Become a Patron!

PIF BOX #6 -- Active -- List Full

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I finally did the math:

I save only $90/month by vaping instead of smoking. I expected it to be more.

Oh, yeah, plus...
I'll (hopefully) die in a less agonizing and guilt-ridden way, and I'll live longer and healthier and enjoy it more. That's priceless.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I finally did the math:

I save only $90/month by vaping instead of smoking. I expected it to be more.

Oh, yeah, plus...
I'll (hopefully) die in a less agonizing and guilt-ridden way, and I'll live longer and healthier and enjoy it more. That's priceless.
I had this same issue and figured it out , there's a few factors your setup and purchase method as well as your impulsiveness
1.) The only 2 mod setups that save money is a low airflow ego which reduces juice consumption it used to take me a week to go through a 10 ml now I go through 10 a day easily the other setup eats more juice but makes up for it by not needing a lot of money to run a good RDA wire is super cheap 5-10$ that last month's and wick that last years for 10$ so for 15-20 your set for several months before you buy again

2.) If you buy anything from b&m you won't save money they charge such inflated prices its not worth it... Mods RDA tanks coils juice etc etc is hundreds times more then it should be mods that cost them 2$ wholesale cost us 10$ online they sell for 40$ in store juice that cost us .49 cents to make online sells for 4.99 and b&m will run 9.99-14.99 wanna save DIY or buy online

3.) Impulsiveness the final problem is always wanting to buy the newest best better item which I'm guilty of myself I sat down and figured up all vape purchases made this month I broke even with amount I spent when I smoked Noe I removed all unnecessary purchases and total required spent is 60$ out of 250$ and that's with a DIY order for making juice

Point is you can save money roughly 1/4-1/3 of what it cost to smoke... You just have to get setup right if not you can actually spend more then when you smoked

Just my .02$

Sent from my LabRatory

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had this same issue and figured it out , there's a few factors your setup and purchase method as well as your impulsiveness
1.) The only 2 mod setups that save money is a low airflow ego which reduces juice consumption it used to take me a week to go through a 10 ml now I go through 10 a day easily the other setup eats more juice but makes up for it by not needing a lot of money to run a good RDA wire is super cheap 5-10$ that last month's and wick that last years for 10$ so for 15-20 your set for several months before you buy again

2.) If you buy anything from b&m you won't save money they charge such inflated prices its not worth it... Mods RDA tanks coils juice etc etc is hundreds times more then it should be mods that cost them 2$ wholesale cost us 10$ online they sell for 40$ in store juice that cost us .49 cents to make online sells for 4.99 and b&m will run 9.99-14.99 wanna save DIY or buy online

3.) Impulsiveness the final problem is always wanting to buy the newest best better item which I'm guilty of myself I sat down and figured up all vape purchases made this month I broke even with amount I spent when I smoked Noe I removed all unnecessary purchases and total required spent is 60$ out of 250$ and that's with a DIY order for making juice

Point is you can save money roughly 1/4-1/3 of what it cost to smoke... You just have to get setup right if not you can actually spend more then when you smoked

Just my .02$

Sent from my LabRatory
Well put. Impulse gets me every time. I am a happy vapor though! If I could just get my DIY juice to be capable I would be doing well. I have yet another order for flavors coming. Plus I didn't make up a bunch of juice before my operation, which I planned too, but my grandmother passed away and time wasn't on my side. Now I have tons of time but all my flavors and supplies are at work. I can't win. I may make a trip out to get them in a few days.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DIY is the key to saving money.

I have spent $322.03 on DIY stuff so far
$52.65 on tools such as syringes, bottles, etc.
$269.38 on flavors, nic and VG

It may seem like a lot of money spent but between nic, VG, and flavors, I have 9,300 ml of stuff which comes out to a cost of only $0.035 per ml. So far I have made 1,700 ml worth of juice (possibly more, I always forget to add to the value until a while after mixing), which makes my current cost per ml $0.189

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
DIY is the key to saving money.

I have spent $322.03 on DIY stuff so far
$52.65 on tools such as syringes, bottles, etc.
$269.38 on flavors, nic and VG

It may seem like a lot of money spent but between nic, VG, and flavors, I have 9,300 ml of stuff which comes out to a cost of only $0.035 per ml. So far I have made 1,700 ml worth of juice (possibly more, I always forget to add to the value until a while after mixing), which makes my current cost per ml $0.189
Yeah, I don't build coils or diy my juice. This fact adds to my cost of vaping.

As a matter of fact, if someone diyed an adv I liked, they could sell me that juice regularly because I don't have any immediate plans to diy. That would be a win-win, and I am 100% open to that possibility.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

As a matter of fact, if someone diyed an adv I liked, they could sell me that juice regularly because I don't have any immediate plans to diy. That would be a win-win, and I am 100% open to that possibility.
I am hoping after I recover a bit, and make some juice, I can help you out with that. Life has just been so hectic and I have felt terrible for months before the surgery. I am pretty good at fruity vapes.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sweet fruit or more realistic?

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im dying for a decent lemon cupcake or lemon meringue pie.

Would pay :)
I have a ton of different lemon flavors because I am trying to clone looper. I found that Flavor Express lemon is the most close to a real lemon.

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not allowed to DIY. Wife's rule. She's skittish about having liquid nic in the house as our 5 year old is a bit of a holy terror.

And, you know, happy wife and all...
Happy wife = happy life lol there I said it lmao

Sent From The BatCave

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am hoping after I recover a bit, and make some juice, I can help you out with that. Life has just been so hectic and I have felt terrible for months before the surgery. I am pretty good at fruity vapes.
This is nice to read! Thanks for thinking of me, Heather.

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK guys, the box is at my house but I've been at the oral surgeon with my boyfriend most of the day. He's having emergency work done after waking up mid-night swollen and in pain. If I don't get to the box until tomorrow, please don't shoot me. I have a feeling I'll be doing nurse duty tonight.
(Box has been safely retrieved from my doorstep by my trusted neighbor.)

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Heather How is your surgery recovery coming along? I hope you're feeling better every day.
Yes feeling better each day. I have a nurse that comes to the house every other day and she has been very helpful. Can't wait to see pictures of the box when you get too it. Oral surgery sucks, I hope your boyfriend is ok.

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes feeling better each day. I have a nurse that comes to the house every other day and she has been very helpful. Can't wait to see pictures of the box when you get too it. Oral surgery sucks, I hope your boyfriend is ok.
Oral surgery bites!

(You see what I did there? heh heh)

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My bf is in excellent health, but he is older than me (daddy issues, don't ask lol). He's over 60, so after the oral surgeon extracted the tooth she now says she might send him to hospital for observation and IV antibiotic. WTF WTF WTF
I am not liking this. She called it "a serious absess." His symptoms started in the night last night and he sought treatment right away, so I'm surprised.
He's a smoker. I told him if he vaped instead then none of this would have happened. He didn't think that was a funny joke.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My bf is in excellent health, but he is older than me (daddy issues, don't ask lol). He's over 60, so after the oral surgeon extracted the tooth she now says she might send him to hospital for observation and IV antibiotic. WTF WTF WTF
I am not liking this. She called it "a serious absess." His symptoms started in the night last night and he sought treatment right away, so I'm surprised.
He's a smoker. I told him if he vaped instead then none of this would have happened. He didn't think that was a funny joke.
Funny thing you mention that cause I used to have alot of mouth problems when I smoked and I gotta say its been a while since I've had any issues it was pretty common too

Sent from my LabRatory

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Funny thing you mention that cause I used to have alot of mouth problems when I smoked and I gotta say its been a while since I've had any issues it was pretty common too

Sent from my LabRatory
Really?!

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I had issues with my teeth and bad acid reflux that I haven't had issues with in the last 7-8months since picking up vaping again not saying that's why but its weird they stopped when I stopped cigs

Sent from my LabRatory

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You know I had a lot of issues with absences and such when I smoked and none since I vapid too. I didn't realize it until you said it.

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You know I had a lot of issues with absences and such when I smoked and none since I vapid too. I didn't realize it until you said it.
Interesting.

Gotta sign off for awhile. I'm on Girlfriend Duty now.

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im the complete opposite, I did not have any mouth/tooth issues begin to after about a year of vaping, my teeth were fine when I smoked

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im the complete opposite, I did not have any mouth/tooth issues begin to after about a year of vaping, my teeth were fine when I smoked
You don't count you vape antifreeze so shhhh

Sent from my LabRatory

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tooth problems while vaping could just be coincidence if you had made other changes within a few years of starting vaping.

I practically stopped drinking soda in 2009 and it wasn't until 2012 that my teeth started showing the effects of drinking over a case of soda a day for over 10 years.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tooth problems while vaping could just be coincidence if you had made other changes within a few years of starting vaping.

I practically stopped drinking soda in 2009 and it wasn't until 2012 that my teeth started showing the effects of drinking over a case of soda a day for over 10 years.
Good point. I stopped drinking soda too. Except I go out to eat once a week and get a soda then.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ColeGirl1 have you checked out the box? How is your boyfriend?

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ColeGirl1 have you checked out the box? How is your boyfriend?
I've only opened it so far, have not yet looked through it thoroughly. No juice leaks! It was packed very well. I'm busy with a very sick boyfriend, but I promise to dive into it with gusto tomorrow, and mail it out on Saturday early morning at the latest. I can't wait!

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you have to go to the hospital like they mentioned?

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you have to go to the hospital like they mentioned?
Yup. Now we're home and both exhausted. But I have to wake him up regularly to give him antibiotics and I had to go shop for special food. And fluff his pillow LOL.

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Picked up a artic subtank and a sigelei 150 oni , very impressed with the artic great flavor ,and big clouds ,thoe I would like to find something with the same flavor profile but less airy draw ,,the sigelei 150 oni I wasn't impressed ,too big in the hand , i think i like the smaller boxes instead

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Picked up a artic subtank and a sigelei 150 oni , very impressed with the artic great flavor ,and big clouds ,thoe I would like to find something with the same flavor profile but less airy draw ,,the sigelei 150 oni I wasn't impressed ,too big in the hand , i think i like the smaller boxes instead
Check out the new subox mini might be more along your lines but smaller box smaller watts stay away from any tank under .5 ohm coils ... I love my Atlantis 2.0 and Sig 150 oni
5785d4d29eddd13273186b4e21c556bb.jpg

Sent from my LabRatory

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

If you decide you wanna part ways with that Oni please let us know here first, mmmmkay?

i love my 100W+ and am a big fan of Sigelei in general. If only they'd do a temp control...

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
im going to use it a couple of days,i had other bigger box mods before i have a dna 30 and a dna 40 but for about 2 months ive been going back and forth between my istick 50 and kbox

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
im going to use it a couple of days,i had other bigger box mods before i have a dna 30 and a dna 40 but for about 2 months ive been going back and forth between my istick 50 and kbox
You really don't take advantage of the Sig 150 till you start building low sub ohms or lots of coils or high ohm builds that ramp up too slow.. But biggest thing I like is the dual batteries lasting me all day till I go to bed then charge them whole I sleep

Sent from my LabRatory

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i did a kayfun build with 28 gauge twisted at about .8 ohms last night ,it worked perfect , ijust have to get used to the size of the mod ,having carpal tunnel it kinda feel better on my hands vs a smaller box (if that makes any sense at all)

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i did a kayfun build with 28 gauge twisted at about .8 ohms last night ,it worked perfect , ijust have to get used to the size of the mod ,having carpal tunnel it kinda feel better on my hands vs a smaller box (if that makes any sense at all)
Nah I know what you mean I have the same issue with mechs the tube design causes my hand to go numb holding it for longer periods of time it gets sore after a while but I love mechs so much vs regulated but I got used to the sigelei pretty fast it's kinda like that transition you had to make from dumb phone to smart phone... They were bricks when they first came out now people look at the first smart phones like .... Look how tiny they are lol

Sent from my LabRatory

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had used an istick for quite some while before I got my sig. I stick is so beat up now that I wanted a replacement for stealth/work... But I had to go kbox. The weight just felt better lol.

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i feel at the same wattage the istick hits harder then the sig 150 with the arctic ,,,,full charge in in each one (brand new efest purples in the sig)

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just checking in real quick before I hit the sack to let y'all know that the box will go in the mail in the morn. I'll post photos then, too. I'm just too damn tired to do one more thing tonight. I tasted so many juices today; it was so fun!
P.S. Boyfriend is on the mend, the poor dear. But this acting-as-nurse thing took a lot out of me. Pro Tip: Don't get old; and if you do, don't get sick.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just checking in real quick before I hit the sack to let y'all know that the box will go in the mail in the morn. I'll post photos then, too. I'm just too damn tired to do one more thing tonight. I tasted so many juices today; it was so fun!
P.S. Boyfriend is on the mend, the poor dear. But this acting-as-nurse thing took a lot out of me. Pro Tip: Don't get old; and if you do, don't get sick.

Whatcha take whatcha take?

As I've had the box already, I know what was in there. Interested in knowing what people like in juices.

FYI for whomever contributed them, I took the Halo Belgium Chocolate to mix with a coffee I have that needed some sweetness, and the Georgia Peach. Which, on my Derringer, is delicious :)

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow Moma, I hit "post" and you hit "like" about two seconds earlier.... You're a ninja :eek:

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whatcha take whatcha take?

As I've had the box already, I know what was in there. Interested in knowing what people like in juices.

FYI for whomever contributed them, I took the Halo Belgium Chocolate to mix with a coffee I have that needed some sweetness, and the Georgia Peach. Which, on my Derringer, is delicious :)

The Halo came from meeeeeeee. Glad you got some use out of it.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Incidentally, I asked earlier if anyone was a gamer, and a few of us have made friends on live or psn, but does anyone here play Hearthstone? I'm totally addicted....

VU Sponsors