ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
h%C3%A9tf%C5%91.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got a question about cell/smartphones.

Got new Revel 6 to replace a Motorola. The Motorola was dropping calls I made out, and not ringing in calls when they came in. The calls went directly to voice mail. This resulted in me missing calls.

Ha! The Revel 6 is also not ringing calls in. I'm on my wife's service as a second line. She keeps abreast of the bills. Every setting on both phones were correct, double and triple checked. Cannot figure out why this keeps happening.

Any ideas?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got a question about cell/smartphones.

Got new Revel 6 to replace a Motorola. The Motorola was dropping calls I made out, and not ringing in calls when they came in. The calls went directly to voice mail. This resulted in me missing calls.

Ha! The Revel 6 is also not ringing calls in. I'm on my wife's service as a second line. She keeps abreast of the bills. Every setting on both phones were correct, double and triple checked. Cannot figure out why this keeps happening.

Any ideas?

Check you haven't accidentally enbled Do Not Disturb, Check Settings/Notifications/Sounds

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Already done. Wife suggested turning Wi-Fi off. Just did that and we'll see. -- Unless, of course, I've missed out on all the "assignments" for the day.

Even if you have WiFi calling enabled it should still ring. Stupid question did it ever ring? Can you hear any other sounds? Try turning on vibrate for calls.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My old iPhone has a teeny little button on it that mutes all sound. Could it be something like that?

Also, how long has the phone been turned on since its last restart? Sometimes my Samsung will stop getting messages and calls if it hasn't been restarted recently.

If your wife calls you, does it ring through?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even if you have WiFi calling enabled it should still ring. Stupid question did it ever ring? Can you hear any other sounds? Try turning on vibrate for calls.
Yep, got it working after rebooting. Got called out for a multi-day job. Wed-Fri 3-11P at P--g High. That call come in about 9:30 tonight. Work Tue-Thu at Gabe's of a morning. Wed & Thu will need to pull 12 hrs out of 24, Fri will only be 8. Going to get lunches ready. Both places got fridges, I can stash food in.

Vibrate for calls always seems on. Hmm, ... Anywho, think it just needed a reboot cycling.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My old iPhone has a teeny little button on it that mutes all sound. Could it be something like that?
Not that I'm aware.

Also, how long has the phone been turned on since its last restart?
It had been too long. *grin*

If your wife calls you, does it ring through?
No, it didn't for her either.

Think rebooting got it sorted. Will need to recall to reboot more often. Keep thinking Android is just Java over Linux but guess there's a bit more to it. I never really reboot my Linux desktop, rarely.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*fades in standing on the porch, rolls gila suit back, refills squonk bottle and swaps out a charged battery, drops squonk bottle ... stands looking befuddled* Damn air colored gila suit, I lose more squonk bottles in it than not. *rummages in the suit, finding it, puts it in mod, dons the gila again as a cloud of vapor trails off*

Morn' folks, off to enjoy the first 12 hr shift of the week. Total between two jobs, 36 hrs this week. One pays $15.85 hrly, the other $9 hrly. Pondering. Well, run 'er slow. Hugs all around, get extras? Share 'em with someone what needs.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Go in tonight, 3 to 11 at PHS. That will finish out the "assignment". Since the fellow I'm in for retired, I need to finish his 215 day "contract". Got work for three weeks on the 3-11 shift.

I think they are going to "backdoor" me into his spot. He was full-time at 215 days per year. They posted his position for bid about a week before I come in and nobody bid. I had not seen it posted and it closed. I was busy working. *grin*

What I'm filling in the three-week job is the "vacancy" he created. It may be they tell me to come on in next year at his spot for the 215-day job. They have after all "posted" his job for bid. We'll see.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Go in tonight, 3 to 11 at PHS. That will finish out the "assignment". Since the fellow I'm in for retired, I need to finish his 215 day "contract". Got work for three weeks on the 3-11 shift.

I think they are going to "backdoor" me into his spot. He was full-time at 215 days per year. They posted his position for bid about a week before I come in and nobody bid. I had not seen it posted and it closed. I was busy working. *grin*

What I'm filling in the three-week job is the "vacancy" he created. It may be they tell me to come on in next year at his spot for the 215-day job. They have after all "posted" his job for bid. We'll see.

Hoping and Wishing you the Best of Luck~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Best of luck to ya! Please keep us posted!

VU Sponsors