Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
good-morning-saturday.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*Sits on edge of porch, vapes and nurses a Black & Tan beer, exhales a sigh which froths clouds, ... yawns the yawn of the wearied, sits watching it all go around while vaping and nursing the beer*

I got my fortnightly shot today. Openly flirted with a young, cute, male nurse. Hoping the two lady nurses there with him point out how obvious I was to him. His inexperience in life may not have let him "see" it. That's not a fault.

Took a fair bit to not reach over, hug, embrace him. Doing so would have been inappropriate for the situation. Not that I felt he would have minded otherwise. Still, one just doesn't, ...

Yes, I've hugged @SteveS45 here & likely would offline as well. He, though, understands my hugging him would be as a friend. Yes, there's affection, but it isn't that kind of affection.

With friends, family, I might often hug. It's my nature. I do not use "goodbye" too much, it is too final. Okay, talked out. Y'all run 'er slow.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Recently, been learning some hard truths about myself & life. Suffice, need to treat my wife better. What I thought is not. Need to make it so.

ETA: There is no domestic violence. I have not physically harmed my wife. Conversely, she has not physically harmed me either.

I have not been the best teammate she requires, despite thinking otherwise. Hope that clarifies my seeming vagueness. Sorry, a bit private & personal, and I'm processing.

There is a good bit beyond our control at the moment. Once able to work again, I will respond better, that is in my control.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Applied for at a major religious charity to do warehouse work, sorting donations, today. I'm positive they will contact and let me start Monday. Staying positive. :D :)

Will be sending good thoughts your way. As you explained it, something just feels right. I hope my instinct is correct.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will be sending good thoughts your way. As you explained it, something just feels right. I hope my instinct is correct.
I will say the charity is recognized by the two letters, SA, internationally. They help anyone in need.

One doesn't need a compass to know true and right. I might not believe as they do. (Metaphorically, one could see beliefs as a compass.) Morally and ethically, I agree with their good work. That good work is true and right.

Always liked to help. There is a humble wage given. It will be enough to at least help my wife and maybe give me a little pocket change. Not about the wage as much as helping, being of service.

Well, ... *sighs that sigh of being "talked out" and yawns, smiles*

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still in job search limbo. Applied for 8 -12 places this week. Even applied back at the hospital, kitchen work this time. Will get hired to do something, somewhere, soon. Remaining positive, the best able.

Opened the last remaining sealed Athena mod. Misplaced the other Athena, today. Using the included RDA with a .50 Ω coil. The coil is a 24 gauge. It's doing well.

Excuse briefness and economy of words in my postings, lately. I have a metamorphosis at work. It is for self betterment, and that may only behoove others as well. Appreciate the understanding.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Still in job search limbo. Applied for 8 -12 places this week. Even applied back at the hospital, kitchen work this time. Will get hired to do something, somewhere, soon. Remaining positive, the best able.

Opened the last remaining sealed Athena mod. Misplaced the other Athena, today. Using the included RDA with a .50 Ω coil. The coil is a 24 gauge. It's doing well.

Excuse briefness and economy of words in my postings, lately. I have a metamorphosis at work. It is for self betterment, and that may only behoove others as well. Appreciate the understanding.
you get a job soon x

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Visited a brand name supermarket today. Part of the name implies savings. *clears throat* I saw no savings. In fact, a lot of their prices were double what other markets ask. Wife, I had shopped this brand name market before and saved. Guess a year makes a difference.

Result? We'll not shop there any longer, save for possibly deals on meats. They run $25 mix & match specials, 4 or 5 for one money. A person needs to watch that, however. Know your meats well and check the packages. Don't buy anything even a hint suspicious.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*rummages in cooler on porch, finds good old red, white, and blue. Lifts the tab and hears the cracking of a PBR, sits over by a plant on his cyber-matic stool and enjoys his beer & vape*

Really nice day here, today. We might go walk in the park. :)
Hmm. Serotonin is working, ... real good. Ha.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Applied for "culinary assistant"/cook's helper at an elder care facility today. We'll see if I can get on. The listing stated "urgently" hiring. Requirements were easy enough, 1 cooking experience, 1 year of restaurant experience. Have had both. Probably will need to attain "food handler's" certification from health dept., but that isn't an issue.

"Oh hi, stick me. Thank you." Wait a little, go back to be checked.

"The bump went away, no TB. Here's your card, Ben."

"Thanks."

Hmm. I got four mods in rotation now. Need more hands.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got called yesterday. Missed it. Got it today. A brand name department store interviews me Friday for a back room stocking position. Today I saw a nurse practitioner. She has
me referred to a good doctor for primary care. Her perspective
after looking over my chart.

"Ben, you use computers?"

"Yep."

"You don't have firmware installed."

"Ah, why could no one tell me that way before? That makes sense."

It does, too. All the cognitive issues that fool with me, the lack of "gumption". She also noted I likely can expect "Old Timer's" and dementia, as a grandmother and grandfather on two respective sides of my family had them.

Told her I had to work harder to remember stuff. She explained, in my case, it doesn't help to "push". What is there, is, what isn't, isn't. Pushing will only cause further frustration, doubt, depression and generally not good things.

No firmware also justifies why I overproduce cortisol. Surplus of it isn't good for anyone. Reading up on things, I saw that surgery may be an option. Not sure if I want my brain under a knife, even to try "helping make better".

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Got called yesterday. Missed it. Got it today. A brand name department store interviews me Friday for a back room stocking position. Today I saw a nurse practitioner. She has
me referred to a good doctor for primary care. Her perspective
after looking over my chart.

"Ben, you use computers?"

"Yep."

"You don't have firmware installed."

"Ah, why could no one tell me that way before? That makes sense."

It does, too. All the cognitive issues that fool with me, the lack of "gumption". She also noted I likely can expect "Old Timer's" and dementia, as a grandmother and grandfather on two respective sides of my family had them.

Told her I had to work harder to remember stuff. She explained, in my case, it doesn't help to "push". What is there, is, what isn't, isn't. Pushing will only cause further frustration, doubt, depression and generally not good things.

No firmware also justifies why I overproduce cortisol. Surplus of it isn't good for anyone. Reading up on things, I saw that surgery may be an option. Not sure if I want my brain under a knife, even to try "helping make better".
the brain is obviously a very delicate part of us, people do not realise how complex it is. i have had 2 brain aneurysm operations, after the first i was told i could leave after another hour. my partner and i were sitting there and she asked me something, she looked at me strangely then she went to see the surgeon. they asked me questions, then another did and then another,i was then told to get back into the ward. i was answering all their questions in polish! the interpreter was chatting away to me and i was describing this bakers shop in the town in poland where she lived!! i have never ever been to poland!
they had me back under the knife to do some rewiring. it was so so weird.
i only found out about my aneurysm when i was going dizzy and had a scan done. i was dizzy through a sinus infection, but lucky for me they found the aneurysm.
i had another one 13 months later and they said to me that 40% of people who have that operation will need another one.
the operation was to be 6 hrs i had some problems and it took 9 hrs, my daughters were waiting and getting worried, someone else in the other theatre had sadly passed away and they wheeled out the body with a sheet covering them. two daughters threw up and one fainted as they thought it was me! when i was wheeled out i got every swear word chucked at me !!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wife says she is 100% brain surgery is out of the question.

"Honey, they're assuming you got a brain to surgery on. You don't. We checked the flashlight shone all the way through both ears. Nothing but straw up there, or sawdust." :D :)

Joking aside, she pointed out my pituitary gland congenitally hasn't worked, that means they can not repair anything. Nothing is there to fix. Other glands in my body still work to a degree.

As for anosmia (no sense of smell), since my pituitary didn't let out the hormones to trigger olfactory nerves (the nerves used to perceive scents) to develop, I'll never "fix" that sense.

Not having "firmware" also means at times a bit of precognition. No, I have no control over that. Don't ask. No, not able to get lottery numbers or other such.

Only see "glimpses" of stuff concerning myself, close friends, family. Once knew I'd meet a friend at the community swimming pool, knew we'd play diving games. Two days later, sure enough. One time had seen friends come around our house. Three days later, I knew they were there before anyone else. Looked up and waited.

No, nothing terribly Earth shattering, mundane in fact. I rarely have precognitive dreams now. Rather not know the future, despite looking at the past.

"The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see." ― Winston Churchill

VU Sponsors