Become a Patron!

Smok Alien 220w is pretty awesome

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I only have a couple of minor gripes.

The drip tip on one baby tank is very loose. Won't fall out on it's own, but doesn't take much to knock it off.

When changing tanks with different coils, the display has to be off before it recognizes the change and prompts for New Coil Y/N ? I have my Screen Time set at just 20 seconds, but it gets me every time.

The stainless tank that comes with the silver/silver mod has RED O-rings. Black would look much better, imo.

That's about it. No misfires about 2000 hits on the black, and 600 on the silver. Fire buttons nice and tight. No rattles. The supplied screen protectors are obviously only for shipping purposes, and start peeling immediately. No biggie for me. Love the fit, finish, size, adjustability, etc. The base is large enough that it doesn't tip over in a soft breeze like my Kanger Nano did, lol. I have Version 1.2.1 on both, but I don't use TC (yet). Will dl the update if/when I do.

A definite winner so far!

Mine is actually the opposite. It doesn't recognize different tank and ask if new unless screen is on. If I change while screen is off, most times (I believe every time) it will continue to register the old resistance and I have to remove tank and reinstall it while screen is on. I have updated though, would be curious to know if that changes when you update.

Did your tank not have black o rings in the spares? Mine seemed to have a lot more spares than my friends. I got o rings for almost all of the color variations, he didn't.

Does the silver finish appear to be as durable as the black? I know it's kind of a subjective question, but curious as it looks quite smart.

It sounds like you know this already, but the update addressed several issues, not just ones in TC mode. It addressed the misfires (looks like you knew about that one), the accuracy of the battery indicators, and increased the time before the low battery cut off kicked in ("increase" in battery life). There were some other issues it addressed, but those are only he ones I can remember off the top of my head from my reading.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just curious since people are posting pics of their aliens if anyone had pics of the alien next to other mods (specifically dual18650mods) for size comparisons and what not. Sorry about the confusion.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was just curious since people are posting pics of their aliens if anyone had pics of the alien next to other mods (specifically dual18650mods) for size comparisons and what not. Sorry about the confusion.

No problem. Just thought I had missed something, and maybe my CRS was showing. The only pics I had seen were of the same mod, different finish so I got confused. I am almost as easily confused as I am entertained! =P

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
New colors for the Alien. I really like that silver/blue.

https://breazy.com/products/alien-kit-220w-smok
I kinda like the white red but gold hits the hardest ;)
Still waiting for a "jets" green mod to be made lol

I only have a couple of minor gripes.

The drip tip on one baby tank is very loose. Won't fall out on it's own, but doesn't take much to knock it off.

When changing tanks with different coils, the display has to be off before it recognizes the change and prompts for New Coil Y/N ? I have my Screen Time set at just 20 seconds, but it gets me every time.

The stainless tank that comes with the silver/silver mod has RED O-rings. Black would look much better, imo.

That's about it. No misfires about 2000 hits on the black, and 600 on the silver. Fire buttons nice and tight. No rattles. The supplied screen protectors are obviously only for shipping purposes, and start peeling immediately. No biggie for me. Love the fit, finish, size, adjustability, etc. The base is large enough that it doesn't tip over in a soft breeze like my Kanger Nano did, lol. I have Version 1.2.1 on both, but I don't use TC (yet). Will dl the update if/when I do.

A definite winner so far!
I usually just click the fire button with no atty on when changes (force of habit from the G2 probably) and it always gives me the "new coil" prompt after that

Are you sure the tip is all the way in? mine seems to fit very snug as in not easy to get it in. I juiced up the orings to let it slide in easier but if anything mine is really tight not loose.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Left Hohmwrecker G2, Middle alien, Right VT133
szzns3.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Is it that much smaller than the vt133? It looks a lot smaller from that pic.
it's pretty significantly smaller. a little smaller on height, a little bigger on width, a lot smaller on depth

it's a really smart design. the board in it is flat, and the bottom loading batteries make it really compact

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Left Hohmwrecker G2, Middle alien, Right VT133
szzns3.jpg
dang the alien is tiny compared to the g2. I guess tho since I Edc the g2 daily I'm used to it's size so anything smaller will feel even smaller. I wish black Friday was here I predict the alien kits will be as cheap as 30 bucks state side.
there's multiple sellers and used sellers selling the alien on ebay asking way too much! especially the used kits

