Become a Patron!

Random Bullshit!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay. THIS is bullshit.

So I asked hubby to stop at the grocery store on his way home from an appt to get me coffee creamer. Mocha Mix is my favorite and sells out quickly. Well he scored big time on the creamer. Then shops for a few things. He comes home and ALL of the food he brought home was for HIM. Not a morsel for me. I of course I praised him for scoring so much creamer. But then asked if he got anything for me. "Yeah! Look at all this Mocha Mix!" as I stood there looking at his favorite brats, macaroni salad, buns, yogurt, 2 gallons of his milk, etc. I kindly asked him again, "Did you get me something?" "Well look at all the Mocha Mix you got! I cleaned them out!" Me: "Well, did you get me any food to eat". I began kindly telling him that I was glad he got what he did but did he get me food. Thinks I like. Oh all hell broke loose on how he's always doing something wrong. I told him aside from the creamer, since he got things to eat, what about me? Did I get at least a candy bar?

Bottom line, since I only asked for creamer, his brain isn't big enough to think, "Hey, I'll pick up this or that for her and oh, she likes this." I got the whole, "Oh, so I did wrong again. Everything I do is wrong to you. Blah-Blah. "Well I'm packing it all up again and returning it!" I reminded him it isn't about the creamer. You got food for yourself, but do I get any? Oh yeah, I let him storm the house putting the stuff back in the bags and get himself dressed again. I told him fine. Go do it. And don't forget to bring the milk with you. When he went to get dressed I saw that he hid a bunch of brats as well as a thing of buns. I knew damn well he wouldn't. And, I told him I didn't want anything anymore. He wanted to me to make a fucking LIST of what I wanted. After 30yrs together he needs a list? He then decided all on his own that he wasn't going to return the stuff and how I made him feel guilty for not getting me anything. Of course I told him that I'm not the one making him feel guilty. (We all know that we can't make a person feel something.) I'm perfectly fine with having nothing.

He got in the jeep and sped off. I texted him and told him there wasn't enough in the house account for food and I didn't want him using our other card. He returned a while later with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, potato salad, lunch meat and YooHoo! I didn't leave my office and he put it away all by himself, grabbed a water and closed the door to his bedroom. Happens a lot...big baby.

So, my handyman is here doing the bathroom fan from 1942 that disintegrated and is putting in a new one. And I'm on Lowe's picking out a new 80 gal. H2o heater.

And just last night I mixed together refried beans with salsa so he had dip for his Fritos! I can't help but wonder where his brains really are in his body. Oh yeah. He expels cells when he FARTS!
What fucking bullshit. Ladies, please tell me at least ONE of you has a dufus like this. Please? :gaah:

I just cracked a barley pop and I'm gonna throw together a few new RDAs tonight.
I have a 12 year old boy just like that.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get everyone together. And tell him the only way it'll work for everyone to work in another state is if they pay for everyone to relocate to the new state. Or a really great incentive like 10grand a year extra. I've never worked in a union but a group of pissed off employees is a powerful thing. "
How long would it take to retrain all the new employees when the ones here now quit"
I know its easy to say I would do this or that and I'm not there. Really sorry that's going on. That sucks

Sent from a pile of wood chips
This is the power of unions and the reason for their creation.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Random bullshit pic on the wife's fb. Fun times playing drums with this band. Some big shows for what I've ever been used to. "played a minor league baseball teams music one time at a playoff game." like 1000 people or so. A noobs dream/nightmare. Ha ha.
But the way I left the band was bullshit.
9856131f2c5655a5e95d416f23a73bc1.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Okay. THIS is bullshit.

So I asked hubby to stop at the grocery store on his way home from an appt to get me coffee creamer. Mocha Mix is my favorite and sells out quickly. Well he scored big time on the creamer. Then shops for a few things. He comes home and ALL of the food he brought home was for HIM. Not a morsel for me. I of course I praised him for scoring so much creamer. But then asked if he got anything for me. "Yeah! Look at all this Mocha Mix!" as I stood there looking at his favorite brats, macaroni salad, buns, yogurt, 2 gallons of his milk, etc. I kindly asked him again, "Did you get me something?" "Well look at all the Mocha Mix you got! I cleaned them out!" Me: "Well, did you get me any food to eat". I began kindly telling him that I was glad he got what he did but did he get me food. Thinks I like. Oh all hell broke loose on how he's always doing something wrong. I told him aside from the creamer, since he got things to eat, what about me? Did I get at least a candy bar?

Bottom line, since I only asked for creamer, his brain isn't big enough to think, "Hey, I'll pick up this or that for her and oh, she likes this." I got the whole, "Oh, so I did wrong again. Everything I do is wrong to you. Blah-Blah. "Well I'm packing it all up again and returning it!" I reminded him it isn't about the creamer. You got food for yourself, but do I get any? Oh yeah, I let him storm the house putting the stuff back in the bags and get himself dressed again. I told him fine. Go do it. And don't forget to bring the milk with you. When he went to get dressed I saw that he hid a bunch of brats as well as a thing of buns. I knew damn well he wouldn't. And, I told him I didn't want anything anymore. He wanted to me to make a fucking LIST of what I wanted. After 30yrs together he needs a list? He then decided all on his own that he wasn't going to return the stuff and how I made him feel guilty for not getting me anything. Of course I told him that I'm not the one making him feel guilty. (We all know that we can't make a person feel something.) I'm perfectly fine with having nothing.

He got in the jeep and sped off. I texted him and told him there wasn't enough in the house account for food and I didn't want him using our other card. He returned a while later with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, potato salad, lunch meat and YooHoo! I didn't leave my office and he put it away all by himself, grabbed a water and closed the door to his bedroom. Happens a lot...big baby.

So, my handyman is here doing the bathroom fan from 1942 that disintegrated and is putting in a new one. And I'm on Lowe's picking out a new 80 gal. H2o heater.

And just last night I mixed together refried beans with salsa so he had dip for his Fritos! I can't help but wonder where his brains really are in his body. Oh yeah. He expels cells when he FARTS!
What fucking bullshit. Ladies, please tell me at least ONE of you has a dufus like this. Please? :gaah:

I just cracked a barley pop and I'm gonna throw together a few new RDAs tonight.

I don't have one of those, but if I did, the next time I went to the store, I'd buy all kinds of stuff for myself, and bring him back about 20 tubs of macaroni salad. I'd specifically get the macaroni salad because you have to eat it up in about three days or it's yuck.

Well, it's yuck anyway, but it's extra-yuck after three days.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Such an awkward day today.

Went to drop off my mail in ballot, Library is only open for this reason alone... wasn't open when I arrived... ok no biggie.

Another gent was there wanting to do the same... we both didnt see the drop off box... he mentions, "I don't see security... I laugh... "Well they're never around when you need them... maybe if we make some noise or cause a ruckus they'll magically arrive" ... he laughs, I laugh... security arrives a minute later... and explains that there is normally a lady outside accepting the ballots... but not sure why not yet...

I jokingly state the Hours of Operations on the door..." Must be from 11am-4pm, like the sign says?"

It was only 9:45am

Went to PetCo to pick up the heavily discounted dog food I bought last night... they sent me $20 off bonus, and I already had Pals reward of $5, so $18 bag here I come, WOOT!

Seems normal right?

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

I go inside to get the food, which I got an E-mail stating it was ready to pick up LAST NIGHT...

Get there... not there, so wait a few mins, dude training a guy about how to log it being picked up to a newb... I don't mind to much... waiting for some millennial to comprehend what the guy was saying.

A few more minutes go by and I am still waiting to just grab the food and go like I normally do... its 10% off when you order online, plus the bonus bucks... WOOT!... nooo!

The dude didnt understand, so the manager felt it was ok to explain again, while I am sitting there...

I kindly say... well not really, I'm a fucking asshole truly...

" I don't think this dumb ass understands, but I understand I've been here watching you explain to him for 10 minutes... you mind if I grab my dogs food and get the fuck out of here, or should I just log myself since I understood what you were explaining" lol

Then wouldn't you know... our God is Female, yup I said it... God is not male, but female ;)

I get to my car, hit the button to pop the trunk... doesn't pop open... hmm...

Car chirped, rolled the windows down (Hot here in SD today) holding the other button... trunk not opening...

So I remove the hidden key within the fob... put it in the keyhole, turn and trunk opens... Sweet... let roll!

Nope...

Now the fucking trunk doesn't latch shut... its hot... I didn't bring my glasses, can't see shit... but I am zooming in on my Google Search... 535i MSport Trunk not latching shut...

20 mins go by, me fiddling the with latch, reading, checking the one thing mentioned that goes wrong with it (Wiring) all looks good... still not latching shut... hmm

So I close the trunk all the way... say to myself, " I know you're a woman, but I'd like to get out of this heat and I don't give two shits if the trunk ever opens again, just have it shut"

I push it down, sure as shit I hear the motor latch grab and trunk is closed...

I didn't tempt fate and open it again, figured the big lady upstairs felt baking in the sun for 30 mins was penance enough for the shit attitude I had in PetCo.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, I have to tell you guys what happened this morning. If any of you laugh, I will know it, and I will hunt you down and whup you like a renegade child.

I am a very heavy person, and mobility impaired. Since COVID-19 I have been working at home and getting even less exercise than normal, and have put on more weight. I have a condition called lipedema, and it is very difficult for me to lose weight. Lipedema is a connective tissue and rare fat disorder, hereditary, and the fat in my hips and legs is not normal fat, and it is not going anywhere. Also both my knees are just about worthless, have torn menisci and arthritis in both of them and the ortho docs won't touch me because of my weight. Both my knees are painful and swollen all the time, but my left one has been especially so lately, and now this.

When I went to get out of bed this morning, I wasn't in the right position on the edge of the bed and just slid right off the edge (memory foam mattress) and got my left knee kinked up between me and the chest of drawers that is right next to my bed with a sort of narrow walkway in between. I could not move. Couldn't straighten my leg, couldn't get my other leg up against anything to give me a way to push myself out of that predicament, and don't have the upper-body strength to push or pull myself up out of the floor.

I sat there and thought about it for a few minutes, and then started hollering my head off for my husband, who was asleep in his man cave clear at the other end of the house. After thinking about this every way either of us could, hubbs finally shifted the entire bed about four or five inches so I could at least unkink my left leg a bit.

By then I was so hot I could hardly stand it, trembling all over and about to cry, and he's trying to help, asking me questions about could we do this or that. I told him, please bring me a drink of water and then just go have a cup of coffee and let me think about this for a few minutes. He wanted to try to just lift me up, but I am scared to death he'd hurt his back and then we'd both be useless. He's 67 years old, not 35, and he won't acknowledge his own limitations sometimes.

I ended up scooting on my butt down through the walkway between the bed and the other furniture in the room. Got caught up in every rug that was in the floor. After about 45 minutes I was finally to the bedroom door where the carpet ends and the linoleum begins.

At this point he had the genius idea of getting a camping tarp and having me lie down on it. Once we did that, he was able to pull me into the kitchen, and then out the back door, feet first. When I got onto the back porch, where I could put my feet on lower steps and my butt on the porch itself, I could finally get up. But I had to sit there for ten minutes before I could work up the nerve to try to stand up.

Then I started to cry again, and I was shaking all over, legs trembling and the left one just hurting like hell, and i had to pee so bad I could barely move. Somehow I had banged my shoulder and hit my hand, and now I have two hematomas on the back of my right hand that make me look like I'm eighty years old.

I had hubbs call in for me at work. He told them I'd fallen in the house and hurt my knee and back, and I wasn't really injured but needed some time to settle myself down.

When I got to my recliner, I was freezing cold, still trembling and crying, and hurting all over. I took my morning medicine plus two gabapentin, three aspirin, and I wish to god I'd had a librium because i needed one bad.

I finally fell asleep about 11:00 and it was after 2 when I woke up. But my left leg, holy moly, it looks like somebody stuck a softball on the front of it. So I started with ice on it and have been keeping it iced down for several hours and it's beginning to feel better.

My boss called the house about 2:30 to see how I was, and he's such a nut he had me laughing, said he was really calling to check on my husband because when they talked earlier hubbs sounded like he'd been through the mill. He said the convo in the office was the hubbs had just pushed me down, and I said no, tell them we were doing the limbo. Then we both got laughing, cause everyone in my department is old as dirt, and he said, hell no they won't believe that, because there's not a one of us could do the limbo. I complain about him sometimes, but really, he's an alright guy. Told me to take the rest of the day to rest, go to the doc if I need to, and we'd talk again tomorrow.

Next time you see one of those silly commercials on TV where the old lady says "I've fallen and I can't get up," you can think of me. I fell and I couldn't get up, and it wasn't a damn bit funny. Well, at least, it wasn't funny until I talked to my crazy boss. Thank goodness I am working at home so I don't have to go hobbling out of here tomorrow looking like I've been beaten with a baseball bat. Well maybe I don't look quite that bad, but I sure feel like it.

I know for some of you this is too much information, but there isn't a soul in my real life besides my husband that I would tell this to, so you guys are it. I have some great friends here, you know who you are, and I love you dearly. Now I'm gonna make myself cry again.

Hope your day has been better than mine.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, I have to tell you guys what happened this morning. If any of you laugh, I will know it, and I will hunt you down and whup you like a renegade child.

I am a very heavy person, and mobility impaired. Since COVID-19 I have been working at home and getting even less exercise than normal, and have put on more weight. I have a condition called lipedema, and it is very difficult for me to lose weight. Lipedema is a connective tissue and rare fat disorder, hereditary, and the fat in my hips and legs is not normal fat, and it is not going anywhere. Also both my knees are just about worthless, have torn menisci and arthritis in both of them and the ortho docs won't touch me because of my weight. Both my knees are painful and swollen all the time, but my left one has been especially so lately, and now this.

When I went to get out of bed this morning, I wasn't in the right position on the edge of the bed and just slid right off the edge (memory foam mattress) and got my left knee kinked up between me and the chest of drawers that is right next to my bed with a sort of narrow walkway in between. I could not move. Couldn't straighten my leg, couldn't get my other leg up against anything to give me a way to push myself out of that predicament, and don't have the upper-body strength to push or pull myself up out of the floor.

