nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think CJ would lock the thread because he just doesn't want to hear about problems. He really doesn't seem like that sort of person.

The thread may have been alerting him every time someone posted to it, and if that's the case, it's partly my own fault, if he got a couple of unnecessary alerts, because we were joking around. Don't know that for sure, but it's a possibility. I just didn't think of it before I posted there.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think CJ would lock the thread because he just doesn't want to hear about problems. He really doesn't seem like that sort of person.

The thread may have been alerting him every time someone posted to it, and if that's the case, it's partly my own fault, if he got a couple of unnecessary alerts, because we were joking around. Don't know that for sure, but it's a possibility. I just didn't think of it before I posted there.

From a prior experience getting banned because I was reporting problems along with many others and it being blamed on us but my proving that Admin was outright lying sort of leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But again I had a really shitty day so I am in a mood. But just the same do we really need to start a new thread Are you having Issues with VU?

@CJ addressed the Porches Issue and posted in my thread, which is GREATLY Appreciated~! That was Personal Service~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
CT results revealed nothing worrisome as far as kidneys, whole pelvic and abdominal region. No cancer, nothing to be of concern.

So, up to kidney doctor to figure out high levels of stuff in blood, urine. He'll also need to explain protein and blood in urine. Maybe then the primary can relax.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Friday-GIF2.gif

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Porch goers
Who hacked us?
couldn't get on for days, then read only, and now messed up.
I just posted in the check in thread and it came up a page back:crazy:
Is everyone else havin this?

May be an image of text that says 'Hold on to every genuine person you find. This generation has people driven by ego, money-and status. As a result good souls are ruined daily Keep your head up and be conscious. o the জভত energy you give out and connect with.'

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Porch goers
Who hacked us?
couldn't get on for days, then read only, and now messed up.
I just posted in the check in thread and it came up a page back:crazy:
Is everyone else havin this?

May be an image of text that says 'Hold on to every genuine person you find. This generation has people driven by ego, money-and status. As a result good souls are ruined daily Keep your head up and be conscious. o the জভত energy you give out and connect with.''Hold on to every genuine person you find. This generation has people driven by ego, money-and status. As a result good souls are ruined daily Keep your head up and be conscious. o the জভত energy you give out and connect with.'

I was having issues after they fixed the Database, so clear your Cache and Log Out and back in. Hopefully that helps you.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I saw the orthopedic surgeon Tuesday. He said I need a hip replacement as it's bone on bone in my right hip. He has started the process and it should happen in about a month.

Hope it goes well. Trying to avoid an ankle fusing. Hence the physical therapy to get the muscles aligned, strong, limber. Torqued the muscles more than realized when I fell.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well something is Screwy with this thread~! I see more posts but if I try to go to the next page 332 it takes me back to the 1st post?

@CJ @nadalama

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Had thunder boomers roll through on Friday. Was real FORTUNATE we didn't get hit by a tornado. It was coming from the west, it went away, than it popped back up JUST to the north of us.
I think, the weather man said there were six tornadoes that touched down Friday night. We lost power, I'll take that than getting struck by tornado.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In Maddening Fits
by Benjamin K. Badgley --> a.k.a MyMagicMist, "Buddy, Pap, Benny"
Mon 02 May 2022 03:25:49 AM EDT

I

Woke too early. Siting, mentally wrestling with a question. Presume it is one only I can answer. Story in twenty.

II

Left it undone. More to say, no way to play it. Possibly drink the gin? Here then, the story does begin.

III

Onward, up they climb. Reaching one crest they'll face the dreaded beast. Its siren call begs from all. "So what." it asks.

IV

A storyteller lost in distress silently cries out. They weep. Many tempt appeasing sadness. Still the mind grows, no story.

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey @MarkS have you heard anything about Blips?

We are still trying to figure out what happened. The person that was overseeing keeping the domain alive (letting us know if we need to kick in more funding to renew the domain) May have let it lapse. We just don’t know at this point.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you all for the likes. Helps me clarify thoughts.

I'll not write any longer. Unable to shut out an internal editor.

Such editors disable one. Good a "day job" exists.

Could write to enjoy it. That editor takes enjoyment away, too.

Publication & sales are nice if they happen, yet not all there is to it.

Been considering this a long while. The likes proved out what I thought.

Answering the "so what", realized none care. No more fighting to myself.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mother in law went to Teay's Valley Hospital/Medical facility last night.

Unfortunately my "good news" kidney wise was not good news for hers.

She was listed as having stage four kidney failure, severely dehydrated, highly elevated potassium level, testing positive for Covid.

Held my wife what seemed hours as she wept.

So you can imagine our yesterday. Her mom needed labs. From there it was suggested she come back to hospital for dehydration. They possibly may even send her on to Charleston as her heart and kidney doctors were there, "just in case".

I ought to have known when her mom took my hand to help walk to our Jeep. It didn't register.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

She was listed as having stage four kidney failure, severely dehydrated, highly elevated potassium level, testing positive for Covid.

So you can imagine our yesterday. Her mom needed labs. From there it was suggested she come back to hospital for dehydration. They possibly may even send her on to Charleston as her heart and kidney doctors were there, "just in case".

I ought to have known when her mom took my hand to help walk to our Jeep. It didn't register.

I’m sorry.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Thoughts and Prayers...........

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not heard anything "new" yet on mother in law. From experience/s & life though, do know there is hope. Also know hope's chance can be very slim to none. It is really wait & see currently.

Will stand fast for hope. All we may do.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Aww, I'm so very sorry :(
Hope she isn't in too much discomfort and pain. Please, give her and your wife :hug: 's from me.
Glad you were there to hold her hand and help her. :hug:
Sending good healing thoughts and Prayers.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I'm so sorry to hear this, BB. That's quite a list of challenges that she has to face. I hope you and your wife will have positive news soon. Will be sending my best your way.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pressure washed another half the house and the driveway today. Could have finished the house but had to redo the Polymeric Sand on the front stoop because it had mold in the seams. Figured I would do it today since we ave rain tomorrow and that will help solidify the sand. Tired as all get go but have an errand to run on the way to pick up some lamb for dinner.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As of 1 pm today her mom's "numbers" were progressing in the correct directions. Wife's dad left at 7 pm without an actual doctor visit for her mom, only the P.A letting them know her numbers were doing good.

Worked from 3 pm to 11 pm tonight. Know I'm home earlier than that. We're given some lee way on when we can leave. Usually everyone goes out about 10:15. Anyhow, goober me pulled a groin muscle, first time in years.

Note: May be editing more so. Maow has realized he can encode secret cat messages over the InterWebs.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors