Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is different in the IT World if you touch something that is from a different Vendor they always blame the Unauthorized Hands.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
AM TRYING REALLY HARD to NOT REMINISCE HERE!!!
ooooooooo da storys i could tell

so change of topic
whachagonnado today?

me LAUNDRY,,, even sounds more fun now den reminiscing.

and my dryers broken.
so gotta hang it on hangers off hooks in the basement by the heat pump

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It is different in the IT World if you touch something that is from a different Vendor they always blame the Unauthorized Hands.

In a couple of my jobs in the past, I was responsible for managing telephone systems. Talk about blaming "the other guy," those telecom companies are MASTERS at it. Between Rolm/IBM (manufacturer of our telephone switch), BTI (our toll-free and direct inward dial providers), and Southern Bell, it could take weeks to get someone to just admit a problem was coming from their equipment or software.

In MMM's case, the teacher was "there to work" also. If it doesn't make any difference who does what, then why didn't the teacher just fix the ice machine herself/himself? That's ridiculous.

The unfortunate thing is that, being new in a job, sometimes you have to just zip yer lips and give polite answers, even if the requests are ridiculous. After you have some time and experience behind you, you can be a little more direct.

I've been wanting to say that I'm proud as hell of @MyMagicMist for going out and finding a job. I think it's exceptional, and not the easiest thing in the world to do with all the Covid mess going on right now. Sounds like West Virginia is doing a bang-up job at getting vaccines rolled out, too, which is another incredible and impressive thing.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
AM TRYING REALLY HARD to NOT REMINISCE HERE!!!
ooooooooo da storys i could tell

so change of topic
whachagonnado today?

me LAUNDRY,,, even sounds more fun now den reminiscing.

and my dryers broken.
so gotta hang it on hangers off hooks in the basement by the heat pump
Too bad we don't live closer... My washer is broke, but the dryer works.... :cool:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Too bad we don't live closer... My washer is broke, but the dryer works.... :cool:
I like how you think.
and yep @MyMagicMist is bound to get a house of his own for sure.
I've been wanting to say that I'm proud as hell of @MyMagicMist for going out and finding a job. I think it's exceptional, and not the easiest thing in the world to do with all the Covid mess going on right now. Sounds like West Virginia is doing a bang-up job at getting vaccines rolled out, too, which is another incredible and impressive thing.
shes right,, not the easiest thing to do.
yet you proved Doable...

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been wanting to say that I'm proud as hell of @MyMagicMist for going out and finding a job. I think it's exceptional, and not the easiest thing in the world to do with all the Covid mess going on right now.

Thank you. Glad you're proud. :)

Will admit it was a bit selfish on my part. I want to help my wife get our place. I also like having my own spending money. :) Not that I directly take out much for disposable.

I don't think $2,400 out of $23,000 yearly is excessive. Yep, I take out $200 per month for my spending money. Might not spend it all right away either. Might tuck it back, roll it over to buy something nice.

The rest is banked. She can use it but if she doesn't need it, it is used toward our place. May end up paying cash for our place and skip a mortgage.

Hm, $20,000 a year at 5 years is $100,000. But then consider she can bank that too. Possible we could see 100 k in two years. Not chickening my count because we all know that never does well. Only pondering just a smidge.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey we haven't heard from @Rhianne in a few days~! Oh Diane~!

I couldn’t get on Tappy. It would either buffer or cut out. Finally tonight I was able to get here. Phew.
giphy.gif

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you. Glad you're proud. :)

Will admit it was a bit selfish on my part. I want to help my wife get our place. I also like having my own spending money. :) Not that I directly take out much for disposable.

I don't think $2,400 out of $23,000 yearly is excessive. Yep, I take out $200 per month for my spending money. Might not spend it all right away either. Might tuck it back, roll it over to buy something nice.

The rest is banked. She can use it but if she doesn't need it, it is used toward our place. May end up paying cash for our place and skip a mortgage.

Hm, $20,000 a year at 5 years is $100,000. But then consider she can bank that too. Possible we could see 100 k in two years. Not chickening my count because we all know that never does well. Only pondering just a smidge.

Hopefully you'll soon have another stimulus check coming. Don't forget about that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hopefully you'll soon have another stimulus check coming. Don't forget about that.

Not forgetting. I'm highly grateful for it. Might take $400 & see if I can find a nice bow. May not use it right away but dag nab it, want a means to hunt effectively, besides which I enjoy target archery.

Don't figure my witch would complain. Not one to go buying up frivolities. Wouldn't shop for clothes if I didn't need.

Ah, next item to get, a loom. Ha!

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So had to go to 2 different Walmart's to get my Propel Waters. First they had them at one location and when my Pick Up Order was ready the canceled the 12 packs. So I ordered them again this time at a store that had NO Stock when I made the first order~! Got canceled again not because of out of stock but due to High Demand~! WTF? I Demand they sell them to me~! Found the 12 packs now at the closest Location to me but waited until 10AM today to get the email ready for Pick Up~! So my morning was spent driving all over the place.

In the End I have 84 bottles.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So had to go to 2 different Walmart's to get my Propel Waters. First they had them at one location and when my Pick Up Order was ready the canceled the 12 packs. So I ordered them again this time at a store that had NO Stock when I made the first order~! Got canceled again not because of out of stock but due to High Demand~! WTF? I Demand they sell them to me~! Found the 12 packs now at the closest Location to me but waited until 10AM today to get the email ready for Pick Up~! So my morning was spent driving all over the place.

In the End I have 84 bottles.
Take tap water, add a multivitamin and liqueur of your choice.... :giggle:
I spent the morning trying to register for the ability to schedule an appointment for the vax..after three frustrating hours registering I try for an appt. . only to find "none available".... :gaah::cuss2::gaah::cuss2:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been debating whether to post these videos on the Porch. But, I saw that ajvapes was trying to set up an appointment for the vaxx, so I decided to go ahead and post 'em.
Having more information is better than not having it ;) . You might already know.

If you don't believe in Yahusha (Christ)... don't pay attention to those parts or no matter what political side you are on... continue to watch.

Yes, the videos are quite long, but I hope everyone will take the time to watch them...please don't disregard them because of them being lengthy.

@SteveS45 , please let me know if you don't want the videos here, I'll delete them.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been debating whether to post these videos on the Porch. But, I saw that ajvapes was trying to set up an appointment for the vaxx, so I decided to go ahead and post 'em.
Having more information is better than not having it ;) . You might already know.

If you don't believe in Yahusha (Christ)... don't pay attention to those parts or no matter what political side you are on... continue to watch.

Yes, the videos are quite long, but I hope everyone will take the time to watch them...please don't disregard them because of them being lengthy.

@SteveS45 , please let me know if you don't want the videos here, I'll delete them.

I heard the other day that an 87 Year Old man received the Vaccine and was Dead 25 Minutes later.

@2WhiteWolves feel free to post whatever you you want as long as the Moderators do not have a problem I shouldn't The only person who ever posted here that I had a problem with was the Commie.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I heard the other day that an 87 Year Old man received the Vaccine and was Dead 25 Minutes later.

@2WhiteWolves feel free to post whatever you you want as long as the Moderators do not have a problem I shouldn't The only person who ever posted here that I had a problem with was the Commie.
Thank you, Steve :hug:

On the one video "Looking Into The Lives Of 81 People" she was going through the list of people and the poor woman that doesn't have control over her body (pretty sure it was shown on this video) , I started crying. It's heart breaking what those people are going through and for those who have lost their loved ones :cry:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

well its so simple.. its icons so if ya don't wanna read it just scroll on by...
just like da tv if i don't like the movie i change the channel.
there is to much saddness in the world already with out getting in a squabble about it all.'

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thinking out loud here, something I would really like seeing in our schools here. The video below ought to expound upon why.

Unfortunately two subjects bar me from inquiring on getting one. First, been told that B.O.E. follows the rule "if it makes sense they don't do it". Second, you need to ask for a price, which I figure would eliminate employees to budget for buying one.

Still, hot dog just look how it gets the work done in 1/3 the time. Look at the sparkling results. Look at the custodian not wrenching out their back to scrub a toilet bowl with a brush or Scotch Brite sponge. They have other videos showing how it can clean hallways, classrooms. It's nearly an all in one unit, all you need to do is take out the trash.

Imagine two custodians per school, one running the Kaivac, the other getting the trash & restocking. As it is a bathroom can take up to fifteen to thirty minutes, depending. So go to five to ten minutes, maybe fifteen on a hallway. You could see a hallway and two bathrooms done in thirty-five minutes.

That can run me an hour to hour and a half depending now. We use a handy trick of sweeping out classrooms into the hall and sweeping the hall down as we go. Dust mops do okay but gee, this vac would get everything. All in I obviously think it makes sense, seems a "good" idea.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Confirmation of payment received and a Thank You sent~!

Bills paid for next month and I ordered new Trip Springs for my Plow~! Spent another $70 but shit the springs I am going to replace are 40 plus years old~! I guess I got my monies worth out of them huh?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just Scoured the Bathroom and washed the Kitchen and Dinette floors.

Gosh, hadn't intended anyone to go into a cleaning fit. *chuckles*

We've a bathroom here I'm not touching. For one thing the toilet has so much sediment build up I would fear dropping in some Kaboom or CLR for melting the toilet itself away. Secondly, I've gotten the trash out from it twice.

Sure, I am a custodian in job title. That doesn't imply in any way that I simply live to clean all the time.

Sure, I've no sense of smell. This does not mean I do not feel sense of uncleanness from needing to handle mess.

Sure, I'm not the only able bodied adult who puts trash in the bathroom can. Besides me and wife there two other such adults living here who make liberal use of that trash can.

Sure, fair is fair until its not. This is pretty self evident and straight forward.

So Hell can freeze over, thaw out and refreeze before I touch that bathroom again.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am pretty sure that is only one of the skills you have acquired over the years.

Have forgotten the basic NBC training I got nearly 30 years ago. Did have certification to act as ground crew landing agent for a Life Line type of helicopter. Had EMT certs, at one point CNA. Know how to split, rick firewood. Have aided in building structures, plumbing, electrical. ...

In short you're quite correct, there is a lot I have done & garnered experience from. Not much of it of value currently. Lots of it I would need to re-certify. Not sure now how CPR goes presently. The basics are still there though and I'm sure in a pinch, that would do.

Currently I'm qualified as custodian II. That's my main focus. If I go full time I might get to custodian IV. That just means you get to do the paperwork, supplies inventory. Oh joy. *chuckles* Full time though where I am has a real nice benefits package.

I might go look into a few courses on something at the Vo-Tech here. Get papers for completing something it earns you more as a custodian here. One lady has an unused business degree earning her a few bucks more hourly.

We're already paid $5 an hour over the national average. Nobody wants to be a custodian, they need a nice incentive plan. That paired with a decent crew makes it hard to pass over for "good honest work".

I had fun the other day in one of the elementary schools. At this one two classrooms share a small hall that houses two toilet rooms and a common sink. So, I come from one class and checked the bathrooms. Had my trash cart and was coming through the other classroom. One of the boys asked, "who are you?"

"Custodian."

The teacher at her desk caught the reference, chuckled. I did too as I come by and out the door. And yes, it does kind of feel odd to consider all I've done and to now be simply, "custodian". It's not a negative odd feeling, just a bit funny. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors