Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
45ed52fbd1f8157544a219bd170cd874.gif

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wife has a new laptop. She's working on getting set up. Part of that is either dual booting Linux & Windows or wiping Windows off for Linux.

Around 8:00 PM here I had gotten interested in WWE's NXT wrestling show. She hands up a flash drive asking if my computer can see it. On the drive she has a Debian live install set up.

Her Windows isn't playing well to install Debian. Could I when I had time to spare, fetch her another live install and set the drive up to work, she asked. Well, right away I head over to debian DOT org.

I locate a live install dot iso file & begin the download. I also format her usb drive to be fat 32 and give it a boot-able flag. Then, I go find the bash command line way to put the iso over unto the usb.

Meanwhile I've lost track in the wrestling show. Tell her I'll watch it tomorrow via Hulu. She fusses that I could have waited until it was off.

My response is that I think she's got me confused for someone else. We both knew I meant her BIL, who has not fixed the toilet completely yet. We still need to use a bucket of drawn hot water to flush it.

Think he got the bathroom feed pipe fixed, but obviously the toilet tank is shut off. Not sure of the logic behind it. Not my monkey, not my mess, not mine to understand. What I understand is he's the type you sell for what he thinks he's worth and hope you don't get caught defrauding someone.

Any given this is how he does stuff, half a**ed, or it's a big fracking drama with him pi**ed off over having to do something. Usually it's a combination of these. This is why I rather slit my throat as to ask him for sh*t.

Usually, if I'm asked to do something I got it done by the time it takes to ask. I say usually because there exists those rare times I might be occupied doing something (of import) and need to pause. Which after pausing I get right to what is asked and try doing it to the best of my ability/capacity and correctly/properly/right, in full. There's also the grinding tasks which take longer than the asking to accomplish.

That's who and what I am, the better man. I'm learning too I'm too passionate and I care too d*mn much. Learning though the selective art of not giving a frack. After all trying to be Super Man winds up leaving me being Silly Man. Sometimes Silly Man can be Monstrously Evil Man and no one really likes him because he's also Maliciously Messy Man.

That's the narrow path I walk. And if you've not seen it from my choice of mods and vaping gear I'm also spartan in my fashion/no fashion sense. I wear clothes that suit utilitarian purpose and are comfortable. I don't give a rat's behind if people guffaw and whisper I'm twenty years out of style. That also goes for everything in life for me.

(Sometimes Christy, my wife, will fuss I seem a slob. *ahem* In my defense if I feel half inclined I can clean up and real sharp to boot. My point though is I often don't care to impress with my appearance. Figure you can take me as I am if I'm taking you (general case you) as you are.)

Me and her went out this evening too. She needed to get her mom a hair brush for Christmas. She'll get her dad a case of coffee pods later, after Christmas for his Christmas. The nephews will each get $20 instead of Steam cards.

While out I spent a bit of the near $100 I wound up having in cash, me with any cash is a rarity. Put a $5 on the table for a tip at Bob Evan's. The service was good, the food was edible, the restaurant was busy but as clean as could be considering. It was worth the tip. We had a nice supper.

Me and her have lived poor. We don't go hog wild when we do have extra though. Yes we may get something modest, new, or new to us but we don't go after the brass ring of stuff. We just are not materialistic, neither of us, nor are we completely ethereal beings.

Yep, you got it. We walk a narrow path in life. Sometimes I wind up feeling mediocre in a negative way. Other times I'm so happy to be middle of the road I could be a tickled pig. This too is why I often feel under dressed, out of place and even so with the out of place. Could I change? Maybe but rather stay myself. If you cannot be you, who do you be?

Sorry if this was a bit long and rambling, though again, been told it's alright to be me here. So, yep being me. I write/talk/say what I need and it takes as much or little as it needs to say/write/talk. I'm learning to not talk so much as I'm rather more of a doer and besides I usually haven't much to relate of great value to others with talk. My value is in the doing. Well, ... "said enough, said too much". :)

Everyone have a Merry Ol' Time, stay safe. :)

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So today is Mom's 89th Birthday and I washed the Kitchen and Dinette floors this morning while my Coffee was perking. Since this is also XMas Eve I have to make it as nice as possible for her even though Dad is no longer with us. Just making Fried Filet of Sole and Penne with Brocoli-Rabe for dinner. Simple Appetizers to go with it and have to pick up a BDau cake for her this morning.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So today is Mom's 89th Birthday and I washed the Kitchen and Dinette floors this morning while my Coffee was perking. Since this is also XMas Eve I have to make it as nice as possible for her even though Dad is no longer with us. Just making Fried Filet of Sole and Penne with Brocoli-Rabe for dinner. Simple Appetizers to go with it and have to pick up a BDau cake for her this morning.
Happy birthday to your mom! Your dinner plans sound delicious ?.

