Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Supposed to be a break in the heat but it is 80°F outside. When I went to the supermarket my Windshield Washer in the front wasn't working. Checked it out and pump took a shit. So go online and order one but I get to the store and they didn't have it in stock~! Had to drive to a different store to pick it up. So it is a simple job once you remove and air filter housing and the MAF Sensor. Sweated like crazy bcause O wpre a freaking Black T-Shirt~!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Supposed to be a break in the heat but it is 80°F outside. When I went to the supermarket my Windshield Washer in the front wasn't working. Checked it out and pump took a shit. So go online and order one but I get to the store and they didn't have it in stock~! Had to drive to a different store to pick it up. So it is a simple job once you remove and air filter housing and the MAF Sensor. Sweated like crazy bcause O wpre a freaking Black T-Shirt~!
Usually not too bad to replace but sucks when you can't source parts. I get that a lot of times, whenever shopping online when I'm able to put my location the choices quickly dwindle or aren't available at all.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Usually not too bad to replace but sucks when you can't source parts. I get that a lot of times, whenever shopping online when I'm able to put my location the choices quickly dwindle or aren't available at all.

I have many choices for parts but I didn't need A/C Delco for the washer pump. I checked the price for a Delco and it was $80~! I bought and ACL Brand which I never heard of before $16.99 and I used a $5 Advance Auto Parts Speed Perks coupon. Total with Sales Tax was $13.02. Plus a Lifetime Warranty?

1629049716987.png

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fricken hell. So see on my fb feed an ad for stanley tape measures. One guy posts his, a side by side of his 35ft and 25ft. The 35ft seems to be missing the first 3/8" off the tape so the entire tape is 3/8" shy. Got me looking at my tapes. I picked up a lufkin 35ft to replace my old stanley 25ft that was worn out. Someone gifted me a couple newer stanley powerlock's so thought I better check them. Never occurred to me.

While not as bad as that other guy's issue, the painted lines on my brand new still in the package 35ft are utter shit. The bottoms of the marks are wisps, the tops are so fat I guess I might land somewhere within an 1/8". Looks like they were drawn with a sharpie. Especially between the 3 and 4 inch mark at the top.

1629058086826.jpeg

All the printing on the 35ft at the bottom is shit. How much fatter the ink is around the '35ft' and 'stanley' markings. The 25ft with decent markings, made in Thailand. The one with shitty marks, made in USA. So much for that b.s. premium for 'premium US made quality'.

1629058383861.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Interesting day, today. Mother in law had blood sugar bottom out this morning. She obviously blacked out.

Rescue got called in. One of the EMT's was smart and suggested to her she get checked out at hospital. She would not have gone had family said.

Wife and me had been having some adult time. Her sis sent text back down letting her know. So we went in taking a bag of clothes for her mom, along with her dad.

We met him at the hospital. They were going to run some tests on her mom. Those would clear her to go home, or be admitted.

A little after 2 PM we decided to head out for something to eat. Her dad texted as we got into the lot of Bob Evan's. He and mom come on home.

Wife chided her mom a bit. Her mom told her, "well, I thought we needed some excitement." The cause is her mom hasn't been eating like she ought to.

So yeah, fun day today.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something a bit more positive. Most of the tomatoes here are from tonight, almost 5lbs worth. A little lettuce since it's starting to come back.

In addition almost 2lbs of eggplant, 1.5lbs of zucchini, some cucumbers, 1.5lbs of anaheim peppers, several bell peppers, some cherry tomatoes. Have a 3lb cottage cheese container full of cherry tomatoes in the fridge. A little over 2.5lbs of jalapenos and a couple ears of corn. Altogether a bit over 17.5lbs.

1629074690542.jpeg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
coffee-good-morning.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hm. Well, I reckon I'm stumped for the day. There's a show titled 1-800-Missing. It ran from 2003 to 2006. The one actresss in it according to IMDB was born in 1981, yet also according to them at 8 years old in 1967 she was on a regular show in Canada. WTF?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd show my tader harvest but they are all put away in the cellar :facepalm:
It took two times to dig them all but got about 500 pounds:)
Holy crap that's a lot of taters. lol. Especially to do by hand. Only messed with them once really when a farmer I worked for decided to try growing some on a couple acres. Had tractors to with wire wheels to churn them up which made it easier but still had to get out there and pick them up and shuffle around in the tilled dirt to get them. And sort out the bad ones, all the rotted ones got pitched into the loader bucket of a backhoe to be taken out back to a compost pile. But we weren't digging them up one at a time.

And here I thought I was doing good, after that pic I posted of the tomatoes I brought in another dozen ripe tomatoes yesterday. Makes around 32 plus whatever is still growing/ripening on the plants. 32 ripe on the counter, not what I've had total this year (have eaten quite a few). Might have to see about making salsa or something with them to preserve them. Seems like feast or famine. Last year I had 3 or 4 tomato plants and was lucky to get any ripe ones. What few tomatoes I had were green and stayed that way. So I added a few more plants and have 5 or 6 regular tomato plants this year. This year they decided to ripen, go figure.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'd show my tader harvest but they are all put away in the cellar :facepalm:
It took two times to dig them all but got about 500 pounds:)
I replied to this post with wow how good that was but it hasn't shown. My phone has a bug and is near finished so i get why it didnt show after posting.
But I got a good newie today for a decent price and will fire it up when my screen protector and gel shell cover gets delivered. Yeeeha!
So again. That a lot of potatoes and chips Jimi! 👍

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well after yesterday's sadness over Reddhott, whom I never encountered in the forum, and who must have been a lovely person, it seemed disrespectful to do a Friday cheat day post, so I saved it for today.

I'd bought more cans of media crema, not for my prepper supplies, but because sometimes I just get ideas for how to get fat. I got an 11 oz. bag of caramels. I was surprised to read on the package, they're only 130 calories for four of them, but I digress.

I recently tried the B&M Brown Bread, another prepper supply, a canned dark bread cake, or cake bread, slightly sweet, and to me it tastes kind of like gingerbread, though no spices are listed in the ingredients.

First you have to remove the cellophane wrappers from every single caramel. Consider it like shelling peas on the porch, time consuming but not difficult.

Then I melted a couple of tablespoons of butter in a saucepan, and strained the media crema into the pan, strained to remove little bits of milk solids, which don't taste bad, but you don't want them in your caramel sauce texture. Threw in a pinch of salt, stirred up the mixture and brought it just to a scald, little bubbles around the edge, then in with all of the caramels. Stir stir stir. They started to melt, but they weren't going to melt completely, so I covered the pan, put it in a cold oven, and started the oven at 350. When the beep sounded that the temperature was reached, I turned off the oven, leaving the pan in there. 10 minutes later, I removed it. Stir stir stir, still a few small lumps of un-melted caramel, so back in the oven for another 5 minutes.

I opened the cake bread can at both ends, pushed it out and cut off a slice, which you can barely see in the attached pic, all covered with apple slices, caramel sauce and a few pecans and walnuts. Left over was enough caramel sauce to fill a jelly jar.

View attachment 185424

You should post these in the What Are You Cooking thread~! People will love it. Not that we don't appreciate it~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So to prepare for this Henri Storm I mixed the last gallon of gas for 2 Cycle and then went to the Gas Station and got 8 Gallons of gas for the generator. Just in case I need it. I seriously doubt I will but don't need to be trying to find a gas station if the power goes out.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I went to put away the little Weber go anywhere Grill and said I need a new wood top for the plastic milk crate. Saw a piece of plywood on the neighbors junk wood pile when I was having coffee on the front porch this morning.

1629563744657.png

Turn junk into something useful.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope you survive the coming storm with no damage and you and your mom stay safe @SteveS45

Thanks but like I predicted we are only going to get rain. No high winds as the MSM made a big deal about. Was outside having coffee under the awning in the backyard this morning feeding the birds. Center of the storm appears to be on top of us right now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning, Steve and Porchers :wave: :blowkiss:
Good to see you missed the brunt of the hurricane. Hope @Rhianne is doing ok, sure do miss her. :(

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

I emailed her and she replied but never popped in. We still have a few more hours to weather the storm out but so far this is nothing. News says 3,000 people without power on the East End but the trees are hardly moving here.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I emailed her and she replied but never popped in. We still have a few more hours to weather the storm out but so far this is nothing. News says 3,000 people without power on the East End but the trees are hardly moving here.
Glad you heard from her, and thank you for letting us know she's still alive.
Good to hear it's not too bad there and hope it stays that way.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Glad you heard from her, and thank you for letting us know she's still alive.
Good to hear it's not too bad there and hope it stays that way.

I took a Rack of Baby Back Ribs out of the freezer and I am going to BBQ them for tonight's dinner~! They call this a Hurricane but it is really just a Tropical Storm at this point but to me it is just Rain~!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I woke up this morning and it was like a dream. Blue skies, sun shining, Shirley singing happily to me!
View attachment 185468
Im thinking "what will I do today!" 🤗

Then reality kicked in....
View attachment 185469
And Petula took over from Shirley..... :confused:
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I follow it closely on the back channel news. The mainstream media doesn't cover it well, doesn't give a sh*t.

Soon I hope we all will be delivered, because what befalls you will eventually be perpetrated on us in the US, and everywhere.

VU Sponsors