Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I’ve always gave my honest opinion and it sometimes isn’t liked by some of the others. But it is what it is. As with anything, YMMV.

Well on the Porches Everyone's Opinion is allowed with no judgement or flaming. Except for the Rare One Post Asshole who the Moderators will delete~! Make yourself at home here my friend~! Coffee, Tea, Water, Wine, Bourbon, or Hard Seltzer, anything always goes with a Vape on the Porch~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I was never on ECF, and it sounds like I didn't miss anything. Probably would have taken me about 10 minutes to get banned. :blah:

I'm in South-Central Virginia, not too far from either you, @MarkS, or @MyMagicMist.

Long Island is quite a hike. Farthest north I've ever driven is Philly, although I did fly to NYC once. Had dinner in Manhattan, had the view of the city and the river from the observation deck at the Empire State Building, now I've been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. Too dang noisy for me! :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was in Chicago very briefly. Fortunately I had a snake eater from 175th nab me and take me back into the parking garage for the buses. "Sorry bud, smoke with me. There was dealers on the street country mouse, cops on the corners overseeing ''em. No place for you."

So yeah, had my smoke with him. He had a year off after 25 years and tours out the ears. He rode back to VA with me on the greyhound. He was just seeing America.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ve got the high ground (vantage point) in my neighborhood and have a great view.

Oh, I'm down in a bottom. Said you never want to try going after higher ground from low. Yep, it's said but then it's also said you know the enemy's weapon/s, let them have them.

Worst fear here is the creek cross the way flooding. Know a few folks what keep watch & we return the favor. Had someone drunkenly try coming in. The dog scared them back out.

We locked the door a week just in case. Unlocked now. Nobody bothers us. I get a chuckle out of junior FBI trainees that come up our way to practice being stealthy. I just wave, smile. Can almost hear them fussing. *chuckles*

You'd think they would figure out 'lectronic camo' don't work. *smh*

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
5820431_9d856.gif

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, I'm down in a bottom. Said you never want to try going after higher ground from low. Yep, it's said but then it's also said you know the enemy's weapon/s, let them have them.

Worst fear here is the creek cross the way flooding. Know a few folks what keep watch & we return the favor. Had someone drunkenly try coming in. The dog scared them back out.

We locked the door a week just in case. Unlocked now. Nobody bothers us. I get a chuckle out of junior FBI trainees that come up our way to practice being stealthy. I just wave, smile. Can almost hear them fussing. *chuckles*

You'd think they would figure out 'lectronic camo' don't work. *smh*

We're on top of a ridge, and even though we aren't right in the mountains, it's only about 60 miles to the west to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We've got some nice rolling hills and super views from our house. Something enormously catastrophic would have to happen for us to have to worry about flooding here. We've got mud, but no flooding so far.

Back yard is on a slope that keeps going through the trees and down about 60 feet in elevation to a creek that runs through the bottom. That's where hubbs used to like to hunt, about 2/3 of the way down that slope. I think the elevation here at the house is about 500 ft above sea level. I may be wrong about that, though; it's been about 20 years since I saw a topographic map of this area.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We're on top of a ridge, and even though we aren't right in the mountains, it's only about 60 miles to the west to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We've got some nice rolling hills and super views from our house. Something enormously catastrophic would have to happen for us to have to worry about flooding here. We've got mud, but no flooding so far.

Back yard is on a slope that keeps going through the trees and down about 60 feet in elevation to a creek that runs through the bottom. That's where hubbs used to like to hunt, about 2/3 of the way down that slope. I think the elevation here at the house is about 500 ft above sea level. I may be wrong about that, though; it's been about 20 years since I saw a topographic map of this area.

Eventually, me & her want on a hill as well. For the time being we do what we need do.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would Trade my week with you in a Heartbeat~! One thing I hate the most is being on Hold listening to Musac's. But I was doing it for Mom the last 3 days until I finally had enough and got a Supervisor on the phone.
I've had weeks like that ! Was constantly on the phone doing the job of two companies; the people I talked with had their heads up where the sun don't shine. After three days got everything straightened out, even though, it took three or four weeks to get someone here to work on the washer/dryer combo. Lol, the Music Game thread knows all about, what use to be, my nightmare of a washer/dryer combo machine. :deadhorse:... Ending up buying a new one.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I get up this morning and find the light on in the bathroom and Mom sitting on the stairs. Didn't have my coffee yet~! She could not get up so I had to call an Ambulance and send her to the Hospital to get checked out. Thanks in advance for all the thoughts and prayers.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I get up this morning and find the light on in the bathroom and Mom sitting on the stairs. Didn't have my coffee yet~! She could not get up so I had to call an Ambulance and send her to the Hospital to get checked out. Thanks in advance for all the thoughts and prayers.