I sat there and thought about it for a few minutes, and then started hollering my head off for my husband, who was asleep in his man cave clear at the other end of the house. After thinking about this every way either of us could, hubbs finally shifted the entire bed about four or five inches so I could at least unkink my left leg a bit.

By then I was so hot I could hardly stand it, trembling all over and about to cry, and he's trying to help, asking me questions about could we do this or that. I told him, please bring me a drink of water and then just go have a cup of coffee and let me think about this for a few minutes. He wanted to try to just lift me up, but I am scared to death he'd hurt his back and then we'd both be useless. He's 67 years old, not 35, and he won't acknowledge his own limitations sometimes.

I ended up scooting on my butt down through the walkway between the bed and the other furniture in the room. Got caught up in every rug that was in the floor. After about 45 minutes I was finally to the bedroom door where the carpet ends and the linoleum begins.

At this point he had the genius idea of getting a camping tarp and having me lie down on it. Once we did that, he was able to pull me into the kitchen, and then out the back door, feet first. When I got onto the back porch, where I could put my feet on lower steps and my butt on the porch itself, I could finally get up. But I had to sit there for ten minutes before I could work up the nerve to try to stand up.

Then I started to cry again, and I was shaking all over, legs trembling and the left one just hurting like hell, and i had to pee so bad I could barely move. Somehow I had banged my shoulder and hit my hand, and now I have two hematomas on the back of my right hand that make me look like I'm eighty years old.

I had hubbs call in for me at work. He told them I'd fallen in the house and hurt my knee and back, and I wasn't really injured but needed some time to settle myself down.

When I got to my recliner, I was freezing cold, still trembling and crying, and hurting all over. I took my morning medicine plus two gabapentin, three aspirin, and I wish to god I'd had a librium because i needed one bad.

I finally fell asleep about 11:00 and it was after 2 when I woke up. But my left leg, holy moly, it looks like somebody stuck a softball on the front of it. So I started with ice on it and have been keeping it iced down for several hours and it's beginning to feel better.

My boss called the house about 2:30 to see how I was, and he's such a nut he had me laughing, said he was really calling to check on my husband because when they talked earlier hubbs sounded like he'd been through the mill. He said the convo in the office was the hubbs had just pushed me down, and I said no, tell them we were doing the limbo. Then we both got laughing, cause everyone in my department is old as dirt, and he said, hell no they won't believe that, because there's not a one of us could do the limbo. I complain about him sometimes, but really, he's an alright guy. Told me to take the rest of the day to rest, go to the doc if I need to, and we'd talk again tomorrow.

Next time you see one of those silly commercials on TV where the old lady says "I've fallen and I can't get up," you can think of me. I fell and I couldn't get up, and it wasn't a damn bit funny. Well, at least, it wasn't funny until I talked to my crazy boss. Thank goodness I am working at home so I don't have to go hobbling out of here tomorrow looking like I've been beaten with a baseball bat. Well maybe I don't look quite that bad, but I sure feel like it.

I know for some of you this is too much information, but there isn't a soul in my real life besides my husband that I would tell this to, so you guys are it. I have some great friends here, you know who you are, and I love you dearly. Now I'm gonna make myself cry again.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:Feel better, my friend. Sounds like a totally sucky day.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

Well I can't like that post but I can say I'm sorry you're having such a bad day.
I hope things get better for you soon.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I kinda sorta know how it is. The freaking arthritis in my hip makes getting up from ground level difficult if not impossible without something to grab ahold of. Getting old sucks! Hope you're feeling better @nadalama! :hug:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Misses ran out of juice in her tank this morning before I got up. So she used my Naboo mod and tank. Had a new coil in it too.
She said to me when I got up that it tasted funny, she often doesn't like the juices I do and I said "your mad, this is raspberry lemonade, its beautiful" and took a big inhale.
o_O
Yep it tasted funny alright! I nearly choked, she'd turned it up by accident to 120 watts, I run them on 65. I've never inhaled anything like it ever. Was like breathing in the condensed smoke from burning newspaper or something.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I don't have one of those, but if I did, the next time I went to the store, I'd buy all kinds of stuff for myself, and bring him back about 20 tubs of macaroni salad. I'd specifically get the macaroni salad because you have to eat it up in about three days or it's yuck.

Well, it's yuck anyway, but it's extra-yuck after three days.
? I hate macaroni salad too. I'd wind up freezing most of it and he'd still eat it, for 2 years.

