Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I grabbed a couple of those Grus mods when they were dirt cheap but never opened the boxes yet.
A lady at work uses one and says she has dropped it on concrete at least a half dozen times and it's still kicking.
Tough mod i guess
I got my Grus for a great price too- it seems like a very heavy duty well built mod- I am enjoying using mine- I never dropped it so I can't say if it would break it or not, but good to hear about your friend dropping hers and it is still kicking!
<3

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
GV Aegis max with GV Zeus X Mesh, Winter Cocoa
HCigar Cold Steel 100 with Gear RTA, Cherry Lemonade from Tony's Eliquid
Pico Squeeze with Elder Dragon, Freeman Minty Cocoa
Minikin V2 with Aromamizer Supreme V3, Chess Pie, about to switch to Yum Yums (plain glazed pastry)

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Took a trip down memory lane, and cracked open my one remaining new in the box Uwell Crown sub ohm tank (never did know where my old one went to). After 5 years in the box it's still shiny new. And a total pleasure to vape, the airflow is different than the rdas I'm used to now. And I wouldn't call the flavor spectacular, despite the gushing reviewers at the time. I think I'll use unflavored in it and just enjoy the vape for itself. But I always thought that the Crown was an extremely cool looking tank. I remember no one could get their hands on one at first, I had to wait 3 months myself. Then there was the Crown 2, that was a nice one.

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Took a trip down memory lane, and cracked open my one remaining new in the box Uwell Crown sub ohm tank (never did know where my old one went to). After 5 years in the box it's still shiny new. And a total pleasure to vape, the airflow is different than the rdas I'm used to now. And I wouldn't call the flavor spectacular, despite the gushing reviewers at the time. I think I'll use unflavored in it and just enjoy the vape for itself. But I always thought that the Crown was an extremely cool looking tank. I remember no one could get their hands on one at first, I had to wait 3 months myself. Then there was the Crown 2, that was a nice one too.
Do you have the RBA head for that Crown 1 ?

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Took a trip down memory lane, and cracked open my one remaining new in the box Uwell Crown sub ohm tank (never did know where my old one went to). After 5 years in the box it's still shiny new. And a total pleasure to vape, the airflow is different than the rdas I'm used to now. And I wouldn't call the flavor spectacular, despite the gushing reviewers at the time. I think I'll use unflavored in it and just enjoy the vape for itself. But I always thought that the Crown was an extremely cool looking tank. I remember no one could get their hands on one at first, I had to wait 3 months myself. Then there was the Crown 2, that was a nice one too.
I actually do, @Pastorfuzz , so when my little supply of coils runs out I can use that.
Ok, because I have some I got dirt cheap last year if you needed any.
Ta ke care

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh hey, that's a mighty nice offer, thank you, but I'm good. And let me know if I can do anything for you also. We're all kind of like family here anyway.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh hey, that's a mighty nice offer, thank you, but I'm good. And let me know if I can do anything for you also. We're all kind of like family here anyway.

The flavor using the RBA is a lot better, imo. The Crown factory coils were meh to me.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I was sent a cool little pod mod for review from @Famovapeofficial1
The Magma AIO Kit- they also sent me a 5 pack of the 0.4Ω coils, nice!
So far I am really liking this very small pod mod, vape tastes great in this and the 1000 mAh battery gets me thru a few hours of vaping when I am out running errands when a mod is too big to take with me!
I am not much of a pod mod person, but nice to have something like the Magma for new vapers or someone like me that wants a small stealthy vape mod to use when I am on the go!

:blowkiss:

Magma AIO kit
Blueberry Cotton Candy- Pack Juice

1612874310435.jpeg

1612874342766.jpeg

Last edited:

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Still rocking my In'Ax...

And the beast is finally 95% complete.
0f960534d83bf82cc01a7c35a7b3213c.jpg
8ec92b5eefdcc5c51abf492fb86bc823.jpg
8db022f9119755b8c3416ed197c21116.jpg
33bb8c0d2dec43b45eb5ed1557f46f35.jpg
a8f064d690a61ce0b06d1e160aa698ab.jpg
92a14c11baa22a7ae3db4352e727b71b.jpg
9b3d7b996dc9a475fe34c2eb27c4bfda.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Still rocking my In'Ax...

And the beast is finally 95% complete.
0f960534d83bf82cc01a7c35a7b3213c.jpg
8ec92b5eefdcc5c51abf492fb86bc823.jpg
8db022f9119755b8c3416ed197c21116.jpg
33bb8c0d2dec43b45eb5ed1557f46f35.jpg
a8f064d690a61ce0b06d1e160aa698ab.jpg
92a14c11baa22a7ae3db4352e727b71b.jpg
9b3d7b996dc9a475fe34c2eb27c4bfda.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

The electronics are impressive, but what catches my eye is that oak (or maple) dining chair.

I'm a mid-century furniture buff. Would much rather have pieces with character and patina than any of the newer stuff.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Copper Vape aluminum single cell 18650 mod with a Molly cell battery, a SXK Haku Venna Styled RDA (the cheapest Haiku Venna clone) with a rough ~0.30/.35 Kanthal A1 coil. Using unflavored max VG juice.

After setting the coil up to near flush with air holes the rda is doing a lot better for me. Got the air wide open and put a different drip tip on it (personal pref, a 15 mm translucent 510 semi-huff tip). Needed to lift my nose off the deck a bit. *chuckles*

Will say you need to build a bit different on this deck. One side has a hole, the other a slot. Took a minute to see that & then go "huh?" Got it sorted out though. Reckon the rda is growing on me. Thanks to @Syythe.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've grown really tired of my RTA's and building and took my nautilus, nautilus mini and nautilus 2 out of retirement. I've not had a big rotation for a couple years either. I used to have 40 or 50 mods. After selling or giving away I now have 5 mods. I'm a simple guy so a nautilus mini with some tobacco e liquid and I'm happy. I was using the 5ml Nautilus and I've cracked the glass :( unfortunately you can't get spares now cos of tpd either. Fuck you government and you shitty 2ml rule!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Minikin Reborn with Asmodus Zesthia RTA, Praline Waffle DIY
HCigar Cold Steel 100 with Gear RTA, Cherry Lemonade from Tony's eliquid
Kanger Kbox Mini Platinum with Flave 22mm RDTA, Chess Pie DIY

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GV Aegis max with GV Zeus X Mesh, Winter Cocoa
HCigar Cold Steel 100 with Gear RTA, Cherry Lemonade from Tony's Eliquid
Pico Squeeze with Elder Dragon, Freeman Minty Cocoa
Minikin V2 with Aromamizer Supreme V3, Chess Pie, about to switch to Yum Yums (plain glazed pastry)
That plain glazed pastry sounds yummy
Took a trip down memory lane, and cracked open my one remaining new in the box Uwell Crown sub ohm tank (never did know where my old one went to). After 5 years in the box it's still shiny new. And a total pleasure to vape, the airflow is different than the rdas I'm used to now. And I wouldn't call the flavor spectacular, despite the gushing reviewers at the time. I think I'll use unflavored in it and just enjoy the vape for itself. But I always thought that the Crown was an extremely cool looking tank. I remember no one could get their hands on one at first, I had to wait 3 months myself. Then there was the Crown 2, that was a nice one.
The crown is still my favourite sub ohm tank even after all the mesh ones have been released. Great flavour and definitely the best brown. The crown 3 was good and so is the crown 4 but for some reason I still prefer the original crown. I bought like 5 when a website was doing a clearance. I don't like the sliding topfill that's on all the new tanks either. Would rather have twist off like on the older tanks. Bayonet top caps are pretty dope but there's absolutely no need for sliding top fill. It's messy and often backs up and comes out the fill hole.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That plain glazed pastry sounds yummy

The crown is still my favourite sub ohm tank even after all the mesh ones have been released. Great flavour and definitely the best brown. The crown 3 was good and so is the crown 4 but for some reason I still prefer the original crown. I bought like 5 when a website was doing a clearance. I don't like the sliding topfill that's on all the new tanks either. Would rather have twist off like on the older tanks. Bayonet top caps are pretty dope but there's absolutely no need for sliding top fill. It's messy and often backs up and comes out the fill hole.

The Yum Yums recipe came from alltheflavors.com, from a mixer named SweetPoisonKim. Give it a try, it's great!

I have an OG Crown Mini that I use with an RBA. Love it, and especially love the RBA. Has great flavor.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Yum Yums recipe came from alltheflavors.com, from a mixer named SweetPoisonKim. Give it a try, it's great!

I have an OG Crown Mini that I use with an RBA. Love it, and especially love the RBA. Has great flavor.
I sure will and I agree the crown and the RBA is awesome. I also love the Cleito RBA

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
AV Timekeeper clone with Reload S clone, Met4 Golden Ticket
iJoy Shogun Univ with Dvarw DL clone, Freeman Cococaine, about to change this to something else and then I'm never vaping any more Cococaine.
Pico Squeeze with Dead Rabbit SQ, Freeman Vice Cream

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AV Timekeeper clone with Reload S clone, Met4 Golden Ticket
iJoy Shogun Univ with Dvarw DL clone, Freeman Cococaine, about to change this to something else and then I'm never vaping any more Cococaine.
Pico Squeeze with Dead Rabbit SQ, Freeman Vice Cream
Lmao cococaine reminds me of Queens of the stone age- feel good hit of the summer.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I was thinking about getting a box mod after CNY holiday. I was gonna get the puff boy cuz I really wanted one as it looked super cool. I know some would say it doesnt perform that well, but fuck it that's how I ended up with a evic mini cuz its got a clock to tell time.

