Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
bb92dac7a3b7a1b7e6e33b37aa680e03.jpeg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well the Father is there with her Mother but losing a child is the hardest thing to deal with for a parent.

You’re right. But at least the kids have one parent. The way the world is now, it’s not always the case. And a grandma, too. At least they’ve got family for love and support. And you too!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just go easy on these type of memes because you made me tear up again. I guess I can expect to for the next few hours, days or weeks.

It’s better to cry it out than to hold it in, imho. Try to chill out for a bit. If you drain the bottle, big deal. You’ve had a very big shock. Go easy on yourself.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You’re right. But at least the kids have one parent. The way the world is now, it’s not always the case. And a grandma, too. At least they’ve got family for love and support. And you too!

Yes, they have a lot of people, my Sweetie who lives next door to them and Heidi on the other side. Plus all of my friends on the porches offering condolences. Just last week her Daughter Laura started calling me by my name and even at her young age she understands Social Distancing~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It’s better to cry it out than to hold it in, imho. Try to chill out for a bit. If you drain the bottle, big deal. You’ve had a very big shock. Go easy on yourself.

Problem with that is I have 2 more in stock~! But I will be OK, I have to be strong for the family and my Sweetie who has known her since she was a New Born home from the Hospital.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, they have a lot of people, my Sweetie who lives next door to them and Heidi on the other side. Plus all of my friends on the porches offering condolences. Just last week her Daughter Laura started calling me by my name and even at her young age she understands Social Distancing~!

That’s great! The kids will be surrounded by people who care. And they’ll have a good support system around them. It’s how it should be!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That’s great! The kids will be surrounded by people who care. And they’ll have a good support system around them. It’s how it should be!

Already looking into Therapists for the kids. What sucks is I can't hug any of them and already sending Virtual Hugs.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Problem with that is I have 2 more in stock~! But I will be OK, I have to be strong for the family and my Sweetie who has known her since she was a New Born home from the Hospital.

That’s hard on your sweetie. It’s so sad.

It’s good you’ve got backup bottles. You won’t have to go to the store to get more. Just chill out, have a drink, and something with sugar. You’ve had a shock.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Already looking into Therapists for the kids. What sucks is I can't hug any of them and already sending Virtual Hugs.

That’s the crappy part of corona. But the kids have grown up with computers, so they’ll be more used to it.

Anyway, as long as they see people and feel the love, they’ll know it’s there for them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That’s hard on your sweetie. It’s so sad.

It’s good you’ve got backup bottles. You won’t have to go to the store to get more. Just chill out, have a drink, and something with sugar. You’ve had a shock.

Actually I have to cook dinner soon and planned BBQ'ed Chicken even in the rain. I have an awning in the backyard so I can cook in any weather. I can tell you I will definitely be putting a dent in this bottle tonight. But I can't overdo it because I need to be ready to run if needed and I have to take care of the parents here. Don't worry about me though there is plenty of time for me to rest when my time is up. Which isn't happening anytime soon if I have anything to say about it~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You’ve had a shock.

It was more of a WTF moment and I am a bit better now but the moments will come. Having another cocktail but this is normal. Life sucks at times but when you lose someone you know they do not want you to dwell or fall apart. I told my Sweetie something Amy said to me at her Fathers Funeral. She told me that the body in the coffin was not her Father it was just a vessel. Thinking of that statement made me feel better.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear about your friend's passing @SteveS45. My prayers for her family and large network of friends.

It is people like you and all my Porch Dwellers who make it easier to deal with life or death. Thank You my friends~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gas Grill is warming and time to put the Chicken on a slow cook. 3rd Jack and Ginger so far but still not buzzed. Ready for anything that decides to pop up. Hopefully it is just sunshine and they were wrong about the storms.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just got back from taking Toby for a wagon ride and the wind was pushing me all around! Time for dinner here ourselves.

hope you get some peace and comfort tonight Steve!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just got back from taking Toby for a wagon ride and the wind was pushing me all around! Time for dinner here ourselves.

hope you get some peace and comfort tonight Steve!

I have had enough Jack to keep me mellow although my heart aches. I just had my Dad make me not concentrate so I poured more Jack instead of Ginger so I have a 6 to 8 ounce glass of Jack. My heart still hearts but not really feeling anything at all. Just numb which isn't the best but it is working for me right now.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have had enough Jack to keep me mellow although my heart aches. I just had my Dad make me not concentrate so I poured more Jack instead of Ginger so I have a 6 to 8 ounce glass of Jack. My heart still hearts but not really feeling anything at all. Just numb which isn't the best but it is working for me right now.
Sometimes that is what’s best for certain things. You need your peace and comfort right now and if you find it with jack for the moment, then enjoy it! It’s hard, I know, but we’re all here for you too!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In case anyone is worried about me I am fine and ready to go at moments notice. Although I am really wiped if I get a call I am ready to roll. Fucking wiped right now but at the ready for any call. Thank you all for being my rocks~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes that is what’s best for certain things. You need your peace and comfort right now and if you find it with jack for the moment, then enjoy it! It’s hard, I know, but we’re all here for you too!

I feel that some of my Internet friends are closer than some I have known for 45-50 years. Your never ending friendships are always here no matter what time of day. That is something very special and can never be replaced. Thank you All. even if it is months since we last messaged. There is a Special Place in my heart that can never be replaced.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I feel that some of my Internet friends are closer than some I have known for 45-50 years. Your never ending friendships are always here no matter what time of day. That is something very special and can never be replaced. Thank you All. even if it is months since we last messaged. There is a Special Place in my heart that can never be replaced.
I feel the same way <3

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you all for the support, but I am just so sad and remorseful because I can't hug the family members although I know if they need me I will be right there. It just sucks so much right now. You folks on the porches give me strength and hope that life goes on. I can't Thank You all so much and I hope you know I appreciate all the love you show.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good morning everyone! Just finished my coffee now I’m enjoying a nice vape session alone outside. Looks like it’s going to be a great day!

