! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes it does IMO because I sue the same cup every morning~!
I agree too, been usin the same one every day for 5 years now:giggle:
I was in Toronto for business 20 some years ago and had time to go to the Hockey Hall of Fame. I bought a coffee cup there and it's been my daily for that long!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the 32 oz one and it’s about six years old now. I think it will likely outlast me.
Changing subject but with good purpose.

Pulled a 1 P to 9 P shift at "Eastwood", which is Rav------- Gra--- school. We all call it Eastwood as it sits off Eastwood road. Another is Gilmore, we dubbed it Happy.

At Eastwood they stage the students/kids in the cafeteria prior to getting on buses for home. One little girl walked back and hugged her teachers. I was standing off to one side, after she got her teachers she bee lined to me.

I put my hand about the middle of her shoulders and give her a very gentle hug. The teachers looked toward us with apprehension, but not that I was out of line. No, they were concerned I was going to go to pieces & i nearly did.

Messaged my wife later. Asked if really needed a 70K a year job. Explained the priceless gift I had today. She agreed the bigger payday was nice but we could manage on us both bringing in about 30K a year.

Later she told me to have patience. Told her that just when a person thinks it's crap, life sneaks in those brief wonderful moments. She chuckled, "sounds like you're staying where you are, huh?"

Reckon so.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have the 32 oz one and it’s about six years old now. I think it will likely outlast me.

I have a 14 oz Yeti Rambler, with a handle, for coffee; and a 30 oz RTIC tumbler, with an add-on handle that I bought separately, for cold drinks.

I drink my coffee so slowly that it would always go completely cold before I drank it all. Don't have that problem now. (Hubbs gave me the Yeti for Christmas a couple of years ago, after a good friend of his gave him one for Christmas the year before.)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use four mugs/cups... One for each season. Going to find a new winter one, this one is a little small, need one that is bigger. The fall one is small too, but I've only had it for a couple yrs, so going to wait for a couple /few yrs before getting another one.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Changing subject but with good purpose.

Pulled a 1 P to 9 P shift at "Eastwood", which is Rav------- Gra--- school. We all call it Eastwood as it sits off Eastwood road. Another is Gilmore, we dubbed it Happy.

At Eastwood they stage the students/kids in the cafeteria prior to getting on buses for home. One little girl walked back and hugged her teachers. I was standing off to one side, after she got her teachers she bee lined to me.

I put my hand about the middle of her shoulders and give her a very gentle hug. The teachers looked toward us with apprehension, but not that I was out of line. No, they were concerned I was going to go to pieces & i nearly did.

Messaged my wife later. Asked if really needed a 70K a year job. Explained the priceless gift I had today. She agreed the bigger payday was nice but we could manage on us both bringing in about 30K a year.

Later she told me to have patience. Told her that just when a person thinks it's crap, life sneaks in those brief wonderful moments. She chuckled, "sounds like you're staying where you are, huh?"

Reckon so.
Love it when one good moment of a day can have such an affect on life.

I don't know exactly when it was, three or four yrs ago, maybe. Took my nephew to the local pizzeria. The waitress was getting hammered, so I was helping her clear the tables off. After all the tables were cleaned, I got seated and ordered. When she brought the pizza out she also brought two cookies :) . Having lunch with nephew was great, but the two cookies made it even better.
Nothing big, but it's a special moment I won't forget.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did just that today.

Today was one of those weird & kooky days, too. I had to go to Parkersburg to see my pusher man, erm, endocrinologist. My testosterone numbers were not good at all. Insurance has been playing catch 22 in getting my doses.

So he wants me to get logs. First of all I go two places to get my shots. The nurses giving them are required by law to log them. One spot is affiliated with the medical group he's part of, the other can get records faxed with a phone call.

Not like his secretaries cannot make a phone call. How else does he explain their calling me to give appointment reminders? (Aside rant: People don't do their fraking jobs anymore. Argh. Rant over)

My medication was at one point listed as something not life threatening. I've been told though that it is indeed direly life threatening. What the what has changed? No one explained that. They still insist though it is to "improve the quality of your life".

Told my wife for all the hassle/s involved with it, I feel very tempted to stop it altogether. It improves no quality of my life for the hassle/s. I go get berated by some pusher every three to six months, go get bone density tested, another doc worrying over my kidneys. And yes, testosterone can effect kidneys.

Has anyone started putting that together? No one says crap. Here I am made to feel a criminal because I was born different. Yeah, Un F that with a capital UN.