But I found that $80 USD is kinda out of my range, so I talked to a friend and he said he still do vapelusion stuff if you still want the hannya. So I think I'm going to be getting the that one instead.

But he also reminded me that I have like few rods and I told him I'm gonna stop spending so much on mods lol.

so at point I'm still thinking about it on my birthday lol. Impulse shopping isnt really a good thing. Anyone wanna help me out.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So I was thinking about getting a box mod after CNY holiday. I was gonna get the puff boy cuz I really wanted one as it looked super cool. I know some would say it doesnt perform that well, but fuck it that's how I ended up with a evic mini cuz its got a clock to tell time.

But I found that $80 USD is kinda out of my range, so I talked to a friend and he said he still do vapelusion stuff if you still want the hannya. So I think I'm going to be getting the that one instead.

But he also reminded me that I have like few rods and I told him I'm gonna stop spending so much on mods lol.

so at point I'm still thinking about it on my birthday lol. Impulse shopping isnt really a good thing. Anyone wanna help me out.

I think I've said before (or maybe I just thought it) that you're going to continue to have problems with your gear until you quit worrying about what "looks super cool" and instead just buy something that will hold up to your lifestyle. You need something sturdy, like a Geekvape Aegis or a Vandy Vape Jackaroo, or a Sigelei Humvee. If you prefer using RDAs, then get a Topside Dual squonker. Built like a tank.

You've had enough trouble now that it's time to look at function instead of form. Get yourself something that won't break the first time you drop it in the street!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
All I've vaped so far today is a Pico Mega with a Lemo 2 RTA. Juice is diy Cream Tea.

In the living room to work now, so vaping a Tesla Punk Nano with Zeus X RTA, diy Toffee Coffee.

I really like this combination of the Punk Nano and the Zeus X (not mesh). It is a really good vape with coils at 0.28 ohms and watts at 45, and it looks really good together with a taller dark red drip tip I got from FT. Punk Nano is the copper color.

Last edited:

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think I've said before (or maybe I just thought it) that you're going to continue to have problems with your gear until you quit worrying about what "looks super cool" and instead just buy something that will hold up to your lifestyle. You need something sturdy, like a Geekvape Aegis or a Vandy Vape Jackaroo, or a Sigelei Humvee. If you prefer using RDAs, then get a Topside Dual squonker. Built like a tank.

You've had enough trouble now that it's time to look at function instead of form. Get yourself something that won't break the first time you drop it in the street!
The puff boy is just something I really want for my collection.

I live in country where looks over function when it comes to resale value. I would love the mods you recommend but I also find it hard to find it due to the fact that my resources are limited.

Not gonna lie a lot ppl that sell shit here in China or still sell limited shit, mostly do popular stuff especially tanks. I have a reload RDA clone that I bought it for $10 USD or so. Drop it a few times and the groove just gone. Its garbage but its popular that's why ppl still carry it.

I have goon 528 and lp, both are clones under $20 USD. Feels way much better then the reload period. This is my 2nd goon 528 and lp, actually the bottom is both lp's cuz the 528 one was broken so my friend throw in the top for free. Its a better tank, i don't know how many ppl carry it now. Its just like kangertech, it was hot back in the day..........just never in China. Only online retailers sold it.

I don't know why I can't get into squonker and I don't know why it's not popular here in China.

I'm currently using a acrohm fush semi mech. Its my show off mod and I bought it just to show off at clubs. I have a thing for led lights at night, while I use my rouge USA clone at home as it perform slightly powerful cuz it reads 60A battery normally. Also have a bunch of pods that companies gave me for free and I just use it for THC juice. I have already control myself already not buying everything I see.

Last edited:

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Today a blast from the past. Circa 2016, purchased here in VU in almost mint condition for a song.
Hcigar vt75
Boreas rta
Charlie's Chalk Dust butter cookie
My pic will not post. I will try later. Sorry

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Ok, because I have some I got dirt cheap last year if you needed any.
Ta ke care
Dude you are one cool guy. I have been on the receiving end of the Pastor's blessings. You really look out for others. A rare trait these days, although frequent here on VU. I by the way have an og Crown with rba deck, which is good but I do like the flavor from the .25 coils better. I will need to get some when finances improve. But the og Crown is one of the very few sub tanks I still keep. It is in almost daily rotation. Peace and love to you and yours.
Rick

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thought some might find this bit of kit interesting, if you hadn't seen it yet

Last edited:

VU Sponsors