Become a Patron!

We love cats

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My wife and I got a kitty 911 cal at 11:30 pm the night before. This couple found a baby kitty laying next to their driveway barely alive. Nothing but skin and bones and severe URI in his eyes. Honestly didn't think the little guy would make through the night. Woke up at 5:30 am to a kitten screaming. Wow he made it!! Jumped up and got some food and 3 more rounds of intravenous fluids. This morning we have this. Looks like we saved another one.
437c75f72e73f4a4376b40a931cf492b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My wife and I got a kitty 911 cal at 11:30 pm the night before. This couple found a baby kitty laying next to their driveway barely alive. Nothing but skin and bones and severe URI in his eyes. Honestly didn't think the little guy would make through the night. Woke up at 5:30 am to a kitten screaming. Wow he made it!! Jumped up and got some food and 3 more rounds of intravenous fluids. This morning we have this. Looks like we saved another one.

That kinda chokes me up. Bless your heart for what you do for little helpless kitties.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bless your heart for what you do for little helpless kitties.
While I agree (how can a Cat-aholic like me not agree?), do be careful with the desire to save the babies. Of the 20 cats in our house, all but one got in here because the little ferals were either injured or sub-zero weather was killing them. And after we "saved" them, somehow putting them back outside wasn't an option. Honest, you cannot walk through this place without tripping on several furry little people. And the mass destruction is... well... one of these days maybe I'll win a lottery and be able to buy all new furniture, carpets, walls......
Love 'em and try to keep the cussing to a minimum. :cuss2:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Meet Lil' Kali
cbdbd822f92e3c521bfccc3556d67a39.jpg

She is the first kitty that has been brave enough to come up on the porch. There are others, but all of them jet off when seeing a human. I talked with her and told her to stay here and I'll get you some water and food. She listened...ate a few bites and drank than left.
All I had for food was dog food, but today got some kitty food for her. She was back early this evening. Took food out and she came up to eat. I couldn't stay outside this time to visit with her, I had dinner going. I checked on her and she was looking for me at the screen door, I think she was saying thank you for the food and water :) . She took off for the evening, hoping to see and spend time with her tomorrow.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So we have a new cat, Fred

As background, about a month ago a stray cat started begging for food outside the house, and was very friendly, super skinny; Our four assholes sweet kitties we already have let him move in within a few days, much to our surprise, especially Dr Edgar Balzac, who consistently fights with other males since he was a kitten, 10 years ago

We posted found cat with pic notices online and flyers we made, contacted SPCA, other animal rescue places - no bites as to where he belongs or an owner claiming him. We took him to our vet for checkup and shots; he tested negative for FLV and Feline Aids.

Long story short, we took him today to get neutered - as he really looks like a boy - and the vet at this clinic tells us he has already been neutered and was dismayed the other vet missed it :facepalm:

Well, we love him already, he's a very good boy

IMG_2929.jpeg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it really pisses me off, happens a lot here also

This is the first one that our cats like and invited in, so really, we had no choice but to keep him (that is our excuse, we really don't need 5 cats, but I guess that's what we have now, hahahaha)

He slept with us and everything after they let him come in. When we first "met" him, we figured we had our first outdoor cat, silly us

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

How is that sweet little kitten doing?

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He is doing awesome. We now have 5 more babies between 2 weeks and 7 weeks old now along with a new born that still had about 4 inches of umbilical cord still attached. Appears momma was in the process of moving her babies and something startled her. She never came back for it. This little one is hanging in there but not knowing how much colostrum it got from momma his or her outlook is sketchy at best. We will do our best for it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Meet Lil' Kali
Hey, Woofie! We have a feral in the garage with the same name (yeah, short for Calico). After several years, she has finally decided to love me (hugs and kisses, etc. while I feed and pet her) and has made it apparent she'd like to move into the house, but we already have 20 in here, so she has to stay a garage cat. Oh well...

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Meet Lil' Kali
cbdbd822f92e3c521bfccc3556d67a39.jpg

She is the first kitty that has been brave enough to come up on the porch. There are others, but all of them jet off when seeing a human. I talked with her and told her to stay here and I'll get you some water and food. She listened...ate a few bites and drank than left.
All I had for food was dog food, but today got some kitty food for her. She was back early this evening. Took food out and she came up to eat. I couldn't stay outside this time to visit with her, I had dinner going. I checked on her and she was looking for me at the screen door, I think she was saying thank you for the food and water :) . She took off for the evening, hoping to see and spend time with her tomorrow.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
awww, what a sweetheart. Remember that feral guy last year that was living in my backyard? One second I could touch him ( after a few months that is ) the next he would attack. After I trapped him and got him inside we discovered he simply needed some medical care. . But this is him today, about a year later. He is SO needy. :) I love him though. Anyway bless all of you that take care of these furkids!

and yep, after he decides he has had enough attention, I need to wipe everything down AGAIN! kitty hair does not make good wicking material! HA HA , meh, I don't care. Only takes a few min to clean it.

