Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On the last Blazer I had the vacuum setup and it went bonkers on me in the middle of a snow storm... the fix was to spray the lines with liquid electrical tape.......:devil:

On my 88 S10 Blazer had the Vacuum system mess up during a storm so I ran a line direct to the Vacuum Diaphragm and never fixed it because I did a permanent install of the hose and when the 4WD didn't work I just swapped the hose! This truck has the Electronic 4WD with the Auto Option. Has worked everytime flawlessly but has to go bonkers today~! If the 4WD crapped out I will just pull the Electric Motor and manually engage it so Full Time 4WD until the snow is gone. But since No Service 4WD Light not and electrical problem.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I liked my Old Cherokee Chief Wide Track Full Manual 4WD with Locking hubs and 2 Shifters. Always worked No Matter what and you could shift on the fly into 4WD. That was the 80's 4WD with regular U-Joints in the Axle Housing. Bitch of a job to change but the replacements had the Pin Grease fittings so do the once and never again if you greased them yearly.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On my 88 S10 Blazer the Vacuum system messed up during a storm so I ran a line direct to the Vacuum Diaphragm and never fixed it because I did a permanent install of the hose and when the 4WD didn't work I just swapped the hose! This truck has the Electronic 4WD with the Auto Option. Has worked everytime flawlessly but has to go bonkers today~! If the 4WD crapped out I will just pull the Electric Motor and manually engage it so Full Time 4WD until the snow is gone. But since No Service 4WD Light not and electrical problem.
Mine is electronic also, they changed the motor when I bought it...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine is electronic also, they changed the motor when I bought it...

When I had my shop a customer came in with this system not working and I did the Technical Tap with a hammer and it was working when I called the customer he opted for not changing the Motor unless it fucked up again. He drove that Truck for 200K and we never changed it~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My rear Window Wiper stopped on the other day so I gave the wiper arm a push and sure enough it started up and is working ever since. Bitch of a job to change that motor~! That is great when plowing and driving in snow.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My rear Window Wiper stopped on the other day so I gave the wiper arm a push and sure enough it started up and is working ever since. Bitch of a job to change that motor~! That is great when plowing and driving in snow.
i had the actuator fail for the rear window , that was a trip...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @ajvapes even with the Electronic System if you can Engage the Transfer Face Manulally by removing the Motor you can get 4WD in a pinch~! When I am plowing in the middle of the night there are no Parts available~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey good lookin’, what’s cookin’? Hope your snuggly warm where you are. Wind’s a blowing here, and it’s getting stormy. A storm called Gail is on its way!

Well, we're dug in. Seems her BIL brought some firewood down earlier. Ought to get us through two or three days/nights.

Wife is coming in here now. She's feeding the cats at the barn. They got off work and made the way home.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey @ajvapes ever with the Electronic System if you can Engage the Transfer Face Manulally by removing the Motor you can get 4WD in a pinch~! When I am plowing in the middle of the night there are no Parts available~!
I don't mind doing repairs, but I can't work on the ground anymore...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope the actuator in the tailgate, you have to drill a hole from the inside and use screwdriver to pop the lock... before you can open the tailgate.

My Rear Tailgate opens manually and Nothing surprises me because Engineers Design Stuff they could never fix~! The Window has a Remote, a Read Door Switch on the Dashboard and on the Rear Tailgate. Still haven't figured out how it works with the remote but I have opened it with the remote~! Inadvertently~!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My Rear Tailgate opens manually and Nothing surprises me because Engineers Design Stuff they could never fix~! The Window has a Remote, a Read Door Switch on the Dashboard and on the Rear Tailgate. Still haven't figured out how it works with the remote but I have opened it with the remote~! Inadvertently~!
nothing manual except the tailgate latch on the inside lip. the window when closed disables the latch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So tired and wiped but I need to shower before I go to sleep because I may be home in a few hours or might not come home until the next day~! Snow Storm means I work no matter what llfe brings because it is $100 Dollars an Hour at the least. Probably going to pull out the Arc Welder and do a Bush Fix instead of doing it the right way.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
nothing manual except the tailgate latch on the inside lip. the window when closed disables the latch

My 2002 had no read handle, the 2001 does. I needed to get into my 2002 after it got totaled and I just butchered the door since it was going to get crushed.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Have a good morning, everyone. <3

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, we're dug in. Seems her BIL brought some firewood down earlier. Ought to get us through two or three days/nights.

Wife is coming in here now. She's feeding the cats at the barn. They got off work and made the way home.