That's one hell of a way to start your morning! I'm so glad you're okay! We have to do what we have to do. :hug:

How are your bumps and bruises feeling? How did the Gab work? I took it a while back at 900mg a day for back nerve pain and it messed with my head.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I feel your pain and I’m glad you’re ok.

when we went on vacation last year, I was transferring to my potty chair- I was mod air when the brakes slipped and chair flew away. I landed on the floor of the hotel room buck ass naked. Thankfully my phone was working reach. I learned long ago to always have that handy when I’m transferring. 15 minutes later two tiny female emts show up to fat ass naked me on the floor of a hotel.
thankfully they had a sense of humor and the kindness to grab some pants for me.
After I was clothed they helped get me back in my chair and made sure I was ok.

moral of the story is that it eventually happens to all of us with mobility issues, so don’t be scared. Just keep taking care of you and you’ll always be ok.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started my day at UPS to return a couple of items to Amazon. I had to wait in line, I don't like waiting for anything. Then I thought, wait a minute here's an opportunity. I could start a website or blog named "Asses of Atlanta".

Attachments

• UPS.jpg
    UPS.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 15

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
? I hate macaroni salad too. I'd wind up freezing most of it and he'd still eat it, for 2 years.

That's one hell of a way to start your morning! I'm so glad you're okay! We have to do what we have to do. :hug:

How are your bumps and bruises feeling? How did the Gab work? I took it a while back at 900mg a day for back nerve pain and it messed with my head.

I am feeling surprisingly ok right now, but I'm still in bed and haven't had to challenge myself yet. Gabapentin works wonders for me, but I've heard several other people say they can't tolerate it. I kept ice packs on my leg for hours yesterday, and that really helped a lot.

Definitely plan to keep the gaba and aspirin going today and try to move easy.

I did not know that macaroni salad could be frozen. That makes it sound even more disgusting.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I feel your pain and I’m glad you’re ok.

when we went on vacation last year, I was transferring to my potty chair- I was mod air when the brakes slipped and chair flew away. I landed on the floor of the hotel room buck ass naked. Thankfully my phone was working reach. I learned long ago to always have that handy when I’m transferring. 15 minutes later two tiny female emts show up to fat ass naked me on the floor of a hotel.
thankfully they had a sense of humor and the kindness to grab some pants for me.
After I was clothed they helped get me back in my chair and made sure I was ok.

moral of the story is that it eventually happens to all of us with mobility issues, so don’t be scared. Just keep taking care of you and you’ll always be ok.

Bird, you don't know how much I appreciate your response. Everyone who has responded has been so kind, and I am so very grateful.

There's been a lot of very unpleasant family stuff going on lately, and I have cried more in the last three weeks than I have in the last three years. The timing of this little debacle was unfortunate, and since I've been an emotional mess anyway, it was just plain traumatic at the time.

Main lesson I learned is how grateful I am for my husband. God love him, he is a rock during a crisis, and always has been.

I'm just glad I don't live in Atlanta.

Welcome back to the USA, @bobnat

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bird, you don't know how much I appreciate your response. Everyone who has responded has been so kind, and I am so very grateful.

There's been a lot of very unpleasant family stuff going on lately, and I have cried more in the last three weeks than I have in the last three years. The timing of this little debacle was unfortunate, and since I've been an emotional mess anyway, it was just plain traumatic at the time.

Main lesson I learned is how grateful I am for my husband. God love him, he is a rock during a crisis, and always has been.

I'm just glad I don't live in Atlanta.

Welcome back to the USA, @bobnat
Argh family drama is the worst!
glad you have a good support system though. That right there makes all the difference in the world.
You got this nada!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Is there some retrograde planet that is f'n everything up right now?

My son was roofied and robbed last night.

He went into a bar with a bunch of friends that he's known for decades now, had one beer and two drinks, stepped outside with his ex-roommate to smoke and suddenly was feeling light-headed and woozy and sick. He sat down, put his head in his hands, and realized he really was gonna be sick. He got himself to the car, threw up repeatedly, and the next thing he knew he was waking up at midnight, his wallet in the passenger seat of the car, and all the cash gone out of it.

He was basically unconscious for almost 5 hours.

I asked him did he call the police. Well, no. Why not? Because I didn't think about it, plus I had handled my wallet by then and I just wanted to get back to Scott's (where he's staying now). Plus, he said, it's my own fault for going into bars in the first place. Well, no shit.

God a'mighty, just ask me. Have I had enough of this kind of shit?

ANYTHING could have happened. They (whoever "they" is) could have stolen my car and dumped my son in the f'n river and he'd have been dead at the bottom of the river and we'd never have known what happened. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS?

And no, this was not some redneck dive bar he was at. It was a nice place, in an affluent part of the city, out on the islands to the east of Savannah proper. Christ.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

He went into a bar with a bunch of friends that he's known for decades now, had one beer and two drinks, stepped outside with his ex-roommate to smoke and suddenly was feeling light-headed and woozy and sick. He sat down, put his head in his hands, and realized he really was gonna be sick. He got himself to the car, threw up repeatedly, and the next thing he knew he was waking up at midnight, his wallet in the passenger seat of the car, and all the cash gone out of it.

I asked him did he call the police. Well, no. Why not? Because I didn't think about it, plus I had handled my wallet by then and I just wanted to get back to Scott's (where he's staying now). Plus, he said, it's my own fault for going into bars in the first place. Well, no shit.

ANYTHING could have happened. They (whoever "they" is) could have stolen my car and dumped my son in the f'n river and he'd have been dead at the bottom of the river and we'd never have known what happened. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS?
ARGH! Wtf, Nada?! I’m so sorry things are f***ed for you right now. You need a goddammed break!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Makes me want to take up drinking myself. I would love to have a goddamned break from this for a little while.
I’ll bet you do. Sigh......:hug:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not to be a dick Nada, But i always drink at home.
Been in too many confrontations when bar hopping on the bike in the past.
Not worth it

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not worth it

Nothing the slightest bit offensive in that. Even when I was young, I was never much fond of bars. Alcohol doesn't always bring out the best in people.

I hope my son will learn from his experience. Thank you.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
fac9b62e1aa543bc7a2f2732039b1903.png

Yup, that’s an open end wrench in the wife’s car tire

She went to visit her sisters who are here from Los Angeles at Liberty Station.

She calls me, “Honey car is making this funny sound and the tire light is on”

Asked how long she drove like that, she replies it just happened as she turned into Liberty Station...

Called Triple A to have the spare changed for her, she snapped that pic.

Can’t remember if we got Road Hazard or not, either way tomorrow we take it to the shop to get replaced either for free or $125+

But wtf! A wrench lol

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nothing the slightest bit offensive in that. Even when I was young, I was never much fond of bars. Alcohol doesn't always bring out the best in people.

I hope my son will learn from his experience. Thank you.
He really is lucky he's alive. And YEAH, "What She Said" is right! When are you gonna get a effin' break?
My son, now 34, used to be so reckless in his 20s. He went through 3 cars at my dime. He's now in Utah. How appropriate. He does the lock and load now, but not near as often. I'm so glad he's smarter now. I never thought it would end at one point.

Not worth it
I learned to lock and load at home years ago, too. It ain't worth it. I was a guest of our sheriff more than once. 30 days in the tents sure straightened my ass up. Hubby is an ex-hardcore biker but doesn't imbibe heavily as often unless I dress up nice and open the wine. ?

@wildgypsy70 ....Too cute! Widgy-Pidgy avi-tag! Again I'm sorry for not getting it right. When my brain goes sideways I never know in what direction. I really do love the name though. ?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

And no, this was not some redneck dive bar he was at. It was a nice place, in an affluent part of the city, out on the islands to the east of Savannah proper. Christ.
Christ I’m sorry this happened to your son. Glad he’s ok though; and, hopefully in the future he’ll be more vigilant when watching his beverage

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thankfully, this didn't happen to me, but is some prime BS...note: a vape pen was involved.

Lotta people been getting beat with bats, shot, stabbed, and etc, due to trying to meet up from CL, Marketplace, or just online in general and sell something around here. Just don't do it...you don't know who you'll find and must assume they intend to kill you and rob you. Because they probably will.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thankfully, this didn't happen to me, but is some prime BS...note: a vape pen was involved.

Lotta people been getting beat with bats, shot, stabbed, and etc, due to trying to meet up from CL, Marketplace, or just online in general and sell something around here. Just don't do it...you don't know who you'll find and must assume they intend to kill you and rob you. Because they probably will.
Went to that link and the first video I saw was

can’t lie though, it makes me want to setup a primitive little cooking setup behind the house.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Get y
Went to that link and the first video I saw was

can’t lie though, it makes me want to setup a primitive little cooking setup behind the house.
Get yourself a couple cast iron Dutch Ovens to cook with over an open fire.
You'll be amazed on how many meals you can cook that way.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Get y

Oh I’ve done that. We used to do a big Cochon at the end of hunting season at the camp. I would use the Dutch Ovens to
Make the sides. My favorite was the green beans and the biscuits.
Just never really thought of going all primitive in the urban world.
Don’t care what anyone says, those things cook better than anything else.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I set up a patio with an offset smoker grill this spring. Not quite as primitive as that, but I've been using it twice a week all year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That’s awesome!!!
all I have at the house is a pellet smoker and a barrel grill outside. I’m hoping to put together a better setup this coming spring/summer.
something about cooking outdoors makes me feel in touch with my ancestors.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That’s awesome!!!
all I have at the house is a pellet smoker and a barrel grill outside. I’m hoping to put together a better setup this coming spring/summer.
something about cooking outdoors makes me feel in touch with my ancestors.