*wanders by, hugs and places a steaming mug of coffee in your hand, wanders on*

I would have likely been up during the night. Usually am, just me. I sleep in fits. Had I been visiting, ... well. *steps back, hugs again, wanders on*

Oh, and I don't mind sleeping on floors. Shoot, I've even slept while marching. *chuckles* Then too, I've also been over 40 hrs without a wink. That stuff they say about going crazy. Yeah? It's bunko. *twitches* "No, I didn't tell them about you Harvey."

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I know what taking care of a parent is like. After my dad passed we had to move mom in with us because of her health issues and dementia. It got to be really tough. Once mom‘s dementia got so bad we were no longer able to take care of her. I was down to only getting about two to three hours of sleep a night and had to function at work the next day. After about a week of almost no sleep and mom’s dementia being very severe I couldn’t do it anymore. I was about to collapse and be of no use to anyone. We had to take mom to a nursing home that was equipped to handle someone in her condition. It was the hardest point of my life right next to going through a divorce.

Hang in there. Make sure you try to take care of yourself.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think that eventually comes to most of us, in one way or another. What was most difficult for me was insisting on rational actions when what my mother wanted to do was irrational. We're so used to deferring to our parents, when their judgment becomes impaired, they don't like it and will sometimes act out when you have to tell them what to do. Sometimes you have to be VERY insistent.

Example: My mother took an old-type antidepressant to help her sleep (amitriptyline) and her dosage was so high it was making her dehydrated (along with her practice of drinking coffee and Coca-Cola all day). She would get so dehydrated that her tongue would stick to the roof of her mouth. That would also make her even more irrational, and sometimes she couldn't even put together a coherent sentence. I told her, you have GOT to start drinking water. She'd say she didn't like water, and I'd say, well really I don't care if you do or not. You are dehydrated and that is really bad for your body and your brain. I harped on her relentlessly for several months about the water, reminding her and chiding her a little when she'd admit she had not been drinking her water. I also went with her to the doctor and told the doc that the amitriptyline dosage needed to be reduced because of dehydration. He cut it in half. Finally she started to come around, between the change in meds and the additional water.

She passed away in 2013, and I won't go into details here, but for a couple of years there, it was a real adventure.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Update:

OK, so I get a call from the State Covid-19 Contact Department telling me my Mom Tested Positive for Covid~! Then I get a call from a surgical team member because Mom has an Abscess from the infection of the Diverticulitis. But wait a second here if a person has Covid they won't do a surgical procedure???? So right away I am saying it must be a FALSE Positive since she has had no contact with anyone but me~! So while dealing with this BULLLSHIT on the phone I am trying to order Covid-19 Self Tests so I can test myself. I am Negative~! Worst hour of my life ever~!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update:

OK, so I get a call from the State Covid-19 Contact Department telling me my Mom Tested Positive for Covid~! Then I get a call from a surgical team member because Mom has an Abscess from the infection of the Diverticulitis. But wait a second here if a person has Covid they won't do a surgical procedure???? So right away I am saying it must be a FALSE Positive since she has had no contact with anyone but me~! So while dealing with this BULLLSHIT on the phone I am trying to order Covid-19 Self Tests so I can test myself. I am Negative~! Worst hour of my life ever~!

Good grief!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Update:

I know you and I don't agree on the subject, but just offering this up for consideration: I can understand why they wouldn't do a surgical procedure, if they had to put the patient under general anesthesia, because of the ways Covid can affect the lungs. Breathing is one of the major bodily systems affected by general anesthetics, and with her age and all there would be too much risk that she would stop breathing on the operating table. It might be possible, though, for them to do an abdominal surgery with an epidural, the way they do with Caesarian sections. They can put the entire bottom half of a patient's body completely to sleep with an epidural, yet the patient stays awake and there is no effect on the breathing.

I really hope your Mom's test was a false positive. If it wasn't then thank goodness she's in the hospital already. So sorry, Steve.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Has she recently had the jab? The prions in the jab can sometimes cause a positive reading.

