Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Holy Toledo, that’s like a few days calories for me. But after being sick the whole Fall and losing weight, I now gain weight just looking at food. :sucks:

I haven't had one of my signature breakfast meals in a long time~! When I make one of them it is Bacon, Ham, Home Fries and egg or omelette with cheese and buttered toast. But today only had poached eggs on toast which was semi low calorie bread.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't had one of my signature breakfast meals in a long time~! When I make one of them it is Bacon, Ham, Home Fries and egg or omelette with cheese and buttered toast. But today only had poached eggs on toast which was semi low calorie bread.

Well, I ordered a Swiss omelette with home fries and whole wheat toast. Plus blueberry muffins for later. And their coffee, which is usually really good.
The T Bone has been there since the 50’s, afaik. But they redid it, so it doesn’t look really vintage anymore. :cry:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I ordered a Swiss omelette with home fries and whole wheat toast. Plus blueberry muffins for later. And their coffee, which is usually really good.
The T Bone has been there since the 50’s, afaik. But they redid it, so it doesn’t look really vintage anymore. :cry:

I think I ate there a long time ago. I was working a late night job at Queens Center and saw it so I stopped for a bite to eat. Sun was coming up when I left the site.

Edit: It might have at the Target store?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I ate there a long time ago. I was working a late night job at Queens Center and saw it so I stopped for a bite to eat. Sun was coming up when I left the site.

Edit: It might have at the Target store?

Was it on QB? There’s another old diner on Austin Street. They’re both decent food. It’s just they deliver it nicely, and I know them a little. It’s a *Greek* diner! :teehee:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I looked at the pictures of it online and I think I ate there. This is the place right?

View attachment 156114

That’s it. They took a catty corner picture for some odd reason. It looks a wee bit better in person. Inside it’s just a regular diner, but it’s just straight up American food. Nothing special. I know it’s gotten some crappy reviews, but I think they tried to order like steak or stuffed cabbage or whatever.

It’s good for breakfast, salads, burgers, cheesecake, coffee, etc.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I remember right I had a good old fashioned breakfast. It was a while ago but as soon as I saw the picture I said I ate there~! Never forget a good meal.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If I remember right I had a good old fashioned breakfast. It was a while ago but as soon as I saw the picture I said I ate there~! Never forget a good meal.

The only thing I ever have from them is breakfast. Or possibly a burger. Although, I’ve ordered their spinach salad with sliced chicken breast on top, and it was good.

But their all day breakfasts are really good, imho. Although it was cooler before they refurbished, since they used to have the old style coffee cups and plates, etc. They have smaller cups now. It kinda bums me out when places like that go “modern”. My dad thinks I’m a nut, though, since I’m really into vintage stuff!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif
Where is everyone today?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif
Where is everyone today?

Just got back from visiting Dad and getting all the info for his discharge on Friday~! The Greek Restaurant we went to was a taste of Manhattan in Manhasset~! Food was good but more of a trendy type place than an eat until you explode type of place but the food was amazing.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got back from visiting Dad and getting all the info for his discharge on Friday~! The Greek Restaurant we went to was a taste of Manhattan in Manhasset~! Food was good but more of a trendy type place than an eat until you explode type of place but the food was amazing.

The name sounds trendy. Hopefully it wasn’t crowded in this cold
and on a Sunday. I really like low key non trendy places, though. All of Forest Hills is filled with trendy bars now with $30 cocktails and low lighting. :giggle: Or places that are overpriced with meh food.

I’m glad the food was really good!! What’d you have?

I’ll be having dinner in a bit. Pancakes. Because we can. :teehee:

Good news about your dad’s discharge! Glad to hear it!!

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yum, is that from your garden? I’m jealous. I loooove red clover!!
Aww, no need to be jealous. You can buy red clover online and have tea :)
The white clover for tea, the only one I could find online was really expensive :eek:
Hi. Is that the leaves from the dandelion plant you eat? And clover plants? Are these a specially cultivated variety or just wild common type?
:D Last question, what do they taste like?
Hi, Smigo :wave:
No, it's the flower part of the dandelion I eat.
Red and White clover
106997e099752bb8ada40e6b8fdc26f0.jpg
Very healthy! Red Clover helps for men prostate,
for women menopause, both are very good for you and cancer fighting. I just pick them from my yard. But, you can plant them as a garden...buy the seeds in packets. Um, I'm really not sure how to describe the different tastes. It takes a few times of eating them to get use to the textures and how they taste. I'm pretty damn picky when it comes to food, and if I can eat all of these, almost anyone should be able to eat them ;) .