I think it's a man thing, one of those hard-wired things y'all just are driven to do. Don't mean anything negative by that.

My husband loves a fire outside at night. I think that's another of those things. He could sit out there at his fire all night long if the mosquitoes didn't eat him alive.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think it's a man thing, one of those hard-wired things y'all just are driven to do. Don't mean anything negative by that.

My husband loves a fire outside at night. I think that's another of those things. He could sit out there at his fire all night long if the mosquitoes didn't eat him alive.
Also Nada, Nothing like having sex near a fire in the backyard!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get y

Dutch ovens are a waste of time. The Dutch taste so much better if you finely grate them before you cook them au gratin.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

There was a case in the news here just a week or two ago. Guy in Raleigh was selling his Range Rover on CL. He made arrangements to meet a prospective buyer at a nice shopping center there in Raleigh for the buyer to have a test drive.

Guy never shows back up at home.

A few days later someone finds his cell phone alongside a major highway that is basically a loop around the city of Raleigh.

8 or 10 days later the cops find the Range Rover abandoned in Danville VA (25 miles from where I live). A few days after that, his body is found about 30 miles north of Danville, dumped off the side of the road not far into the woods.

DON'T set yourself up for this. People are crazier than ever these days. Just don't do it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There was a case in the news here just a week or two ago. Guy in Raleigh was selling his Range Rover on CL. He made arrangements to meet a prospective buyer at a nice shopping center there in Raleigh for the buyer to have a test drive.

Guy never shows back up at home.

A few days later someone finds his cell phone alongside a major highway that is basically a loop around the city of Raleigh.

8 or 10 days later the cops find the Range Rover abandoned in Danville VA (25 miles from where I live). A few days after that, his body is found about 30 miles north of Danville, dumped off the side of the road not far into the woods.

DON'T set yourself up for this. People are crazier than ever these days. Just don't do it.

Reminds me of the Baptist camp incident that happened near Fairplain here. A church has access to over 250 acres for a camp. On the roadside they have a building.

About a decade ago the local leos found a lady's body, A few weeks later they located her head in the same general area. Both were off just a bit from this church's building.

Two years pass before we heard anything further. When the news of it came unfortunately it didn't shock us. Some crazy from Ohio had been passing through, dumped her.

For reference, Ripley is about six miles from us. Fairplain may be ten at most and more likely eight. Wife fuels her car at the speedway down in Fairplain now. It often stirs a bit of worry in me.

Speedway though has the better prices and she gets her "rewards". No arguing she fuel up elsewhere. Life goes on, the world keeps spinning. Sometimes wish there was a "stop I want off" button.

Not sure what I would do in any kind of "paradise" though. *smh* Worry myself out of existing, likely if you listen to my wife. "Everything is going okay you get worried something is wrong." Here's me thinking, 'ain't that the job description of a husband?"

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is the end result of that shooting :

I took a pic of the TV screen so ya'll don't have to worry about using uBlock Origin/NoScript on yer damn phones..smh..
IMG_20201021_053128.jpg

They found numerous other weapons in the room as well.
The second SWAT standoff at that very motel in a few months...and yes it's within a mile of me. No, I cant just move.

PS, besides all the other crime,( that is actually reported and/or caught), murder is up over 200% here.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Changing the subject, if you don't mind:

I got a flu shot yesterday, the extra-special, high-powered flu shot that they give you when you're over 65, and my damn arm hurts!

Love my new doctor, though. She talked to me like I'm an actual human being and was agreeable to everything I asked for. How shocking is that?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been back for 6 weeks now. I've had so many things to do and with covid it's been difficult.

I went to main VA in Atlanta and opened a file with them and that was relatively easy and quick. I have a hearing disability and I need hearing aids. After multiple calls over 2 weeks I finally got through to the audiology clinic. I was told that they're not seeing patients "face to face" but they're doing phone/video calls. So, I made an appt...for Nov 13. It should be interesting and fruitless.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Changing the subject, if you don't mind:

I got a flu shot yesterday, the extra-special, high-powered flu shot that they give you when you're over 65, and my damn arm hurts!

Love my new doctor, though. She talked to me like I'm an actual human being and was agreeable to everything I asked for. How shocking is that?
We always get our shots on Nov. 1st. The shot is most effective for 90 day starting a week after you get it. With Covid and Flu season colliding this winter the CDC is advising people, particularly seniors, to get the shot as late as possible. Flu season lasts through February, so December would be the optimal time. But with my bad lungs and with his severe asthma, Nov. 1st works for us. Whatever bug we get subsides by March 1st.

But, if "I" get sick, it's immediate pneumonia and bronchitis - BAD. Last time I had the flu was January of 2016. Took me 9 weeks to recover from the symptoms and another 4 weeks to regain my strength. Hubs also has to use the nebulizer. Now we have 2 - his and hers with enough meds to last until next the 2021 holidays.

@bobnat Hey Bob, I truly hope you're able to get settled and receive your due benefits - and a well deserved quality of life. Welcome back.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
We always get our shots on Nov. 1st. The shot is most effective for 90 day starting a week after you get it. With Covid and Flu season colliding this winter the CDC is advising people, particularly seniors, to get the shot as late as possible. Flu season lasts through February, so December would be the optimal time. But with my bad lungs and with his severe asthma, Nov. 1st works for us. Whatever bug we get subsides by March 1st.

But, if "I" get sick, it's immediate pneumonia and bronchitis - BAD. Last time I had the flu was January of 2016. Took me 9 weeks to recover from the symptoms and another 4 weeks to regain my strength. Hubs also has to use the nebulizer. Now we have 2 - his and hers with enough meds to last until next the 2021 holidays.

@bobnat Hey Bob, I truly hope you're able to get settled and receive your due benefits - and a well deserved quality of life. Welcome back.
Hi. Since 5 I have been asthmatic. Now pretty much controlled by our decision to move to the bush many, many years ago to avoid triggers like pollution and stuff as well as new type of inhalers, I used to be on Ventolin but was found to be allergic to the propellants. Now my powder ones have been life changing along with our move.
But I used to get bad bouts of pneumonia and pluracy, had double pneumonia twice and normal several times as well as pluracy several times. It was every year and I know how horrid pneumonia is. Knives in the lung every breathe! Once was hospitalised from it on oxygen.
I was offered years ago a trial new Pneumo Vac vaccine, can't recall but think 25 yrs ago if not more. My Dr said we dont know how effective it will be but would you be happy to try it? Naturally I said yes. I have never had pneumonia or pluracy since! If you have never had the shot I would strongly advise to check it out.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We bought a few rewashable masks and when we went to the hospital yesterday we weren't allowed in until we swapped them for provided disposable masks. Why did we wast our money on reusables? The surgical masks were much cheaper.

No, they weren't cheaper. From an economics standpoint you made the right decision.

Personally, I couldn't find a mask of any kind back in Feb/march so I bought a $50 used sewing machine and made some dual-layer masks that can use a disposable filter material.

Truth be told, I don't wear a mask to save the world, there's not a whole lot worth saving. I wear it so people will leave me a lone and because I feel kinda stealthy - maybe someone I know will not recognize me when I'm out at the store :giggle:

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We pretty much skipped flu season, with all the masks, and people actually washing their hands etc

Our premier (like governor) made an announcement peak winter that if you have any sniffles or scratchy throat at all, it is probably the Rona, since there is all but zero influenza this year

You usually get our flu strain migrated north. So hopefully that means it won't be a bad strain like the Brisbane/Australia Flu was last year or the one before

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was offered years ago a trial new Pneumo Vac vaccine, can't recall but think 25 yrs ago if not more. My Dr said we dont know how effective it will be but would you be happy to try it? Naturally I said yes. I have never had pneumonia or pluracy since! If you have never had the shot I would strongly advise to check it out.

Ha! Got you beat mate. Pneumonia killed me dead for seven minutes and change when I was eleven months old. If you follow some of our indigenous people's shaman teachings, it'll never bother me again. Though a few years I've rough bouts of bronchitis. Took to growing a full face beard from Autumn until the next Spring to combat that. It seems to help.

One side effect from me growing a full face beard? I wind looking something kin to the picture. No real joke.

wolfman.jpg

I oft consider me, my uncle "Buddy", my Pap all share identical faces. We all also have been know to drink wolf water, water left behind by wolves and no not their urine. There's Prussian/Germanic myth such folk are lycanthrope. Never really paid much creed to it. Simply the way we lived.

My wife, the elfin witch, keeps telling me she's going to sharpen my ears to match hers. Tell her that no it's already bad enough my ears are slightly pointed and protrude a bit from my furry napped head. It gets worse here in WV when bigfoot season comes in and I let my hair grow out long for Winter. *chuckles*

As to the flu shot. I understand in theory how a vaccine works. I still politely refuse to get vaccinated for something what has not bothered me since 1978. Yep, I was six years old when I last had the flu. Sorry but why then would I risk getting it, especially if it means its being put into me deliberately? To me that seems counter intuitive.

That noted, I get seasonal allergies. Damn I live in the woody area of WV. Ya think maybe all the da** tree pollen has any play? Not to mention plain old hay fever & rag weed fever. And yes I also get the generic Crud. Crud is indeed an ailment, it isn't the flu, it's the crud. I get that every few years or so. Orange juice often helps get it under control, or eating pumpkin, pumpkin seeds the first week of Autumn.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors