood diseases.

These chronic conditions, often autoimmune or immune-mediated, have surged from 12.4% in the early 1980s to over 50% of children today.

But despite this dramatic increase, public health authorities have not fully explored the potential link between vaccines and these health issues.

The pharmaceutical industry, protected by the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, is not held liable for injuries caused by vaccines. This legal immunity removes the financial incentive for thorough safety evaluations, leading to a system where profit outweighs caution.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Additions and Corrections​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Did you know that 30.3 million people in the U.S. have diabetes, and a staggering 1.5 million new cases are diagnosed every year?

Diabetes remains the 7th leading cause of death, contributing to over 250,000 deaths annually.

But here’s the good news: Type 2 Diabetes and slow metabolism are conditions that can be managed and even prevented!

Ginger is emerging as one of the most popular and effective natural solutions for preventing and managing diabetes and improving metabolism.

According to numerous studies, ginger can efficiently manage blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of insulin resistance.

Unlock the Power of Ginger!

To help you with a solution, here’s a FR-EE eBook: "10 Ginger Superpowers to Manage High Blood Sugar and Improve Your Metabolism."

But that’s not all. On the same page, you’ll have an incredible opportunity to:

• Join 50 world-class medical doctors and renowned health experts.
  • Learn their secrets and affordable, science-backed tools to overcome high blood sugar and insulin resistance.
  • Discover the latest breakthroughs in stabilizing metabolism.
Imagine the Benefits:

• Decades more to experience a vibrant, healthy life.
  • Little or no chronic disease.
  • More energy and better control over blood sugar.
  • Fewer restrictions on what you can eat or do.
  • Looking and feeling your best.
Ready to Transform Your Health?

No need for expensive procedures or painstaking health regimes. You can start right away, from the comfort of your home.

Discover the Nobel-Winning Research on diabetes management and start your journey to better health here.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
mail
mail
Hello, my friend!
It's my birthday week (hello 53!) and my 14th breast cancer survivorversary. Yes, I was diagnosed on my 39th birthday. It's a day week MONTH to celebrate all things wonderful in my life!❤️

BUT... I'm having a moment with Apple Podcasts... 👇👇👇
mail
mail
mail
mail
On Friday, Episode 132 of Your Midlife Comeback Story was released - 5 Reasons Why You Eat, Even When You're Full (and How to Stop).
Apple never published it, and my producer and I are trying to figure out why.

Here are 2 things you can do to show your support and celebrate my birthday/survivorversary with THE MOST AWESOME PRESENT...

1️⃣ Give Your Midlife Comeback Story Podcast a rating and review on Apple Podcast.
Hit those ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a review - it would mean the world to me! Your support will tell Apple that you still want to hear this podcast!

2️⃣ Until we figure out the glitch, you can listen to this week's episode:
HERE ON SPOTIFY
HERE ON THE WEB

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
he SQUARE ONE Cancer Coaching Program
And you can watch all 10 Modules of his coaching program free online beginning August 20th... (details below)

The information in SQUARE ONE covers the evidence-based nutrition, natural therapies, and lifestyle strategies that he and countless others have used to heal cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and many other chronic diseases.

SQUARE ONE takes you step-by-step through the healing process in a simple straightforward way that is empowering, hopeful, and encouraging, without being overwhelming or confusing.

There's nothing else like this out there and I am so excited to share it with you :)

→ Check out this short video about Chris's story and the course here.

While you're there, you can register to watch all 10 SQUARE ONE Modules FREE online.

If you're a patient, a caregiver, or you're serious about cancer prevention, this course is for you. Don't miss it!

Watch the trailer, read the incredible testimonials, get registered for free access, and tune in to watch this life-saving series.

Wishing you abundant health,​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FIVE ways chronic inflammation affects your hormones

1️⃣ Increases cortisol levels
When the body experiences chronic inflammation, it produces an increased amount of stress hormones, like cortisol. This can lead to an imbalance in other hormones, such as progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone. This can make perimenopause, menopause, and estrogen dominance worse.

2️⃣ Shuts down hormone receptors
Chronic inflammation can cause a decrease in the number of cell receptors that respond to progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone. This means that even when the body produces these hormones, the cells are not able to recognize and respond to the hormones, leading to a host of symptoms.

3️⃣ Impacts the gut microbiome
Inflammation affects the gut microbiome, which plays a crucial role in hormone metabolism. Poor gut health can lead to increased reabsorption of estrogen in the body, contributing to hormonal imbalances.

4️⃣ Impairs estrogen metabolism
Inflammation can hinder the liver's ability to metabolize estrogen properly, resulting in an accumulation of "dirty" estrogens, which can contribute to estrogen dominance, even when overall estrogen levels are low. This is particularly problematic for women with history or predisposition to estrogenic cancers.