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Morning everyone! Crappy day out today. Gonna take tobe for a long drive later. Get him out of the house a bit. Hope you all slept well!

I hope you have a better day today Steve. I’m really sorry for what you’re going through

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning everyone! Crappy day out today. Gonna take tobe for a long drive later. Get him out of the house a bit. Hope you all slept well!

I hope you have a better day today Steve. I’m really sorry for what you’re going through

Be careful when driving there is less traffic but plenty of assholes on the road.

I wish the weather was better so I could trim some shrubs to keep busy.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Be careful when driving there is less traffic but plenty of assholes on the road.

I wish the weather was better so I could trim some shrubs to keep busy.
Yeah, I always drive careful. Especially when I have my littles in the car. I just need to get this poor boy out! He’s so cooped up and he’s going crazy! Last week I bought him some new toys, those big trucks Walmart sells for like $10-$15 dollars to help keep him busy on crappy weather days. They’ve been working, bought him one big truck and one small truck for $20, Walmart brand toys but it’s not like he cares and he’s been playing with them. Also got him one of those $5 packs of hot wheels.

He loves pretending to paint so I’ve been wanting to grab one of my canvases out for him to paint on but I’m “not allowed” to paint anywhere in this house no matter if I put tarps down or not. Ridiculous

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Took Toby for that drive and I was excited to take him by backhoes to look at. Boy only cared about getting French fries from McDonald’s! :giggle:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I always drive careful. Especially when I have my littles in the car. I just need to get this poor boy out! He’s so cooped up and he’s going crazy! Last week I bought him some new toys, those big trucks Walmart sells for like $10-$15 dollars to help keep him busy on crappy weather days. They’ve been working, bought him one big truck and one small truck for $20, Walmart brand toys but it’s not like he cares and he’s been playing with them. Also got him one of those $5 packs of hot wheels.

He loves pretending to paint so I’ve been wanting to grab one of my canvases out for him to paint on but I’m “not allowed” to paint anywhere in this house no matter if I put tarps down or not. Ridiculous
WTH? Since your FIL won't allow painting in the home, how's 'bout outside on the lawn or if you have a garage ? Or, those off limit, too?

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I sealed the outside of the bay window with Silicone because I saw light before I insulated it and then reinstalled the molding on the inside. Then because the sun came out for a while I trimmed the bush between the houses on both sides and cleaned it up nice. Now fighting with FedEx because they say they delivered my BBQ Cooking Grate at 10:32 this morning while I was working in the window. MoFo's want to tell me the driver might have marked it as delivered but will deliver it later? WTF?

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
WTH? Since your FIL won't allow painting in the home, how's 'bout outside on the lawn or if you have a garage ? Or, those off limit, too?

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk
He said I could paint outside on the back porch and use the ground to paint on. It’s not really an ideal environment to paint :confused:. I’ve tried it before and there’s too many gnats... lightly put your hand on the ground for a second and you get dirt and dust all over the canvas that just spreads.

He’s very difficult. One time when we first moved in, he let me use the dining room table to paint. I put dollar store table cloths over everything and painted away! No paint got on any of the furniture. The was the only time he let me do it.

Then, there’s a table downstairs in the rec room that my mil uses to make stained glass and whatnot and she told me I could use that. So I painted there one night which went well because there were a couple of lamps I put right on the canvas for perfect light. Again, no paint on any of the furniture and again last time I could paint there. Now I’m only allowed to paint out in the back porch... I can’t focus out there, there’s never enough light because it’s a closed in porch, and I’m sure if I tried to he’d change his mind again.

One day I’ll have my own paint room.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well I sealed the outside of the bay window with Silicone because I saw light before I insulated it and then reinstalled the molding on the inside. Then because the sun came out for a while I trimmed the bush between the houses on both sides and cleaned it up nice. Now fighting with FedEx because they say they delivered my BBQ Cooking Grate at 10:32 this morning while I was working in the window. MoFo's want to tell me the driver might have marked it as delivered but will deliver it later? WTF?
I hate when that happens! USPS always tells me packages are delivered when they’re really not

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
He said I could paint outside on the back porch and use the ground to paint on. It’s not really an ideal environment to paint :confused:. I’ve tried it before and there’s too many gnats... lightly put your hand on the ground for a second and you get dirt and dust all over the canvas that just spreads.

He’s very difficult. One time when we first moved in, he let me use the dining room table to paint. I put dollar store table cloths over everything and painted away! No paint got on any of the furniture. The was the only time he let me do it.

Then, there’s a table downstairs in the rec room that my mil uses to make stained glass and whatnot and she told me I could use that. So I painted there one night which went well because there were a couple of lamps I put right on the canvas for perfect light. Again, no paint on any of the furniture and again last time I could paint there. Now I’m only allowed to paint out in the back porch... I can’t focus out there, there’s never enough light because it’s a closed in porch, and I’m sure if I tried to he’d change his mind again.

One day I’ll have my own paint room.
I'm sorry he is such a PITA and a control freak :xD: . Maybe, just let Toby paint, it would give him another thing to do.(?)
When that day comes...:bliss: :bunny:

VU Sponsors