Tonight we are probably eating fast food, as we are stuffing a turkey this evening to get it ready to start cooking tomorrow morning. Then tomorrow is turkey dinner with my wife, myself, and her parents. Dam I miss my parents.... I wish I could have had one more Christmas dinner with them.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, why couldn't Dad wait until after the New Year to call it quits~! He loved to eat.............. Deserts

View attachment 175194

Speaking of beserts as they're called, by youngest brother code named Grasshopper, I had a big slice of peanut butter & chocolate pie at Bob's place. Heard a table over asking the server what I had. *chuckles* Me and her went to go out, they had them waiting in the lobby to get in. Heard the house manager chuckle and say "there's goes our rain maker" as we left. I chuckled internally, "yep, still got it."

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I picked up the Birthday Cake and some cupcakes for tomorrow along with the Fresh Basil and French Bread. Have the Brocoli-Rabe and Garlic all cut up with the Tomato and Basil Appetizer all ready. Cleaned the stove and polished all the Stainless Steel appliances. All I have to do now is give the Bathrooms a quick clean and I can relax for bit. Dinner is pretty easy to prepare the hardest is to flour and bread the Filet of sole for frying. Since it is only 3 of us it is on the easy side. No baking this year but maybe an Onion Pie for New Years.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sorry, but wtf is an onion pie?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry, but wtf is an onion pie?
I had to look that up as I've never had an onion pie. Sounds interesting and tasty.

1608841526483.png

Old Italians can call it Calzone but it is Sauted Onions in Extra Virgin Onlive Oil with Garlic, Basil and Plum Tomatoes, You roll the dough out as thin as you like and load it up with the mixture, then a layer a grated Pecorino Roman or Parmesan Cheese before you put the top on. For an extra authentic Italian Dish you cut thin slices of Black Olives.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That is similar but not what I make. I use yellow onions.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Merry Christmas everyone!
Kind of an emotional day here. But Christmas cheer is alive and well in my house. The turkey is cooking, the table is set for a nice mid day dinner with my wife and her parents. And there's presents to be handed out. Oh, pie and cookies, lots of cookies. Home made butterscotch pie, and a home made Apple pie. My wife loves to cook and bake. And I made fudge. I've already gained like ten pounds over the last two days...

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep waiting for a phone call that I know will not come. My mom always calls me Christmas morning to wish me merry Christmas and tell me that she and dad love me. It's hard. Trying to spread holiday love and cheer and be with close family right now. Otherwise I'd be a total train wreck.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fun fun here today. Her BIL was setting out in the kitchen on the phone. Directly he tells his friend on the other end, "gotta go a bit hold on. Got an issue." He then yells at his wife "I need that f**king water now".

He then hops up, "never fucking mind, I'll get it". He then stormily goes and gets it. The thought in my head as having been a trained firefighter was "oh, I'd help" but considering his language, attitude, demeanor ... nah, the house can burn for all I care.

The flue of the wood stove apparently got hot enough it set the wood studded and drywall wall on fire. The water he wanted was the bucket in the bathroom. So after two or three buckets of water he apologizes to his wife, "sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out."

Um, .... *sitting here shaking my head*

Of course, having lived rural, used wood stoves nearly all my life, ... I would have thought he would have heat shielded the wall around the metal flue. *shaking my head* To borrow Christy's papaw's expression ... "man, I never seen the like."

Not really funny, but damn it I'm gonna laugh at his stupidity anyway. Why? Well, considering I could brew and simmer with anger, being confounded, and back to anger ... um, but no, he's not getting that control. Ah the joys of being the better man ....*smh*

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
MMM that sounds delicious

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have my Smoked Ham in the Oven and just waiting around right now. Found that Windows 10 would not allow me to connect to Networked Computers running XP. Love how they disable Protocols in Service for years. Could not even run Net View from a command prompt~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have to enable SMB V1 and a few other things to get this laptop to do what I need. Microsoft decides to disable these tools and I am glad I found out before I was Onsite and could not use simple Command Line Functions~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wife has a new laptop. She's working on getting set up. Part of that is either dual booting Linux & Windows or wiping Windows off for Linux.