IMG_20210707_044356387 (1).jpgIMG_20210707_044440901 (1).jpg

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We took in another cat from our feral colony. The vet says she is a diluted torte. I named her Silver. She was already spayed and so sweet. None of our other 13 cats mess with her. It's quite odd. She is only 8.11 ounces.

Attachments

• 20210622_125830.jpg
    20210622_125830.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
awww, what a sweetheart. Remember that feral guy last year that was living in my backyard? One second I could touch him ( after a few months that is ) the next he would attack. After I trapped him and got him inside we discovered he simply needed some medical care. . But this is him today, about a year later. He is SO needy. :) I love him though. Anyway bless all of you that take care of these furkids!

and yep, after he decides he has had enough attention, I need to wipe everything down AGAIN! kitty hair does not make good wicking material! HA HA , meh, I don't care. Only takes a few min to clean it.

View attachment 184102View attachment 184103
I have a black that does this except when he's had enough you get the claw and teeth treatment.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Woofie! We have a feral in the garage with the same name (yeah, short for Calico). After several years, she has finally decided to love me (hugs and kisses, etc. while I feed and pet her) and has made it apparent she'd like to move into the house, but we already have 20 in here, so she has to stay a garage cat. Oh well...
I thought our 14 cats were alot.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We think that's where Silver came from. You can do anything to that cat and she doesn't care. Real ferals aren't like that.
So true, even William, still gets that "look" Mostly to visitors though and sometimes hubby. He is pretty good now with me. But the Monster in law was visiting and she went to go pet him and I warned her to go very slow around him. She starts putting her hand out to pet him ( he was laying on the counter ) and I could see it in his eyes. and he started to slowly pull his head back. He was very good though. All the while I am silently thinking to myself, bite her bite her LOL.............I imagine he will always be that way and I do still get a bit nervous when he wants to come up near my face and do the head rubs on my chin. Only last year he would quite often bite my chin. Hasn't happened in a long time, so he may be just fine with me now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
He's meeping, lol

Son had the temerity to touch Mo on his belly earlier, drew back a hand bearing big evidence of what a mistake that was. Mo puts up with no shit! LOL I told him, just because he lays out there on the porch on his back, belly exposed, doesn't mean that he wants anybody to touch that belly.

They have the same birthday, not year of course, but month and day. So Mo is the only cat my son can tolerate. They be buds, though. :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Son had the temerity to touch Mo on his belly earlier, drew back a hand bearing big evidence of what a mistake that was. Mo puts up with no shit! LOL I told him, just because he lays out there on the porch on his back, belly exposed, doesn't mean that he wants anybody to touch that belly.

They have the same birthday, not year of course, but month and day. So Mo is the only cat my son can tolerate. They be buds, though. :)

Yes, most don't realize the exposed belly is a trap

While some cats will tolerate a stroke or two, in reality the exposed belly is telling you they trust you not to touch it and will let you have it for violating that

A cat won't expose the tummy unless it feels highly secure

IMG_2917.jpeg

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While some cats will tolerate a stroke or two, in reality the exposed belly is telling you they trust you not to touch it and will let you have it for violating that
We have two (both female) who actually want their bellies rubbed (you can pet them there for an hour with no bloody retaliation). Several others will tolerate it for several minutes. I do not think any of our 20 house cats has ever cut me up for rubbing their bellies. The ferals, on the other hand... well, assuming you have a hand left... :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My most recent feline buddy, Maow. He lives up in the brn. Saw recently he invited another cat to live with him, a Maine C00n cat. Got a 32 oz cup from Sheetz I use to dole out feed. Spring & Summer up to mid October I'll just put half a cup out daily. Come mid autumn, and Winter I'll feed the whole cup over two feedings daily. These are "working" / barn cats. They earn their keep.

IMG_20210807_065729077.jpg

Until this past week I had thought Maow a lady cat. Well, I took a few minutes to sit down and look. Maow may be neuter, but he's still a gentleman cat. Bugger loves on me something terrible. Made him our outdoor security guard. Shrek, our dog knows Maow can correct him. It's funny because Maow just walks over and loves on Shrek to correct him. :)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My most recent feline buddy, Maow. He lives up in the brn. Saw recently he invited another cat to live with him, a Maine C00n cat. Got a 32 oz cup from Sheetz I use to dole out feed. Spring & Summer up to mid October I'll just put half a cup out daily. Come mid autumn, and Winter I'll feed the whole cup over two feedings daily. These are "working" / barn cats. They earn their keep.

View attachment 184954

Until this past week I had thought Maow a lady cat. Well, I took a few minutes to sit down and look. Maow may be neuter, but he's still a gentleman cat. Bugger loves on me something terrible. Made him our outdoor security guard. Shrek, our dog knows Maow can correct him. It's funny because Maow just walks over and loves on Shrek to correct him. :)

He's beautiful! It can be dang near hilarious to watch the interaction between cats and dogs, despite the cat being the "underdog' (pun intended) when it comes to size. Dogs are just so trusting and consistent, and cats, just the opposite! Ya just have to hope the dog learns quickly! lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He's beautiful! It can be dang near hilarious to watch the interaction between cats and dogs, despite the cat being the "underdog' (pun intended) when it comes to size. Dogs are just so trusting and consistent, and cats, just the opposite! Ya just have to hope the dog learns quickly! lol
Think Shrek got the idea when Maow didn't run away from him. Maow seems a real laid back fellow. Although wife thinks she heard him "scrapping" with someone this evening. Went out and got him squared away.

ETA Update: Maow and surprise guest. :)

240192985_367737201509328_638115457028187830_n.jpg

240386788_220073706739354_615623415773010360_n.jpg

And yes, he's perfectly comfy and safe there.

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New addition to our family:

About 6 weeks ago, I saw a tan cat (not one of ours, domesticated or feral) running across the yard chasing a rabbit. Didn't see him again for awhile, so I figured he was just passing through. Apparently, he discovered that I feed the ferals in the garage and he came back and stayed. Then I noticed he is Siamese. I never had one of those and the people I used to know who had them, they were pretty stuck up and not friendly at all (the cats, not the people). I also know that no rancher for many miles in any direction would keep this type of cat, so I assumed he was probaby a motorhome passenger who got out at the rest area a few miles from here and wandered off, not to be recaptured by his family before they had to move on. I also thought he might be a drop off (lots of assholes do that near our farm), but when I talked to the vet in Faith, I was told no one in town owned Siamese cats, so that made that idea pretty lame.

Anyway, he not only stayed here, but very quickly showed he was super friendly and there is no doubt he was somebody's house cat. He loves pets and scrtiches (even on his belly) and now sits on my shoulder and lap loving the heck outta me (cheek to cheek, kisses, etc.). As soon as I can get him neutered, no doubt he'll raise the housecat count to 21.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
New addition to our family:

About 6 weeks ago, I saw a tan cat (not one of ours, domesticated or feral) running across the yard chasing a rabbit. Didn't see him again for awhile, so I figured he was just passing through. Apparently, he discovered that I feed the ferals in the garage and he came back and stayed. Then I noticed he is Siamese. I never had one of those and the people I used to know who had them, they were pretty stuck up and not friendly at all (the cats, not the people). I also know that no rancher for many miles in any direction would keep this type of cat, so I assumed he was probaby a motorhome passenger who got out at the rest area a few miles from here and wandered off, not to be recaptured by his family before they had to move on. I also thought he might be a drop off (lots of assholes do that near our farm), but when I talked to the vet in Faith, I was told no one in town owned Siamese cats, so that made that idea pretty lame.

Anyway, he not only stayed here, but very quickly showed he was super friendly and there is no doubt he was somebody's house cat. He loves pets and scrtiches (even on his belly) and now sits on my shoulder and lap loving the heck outta me (cheek to cheek, kisses, etc.). As soon as I can get him neutered, no doubt he'll raise the housecat count to 21.

Three of our five are Siamese mongrels - they are just a higher level of cat and have personality plus if they decide you are worth getting to know

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sam our Siamese has not been himself. He is FIV but normally he only has the respiratory stuff going on. We tried to take him to the vet about three weeks ago or so come but get him in the cage. He can be very determined. He had gotten to the point where he would not come out of a box so we put the carrier in front and got him in.

He has a 61k white count. The vet thinks he may have Valley fever. He does live in the garage most of the time so he gets dust. I just don't know if he has this. It doesn't look like leukemia. He got a shot of covenia for his respiratory and is almost back to his old self, 70%, but you can tell he doesn't feel good.

I love cats very much too! I have three cats myself. But they are all my girlfriend's. All right. If you consider her. That's four cats. I want to take a picture of them, by the way. And probably get a photocarite. It's a cool theme.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's official. I am now part of the Mr. Squinty Eyes pride/gang. Fed Maow and went down to FIL's to look for a hew wrench I dropped yesterday. Had a magnet and know about grid searching. Started searching and next I know here's this white and dusty orange splotched paw pointing out just where I had searched. I moved on, the paw followed. Then, another paw ahead of my search swatting at my hand and the magnet.

"Damn it Maow!"

He just looked at me with "that" face.

"Just helping you."

Kept searching a bit. Went to the other side of the table. Found a screw diver bit but still no hex wrench. Know damn well it had iron in it. There was red colored rust on it like iron makes. A magnet should have found it, one might be forgiven for thinking.

Maow kept "helping" me, and then we walked back up to our respective barns. There was no joy to the search. I'll just buy an affordable replacement set w. one having the size I lost.

So yeah, if he's going to be smart ass-ing me like that, I'm in his gang. He likes playing like that. Helps remind me to not be so serious. :)

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I posted this in the "Post a Photo" thread. My house guest took this Sunday upon returning from her last walk around the neighborhood. We have kittens here every spring, because everybody puts food and water out for them. I have mixed feelings because they turn into little shits who terrorize the birds and squirrels. Pretty cute though.

Kitty 10Oct21 sm.JPG

VU Sponsors