Become a Patron!

What are you cooking?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Remember these? Yes, that is some rather vintage Tupperware I got at thrift. :)

m5oB5rI.jpg

Gramma and later Mom were dealers back in the 70s-80s, these things were and still are so dang useful.
Esp. for things like rice where ya have wet and dry to measure. No extra cups needed, just turn it over.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With the raised lettering so easy to spruce it up. Just put paint on a piece of card board and roll it~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
We are eating everything Mulberry lately.
Misses made this. Her famous Croissant,Strawberry Jam, Mulberry, Vanilla custard dessert. She used some Cap and FA custard in the custard she made for it.
My late Father used to love this dish!

Cut Croissants and put some jam in them, add the berries.

20210107_173120(1).jpg

Cover with custard.
20210107_173644(1).jpg

Sprinkle crushed roasted Almonds.
20210107_173737(1).jpg

Cook and serve. ?
20210107_193735(1).jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Making Shepherds Pie for dinner tonight. Bought some expensive ground lamb because they didn't have anything else. Free Range type of stuff with no Steroids or Antibiotics. Using fresh potatoes for the topping and this is going to be a goodie~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Making Shepherds Pie for dinner tonight. Bought some expensive ground lamb because they didn't have anything else. Free Range type of stuff with no Steroids or Antibiotics. Using fresh potatoes for the topping and this is going to be a goodie~!

Love shepherd's pie. Anything with meat, brown gravy, and potatoes is alright by me! :)

Have been wanting to make a pan of oven-braised country style steak. Have not made that since a year ago Christmas. One of these days soon I will rustle some up, on a day when I don't have to work.

I think we're having pot roast au jus and mashed potatoes tonight, made the easy way, maybe some crowder peas too, and rolls. Work days we mostly have stuff that is quick and easy to fix, and Hormel has a pre-cooked pot roast dinner type thing that is good with some Bob Evans mashed potatoes. If you haven't tried Bob Evans mashed potatoes, you're missing out.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Love shepherd's pie. Anything with meat, brown gravy, and potatoes is alright by me! :)

Have been wanting to make a pan of oven-braised country style steak. Have not made that since a year ago Christmas. One of these days soon I will rustle some up, on a day when I don't have to work.

I think we're having pot roast au jus and mashed potatoes tonight, made the easy way, maybe some crowder peas too, and rolls. Work days we mostly have stuff that is quick and easy to fix, and Hormel has a pre-cooked pot roast dinner type thing that is good with some Bob Evans mashed potatoes. If you haven't tried Bob Evans mashed potatoes, you're missing out.

This Lamb I bought is Incredible~! So lean it is awesome. My Homemade Mashed beats any you can buy! These have 1/2&1/2 Butter and Egg Yolk in them for the topping~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This Lamb I bought is Incredible~! So lean it is awesome. My Homemade Mashed beats any you can buy! These have 1/2&1/2 Butter and Egg Yolk in them for the topping~!

Oh, I have no doubt. The Bob Evans ones just are not typical of mashed potatoes you can buy - they are a far cry from "instant."

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tonight I used the leftover Fresh Ham to make a Pulled Pork Ragu. This is the Pulled Pork and will post after I server it over the pasta~!

1610316792198.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a sandwich of awesomeness. :D
  • Sourdough bread
  • Garlic aioli
  • Spicy brown mustard
  • Roma tomato
  • Persian cucumber
  • White onion
  • Queen green olives, sliced
  • Beef bologna
  • Deli roasted turkey breast
  • Colby cheddar
  • Arugula
  • Fresh ground S & P

P1040791.JPG

P1040795.JPG

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I made a bowl of raw vegetables for my family the other night (I am quite the chef).
Some people call it a salad.
Ingredients: Vegetables
If you want to get really fancy add some Tahini or nut based dressing.
Not Shown: Raw can of sardines. I eat this at the table every now and then to gross everyone out.

20210107_171208.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Red wine, goulash, mushroom pies.
I cheated but this goulash from Croatia is delicious! A good splash of French red and some mushrooms added to the goulash, simmer for and hour and its done.
20210116_150812_HDR(1).jpg
20210116_150900(1).jpg
20210116_174348(1).jpg
20210116_181733(1).jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Made an Onion Pie today for tomorrows dinner. Was not in the mood to go for dough so I made it from scratch.

1610827837876.png

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm a master of Italian cuisine, but don't have any pictures though. My family is too fast and voracious
That's ok. My misses is Italian, her Mom and Dad from Calabria.
If I'm too late to take a pic...... I saw nothing! :huh:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dad brought me some nifty breads tonight that he'd found at the local Franz bakery store, including some awesome marbled rye. Had to make a grilled cheese. ;)

OLpH0wV.jpg

* Marbled rye bread
* Deli roast turkey breast
* Pepper-jack cheese
* Mayo mixed with chopped onion and Hatch chile, Dijon mustard, and horseradish
* Cajun seasoning salt for the meat

Yummers. ??

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Dad brought me some nifty breads tonight that he'd found at the local Franz bakery store, including some awesome marbled rye. Had to make a grilled cheese. ;)

OLpH0wV.jpg

* Marbled rye bread
* Deli roast turkey breast
* Pepper-jack cheese
* Mayo mixed with chopped onion and Hatch chile, Dijon mustard, and horseradish
* Cajun seasoning salt for the meat

Yummers. ??
Every time I hear Marbled Rye I think of this :giggle:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Smoked sausage and mushroom alfredo pizza. :D

Crusts were a tad dry, so rubbed 'em all over with EVOO on a paper towel.

Spread some pepperjack on the bottom under/with the sauce to keep the crust from soaking up all the juices, topper cheese is Provolone.

Thank you, convection oven...I'm new to these crusts and they are kinda a PITA. Thin crust ain't my thing.
But, by alternating between Bake and Convection to help this very moist pizza dry out a bit w/o burning and using parchment paper, I got it sorted.

P1040836_1.JPG P1040839_1.JPG P1040840_1.JPG

Too much cheese? Does not compute...

P1040841_1.JPG

With Hatch chile, onion, and the best smoked garlic salt there is. Also, my DIY'd EV1L Reaper chile powder was applied.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Smoked sausage and mushroom alfredo pizza. :D

Crusts were a tad dry, so rubbed 'em all over with EVOO on a paper towel.

Spread some pepperjack on the bottom under/with the sauce to keep the crust from soaking up all the juices, topper cheese is Provolone.

Thank you, convection oven...I'm new to these crusts and they are kinda a PITA. Thin crust ain't my thing.
But, by alternating between Bake and Convection to help this very moist pizza dry out a bit w/o burning and using parchment paper, I got it sorted.

View attachment 177017 View attachment 177016 View attachment 177015

Too much cheese? Does not compute...

View attachment 177014

With Hatch chile, onion, and the best smoked garlic salt there is. Also, my DIY'd EV1L Reaper chile powder was applied.
When in doubt, add more cheese! That's my Pizza motto.
Love mushrooms on Pizza. Got some Swiss mushrooms the other day. Thankfully since Aldi came to our country town we get to try some things the other supermarkets dont get. Was surprised how much they shrunk in size when cooked compared to others but the flavour was beautiful! I do love Oyster mushrooms, though my misses isnt a fan and usually gives me half of hers, no complaints here with that, and love Portobello,s.
They are one of my favourite eats. My misses has an aunt and uncle that grow their own and pickle them. They are amazing done that way. When we visit them down in Melbourne they give us a couple of big jars of them. We never decline them. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
those pork chops look good..

adds 2 apples to the shopping cart

I used Granny Smith Apples and Apple Sauce along with breadcrumbs and a few other spices and cheese. There are so many recipes for stuffed pork chops. Fontina Cheese and Spinach is another good one I like to make.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure seems to be a LOT of us influenced with PASTA around here tonight HU?

I am trying to use up the Pasta I bought when the Pandemic hit before it goes bad~! I had to throw away an almost full 5 Lbs bag of Flour because when bread was scarce I bought 10 lbs of flour~! Never thought that I wouldn't be able to buy Yeast.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am trying to use up the Pasta I bought when the Pandemic hit before it goes bad~! I had to throw away an almost full 5 Lbs bag of Flour because when bread was scarce I bought 10 lbs of flour~! Never thought that I wouldn't be able to buy Yeast.
NO YEAST,,
o geezz I would be doomed..
how about amazon?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There was No Yeast anywhere and I had gotten a Block Oo Fresh from a Bakery but I did not use it fast enough. Now it is available in the stores again and going to start stocking up.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got in the big beastie....this is awesome. :D
My first electric meat grinder, it's about damn time.
It's purdy too.

P1040859.JPG P1040861.JPG P1040863.JPG

Got it for cheap and with all original parts and packaging. Even the manual.
It's basically in like-new condition, but for quite a bit less than retail. ;)

No more freezing my ass off dicing and/or grinding Milly's food up by hand. Plus, I can make my own hamburger and brekky sausage however I like whenever I like. Maybe even rice some cauliflower?

I also can make larger batches of Milly's food up to freeze and have less whining from her because I'd ran out. Trust me, having her wake me up and making her food from scratch at 6am is not ideal. :-/

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a wee sammich:

IMG_20210129_153253.jpg IMG_20210129_153907.jpg IMG_20210129_153749.jpg

Deli roast turkey, Braunschweiger, Amish sauerkraut I'd spiced up, Provolone cheese, red onion, garlic pepper, a chile pepper seasoning blend, and scant mayo on marbled rye. Toasted until melty. =)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors