Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Definitely wasn't me. We only have one strip club and the restraining order says I can't go within 500ft of the place.

Last time I checked, four quarters is the same as a dollar bill and, well, it seemed like a convenient place to put them in the moment. In hindsight, maybe not.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
I needed that this morning lol

good morning goofyboots! How we all doing this morning? I just love things and stuff!
d13dec4b1ea1e9372e7f8ba962b67264.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
So cute
L
Well, if you're gonna stick around, here's a link to our backup meeting point. Since being on this forum we haven't had to use it much. It's there just in case though. https://www.facebook.com/groups/469777783190550/ if you're not on fb, we use doggies chooks as carrier pigeons.
Thanks! I'm on FB, just not much. If that doesn't work I could always borrow a chook from next door

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i must be getting old

modern sympathy seems to equate to either "me too!" or "have you tried injecting apple cider vinegar into your eyeball? it might not help your problem, but it really cleaned up my haemorrhoids"

in my day, we'd at least say "bugger, that sucks"

Bob Labla

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty! Did you steal it? I mean, I won't tell or anything, i's just curious. Because picking up fishes during a zoo trip is typically frowned upon, or maybe that was just my zoo. To be fair there was a lot of alcohol involved there and I kinda did look like a mermaid with that top on
I acquired it by putting on a little mermaid outfit and putting on a show in one of the tanks. He was in my bottoms when I finished. Unfortunately so was a porcupine puffer which provided a little unexpected enthusiasm. I had to catch and release him since I already have a puffer

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 63983
This is getting to be enough of the creepy crawlers scaring the bajeeber out of my bajeeberbalonious...

not quite sure what that means but spiders are scary and I want my mommy
That is certainly an intimidating arachnid! Don't think I would like to face that one without a weapon at hand. I do well with our fighting wolf spiders for the most part. They can be a bit aggressive but seem to succumb to a Kleenex or bit of toilet paper just like any other creepy crawlie.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a lot stabby today. A dear mostly online friend, a poodle breeder I have known online and on the phone for at least 12 years, is quickly losing her battle with lung cancer. She is a super person, honest, kind, caring, and this just isn't fair. :(
No, it isn't fair. I am sorry for you and for your friend. Not my first choice of how to pass. I keep hoping to be shot by a jealous wife when I am about 90 years old but I don't think that will pan out. Haven't found many 90 year old husbands that interest me.

Pardon my lame attempt at humor. I am truly sympathetic, just trying to find humor wherever I can. We just put down our Tripawd pitt bull last Sunday. A world without Lady is really a sad world. Lung cancer totally sucks. Yep, it does. (((((Claudia)))))

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If certain people would quit getting us kicked out of forums, a fallback home wouldn't be needed!!!
Of course.....that would cut down on THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT MOVES.....which seem to be the method of operation here.
Sketchy shiate if you ask me.
Who moves in the middle of the night......constantly. And always while I'm sleeping?
But Goat never seems to get left behind. Oh...no....Goat always gets whisked away.

Damn knuckles....I'm about to get all stabby.....
Awww hawkie, we would never leave you behind. We loves you way too much and miss you when you are absent. Big leg wrapping smooches on your punkin head!

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, it isn't fair. I am sorry for you and for your friend. Not my first choice of how to pass. I keep hoping to be shot by a jealous wife when I am about 90 years old but I don't think that will pan out. Haven't found many 90 year old husbands that interest me.

Pardon my lame attempt at humor. I am truly sympathetic, just trying to find humor wherever I can. We just put down our Tripawd pitt bull last Sunday. A world without Lady is really a sad world. Lung cancer totally sucks. Yep, it does. (((((Claudia)))))

((((glowiest))))

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New job(insert smileys...)
New job(kill certain people)
New job....lol.....I hate people.......
New job......my "customer service" give-a-shit....just went to hell....
New job....one aisle over....dumbass....
New job.....I still have to give a shit....but, nearly half of my time will be "no customer" time.....
Congratulations Hawkie! Hope you love this new gig!!

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
((((glowiest))))
Thanks always. She lived to be 15 or 16 or somewhere thereabouts. She had a great life....first years spent as a truck dog with her real mom....my sister then her retirement years in my home taking care of my mom. She never left her side. After her leg was amputated and I got the job driving, she went back to live with sister and nephew since he was home while we were out being asphalt cowgirls. She got around pretty well until just recently. It even hurt her to be carried.

Great dog. She tried desperately to feed my sister one of her treats. Just kept trying to put it in her mouth. Then there was the time she put one of her toys in nephew's lap and took his piece of pizza in exchange. She once charged a bunch of state patrolmen and buried her head in one of their crotches before rolling on her back asking for pets (thank God she wasn't shot!!)...and the memories just go one. She was stubborn and strong as a bull. Sister's first shoulder surgery is partially the result of trying to convince Lady to walk on a leash. Never did work very well. Oh yeah, and the very large beetle that was walking across the parking lot was never the same after Lady planted her nose on its back and just walked along with it for several feet.

I was going to post her last picture baking in the sun that she so loved to do, but I can't figure out how to get the URL off my computer. I think I am computer illiterate.

The more I see of people, the more I think of my dogs (present knuckles excepted).

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks always. She lived to be 15 or 16 or somewhere thereabouts. She had a great life....first years spent as a truck dog with her real mom....my sister then her retirement years in my home taking care of my mom. She never left her side. After her leg was amputated and I got the job driving, she went back to live with sister and nephew since he was home while we were out being asphalt cowgirls. She got around pretty well until just recently. It even hurt her to be carried.

Great dog. She tried desperately to feed my sister one of her treats. Just kept trying to put it in her mouth. Then there was the time she put one of her toys in nephew's lap and took his piece of pizza in exchange. She once charged a bunch of state patrolmen and buried her head in one of their crotches before rolling on her back asking for pets (thank God she wasn't shot!!)...and the memories just go one. She was stubborn and strong as a bull. Sister's first shoulder surgery is partially the result of trying to convince Lady to walk on a leash. Never did work very well. Oh yeah, and the very large beetle that was walking across the parking lot was never the same after Lady planted her nose on its back and just walked along with it for several feet.

I was going to post her last picture baking in the sun that she so loved to do, but I can't figure out how to get the URL off my computer. I think I am computer illiterate.

The more I see of people, the more I think of my dogs (present knuckles excepted).

(((((Glowiest))))

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is certainly an intimidating arachnid! Don't think I would like to face that one without a weapon at hand. I do well with our fighting wolf spiders for the most part. They can be a bit aggressive but seem to succumb to a Kleenex or bit of toilet paper just like any other creepy crawlie.
I got a Bug-a-salt 2.0 last year... It handles most average sized creepy crawlers with one or two shots... It'll kill a fly in one but I always give em that extra seasoning just so they stop twitching lol I thought about keeping it in the greenhouse but I realized that it likely would have just pissed that guy off. Not sure why but it seems every bug in there is super sized
Cannot like this. What a rotten way to start the day.
It happens now and then, I have alot of nightmares so maybe im not remembering the nightmares but my brain knows Im stressed.

I'm sorry, I can't imagine. I had a dream my dog ran off when we were walking down the expressway and I couldn't find her ... I woke up and started crying then spent the rest of the night sleeping on the floor with her.

I know it's a long shot but If you ever find yourself in Michigan there's an Aussie Shepherd that has much experience in providing peeps with their puppy fix...

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a Bug-a-salt 2.0 last year... It handles most average sized creepy crawlers with one or two shots... It'll kill a fly in one but I always give em that extra seasoning just so they stop twitching lol I thought about keeping it in the greenhouse but I realized that it likely would have just pissed that guy off. Not sure why but it seems every bug in there is super sized

It happens now and then, I have alot of nightmares so maybe im not remembering the nightmares but my brain knows Im stressed.

I'm sorry, I can't imagine. I had a dream my dog ran off when we were walking down the expressway and I couldn't find her ... I woke up and started crying then spent the rest of the night sleeping on the floor with her.

I know it's a long shot but If you ever find yourself in Michigan there's an Aussie Shepherd that has much experience in providing peeps with their puppy fix...
I love Aussie Shepherds! I had a mix that was black with white accents. He was the smartest dog and one of my heart dogs (who am I kidding? they are all heart dogs to me!). The only thing I didn't like was coat maintenance. They need constant brushing or you are in for a huge mess! His name was Jake as in the song by Pirates of the Mississippi: Feed Jake. If I get to Michigan, I will certainly stop and say hi to both of you!

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love Aussie Shepherds! I had a mix that was black with white accents. He was the smartest dog and one of my heart dogs (who am I kidding? they are all heart dogs to me!). The only thing I didn't like was coat maintenance. They need constant brushing or you are in for a huge mess! His name was Jake as in the song by Pirates of the Mississippi: Feed Jake. If I get to Michigan, I will certainly stop and say hi to both of you!
My best friend, right through it all.
If I die before I wake....
I had an Aussie Shepherd/Border collie mix named after the same song when I was in kindergarten. He didn't live very long... We lived on a pretty busy road and yeah :( Dad never put up the Dog Run. My Mom loved that dog though

Aussie Shepherds are a Great breed. Satie Vae is half Aussie and half Blue Heeler. I don't know how I would get through without her. She's worth the mountains of fur we pull out every other season, it's those dual layers... I've been having a weird dizzy/really off balance feeling today, and I think Satie can tell... She's been shadowing me since I got home around 11 and just wants to be with me whenever she can. Even when my Mom got home from work, after 15 minutes she was right there. Which is odd.

As long as whatever it is doesn't kill me in the next week I'm going to get it checked out if it doesn't get any better... or wait another week

Last edited:

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If I get to Michigan, I will certainly stop and say hi to both of you!
That would be great, your welcome to swing by! Just to forewarn...You might get suckered into some frisbee by lil miss brown eyes lol if she works those eyebrows she can get durn near anything from the coldest of souls haha (not that you have a cold soul)

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be great, your welcome to swing by! Just to forewarn...You might get suckered into some frisbee by lil miss brown eyes lol if she works those eyebrows she can get durn near anything from the coldest of souls haha (not that you have a cold soul)
I don't have many frisbee skills but I am pretty good with a tennis ball! Lil Miss Brown Eyes will have me wrapped around her paw in no time flat. Unfortunately, I am very bad at visiting. I may "get around" with all the miles I drive, but I am scheduled pretty tight. I don't often have time to visit.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have many frisbee skills but I am pretty good with a tennis ball! Lil Miss Brown Eyes will have me wrapped around her paw in no time flat. Unfortunately, I am very bad at visiting. I may "get around" with all the miles I drive, but I am scheduled pretty tight. I don't often have time to visit.
Isn't being a grownup awesome?

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. Just brain cooties. I'll be OK.

I have a lamb pot roast going for tomorrow.

2ce297dd4369758d7047f8cb2cb121c8.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Pewp on brain cooties! I am dragging a bit myself. I have to get moving so I can leave for Southern (VERY Southern) California to deliver some restaurant equipment on Monday morning. I so do not want to get moving!

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey knuckles

Rolled out of bed 10 minutes before I was supposed to be at work made it on time though somehow. Finally home again for a few, then probably over to my dads for a few beers. I think he misses me so I better be nice. Would much rather curl up in bed but life is short and the cold today is saying won't have much nice weather left this year.

Smooches y'all

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
apologies to glow, if this hits a nerve, but i have something positive to share

i just got the loveliest cuddle from my neighbour's tan pit bull. I've watched this dog grow from 10 weeks old, and she has become such a lovely, gentle pupper. It took work from her humans, to teach her to not jump up and get over excited, but she has really matured

we're buddies :inlove:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn, that looks tasty.

Can't believe steph hasn't been in here, throwing fetti all over the place. Big win for her football team last night. I just love seeing the big boys go down.

Morning Boof knuckles!

I saw on facebook, the passion shown is infectious.

Morning boofs

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep Cubs won the pennant, will play in the World Series for first time since 1945, not won since 1908 or sumpin'. There's goat curses too, Google it :)

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And my mom reminded me for the zillionth time that she danced in '45 with Phil Cavaretta Cubs 1st baseman :) :) :)

So she calls this morning giving me the job of finding out if he's alive...she still doesn't get that Google thing.
Google said he died in 2010, and was born in ’16. WHAT said mom, born in '30' she thought he was much younger . Shocked! She was funny

VU Sponsors