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The name sounds trendy. Hopefully it wasn’t crowded in this cold
and on a Sunday. I really like low key non trendy places, though. All of Forest Hills is filled with trendy bars now with $30 cocktails and low lighting. :giggle: Or places that are overpriced with meh food.

I’m glad the food was really good!! What’d you have?

I’ll be having dinner in a bit. Pancakes. Because we can. :teehee:

Good news about your dad’s discharge! Glad to hear it!!

No the name of the Place was Herb and Olive~! LOL

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The white clover for tea, the only one I could find online was really expensive :eek:

Red and White clover
for women menopause, both are very good for you and cancer fighting. I just pick them from my yard. But, you can plant them as a garden...buy the seeds in packets. Um, I'm really not sure how to describe the different tastes. It takes a few times of eating them to get use to the textures and how they taste. I'm pretty damn picky when it comes to food, and if I can eat all of these, almost anyone should be able to eat them ;) .

Ok, thanks. We get those red ones come up in our backyard now and then in late winter spring here. I'll try them when I see them.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, thanks. We get those red ones come up in our backyard now and then in late winter spring here. I'll try them when I see them.
Cool. To me, they don't taste bad at all. You might be surprised :) (I hope) . Just don't forget to get something to wash them in ;) . Please, let me know what you think of them.
They didn't do so well last spring. Hoping it will be better this year, if not, I'll have to plant a garden of both. Had plenty of dandelions and tomatoes.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Cool. To me, they don't taste bad at all. You might be surprised :) (I hope) . Just don't forget to get something to wash them in ;) . Please, let me know what you think of them.
They didn't do so well last spring. Hoping it will be better this year, if not, I'll have to plant a garden of both. Had plenty of dandelions and tomatoes.

Wont be for a couple of months where I am I'd imagine. Our yard is bone dry at the moment and dont water it as it costs too much to do so. But will be keeping my eye out for them.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wont be for a couple of months where I am I'd imagine. Our yard is bone dry at the moment and dont water it as it costs too much to do so. But will be keeping my eye out for them.
Oh, I know. It's been bad there with it being really dry and the fires. I couldn't imagine trying to water the whole yard. I really hope you get a chance to try them.
If, you want or be able to afford it. Go online and buy the dry red clover and make a tea from them.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Smigo Hope you have a good evening (I think it's evening there) . I'm heading on out...Good night :wave:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Red and White clover

Red Clover is a good blood cleanser and I add the flowers and leaves to a relaxing bedtime tea. It’s one of my favorite herbs! Red Clover, Chamomile, Skullcap and Hops (infused loose herbs) make an excellent relaxing, anti anxiety, or for sleep tea.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
By the way how is your Father In Law?

Meh, but it could have been worse. He can talk, thank God. But one of his arms is weak. They’re still just observing and doing tests. I think they may want to unblock something around his heart. He was very lucky, imho.

So, we found out that he had a few attacks that he brushed off as indigestion. ( Or the Italian word for it. Lol)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The weakness hopefully will go away because I am sure he will get PT.

He’s already kvetching about having to change his diet!! I wish they were still in NJ, since we’d be able to see him all the time. But I guess complaining is the hallmark of recovery!

My hubs may go out there for a while now. His dad had an attack months back, so he’ll almost certainly have a bypass. I’m pretty sure a lot of this is from moving out there. He doesn’t like it, and he wasn’t able to find work he likes to keep him busy.
My MIL wanted to move out there. Nuff said.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He’s already kvetching about having to change his diet!! I wish they were still in NJ, since we’d be able to see him all the time. But I guess complaining is the hallmark of recovery!

My hubs may go out there for a while now. His dad had an attack months back, so he’ll almost certainly have a bypass. I’m pretty sure a lot of this is from moving out there. He doesn’t like it, and he wasn’t able to find work he likes to keep him busy.
My MIL wanted to move out there. Nuff said.

I am confused where did they move to and from where?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So what is for dinner tonight folks? Here we are having some Cheese and Parsley Sausage (I think it is, it was in the freezer unmarked) and Broccoli Rabe. And I will be having it on Fresh Italian Bread~! :vino:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So what is for dinner tonight folks? Here we are having some Cheese and Parsley Sausage (I think it is, it was in the freezer unmarked) and Broccoli Rabe. And I will be having it on Fresh Italian Bread~! :vino:

I had a toasted blueberry muffin. I was still full from my mid day meal, so that’s all I had. They’re huge muffins, though.

I know you made something amazing, though. It’s like a tv show, it’s you making gourmet food and I’m having a muffin. Maybe Seinfeld? :giggle:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors