ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
3879723e0971a7393375881481d27088.gif

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bought a little fountain for the those amazing little flyers we call Hummingbirds. They will be abke to fly through the water. Unfortunately, the tub leaked and so far no Hummingbirds :(
Taking it back, today and getting another one that's a little bigger. The new one will sit on top of an iron wood rack that my dad (step dad) welded together. It won't be as cute, and will have to find something that won't rust to place the fountain on, it at suction cups on the bottom of it. Than a couple of other things to put down in the tub so birdies will be able to sit on, get a drink, take a bath and relax :)VideoCapture_20230421-113846.jpg
The fountain is solar powered and changes color :cool:
VideoCapture_20230421-114307.jpgVideoCapture_20230421-114524.jpg

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought a little fountain for the those amazing little flyers we call Hummingbirds. They will be abke to fly through the water. Unfortunately, the tub leaked and so far no Hummingbirds :(
Taking it back, today and getting another one that's a little bigger. The new one will sit on top of an iron wood rack that my dad (step dad) welded together. It won't be as cute, and will have to find something that won't rust to place the fountain on, it at suction cups on the bottom of it. Than a couple of other things to put down in the tub so birdies will be able to sit on, get a drink, take a bath and relax :)View attachment 203943
The fountain is solar powered and changes color :cool:
View attachment 203944View attachment 203945
That's really cool, thank you for sharing

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Please excuse my blank staring off into space. Rather confused this morning. Last night, my wife explained she had had to "push" me into jobs & she felt I was a burden and has felt such a long time.

Today is our twenty-third anniversary. Last night, I slept in our extra bedroom with our cat. She slept in what was our bed, in what was our room. I chose to sleep over here because, well, I didn't want to burden her bed.

Seems to me that would be something one brought up sooner than letting it fester. Also seems to me, even with our recent financial adversities, there's no call for speaking what cannot be unspoken like that. Especially when yesterday she figured out we both got paid right before rent was due.

I asked her later after she said I was burden if I had ever done anything right the whole time we've been together. She's not responded or answered that. Thought we were a team, together and doing well, at least well enough. Serves me right for thinking, I guess. I just don't know. *smh wearily*

I feel as though I've tried to live up to being her ideal man. She knew me well enough before we got married. We were together five years before. If she had had concerns, ... Oh, well. As I said, don't know, ...

Her argument now is I ought to "step up" and be the "provider" archetype, whenever I tried doing, so she would castigate me and say she would handle things. After trying to do so much and feeling castrated in the effort, I got tired of trying. Why bother if it isn't seemed wanted, or seems to always be wrong and not to suit? ... I don't know, ...

She asks my opinion on things, A or B. I'll say, and she does the opposite anyway. And no it's not merely female prerogative, or cutesy. It's her blatantly showing me disrespect. Why even bother to ask if you're doing what you want anyway? ... I don't know, ...

I've compromised the whole way. My job at BK didn't suit, I got a job in a supermarket, that didn't suit, went to the poultry plant, that kind of flopped from me, but it still didn't suit. I was ready to be an EMT, that didn't suit, had jobs elsewhere which didn't suit. We moved here to WV to be near her mom. Gee, what of my mom? Isn't family, family? She's not "pushed" either, merely told me she needed help with bills. I found work, worked. ... I don't know, ...

The thing is I'm real easy, erm, um ... to get along with, yep, that's it. ;) I don't care if she works, don't care if she earns more, don't care too much regarding what she fixes as meals. When people talk of loving others, it is rare the word unconditional is used. That's my love for her. And no, I'm not "simp-ing" for her. I do like for her to keep bills up, do a few other wife type things. I do see her as a person, warts and all. I still love her. I don't try changing her, I don't push her, ... I don't know, ...

I do know the above is TMI. Apologies, merely venting and feeling confused.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, after some lengthy conversation, it has been decided. She says it is alright, we live together. We have trouble being married. The agreement is, we do not gel together as a team.

Neither of us is right or wrong. We simply just don't make a team and in that we end up being viciously nasty toward each other. I don't want to change her and nor she me. We respect one another enough, love one another enough to accept each other warts and all.

Maybe marriage is better left for those creating human children? Her point of view is we were not working toward a common end. We get along very well together, just not married. Bring marriage into it and we, ... um, get really messed up. We cannot reconcile, save to say agreeing we don't make a married team.

Once we can "get there", I think we'll have a no contested divorce on irreconcilable differences. It will be amicable, and I think we'll stay friends. We just cannot be married. Like she said, after twenty-three years married, we ought to have become more cohesive. Instead, we still go along good a while, then have nasty blow ups. It's not working, no matter what we try different, and there's no magic bullet.

We both got our faults, strengths. Bringing that together isn't there. We are not giving up but seeing realism, practicality. No point to keep hurting each other if being married makes us both unhappy.

ETA: We spoke again today. Seems we have resolved upon a reset. In our talk, we discovered both of us felt efforts undermined. Her efforts due to foundations being pulled away. My efforts for lacking clear goal lines, a blueprint.

She was building from ground up. I was seeing the larger house built. From that, we both ended up lost. Communication left the build site. Admitted I had been stupid. Had not seen our home is where we are. It dawned upon me from a cheap little sign and door hook she bought.

"Little things mean worlds."

The sign reads "Home".

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I filled 2 compost barrels out of the garden, turned it over and planted my Beans in the garden. On the back patio I planted the Tomatoes, Pickling Cucumbers and some Bell Pepper Seeds in buckets. In case we get a frost I will just move them near the fire pit and light a fire~! Now time for a shower since I was in the dirt and compost I feel dirty~! Ha Hah~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning my Porch Dwelling friends~!

I have been up for a few hours now and I had to water plus I was transplanting some of the privacy bushes against the new fence. I found the bushes we use have a very shallow root system so I removed a few behind the shed to hopefully cover the whole backyard fence into the school yard.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning porch goers! Tomorrow wife and I are heading to Hilton Head Island for a week to get away and recharge. It's been BC (Before Covid) that I've had a real vacation.

Hope you have a great time on vacation! It's a great time to visit that area. It's not so stifling hot yet. Just be cautious if it rains, because the roads can flood in about ten minutes of hard rain.

(Used to live in Savannah. Similar weather. )

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Good morning porch goers! Tomorrow wife and I are heading to Hilton Head Island for a week to get away and recharge. It's been BC (Before Covid) that I've had a real vacation.
great news jimmi, really enjoy yourself my friend, by the way, your godgoat is a daddy.

VU Sponsors