Become a Patron!

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
How does it actually do the temp limiting ?
you would see from video, it will get fire when it is on normal wattage mode, when switch to temperature control mode, it will stay steady.
it did well with temp limiting, and protect the coil from burn taste.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The video proves literally nothing, the same thing could have been done with the Smok M80 if it was programmed differently.

thank you again, i saw your response many times, this video is beta test, another video will tell how it work, keep watching, thank you

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I believe the fire button wasn't held down long enough and was pulsed like every two seconds. A juiced wick on a mech will do the same thing

we will release more, and you will able to have a clear idea of how this do accurate temperature control, thank you

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
we will release more, and you will able to have a clear idea of how this do accurate temperature control, thank you
Dry cotton test please

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
My question was about the build... Was that a .066Ω build using 34g kanthal a1 in that video? I understand that you are claiming it works with everything, but I was inquiring about the specific build in the video
same as you saw in the video. 34g kanthal A1

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Dry cotton test please
if dry cotton, this mod don't accept to enter the temperature control mod. Dry cotton CAN only work on normal wattage, and sure, it will catch fire. same as you saw in the video.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
beta test video for ijoy asolo temperature control on kanthal A1

Please Do Test Like / Similiar To This One, use Dry Cotton and Kanthal For Tempature Limiting/Protection.

If your device won't burn wick with kanthal you will have my money, just need proof.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if dry cotton, this mod don't accept to enter the temperature control mod. Dry cotton CAN only work on normal wattage, and sure, it will catch fire. same as you saw in the video.
Please send me a unit for / to review. If it works as you describe a friend I know will likely purchase some wholesale from you.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you would see from video, it will get fire when it is on normal wattage mode, when switch to temperature control mode, it will stay steady.
it did well with temp limiting, and protect the coil from burn taste.
Yes, I saw the video.
But what I am asking is how does it know the temperature of the Kanthal coil. With nickel it 'approximates' the temperature based on the change in resistance. How is it approximating temperature for kanthal.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I agree with the others... I think I understand it may have to be set with e-liquid on the wick when setting TC mode, but it should be able to not burn the cotton once the e-liquid is used up and gone, ie a dry wick. If it can not do that, it fails at being a good TC mod.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, I saw the video.
But what I am asking is how does it know the temperature of the Kanthal coil. With nickel it 'approximates' the temperature based on the change in resistance. How is it approximating temperature for kanthal.

It is similar with temperature control nickel. based on the change in resistance,

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It is similar with temperature control nickel. based on the change in resistance, but problem is kanthal didn't change a lot after high temperature.
so the engineer need to enlarge the change of resistance and make it capable to be detected by the mod.
in the same temperature, nickel will change 0.01, but kanthal will only change 0.000001, in order to detected by the mod, the signal will need to enlarge 1000 times or more.
it is the technology use in the cellphone industry. using the phone, a small voice able to be hear oversea.
But the change in nickel is linear and at a similarly consistant pace as the temperature.
In other words as the temperature increases so does the resistance.... At a constant and directly proportional rate.
Not the case of kanthal. While resistance may ever so slightly change as kanthal heats up, it is my understanding, that the change in temp is not predictable nor do the two variables change in manner that one can predict the other
I think all of us here would like to see a real demonstration with the explanation of how it is doing what it is doing.
I know most of us are interested in the product, but with such a huge claim it leaves some us wondering.

-personally I think a large number of vapors love TC for its smooth consistent vape experiences, but the angst of nickel is a turnoff for many, so the idea of using kanthal is quote enticing, especially when you consider needing a separate build for a different mod. It the science needs a more in depth explanation

Last edited:
Grace, this is an interesting idea... set to preferred vape by taste and vapor then set to maintain that level. Very innovative, and if done right just might work. Just a question though, if I put in new dry cotton and press the fire button will the cotton burn? I imagine it would, but just wondering.

Well that is why we have temp control. If you set the device temp to be lower than the burning temp for cotton, then when you fire the device with only dry cotton, the cotton won't burn because the device will only heat the coil to the temp you set which is less than the burning temp of cotton.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
customer told us they will like the device be designed with the password function. the engineer start working on it.

we would love your idea if you have more interesting idea. share to us.

thank you

Biometric fire button?

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
But the change in nickel is linear and at a similarly consistant pace as the temperature.
In other words as the temperature increases so does the resistance.... At a constant and directly proportional rate.
Not the case of kanthal. While resistance may ever so slightly change as kanthal heats up, it is my understanding, that the change in temp is not predictable nor do the two variables change in manner that one can predict the other
I think all of us here would like to see a real demonstration with the explanation of how it is doing what it is doing.
I know most of us are interested in the product, but with such a huge claim it leaves some us wondering.

-personally I think a large number of vapors love TC for its smooth consistent vape experiences, but the angst of nickel is a turnoff for many, so the idea of using kanthal is quote enticing, especially when you consider needing a separate build for a different mod. It the science needs a more in depth explanation
nickel wire have a big healthy problem, because after use a while, you can see the nickel wire getting thin. because it inhale with the vapor.
kanthal don't have this problem
this temperature control box mod Asolo is designed for all wire material. so people able to make a choice for which wire to use.
it is a big claim, we are making a lot of test about this mod, it turn out great.
later after Asolo, we may make a mod special for kanthal. it depends.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
who the hell uses 34gauge kanthal on a dripper? I'd like to see a dry cotton burn test with 26gauge A1, no juice on the cotton, and holding the fire button down for 5 seconds or longer. Whad'ya bet the cotton catches on fire?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
nickel wire have a big healthy problem, because after use a while, you can see the nickel wire getting thin. because it inhale with the vapor.
this temperature control box mod Asolo is designed for all wire material. so people able to make a choice for which wire to use.
it is a big claim, we are making a lot of test about this mod, it turn out great.
That's great, and I'm not doubting you, I have been using TC since the
But what I am asking for is a clear scientific explanation on how it works, not really a sales pitch, I understand tc fairly well with nickel; but help me understand how it works with kanthal.

Please give me a complete scientific explanation on how this works with Kantian A1. If you need one of the engineers to do it than by all means ask them to. Several of us are hoping to see the explanation .

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Unless you can get the NI200 hot enough to produce Nickel Ions, there is not too much risk. The wire would break before getting to that temperature.
Does that mean that if I turn temp control to 1200°F I can start using my lungs to make 5cent pieces?

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm calling bullshit on this statement. If Ni200 is not overheated, it will not degrade or break down with juice. It's one of the least reactive metals out there! That is why medical equipment is made with nickel and plated with nickel. Furthermore, every atomizer out there that is "chrome plated" would have no p,acting in a month, since the "chrome plating" is almost always nickel.

Kanthal A1 on the other hand does degrade over time due to aluminum and iron oxides forming and degrading with heat and contact to juice. Iron and aluminum are very reactive in both alkaline and acidic environments. If this wasn't the case, you would never have to replace a Kanthal coil-- you would be able to dry burn and re-wick it.

I understand you are trying to promote your product, and I respect that, but please stick to facts not out and out lies. Trying to market by deception will do more harm than good to your company and its reputation.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
who the hell uses 34gauge kanthal on a dripper? I'd like to see a dry cotton burn test with 26gauge A1, no juice on the cotton, and holding the fire button down for 5 seconds or longer. Whad'ya bet the cotton catches on fire?
I want to see how one gets a 0.066Ω coil from a single 3-3.5mm coil made with 5-8 wraps of 34g Kanthal A1 like the video is trying to make us believe.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Now you've done it. we will see mods in the near future that will only fire for you.
Now that is actually a decent idea...they have it for gun safety now...would help shut those up who want to ban vaping, you know, to "protect the kids"

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I want to see how one gets a 0.066Ω coil from a single 3-3.5mm coil made with 5-8 wraps of 34g Kanthal A1 like the video is trying to make us believe.
It was a .53 coil look again :)
But that build should be over 3 ohms if that was 34g

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Even at .53Ω, with 34g Kanthal on a 3-3.5mm coil is ummmmm 0.2 wraps!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually there is a 3.4x on the screen which is the ball park of 34g at around 6 wraps

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was a .53 coil look again :)
But that build should be over 3 ohms if that was 34g

That spool of wire sitting there says 34g. It must be 28g he's using. The coil looks like it's only 3 wraps

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
for all we know it could be twist tie from the loaf of bread she used to make a sandwich the night before,

Whether you believe it or not, this products will released expectably, and it's work function just as we described .We will give out a new video to show more details tomorrow, for reference only . Kanthal A1 24 AWG,We have tested. Can be controlled.
asoloweb1.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Now the mod is in a phone?
You say it functions as described.... All we are asking is please describe how it functions. No one has described anything other than what you're claiming it does.

But how does it do that?

Last edited:

CantWin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now the mod is in a phone?
You say it functions as described.... All we are asking is please describe how it functions. No one has described anything other than what you're claiming it does.

But how does it do that?
I think the phone is just for size comparison. But yes please, stop using buzz words and just tell us how it limits temperature with kanthal

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whether you believe it or not, this products will released expectably, and it's work function just as we described .[...]

Look, some of us know electronics. There is no way in hell you can read the temperature of a kanthal wire with any degree of reliability by measuring the change of resistance in the uncontrolled conditions of a consumer electronics product.

You can say all you want about how great it is, that it'll be released soon, and that you have a video (videos prove nothing at all, they're easy to fake), if you don't provide a clear explanation of the functioning principle, I ain't buying it. Period. Sorry, but I haven't spent 5 years at university learning electronics and CS to buy any old marketing BS without some degree of proof that makes sense to me.

I'm not asking you to provide a detailed explanation on how you manage to get around the difficulty of exploiting the minuscule resistance/temperature slope. I understand you may have secrets to keep if you developed a genuinely novel idea. A terse but convincing explanation would suffice. But you ain't providing any.

Your refusal to do so can only mean two things:

- Your invention isn't patented, and you need to keep it a trade secret. Or you haven't patented it because you know full well your Chinese competitors will wipe their collective ass with your patent anyway.

- You're full of shit and you're trying to build up interest to make a few yuans out of the early adopter fools who believe your claims at face value.

So which is it friend? Are you a genius inventor trying to protect his intellectual property, or a conman? Me, as long as you don't give me grounds to believe the former, I'll believe the latter.

For now I can't explain to you , this is the commercial secrets, you can wait after evaluating personnel video on youtube, then make a decision,apple will open source code from you? Maybe you'll know when you're see complete evaluation principle.
Look, some of us know electronics. There is no way in hell you can read the temperature of a kanthal wire with any degree of reliability by measuring the change of resistance in the uncontrolled conditions of a consumer electronics product.

You can say all you want about how great it is, that it'll be released soon, and that you have a video (videos prove nothing at all, they're easy to fake), if you don't provide a clear explanation of the functioning principle, I ain't buying it. Period. Sorry, but I haven't spent 5 years at university learning electronics and CS to buy any old marketing BS without some degree of proof that makes sense to me.

I'm not asking you to provide a detailed explanation on how you manage to get around the difficulty of exploiting the minuscule resistance/temperature slope. I understand you may have secrets to keep if you developed a genuinely novel idea. A terse but convincing explanation would suffice. But you ain't providing any.

Your refusal to do so can only mean two things:

- Your invention isn't patented, and you need to keep it a trade secret. Or you haven't patented it because you know full well your Chinese competitors will wipe their collective ass with your patent anyway.

- You're full of shit and you're trying to build up interest to make a few yuans out of the early adopter fools who believe your claims at face value.

So which is it friend? Are you a genius inventor trying to protect his intellectual property, or a conman? Me, as long as you don't give me grounds to believe the former, I'll believe the latter.

For now I can't explain to you , this is the commercial secrets, you can wait after evaluating personnel video on youtube, then make a decision,apple will open source code from you? When you see a complete evaluation when perhaps you will know the working principle, maybe not, see if you are smart enough.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So you would rather come in here and tell a bunch of people that obviously have a background in electronics to buy an electronic device that does something which goes against the nature of the material used; and, tell us that the magic fairy's make it work?
Sorry but like Girout- said you've got an audience here of people that work and/or are educated in the electronics field. telling us to, " just buy it" like its an Infomercial for the slapchop wont work. Furthermore, getting an attitude with another member will backfire on your sales numbers.
Im sure you were trying to be funny; but, you failed in your attempt.
The bottom line is this.
We are not dumb. We don't buy things based on words written in a forum; without factual, provable, information to substantiate the claim.
It would sincerely be in the best interest of ijoy to provide the information in the numerous aforementioned requests.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You could send me one for free and I will test it out and report back my findings?

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
So you would rather come in here and tell a bunch of people that obviously have a background in electronics to buy an electronic device that does something that goes against the nature of the material used; and, tell us that the magic fairy's make it work?
Sorry but like Girout- said you've got an audience here of people that work and/or are educated in the electronics field. telling us to, " just buy it" like its an Infomercial for the slapchop wont work. Furthermore, getting an attitude with another member will backfire on your sales numbers.
Im sure you were trying to be funny; but, you failed in your attempt.
The bottom line is this.
We are not dumb. We don't buy things based on words written in a forum; without factual, provable, factual information to substantiate the claim.
It would sincerely be in the best interest of ijoy to provide the information in the numerous aforementioned requests.
hi thank you for your response again. it is not based on words. we are not going to receive any payment before this is in the market. and people will see how it work soon.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
hi thank you for your response again. it is not based on words. we are not going to receive any payment before this is in the market. and people will see how it work soon.
What?
So you are refusing to tell us how it works.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What?
So you are refusing to tell us how it works.
What are they calling this mod anyway? all I know they say it's a mod to control kanthel wire... I may have missed something here so help me out if you can,Thanks!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What are they calling this mod anyway? all I know they say it's a mod to control kanthel wire... I may have missed something here so help me out if you can,Thanks!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
It's called the asolo or Han Solo by a company called ijoy.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Will it work with lead based coil wires? Or will the combination of the power required to fire them in the presence of premium e-juice like 5-pawns cause the coil to degrade in to gold?

VU Sponsors