It’s nice and white out, but freeezing. I’m hiding under the blankets. Heat is never great in this place!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally got finished after 12 hours straight~! So tired I don't have the energy to invoice anyone I will do it tomorrow. Not like I am worried about getting paid these are customers for Decades. Just had a Guinness Stout and just going to have a Minestrone Soup for dinner I am so tired from driving in circles and shoveling. It actually hurts to lift my arms to type. Maybe I should raise my chair so I can type downhill. Going see Snow Flying by when I close my eyes tonight.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone not getting emails from Vaping Underground? Reported it in the thread but they are pulling an ECF telling us it is on our end. Mine stopped about 3-4 days ago.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finally got finished after 12 hours straight~! So tired I don't have the energy to invoice anyone I will do it tomorrow. Not like I am worried about getting paid these are customers for Decades. Just had a Guinness Stout and just going to have a Minestrone Soup for dinner I am so tired from driving in circles and shoveling. It actually hurts to lift my arms to type. Maybe I should raise my chair so I can type downhill. Going see Snow Flying by when I close my eyes tonight.
I am tired from digging a path across the deck. Have to dig the cars out tomorrow... Doc said I am not supposed to do this any more....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @ajvapes I put a scratch in my Bumper extension while plowing. This snow was like cement and I was pushing close to a brick wall and spun the tires and the truck swung the rear out~! I have a brand new one all painted I will put on in the spring so for now a little touch up paint~! The real trick was getting off the wall without doing more damage~!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey @ajvapes I put a scratch in my Bumper extension while plowing. This snow was like cement and I was pushing close to a brick wall and spun the tires and the truck swung the rear out~! I have a brand new one all painted I will put on in the spring so for now a little touch up paint~! The real trick was getting off the wall without doing more damage~!
I never worry about scratches anymore, all the thing has to do is move.... :giggle::giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never worry about scratches anymore, all the thing has to do is move.... :giggle::giggle:

I had the truck repaired because I backed up into a dumbass who tried to race by me when I was backing up while plowing a few years ago. Totally destroyer her CUV and only bent my bumper and smashed the Bumper Extension. When I ordered the parts GM Parts direct has one picture for both sides and I ordered the R/S when I needed the left. Then my neighbor backed into my truck and I had to have the whole left side painted along with the bumper. Turned out paying for the deductible and I made a few bucks because the Body Shop had me buy the parts.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I slept like a Rock last night after a couple of Guinness Stouts and a nice Minestrone Soup from Ivarrone with some Garlic Sticks. Still sore from all the shoveling and driving but no pain which is good.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Slaw for breakfast. Will go reheat some BWW pub fries and wings after a bit. Get some coffee then as well. Dreary out at 32 F. Yay, gonna be day.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
25°F here and I hope no one calls because the driveways got clogged overnight. That plow slop will be cement this morning and will take hours to soften enough to move.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Always~! Yesterday I was wearing my very expensive Caterpiller Boots which are slip proof among other things. Under the Snow was a layer of Wet Snow which was slick as grease and I almost busted my ass a few times. Didn't go down but did slip and slide.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Always~! Yesterday I was wearing my very expensive Caterpiller Boots which are slip proof among other things. Under the Snow was a layer of Wet Snow which was slick as grease and I almost busted my ass a few times. Didn't go down but did slip and slide.

Belive it or not, in boot camp we had to get 60 men across a patch of that with the added slickness of veggie oil on top. We got told "double time, triple time BEGIN!" Each time someone busted their ass we needed to go back and try again. Goodness we were a mess but eventually got across, no one falling.

Which really made great sense to me when some GM at a burger place told me I had no idea how to function on a team. Ah well.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What a PIMA this morning, all because I changed phones and had the PC I used to use for Snow Plow Invoicing blow up during Isaiah. Had to fire up the Old Blackberry to get the Invoice Template~! I used to send invoices on the fly from my BB when I needed them instantly.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I waited until lunchtime in case some Dumbass wanted plowing of the frozen snow and then I took the blade off. No big deal two quick connect hoses, two pins and a chain. Drop it on the Dolley and roll it to the side. No need to drive around with it on. Went to Brake Service for some Plow parts and hit the supermarket on my way back.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After cooking dinner and breaking Ice after I got finished with my errands today I noticed I have a worn out thumb which is probably from the Joystick for my plow. I really beat the Heck out of my body over the last 3 days. The bright side is I am not in pain but I sure am sore.

Not used to this much physical work in this little hours. I am talking about 72 hours and working for 24 out of that. Not counting the Administrative or Paper Work time~! I will probably do this until I drop since I don't know any other way~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got some great news today. I finally got my back surgery approved. WOOHOO! It's about freakin' time. The bad news is it's going to cost $1300 to have the Jeep trans and transfer case rebuilt.

Why both? Don't forget the Auto Recycler or Junk Yard as we used to call them. I have had good luck over the years with them.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Why both? Don't forget the Auto Recycler or Junk Yard as we used to call them. I have had good luck over the years with them.
Yeah I thought of that and it's about the same price. My Jeep has over 300K miles on it and the trans was the last part of the drive train to be replaced or rebuilt. Hopefully it will last another 300K miles now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
$1.300 for a used Gearbox and transfer case? Damn I had junkyards I used to pay $150 to $250 for when I had my shop. This isn't a CVT Transmission for Pete's sake.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
$1.300 for a used Gearbox and transfer case? Damn I had junkyards I used to pay $150 to $250 for when I had my shop. This isn't a CVT Transmission for Pete's sake.
Yeah those days of $150 transmissions are gone. Atleast in Kalifornia anyway. $800 for a used transmission and $500+ for a used transfer case. A new transmission is $1750. I didn't bother pricing a new transfer case. The way I'm looking at it is it will be good as new when its all done.

VU Sponsors