Hey could u post a photo of the g2 behind the alien want to see just how small that thing really is compared to the g2
Sent from a phone

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
dang the alien is tiny compared to the g2. I guess tho since I Edc the g2 daily I'm used to it's size so anything smaller will feel even smaller. I wish black Friday was here I predict the alien kits will be as cheap as 30 bucks state side.
there's multiple sellers and used sellers selling the alien on ebay asking way too much! especially the used kits

Hey could u post a photo of the g2 behind the alien want to see just how small that thing really is compared to the g2
Sent from a phone
i can when i get home later today

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, I'm so torn between buying another Slice or getting my first Alien. Gonna wait for black Friday and see what shakes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ecig-city.com has the orange and gold alien kits in stock for $59.99. Just a heads up for those looking for those colors.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just stopped by a local vape shop to check out some rta's, that's a different story in its own since I'm clueless about building. Anyways, They didn't have the gunmetal. But they had the silver, red, blue and gold. Out of them all, that silver with what looks to be the gunmetal trim is awesome looking. I so wanted to compare the two looks. I'd probably bout it but is was $69.99 for just the mod or $84.99 for the kit. They all looked a lot better in person than on the internet though.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ecig-city.com has the orange and gold alien kits in stock for $59.99. Just a heads up for those looking for those colors.
Thank you both.
Sure wish I would have waited 2 more days, I would have just ordered from here instead.
I ended up ordering both the orange and gun metal from slowtech so now I'll have to find a silver/stainless one and a white/red one next.
That'd only leave me without the black/gold.
I am fighting myself on that one because I don't care for the look of it for some odd reason however if I have all BUT that one....well, that just wouldn't work either.

Damn, I'm so torn between buying another Slice or getting my first Alien. Gonna wait for black Friday and see what shakes out.
Buy BOTH now AND get something new on the black Friday sale.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if I should wait until Veterans Day sale or Black Friday for my alien kit or if I should just go ahead and get it now! I've been wanting one but $60 plus shipping with only 10% off still isn't getting me close to the deals I missed out on earlier lol

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you sure the tip is all the way in? mine seems to fit very snug as in not easy to get it in. I juiced up the orings to let it slide in easier but if anything mine is really tight not loose.[/QUOTE]

Ok SirRichardRear, that is for a COMPLETELY different forum.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
btw SirRichardrear, you owe me a new computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
I was just casually skimming the new replies and I saw yours and it caused me to spew coffee out of my mouth and nose all over my desk and PC. I even had to scroll back up to reread what you were responding to.
Immature? Yes.
It caught me completely off guard.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thank you both.
Sure wish I would have waited 2 more days, I would have just ordered from here instead.
I ended up ordering both the orange and gun metal from slowtech so now I'll have to find a silver/stainless one and a white/red one next.
That'd only leave me without the black/gold.
I am fighting myself on that one because I don't care for the look of it for some odd reason however if I have all BUT that one....well, that just wouldn't work either.

Buy BOTH now AND get something new on the black Friday sale.
lol different strokes. i love the black and gold. it's my favorite. can't wait to pair it with my gold supreme i got coming from slowtech

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I was just casually skimming the new replies and I saw yours and it caused me to spew coffee out of my mouth and nose all over my desk and PC. I even had to scroll back up to reread what you were responding to.
Immature? Yes.
lol just the tip

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are you looking good. Anyone else have any size comparisons with other dual 18650 mods?

Left to Right;
Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 with GeekVape Eagle
Sigelei Fuchai 213 with Aspire Cleito
Pioneer4You IPV6X
SMOK Alien with SMOK Limitless RDTA Plus
SMOK Alien with SMOK Micro TFV4
Pioneer4You IPV6X
Sigelei Fuchai 213 with Enigma Tank
Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 with Aspire Cleito

Naturally in behind is a pair of HohmWrecker G220161103_184421.jpg 20161103_184554.jpg 20161103_184654.jpg 20161103_184746.jpg 20161103_184758.jpg 20161103_184839.jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol different strokes. i love the black and gold. it's my favorite. can't wait to pair it with my gold supreme i got coming from slowtech
I'm on the fence I suppose.
Not sure if it was my dead set plan on getting that damn orange one or if I don't like the gold.
It'd definitely look sharp with my Combo RDTA.
Either way, I think we both know I'll have to complete the set.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Immature? Yes.
I almost replied but it would have been so much worse.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Left to Right;
Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 with GeekVape Eagle
Sigelei Fuchai 213 with Aspire Cleito
Pioneer4You IPV6X
SMOK Alien with SMOK Limitless RDTA Plus
SMOK Alien with SMOK Micro TFV4
Pioneer4You IPV6X
Sigelei Fuchai 213 with Enigma Tank
Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 with Aspire Cleito

Naturally in behind is a pair of HohmWrecker G2View attachment 65652 View attachment 65653 View attachment 65654 View attachment 65655 View attachment 65656 View attachment 65657
your collection is crazy lol I'm in awe every time i see it. Love those clieto bubble tanks. I still need to get me one of those

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if I should wait until Veterans Day sale or Black Friday for my alien kit or if I should just go ahead and get it now! I've been wanting one but $60 plus shipping with only 10% off still isn't getting me close to the deals I missed out on earlier lol
If you get one now, you could just get something different during the sales.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
your collection is crazy lol I'm in awe every time i see it. Love those clieto bubble tanks. I still need to get me one of those
Thanks.
I need to order some more as well.
Once I am ready to find his contact info and place my order, I'll try to check with you to see if you need anything at that time and save us a buck or two.
I have it around here somewhere, even posted in here once.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks.
I need to order some more as well.
Once I am ready to find his contact info and place my order, I'll try to check with you to see if you need anything at that time and save us a buck or two.
I have it around here somewhere, even posted in here once.
nice. thanks!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If you get one now, you could just get something different during the sales.
I'm waiting for black friday before getting anything else but i already ordered stuff earlier this week anyway lol. I'm hoping the finder to therion 167 make it out in time. if not I'll try and grab a lux maybe with a good sale because i need a mod for 30mm tanks since now i want a modfather tank lol. not much to choose from for mods that fit a 30mm tank. i could always go the cheap rx route but i would need to upgrade the 520 and wiring and I don't really feel like it lol would rather spend a bit more and get a nicer mod

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm waiting for black friday before getting anything else but i already ordered stuff earlier this week anyway lol. I'm hoping the finder to therion 167 make it out in time. if not I'll try and grab a lux maybe with a good sale because i need a mod for 30mm tanks since now i want a modfather tank lol. not much to choose from for mods that fit a 30mm tank. i could always go the cheap rx route but i would need to upgrade the 520 and wiring and I don't really feel like it lol would rather spend a bit more and get a nicer mod
If you find a Modfather, get me one too cause I think the world is sold out of them and MannyScoot has spammed the hell out of that thing so now I have to see it for myself.
The LUX is great for LOOKING good with 30mm tanks on it and does great in power mode.
In TC it maxes at 80 watts to provide to said temp.
I am also looking for another mod for my 30mm tanks.
The LUX certainly does all I need it to do, it comes WITH the 26650s, and has additional covers for it, so maybe I just to mix it up more.
I have 2 LUX and 3 covers.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If you find a Modfather, get me one too cause I think the world is sold out of them and MannyScoot has spammed the hell out of that thing so now I have to see it for myself.
The LUX is great for LOOKING good with 30mm tanks on it and does great in power mode.
In TC it maxes at 80 watts to provide to said temp.
I am also looking for another mod for my 30mm tanks.
The LUX certainly does all I need it to do, it comes WITH the 26650s, and has additional covers for it, so maybe I just to mix it up more.
I have 2 LUX and 3 covers.
If i ever find one I'll order 1 for you for sure
I like that the lux comes with batteries which are the best 26650 batteries you can get according to mooch. Doesn't sound like it performs great but as long as it's good enough i can't complain and it has good looks. outside of that, maybe the maxo, power engine, or RX but I'm not a fan of the rx and the other 2 are 4 battery mods which ruin my battery pairing so the lux seems to be my best option, but if you had any other ideas i'm all ears lol

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If i ever find one I'll order 1 for you for sure
I like that the lux comes with batteries which are the best 26650 batteries you can get according to mooch. Doesn't sound like it performs great but as long as it's good enough i can't complain and it has good looks. outside of that, maybe the maxo, power engine, or RX but I'm not a fan of the rx and the other 2 are 4 battery mods which ruin my battery pairing so the lux seems to be my best option, but if you had any other ideas i'm all ears lol
That's funny, because the IJOY MAXO Quad and Smok Power Engine are next on my list.
efun has the maxo for $45 and the engine for $52 but their site is funny.
http://cheapvaping.deals/ijoy-maxo

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like Steam Crave will be making a 30mm Aromamizer Supreme. If thats the case then I am thinking it should compete nicely with the Modfather. I would like a Modfather too but it's easier to find a Unicorn.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Looks like Steam Crave will be making a 30mm Aromamizer Supreme. If thats the case then I am thinking it should compete nicely with the Modfather. I would like a Modfather too but it's easier to find a Unicorn.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Lol I'll own 2 unicorns before owning a modfather apparently

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I just bought the gunmetal from breazy.com. I guess I'll have to find something else to buy on Black Friday lol

Oh, I see. The website I give you to order from with no waiting wasn't good enough?!? I see how it is.
My site was even cheaper!
It's because I'm a low wattage vaper isn't it?
You wait until I get to see my neighbor's mother's Dionne Warwick Psychic Friend's Network psychic! Curses are on sale this week! (This week only)
May your mod jump out of temp control on a regular basis.
:kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt:

Last edited:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine is actually the opposite. It doesn't recognize different tank and ask if new unless screen is on. If I change while screen is off, most times (I believe every time) it will continue to register the old resistance and I have to remove tank and reinstall it while screen is on. I have updated though, would be curious to know if that changes when you update.

Did your tank not have black o rings in the spares? Mine seemed to have a lot more spares than my friends. I got o rings for almost all of the color variations, he didn't.

Does the silver finish appear to be as durable as the black? I know it's kind of a subjective question, but curious as it looks quite smart.

It sounds like you know this already, but the update addressed several issues, not just ones in TC mode. It addressed the misfires (looks like you knew about that one), the accuracy of the battery indicators, and increased the time before the low battery cut off kicked in ("increase" in battery life). There were some other issues it addressed, but those are only he ones I can remember off the top of my head from my reading.
I have a black w/black rings, black w/red rings, and stainless w/red rings. All 3 of them came with 1 extra set of red rings.

I dropped the black one on gravel today and chipped the paint. I don't think the silver would be any more durable. Silver paint usually chips fairly easily, IME. Gonna need me some wraps.

I have noticed the battery indicator reads 100% when the true charge is only 85-90%. Thought maybe it was just being cautious. I don't have a pc, but I'm good without the update until I can plug it up somewhere.

Did I miss anything?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I kinda like the white red but gold hits the hardest ;)
Still waiting for a "jets" green mod to be made lol

I usually just click the fire button with no atty on when changes (force of habit from the G2 probably) and it always gives me the "new coil" prompt after that

Are you sure the tip is all the way in? mine seems to fit very snug as in not easy to get it in. I juiced up the orings to let it slide in easier but if anything mine is really tight not loose.

I was about to try your click suggestion, and the "problem" seems to have fixed itself. Damned gremlins always screwin' with me. I'm sure it will happen again as soon as I stop trying to make it happen.

3 different tips, 3 different fits:
1 very loose.
1a little tight.
1 just right. Goldilocks-style, lol.
It's just the tips. The tank mouths are all the same. The loose tip is loose in all 3. The tight is tight in all 3. Same for mama bear. Oh well.

And yes, I know how to fully insert my tip. :sneaka:

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I see. The website I give you to order from with no waiting wasn't good enough?!? I see how it is.
My site was even cheaper!
It's because I'm a low wattage vaper isn't it?
You wait until I get to see my neighbor's mother's Dionne Warwick Psychic Friend's Network psychic! Curses are on sale this week! (This week only)
May your mod jump out of temp control on a regular basis.
:kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt:
Man I was at work when you sent me that info. I looked all over this thread and couldn't find it last night. So I thought maybe it was a different thread. After I saw this I checked my email and there it was. I honestly didn't mean no disrespect. Is there any way you could not curse me? I already have enough bad luck as it is. :hug:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I was about to try your click suggestion, and the "problem" seems to have fixed itself. Damned gremlins always screwin' with me. I'm sure it will happen again as soon as I stop trying to make it happen.

3 different tips, 3 different fits:
1 very loose.
1a little tight.
1 just right. Goldilocks-style, lol.
It's just the tips. The tank mouths are all the same. The loose tip is loose in all 3. The tight is tight in all 3. Same for mama bear. Oh well.

And yes, I know how to fully insert my tip. :sneaka:
Maybe the tips or Orings they use are slightly different on each one lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors