Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
82a3ea5023b47d0f1932c926116dc3f5.jpg

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lil'Cali may be pregnant soon ! My Guy interrupted Spotty a couple times out on the porch. Spotty went away, Lil'Cali stayed on porch for a little bit than left.
When/if she has her babies, we have one spoken for, but don't know what we're going to do with the rest. A neighbor down the road had spoken about not having any cats around to get the little critters around his barns and home. So, thinking we're going to take the rest to him.
Don't know anything about cats breeding and just concerned about inbreeding.
This will be the first for us.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Porch goers
My wife was at Walmart Monday checking out a new juicer for me, $59,99. I went today to get it and today it's $84.99. Then went to get fresh veggies to juice and a few other items and everything has gone up by that much. WTF is the war here or Ukraine? Might wanna stock up before it happens where you are. I had heard this was comin. ALL GREED>

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die. ~Jean-Paul Sartre'

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My wife was at Walmart Monday checking out a new juicer for me, $59,99. I went today to get it and today it's $84.99. Then went to get fresh veggies to juice and a few other items and everything has gone up by that much. WTF is the war here or Ukraine? Might wanna stock up before it happens where you are. I had heard this was comin. ALL GREED>

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die. ~Jean-Paul Sartre''When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die. ~Jean-Paul Sartre'

Let the rich die in their war. The poor need war no more. --- Benjamin K. Badgley 03/04/2022

We poor outnumber the rich. What can they do to force us to fight in wars only they want? Buy thugs? We'd still outlast them, overtake them. Let us poor simply walk away and divorce ourselves from the rich. All they seem fit to do is want more.

Enough is enough.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My wife was at Walmart Monday checking out a new juicer for me, $59,99. I went today to get it and today it's $84.99. Then went to get fresh veggies to juice and a few other items and everything has gone up by that much.

I have found many stores especially Walgreens charge less if you order online and pick it up. I once went to the store to buy Tiger Balm and it was $9 and change. They would not honor the online price. So I went home ordered online and got them 2 for the $9~! Only now they had to do Twice the work by picking, bagging, emailing and giving them to me when I went to pick up. So now I do it every time.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have found many stores especially Walgreens charge less if you order online and pick it up. I once went to the store to buy Tiger Balm and it was $9 and change. They would not honor the online price. So I went home ordered online and got them 2 for the $9~! Only now they had to do Twice the work by picking, bagging, emailing and giving them to me when I went to pick up. So now I do it every time.

Walgreens are on my shit list. I've been a customer of theirs for decades, but all of a sudden, now that I'm on Medicare, they decide when to refill my prescriptions, and once scrips are ready, they worry the absolute hell out of me until I come to pick them up. Texts, calls, emails, ad nauseam, until I am ready to fling my phone across the room!

If my Medicare prescription drug coverage didn't mandate Walgreens, I'd go somewhere else.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Walgreens are on my shit list. I've been a customer of theirs for decades, but all of a sudden, now that I'm on Medicare, they decide when to refill my prescriptions, and once scrips are ready, they worry the absolute hell out of me until I come to pick them up. Texts, calls, emails, ad nauseam, until I am ready to fling my phone across the room!

If my Medicare prescription drug coverage didn't mandate Walgreens, I'd go somewhere else.

I just Signed Mom up for the United Health - AARP Rx Plan. I was actually totally surprised first visit because all the info was in the Computer and I was the one calling them to see if they were ready~! Go into your account and change the Notifications. CVS used to do that shit to my Dad. Call say shit was ready and get there to find out it wasn't~!

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I run a medical practice and I just started about 5 months ago. I started reaching out to random patients to get an idea of how we are doing with patient satisfaction. One of the things I quickly discovered was that "we" were sending them too many emails, texts, auto calls, and letters...I questioned the staff regarding it and they were dumbfounded, as "we" weren't sending most of them. When I dug deeper I found out that the previous person, or one of the previous administrators, had signed up for a company to send them out for us, but didn't properly communicate it to our team. Also, she had them sending way too many to begin with. I immediately stopped it and calculated how many should be done and set it in place. Our patients are SO much happier now. My point is, many people complained to our receptionist about this, but the complaint never got to where it needed to until I reached out personally. Make sure you complain to the right person about it, it could change the whole thing.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Let the rich die in their war. The poor need war no more. --- Benjamin K. Badgley 03/04/2022

We poor outnumber the rich. What can they do to force us to fight in wars only they want? Buy thugs? We'd still outlast them, overtake them. Let us poor simply walk away and divorce ourselves from the rich. All they seem fit to do is want more.

Enough is enough.
count on me to join your army

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I just Signed Mom up for the United Health - AARP Rx Plan. I was actually totally surprised first visit because all the info was in the Computer and I was the one calling them to see if they were ready~! Go into your account and change the Notifications. CVS used to do that shit to my Dad. Call say shit was ready and get there to find out it wasn't~!

My husband and I both have United Healthcare Medicare supplements and drug coverage. We signed up for the Walgreens-preferred-pharmacy plan because I've gotten my prescriptions from Walgreens for over 20 years and never had this problem before. It seems to either be something new they're doing, or they only do it for us old folks who can't manage to request refills ourselves (which seems to be their assumption). You wouldn't believe the unopened bottles of meds I have around here, from where Walgreens has filled my scrips too early.

@voicenyerhed I really haven't complained to anyone about the communications. I did go onto the website and change some of my notification settings, and that did help, but it's still more than I need or want. I also did complain when they started refilling things without me requesting them, but they didn't pay the first bit of attention to that.

When I get to a place where I can financially afford to do it, I'm going to change to the mail order pharmacy and then I'll be able to order three months at a time. Have an appointment with my PCP next Wednesday, and I think I'll tell her that I want to change this when it's time for renewing prescriptions for the next six months. Then my meds can just show up in the mailbox and I won't have Walgreens bugging the mess out of me.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thank you, I will never go in a Walgreens again, they pissed me off for the last time long ago.
Yes you are treated differently when you come to Medicare age, why, they have to give the government a special pricing schedule and they don't profit as much.
Sadly same with some Doctors and other services.:mad:

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes you are treated differently when you come to Medicare age, why, they have to give the government a special pricing schedule and they don't profit as much.
Sadly same with some Doctors and other services.

*goes "Huh."*

That may also explain why those with rare conditions are treated like dung. Currently looking for a new internal medicine doctor (endocrinologist). Found I have no more scrip for the testosterone I obviously need to have. Thinking my current doctor did cut me off out of perceiving me as some criminal. *smh* Really wish a ton of folks would go, "POP!"

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
count on me to join your army
Brother, my army doesn't exist. ;) :) We're just plain folks not wanting any more war. There's no point for war any more. Resources are not genuinely scarce. They were made artificially scarce. Look up and read on the myth of scarcity.

Factually, there is more than enough in abundance for all of us, and all of us that ever will be, ... if but we share. Don't mistake what I'm saying in suggesting we share. Yes, I mean we share resources. No, I'm not meaning we deny anyone their own use of stuff privately.

Not fool enough to buy into some egalitarian utopia of perfection. No, that won't happen. We can though get very near that and even that is enough. Without scarcity no reason for greed exists, no coveting, no fear of loss, no hate, no war.

As a sentence in Latin from my signature line here reads, Pacifice vivite. It translates to English as, Live in peace. We all want peace yet are continually admonished to prepare for war. No, just live in peace and we'll have peace. Not difficult to fathom. I know though, it's difficult to achieve.

Not saying I have all the answers, or questions. Do say we need to direly begin an earnest conversation aiming at solutions. Need to unite and realize this is all there is. There's no rehearsal, heaven or hell, just this. Let's help is be its best possible.

Something I've began realizing, ...

The compulsory public education system in America is very similar, if not exactly the same as its prison system. Schools are prisons adorned with what seems positive platitudes to encouraging all to go for "it", yet giving no definition of "it". Schools also don't seem fit to teach values, morals, ethics. Of course, parents no longer are fit either.

America's education system is based upon the Prussian one for training soldiers. Get them as children and indoctrinate them as subordinates keen to drone on relentlessly with useless facts and baubles of data curated to falsely portray our society as "the best".

Anyway, just something I've observed having now worked in it a bit.

Just another curiosity, ... if God is on everyone's side then no one can ever possibly lose right? So all causes then are righteous, just, correct by God? ... More thoughts for food.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Being Awesome!

In one of these videos a sound engineer explains all he is doing "today" is balancing. The recording is perfect as is even having been done so long ago with now considered primitive tech.

Ozzy replies something to the effect of, "Well, that's just how we did it, hooked up and jammed."

*chuckles* "The first time I heard a guitar track and was scared, ..." *lol*

"Dude, relax it's just Randy come to jam us all to heaven. Even if you don't believe in heaven you go to a generic one where Randy is jamming all the time. S'all Good."

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Too early for any Music at least in my world.

Well, last night I sat for over three hours alone in a school building. Could have listened to some music on my phone but didn't. I simply sat alone with myself.

Solitary confinement is seen as being cruel & unusual punishment. Was I confined? Well I had to be there for a certain time as the job required.

Thing is I've grown used to being alone with myself. Yep, done sprung the spring, unwound the wind up, ... so intoxicated on insanity I've come back to being sane. So, every now and then music in the morning?

"Do do de oh oh!" Why not? It helps keep me on the rails. Music is pure magik.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, last night I sat for over three hours alone in a school building. Could have listened to some music on my phone but didn't. I simply sat alone with myself.

Solitary confinement is seen as being cruel & unusual punishment. Was I confined? Well I had to be there for a certain time as the job required.

Thing is I've grown used to being alone with myself. Yep, done sprung the spring, unwound the wind up, ... so intoxicated on insanity I've come back to being sane. So, every now and then music in the morning?

"Do do de oh oh!" Why not? It helps keep me on the rails. Music is pure magik.

Hey whatever floats your boat~! If I was up for a couple of hours sure I would play music if driving or working. Not before my coffee in the morning.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey whatever floats your boat~! If I was up for a couple of hours sure I would play music if driving or working. Not before my coffee in the morning.

*chuckles & mockingly scoffs* "Coffee? We don't need no stinkin' coffee!"

Might get some in a bit. As said grew up downing it by the potfuls. Also used to have it laced with vodka. Any wonder coffee knocks me out instead of wakes me up?

Oh well, we all "get there", hon.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
*goes "Huh."*

That may also explain why those with rare conditions are treated like dung. Currently looking for a new internal medicine doctor (endocrinologist). Found I have no more scrip for the testosterone I obviously need to have. Thinking my current doctor did cut me off out of perceiving me as some criminal. *smh* Really wish a ton of folks would go, "POP!"
you will get there buddy.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*sits staring off blankly, pondering what to do, ...*

*vapes from a V2 Kimech mod sporting his Advken Gorge with its Ultem top cap ... sighs as the vapor wafts away*

*dons a t-shirt reading in block letters, ..."

"I'm the little-big boy your mama doesn't warn you about."

*sits slowly swinging my arms, nursing the vape with a gleam in eye ... still pondering what mischief & mayhem to get into, ...*

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Where I work is funny in many a way. Here are a few more positive ones.

Know I missed a fair bit of time during last school year. Broke a foot and torqued out an ankle pretty rough. That kind of put me down near literally. Didn't matter. I was not "let go" or "fired". They did send a polite letter asking if I wanted to continue working, and that had two weeks for me to respond.

Speaking to a kindergarten teacher this past week regarding the students. She out of the blue tells me, ""you're not getting away from this, if you do these kids will haunt you, maybe hunt you down." She then further explained a lot of the kids got roughneck dads. Yes, roughneck is an actual job title, go visit an oil field rig and you'll find them.

As a result these kids really got no actual "daddy"s. Here I am all of six foot tall and near four foot wide across. I'm in her words a big old woolly, scary looking old hound what lumbers the halls and ducks in lines with the kids. She asked if I thought such a critter would frighten the kids. I shrugged. She told me that not only were they not frightened, they instinctively knew I was safe and I would protect them all growling Gus that I am.

Again her words, I had stepped in as a daddy for a lot of these kids. That wasn't a good or bad thing. I told her over the Summer work I had talked to Roy about just that. I had rebuked such an idea to him. I was not going to be a daddy for the schools. He just grinned and nodded a "we'll see" at me. So, I asked her what I did about the teachers, principles. "Ignore them for the most part. That is give them girth to do their work but you mind the kids," she told me.

Got to thinking about it and well I've always enjoyed critters and kids. So, it's funny how life has steered me into the path I walk now. Funny how my work is too, I'll not get away from it. I've done been "tagged" by the kids. Even some of the teachers seem to think of me as a daddy. I'd rather they not but all considered, no real harm.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die. ~Jean-Paul Sartre''When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die. ~Jean-Paul Sartre'
stick putins dick in the blender!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ve been saying Ukraine should cut the head off the snake and rocket the poop out of the Russians along the boarder cutting any possible support to those leading the attack (the head of the snake).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ve been saying Ukraine should cut the head off the snake and rocket the poop out of the Russians along the boarder cutting any possible support to those leading the attack (the head of the snake).

Without dressing a table here, Poland is nice this time of year. :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I lived off base for a while when I was in the USAF. One of my roommates was Italian and his Mom came up to visit. She was from the old country and made Sunday gravy for us. Man oh man, I was in heaven from her cooking.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I lived off base for a while when I was in the USAF. One of my roommates was Italian and his Mom came up to visit. She was from the old country and made Sunday gravy for us. Man oh man, I was in heaven from her cooking.

I have never heard it called Gravy by my family, only on The Sopranos~! LOL My Sauce is 3 Generations and 2 families of influence but like my DIY E-Liquids it is my own~! People tell me I could sell it but there is no enjoyment in that~!

VU Sponsors