Around 8:00 PM here I had gotten interested in WWE's NXT wrestling show. She hands up a flash drive asking if my computer can see it. On the drive she has a Debian live install set up.

Her Windows isn't playing well to install Debian. Could I when I had time to spare, fetch her another live install and set the drive up to work, she asked. Well, right away I head over to debian DOT org.

I locate a live install dot iso file & begin the download. I also format her usb drive to be fat 32 and give it a boot-able flag. Then, I go find the bash command line way to put the iso over unto the usb.

Meanwhile I've lost track in the wrestling show. Tell her I'll watch it tomorrow via Hulu. She fusses that I could have waited until it was off.

My response is that I think she's got me confused for someone else. We both knew I meant her BIL, who has not fixed the toilet completely yet. We still need to use a bucket of drawn hot water to flush it.

Think he got the bathroom feed pipe fixed, but obviously the toilet tank is shut off. Not sure of the logic behind it. Not my monkey, not my mess, not mine to understand. What I understand is he's the type you sell for what he thinks he's worth and hope you don't get caught defrauding someone.

Any given this is how he does stuff, half a**ed, or it's a big fracking drama with him pi**ed off over having to do something. Usually it's a combination of these. This is why I rather slit my throat as to ask him for sh*t.

Usually, if I'm asked to do something I got it done by the time it takes to ask. I say usually because there exists those rare times I might be occupied doing something (of import) and need to pause. Which after pausing I get right to what is asked and try doing it to the best of my ability/capacity and correctly/properly/right, in full. There's also the grinding tasks which take longer than the asking to accomplish.

That's who and what I am, the better man. I'm learning too I'm too passionate and I care too d*mn much. Learning though the selective art of not giving a frack. After all trying to be Super Man winds up leaving me being Silly Man. Sometimes Silly Man can be Monstrously Evil Man and no one really likes him because he's also Maliciously Messy Man.

That's the narrow path I walk. And if you've not seen it from my choice of mods and vaping gear I'm also spartan in my fashion/no fashion sense. I wear clothes that suit utilitarian purpose and are comfortable. I don't give a rat's behind if people guffaw and whisper I'm twenty years out of style. That also goes for everything in life for me.

(Sometimes Christy, my wife, will fuss I seem a slob. *ahem* In my defense if I feel half inclined I can clean up and real sharp to boot. My point though is I often don't care to impress with my appearance. Figure you can take me as I am if I'm taking you (general case you) as you are.)

Me and her went out this evening too. She needed to get her mom a hair brush for Christmas. She'll get her dad a case of coffee pods later, after Christmas for his Christmas. The nephews will each get $20 instead of Steam cards.

While out I spent a bit of the near $100 I wound up having in cash, me with any cash is a rarity. Put a $5 on the table for a tip at Bob Evan's. The service was good, the food was edible, the restaurant was busy but as clean as could be considering. It was worth the tip. We had a nice supper.

Me and her have lived poor. We don't go hog wild when we do have extra though. Yes we may get something modest, new, or new to us but we don't go after the brass ring of stuff. We just are not materialistic, neither of us, nor are we completely ethereal beings.

Yep, you got it. We walk a narrow path in life. Sometimes I wind up feeling mediocre in a negative way. Other times I'm so happy to be middle of the road I could be a tickled pig. This too is why I often feel under dressed, out of place and even so with the out of place. Could I change? Maybe but rather stay myself. If you cannot be you, who do you be?

Sorry if this was a bit long and rambling, though again, been told it's alright to be me here. So, yep being me. I write/talk/say what I need and it takes as much or little as it needs to say/write/talk. I'm learning to not talk so much as I'm rather more of a doer and besides I usually haven't much to relate of great value to others with talk. My value is in the doing. Well, ... "said enough, said too much". :)

Everyone have a Merry Ol' Time, stay safe. :)

Merry Christmas! Love you! :hug::hug::hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Sorry I’m late, but tell your mom I hope she has a great birthday and a very blessed and Merry Christmas.

VU Sponsors