No, her Heart Doctor and myself will not allow the JAB~! How in the fuck can she get if I Test Negative and I am the only person she had has contact with in 2 months or more? I know too many people Personally who have had adverse Side Affects from the Jab. If it can kill my Mom how in any right mind Allow It? I have used more Hand Santizer than E-Liquid since this PLANDEMIC started~!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, her Heart Doctor and myself will not allow the JAB~! How in the fuck can she get if I Test Negative and I am the only person she had has contact with in 2 months or more? I know too many people Personally who have had adverse Side Affects from the Jab. If it can kill my Mom how in any right mind Allow It? I have used more Hand Santizer than E-Liquid since this PLANDEMIC started~!
Just wondering, I knew you were a no vaxer , I am too, no way will they ever put that poison in me. The test that they mostly use is a wide spectrum covid test that WILL test positive if you have the flu, which is a covid too. Yes many I know have had adverse effects from the jab, one was even considering suicide, another suffers from tinnitus that about drove him insane. Steve watch those hand sanitizers, some of them are worse than the germs they supposedly kill. Yes PLANDEMIC truly explains what's goin on.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m a person that believes in freedom of choice. Each person should do the research necessary to make their own educated decision. If someone chooses to get the injection, that’s their choice and I respect it. If someone chooses to not get the injection, that’s their choice and I respect it. I disagree and get upset with someone on either side if they choose to badmouth the opposing view. I feel very strongly that the mandating of the injection is wrong and a trampling of our liberty. OK, I’m done voicing my opinion.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just wondering, I knew you were a no vaxer , I am too, no way will they ever put that poison in me. The test that they mostly use is a wide spectrum covid test that WILL test positive if you have the flu, which is a covid too. Yes many I know have had adverse effects from the jab, one was even considering suicide, another suffers from tinnitus that about drove him insane. Steve watch those hand sanitizers, some of them are worse than the germs they supposedly kill. Yes PLANDEMIC truly explains what's goin on.

Yeah Man I totally am up on which HS to avoid and at the beginning I was making my own since it was so scarce~! Can't talk to my GF about it and last thing I told tonight was FU when she told me I HAD to get it. The Government can't tell me what to do and she is out of fucking line to tell me I have to get it now. She is so freaking knowledgeable if Mom actually has it with NO severe symptoms then she now has antibodies and the Jab is just useless. I think it must be my Alcohol Intake, Vaping and the D3 and Zinc which has protected me since I was possibly Exposed 4 times. Never had it, never will? Maybe I am the cure for the Plandemic> Sure take some of my blood~!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m a person that believes in freedom of choice. Each person should do the research necessary to make their own educated decision. If someone chooses to get the injection, that’s their choice and I respect it. If someone chooses to not get the injection, that’s their choice and I respect it. I disagree and get upset with someone on either side if they choose to badmouth the opposing view. I feel very strongly that the mandating of the injection is wrong and a trampling of our liberty. OK, I’m done voicing my opinion.
Thank you Mark

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I may be Anti Jab but if someone chooses to get it Godspeed. I Pray you don't have the side affects I can show you people who did. I will never tell someone not to except my Mom but the one who have it are spreading the Delta Variant but they refuse to believe it. How can it mutate except in Vaxxed bodies? I don't want to turn this thread into a Vax Flame war so lets just pray for my Mom~! FALSE Positive is what I want to hear from Northwell tomorrow~!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah Man I totally am up on which HS to avoid and at the beginning I was making my own since it was so scarce~! Can't talk to my GF about it and last thing I told tonight was FU when she told me I HAD to get it. The Government can't tell me what to do and she is out of fucking line to tell me I have to get it now. She is so freaking knowledgeable if Mom actually has it with NO severe symptoms then she now has antibodies and the Jab is just useless. I think it must be my Alcohol Intake, Vaping and the D3 and Zinc which has protected me since I was possibly Exposed 4 times. Never had it, never will? Maybe I am the cure for the Plandemic> Sure take some of my blood~!
Yeah like "I am Legend":giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish ill upon nobody and hope the best for your Mom Steve. I am a person of faith and will be praying for you and your Mom.

Your Prayers and those from all my other Forum Friends is why it is only an infection~! Tomorrow I will deal with the Hospital and have her TESTED AGAIN and test Me~! Since I am her only Contact in months how can she have it? Prove me wrong~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know they say you need to keep your strength up and I ate lucnh today which almost made me sick to my stomach but forget about dinner tonight. I had Jack Daniels because I doubt I will sleep much tonight. I will hopefully make a big breakfast in the morning but we will see tomorrow.

VU Sponsors