5️⃣ Causes thyroid dysfunction
Inflammation can disrupt the conversion of thyroid hormones (T4 to T3) and/or by triggering autoimmune thyroid conditions like Hashimoto's thyroiditis.​
mail
What to Add-Remove to Lower Inflammation

You can lower inflammation - but identify first what is its source and then come up with an action plan.

ADD
  • anti-inflammatory diet (Elimination Diet); free of gluten, dairy, soy, corn, eggs, processed foods
  • cruciferous vegetables (kale, collard greens, broccoli, cabbages, turnips, arugula)
  • sprouts (broccoli, fenugreek, radishes)
  • fermented foods (sauerkraut, kimchi, dill pickles)
  • add a few supplements (see below)
  • day rests and naps
  • castor oil packs
  • air purifier
  • high-quality water filter (not your fridge filter or jug!)
  • nature walks (yes, hug a tree!)

REMOVE
  • sugar (or reduce)
  • processed foods
  • inflammatory foods (gluten, dairy)
  • microwaving food in plastic containers
  • alcohol
  • artificial sugars and sweeteners
  • parasites
  • mold
  • stress
  • toxic people
  • recreational drugs

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi, it’s Sarah.
Have you ever considered changing careers?
I just read that roughly 85% of professionals polled in a recent LinkedIn survey say they’re thinking of changing jobs this year.
If you’ve been daydreaming about doing something different for work…
Or, if you’re currently a nutritionist or health coach and interested in personal and professional development…
I want to make sure you know about Food Revolution Network’s live Plant-Based Coaching Workshop: The Recipe for Real and Lasting Change, hosted by my friend Ocean Robbins.

>> Find out all about it and join in on this page (for free!)
It’s about to start, and it could be the workshop that launches you into a revitalised career helping others.
More people than ever before are embracing a plant-based lifestyle (yay!), and the demand for expert coaches is rising.
That creates an exciting opportunity for heart-centred people who want to help others live longer, healthier, happier lives.
The Plant-Based Coaching Workshop starts on Friday, August 23rd at 12 pm EST and runs through Sunday, August 25th.
Each module is about three hours long — during which you’ll learn the three pillars of Plant-Based Nutrition, Coaching, and the profound Impact you can have.
You’ll even learn how you can find clients, build a business, and make a living while making a difference.
>> Find out more and join in the Plant-Based Coaching Workshop: The Recipe for Real and Lasting Change, right here.
During this fun, free training, you’ll learn:
  • The must-have foods that are scientifically linked to disease prevention (including some of the world’s deadliest illnesses).
  • How successful coaches get booked out with new clients quickly (without a huge marketing budget, email list, or fancy website).
  • The secret sauce that coaches can use to help clients get — and stay — motivated. (Coaches who understand how to do this will skyrocket their results and set themselves apart in a competitive marketplace in any economy.)
  • And so much more…
If you’ve been reading my emails for a little while, then you know I’m a big fan of Ocean Robbins and Food Revolution Network.
Not only is everything they present backed by credible science, but they’re absolute masters of teaching, so you’re in for a fun, lively, immersive experience.
If you’ve been thinking about a career change and wonder what it takes to create a thriving coaching practice…
How to help people go from simply wishing they ate healthier to doing it…
Or the dietary secrets of the world’s longest-living people…
This training is for you.
>> RSVP for the Plant-Based Coaching Workshop here (it’s free!)
Yours for better health, naturally
Sarah Otto
Nutritionist (Master of Human Nutrition)
Goodness Lover Co-Founder
P.S. -- Whether you’re considering making a career change to coaching, or already a seasoned coach or wellness professional, this in-depth training will open your eyes and inspire you.
And when you join, you’ll get a helpful free guide: 27 Rewarding Paths to a Thriving Career as a Plant-Based Coach.
This is a very handy reference sheet of all the best opportunities that have just opened up for plant-based coaches.
I think you’ll love what you see!

Get the guide free when you join the Plant-Based Coaching Workshop today (hurry -- starts soon!)​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In today's information saturated world, where over 99% of media outlets are controlled by private interests, the very essence of free speech and independent journalism is under threat.

As corporate media dominates the narrative, it's becoming increasingly difficult to find trustworthy, unbiased information—especially when it comes to health.

That's why GreenMedInfo.com stands out as one of the last bastions of free speech in health journalism. We are dedicated to providing you with accurate, evidence-based content on natural medicine, free from corporate influence.

Our commitment to informed medical choice and speaking truth to power is unwavering, with 3 new articles released daily, and we continue to challenge the mainstream narratives that too often obscure the truth.

Take our following recent reports as examples:
In today's featured articles below, we delve deeper into the role of GreenMedInfo.com within the Fifth Estate (independent and alternative media outlets and platforms that challenge mainstream narratives and provide a counterbalance to the influence of traditional, corporate-controlled media) and why supporting independent journalism is more crucial than ever.

Thank you for being a part of our community and for standing with us in the pursuit of truth and transparency. Your support is greatly appreciated!

Warm regards,
Sayer Ji
Founder, GreenMedInfo.com
FEATURED ARTICLES
GreenMedInfo.com: A Beacon of Truth in Natural Medicine and Independent Journalism
Do you know that less than 1% of global media exists without hidden agendas and funders? Find out why GreenMedInfo.com is one of the last bastions of free speech on the internet, and how you can support our grassroots movement for truth, freedom, and integrity in all things!
The Fifth Estate Under Siege: How Media Bias and Government Collusion Threaten Informed Medical Choice
In a world where your right to make informed medical decisions hangs by a digital thread, a shadowy alliance of government agencies, NGOs, and media giants is working tirelessly to control what you can know about your own health. Welcome to the battleground of the Fifth Estate, where the future of medical freedom will be won or lost.
From Disinformation to Publication: A Case Study in Academic Failure
In the realm of academic publishing, a 1300-fold error should raise more than eyebrows--it should sound alarms. Yet, at the 14th ACM Web Science Conference 2022, sponsored by SIGWEB, such a colossal miscalculation found its way into the proceedings, calling into question the very foundations of academic integrity in the digital age.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Exercise May Boost Blood Sugar Control

Moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA) improves blood sugar by increasing insulin sensitivity, improving sugar intake by the muscles, enhancing glucose storage, and more. Now a new study published in the journal Obesity has found that evening exercisers experience better blood sugar control.

For this study, researchers looked at 186 adults (average age 46.8) who were overweight or obese and had at least one metabolic impairment, such as elevated blood pressure, high triglycerides, or impaired fasting glucose levels. The participants wore a tracker for 14 days that measured their physical activity and glucose levels, along with when they exercised: morning, afternoon, evening, or mixed.

The results showed that those who did more than half of their MVPA in the evening had lower glucose levels throughout the day and night compared to days when they didn’t exercise. This effect was more pronounced in those with trouble regulating their blood sugar. This study highlights the benefits of evening exercise for maintaining healthy glucose control.

Emerging Health Benefits of Red Light Therapy

Red light therapy uses an LED (light-emitting diode) device that emits red and near-infrared rays, typically in a range of 660-890 nm. Your body absorbs the red light via skin exposure and can start utilizing it almost immediately. Now, this is where it gets really interesting.

Once absorbed, the red light activates receptors in the mitochondria of your cells. Because mitochondria are essentially the energy producers for your cells (i.e., cell “batteries”), this helps the cells to function more effectively and efficiently. Another benefit of mitochondria activation is the production of nitric oxide, which in turn improves blood flow. This is great for your entire body because good circulation ensures your tissues are getting a sufficient supply of oxygen- and nutrient-rich blood.

By enabling cells to operate at maximum productivity and boosting circulation, red light therapy has a unique restorative effect on your body that starts deep at the cellular level. Research shows that it helps to reduce pain and inflammation, boost energy and mood, helps to promote faster muscle recovery, and may even promote hair growth. Plus, red light therapy may help to boost collagen in your skin and fight multiple signs of aging.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
4 Ways to Avoid Foodborne Illness + Safest Temperature to Store Food
It’s estimated that 48 million people in the US get food poisoning each year and 100,000 will end up hospitalized. Plus, the rise of antibiotic-resistant bacteria is compounding the issue. Here are the four things you need to know to prepare food safely, along with the “danger zone” you need to know to avoid bacterial growth in your fridge. (More)
How to Stop Hitting “Snooze” & Wake Up More Easily
If you’ve repeatedly hit the snooze button in the morning, yet don’t remember doing that and end up oversleeping, you may be suffering from sleep inertia. While it’s mostly annoying, if it lasts too long, it could affect things like your ability to drive safely. Here’s why sleep inertia can happen, along with a morning routine called RISE-UP that can help you wake up more easily. (More)
Want to Naturally Reduce Your Appetite? Eat More High Fiber Foods!
If you feel full longer after a high-fiber meal, you’re not imagining it. Fiber helps to slow digestion, regulate blood sugar, and nourish a healthy gut. Now, a new study shows that fiber stimulates the release of the appetite-reducing hormone peptide tyrosine tyrosine (PYY) into the ileum section of your small intestine—tempering your appetite. (More)​
Compelling Health Fact
Did you know a single strand of hair can support up to 3.5 ounces of weight? Most of your hair’s strength comes from keratin, a fibrous structural protein made up of long chains of amino acids. They form a helical structure that helps protect your hair and maintain its integrity.​
Recipes
Veggie Burritos
Stuffed with a delicious blend of Spanish rice, black beans, veggies, guacamole & more.
Hearty Lentil Soup (1 Pot)
This delicious soup is loaded with an assortment of veggies & spiced to perfection.
Grilled Butternut Squash with Chimichurri
Just peel, slice, and grill the squash—then top with a quick & easy chimichurri sauce.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."—Thomas Edison​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Is Celiac Disease Genetic?​

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Is Celiac Disease Genetic?​

What has changed in 50 years? Everybody ate bread and most ate it every day when I was a kid.

VU Sponsors