So me and father in law get back into car. We're trying to decide on a lunch spot. On the radio:

America -- Horse With No Name

It's a song me and him gravitate to for various reasons, some simple, others complex. Suffice it to say the song fits being a theme for us.

We decide on a greasy spoon called Mary B's. "It's the place you got to Be." We both figured meatloaf, mashed taters, gravy, coffee. "Sorry honies, meatloaf is Tuesdays only." she then tells us that no, "we ain't playing that game today, it's Thursday all day." Right away we both flip back to the special board, pork loin or some pork. We both get it, coffee, mashed taters, gravy, slaw.

Yep, classic Blue Plate Americana. :)

On the way up we had talked of the looming weather. I thought it might kick up around us. Coming back home we saw about four to six U-Dot trucks rallying for impending.

Me in passenger seat: "Oh no, don't listen to the old man. he never knows what he's talking about. ... You think I'm stupid enough to not listen, better go pop."

Him driving: *chuckles & reaches over giving me a gentle shoulder punch*

So yep, a kooky day. *chuckles* Got a coffee despite the lemons. :)

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
Did just that today.

Today was one of those weird & kooky days, too. I had to go to Parkersburg to see my pusher man, erm, endocrinologist. My testosterone numbers were not good at all. Insurance has been playing catch 22 in getting my doses.

So he wants me to get logs. First of all I go two places to get my shots. The nurses giving them are required by law to log them. One spot is affiliated with the medical group he's part of, the other can get records faxed with a phone call.

Not like his secretaries cannot make a phone call. How else does he explain their calling me to give appointment reminders?

My medication was at one point listed as something not life threatening. I've been told though that it is indeed direly life threatening. What the what has changed? No one explained that. They still insist though it is to "improve the quality of your life".

Told my wife for all the hassle/s involved with it, I feel very tempted to stop it altogether. It improves no quality of my life for the hassle/s. i go get berated by some pusher every three to six months, go get bone density tested, another doc worrying over my kidneys. And yes, testosterone can effect kidneys.

Has anyone started putting that together? No one says crap. Here I am made to feel a criminal because I was born different. Yeah, Un F that with a capital UN.
i had a very low testosterone level and my cell count was low, coupled with the fact i only have one kidney, it was a bad situation. then i had my heart attack that totally wiped out a valve which put me in itc for a decent time. all this was going on as i am allredy battling cancer for the past 15 month.
however i had flow tests for prostate and what was happening was the tube from my bladder to my dick was squashed which meant i was never fully emptying my bladder resulting in bloating and coffee coloured urine. so camera down my bit, a attachment that stretched the tube, followed by a toilet trip lasting a long long time. after further tests my I am a spammer ban me was back up, flow rate great and water like lemonade and my cancer had not hit down there.
i am due in around march for more cancer treatment so we shall see if i can kick its aaa.

good luck buddy.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i had a very low testosterone level and my cell count was low, coupled with the fact i only have one kidney, it was a bad situation. then i had my heart attack that totally wiped out a valve which put me in itc for a decent time. all this was going on as i am allredy battling cancer for the past 15 month.
however i had flow tests for prostate and what was happening was the tube from my bladder to my dick was squashed which meant i was never fully emptying my bladder resulting in bloating and coffee coloured urine. so camera down my bit, a attachment that stretched the tube, followed by a toilet trip lasting a long long time. after further tests my I am a spammer ban me was back up, flow rate great and water like lemonade and my cancer had not hit down there.
i am due in around march for more cancer treatment so we shall see if i can kick its aaa.

good luck buddy.

My deal with testosterone has been life long since I was around 23 to 28 years old. I cannot recall the exact year I first was diagnosed. Been a while back and there's a lot of mixed emotions, thoughts, double thoughts on it.

This is what has caused me to not have a sense of smell. My pituitary did not tell my brain to make olfactory nerves (the nerves which cause a sense of smell) while an embryo (joey) or at birth.

Due to the KS ( Kallmann Syndrome ) I was also deemed a reject, "unfit" for military service. At least that's what I was told at age 20. Never mind anything I may or may not have done from age 17 or so, unoffically. Of course, I may have been anywhere with some guys playing weekend warrior too. Who knows?

What I do know is I fit in with certain types way too easily. Never been called anything but earned being known as a dog. This is why work is work to me and the muscle memory, training, template professionalism let it all roll on with me.

I fit everywhere but nowhere. Well, actually I fit in my wife's arms by my critter kids.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
My deal with testosterone has been life long since I was around 23 to 28 years old. I cannot recall the exact year I first was diagnosed. Been a while back and there's a lot of mixed emotions, thoughts, double thoughts on it.

This is what has caused me to not have a sense of smell. My pituitary did not tell my brain to make olfactory nerves (the nerves which cause a sense of smell) while an embryo (joey) or at birth.
sometimes not having a sense of smell might come in handy buddy, lol (just joking) it would have been a lot worse if it was sense of taste.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
when i went to get the snip after having 3 daughters, the doctor asked if he could publisk photos of my dick to the medical journal!! stunned i asked why? the answer shocked me, i had 2 sperm tubes instead in one and they were a larger diameter. so instead od 10cc of sperm i was producing 21cc. no londer my then wife complained about the wet patch lol he had been doing snipping for 40 years and had heard about it but never seen it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sometimes not having a sense of smell might come in handy buddy, lol (just joking) it would have been a lot worse if it was sense of taste.

Well actually, ... *chuckles* I really don't have much sense of taste either. Seems it and smell are interlinked like that. I love the umami flavor and sweet things. Mainly I enjoy food textures since I cannot smell & only barely taste. I get bitter, sour, tangy, salty, spicy. But to me these are all simply basic tastes.

For example I get no difference between gator meat and Angus beef, unless the chef/cook knows specifically what they're doing. Meat to me is spongy, wet and bland in a way. I like Lawry's seasoning for it and garlic bread.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
Well actually, ... *chuckles* I really don't have much sense of taste either. Seems it and smell are interlinked like that. I love the umami flavor and sweet things. Mainly I enjoy food textures since i cannot smell & only barely taste. I get bitter, sour, tangy, salty, spicy. But to me these are all simply basic tastes. For example I get no difference between gator meat and Angus beef, unless the chef/cook knows specifically what they're doing. Meat to me is spongy, wet and bland in a way. I like Lowery's seasoning for it and garlic bread.
sometimes its hard not to feel sorry for yourself untill like me you see a young girl in a electric wheelchair steering it with her chin because she had no arms. that is so heartbreaking.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i would settle for one smile at the moment.
i had 2 sperm tubes instead in one and they were a larger diameter. so instead od 10cc of sperm i was producing 21cc.

See that? You got all my sperm bud. Part of my condition is I barely produce sperm. That I do make doesn't live well enough to fertilize anyone. I'll never sire a human child, at least not naturally. I don't need "protection" for that, or "snipped". I'm biologically sterile.

But yeah, now I know where all my sperm went. :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sometimes its hard not to feel sorry for yourself untill like me you see a young girl in a electric wheelchair steering it with her chin because she had no arms. that is so heartbreaking.

That's just It, I've never really "stopped" long enough to "feel sorry" for me. I'm just stating realistic fact here. I usually don't get too bothered over it. What irks me is the damn doctors acting all high and mighty, putting patients like myself down. I didn't ask to be born as I was born. I have to accept it though. I'm not a criminal because of it.

I make people jealous because they see me, someone who ought not be able, go do impossible things. They won't even dare to do the possible. So, they take it out on me.

And I got a buddy who will live his life in a chair, a few actually. The one I'm thinking of at the moment is a child. He may grow older but I fear he'll never grow bigger. Love working at his school during lunch time, seeing his smile.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
See that? You got all my sperm bud. Part of my condition is I barely produce sperm. That I do make doesn't live well enough to fertilize anyone. I'll never sire a human child, at least not naturally. I don't need "protection" for that, or "snipped". I'm biologically sterile.

But yeah, now I know where all my sperm went. :D
good one lol pleased you kept your humor buddy.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

good luck buddy.
Good luck buddy, hope it goes well.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
That's just It, I've never really "stopped" long enough to "feel sorry" for me. I'm just stating realistic fact here. I usually don't get too bothered over it. What irks me is the damn doctors acting all high and mighty, putting patients like myself down. I didn't ask to be born as I was born. I have to accept it though. I'm not a criminal because of it.

I make people jealous because they see me, someone who ought not be able, go do impossible things. They won't even dare to do the possible. So, they take it out on me.

And I got a buddy who will live his life in a chair, a few actually. The one I'm thinking of at the moment is a child. He may grow older but I fear he'll never grow bigger. Love working at his school during lunch time, seeing his smile.
your a good man, keep it going buddy

VU Sponsors