https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You ain't paid for anything yet have you....if so not sure what to say you must have more faith then me

No indieed I havent !
That's my point... I probably wouldn't buy one at this point either way

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ROFL thats sum funny shit must have IT lol

Tom_Pulliam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry kinda drunk now but the logic is still here give it time it's all bullshit or it isn't......why do you have a great to know right now.....it''ll either work or fail at that point either but or don't

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry kinda drunk now but the logic is still here give it time it's all bullshit or it isn't......why do you have a great to know right now.....it''ll either work or fail at that point either but or don't
Ok... for a manufacturer or vendor to come into a forum to drum up sales but cant answer any technical question about the device and answer every question with a stupid sales pitch is insulting and treating us like either sheap or walking talking credit card.

If you want to sell something know about your product, if you don't know about it; or, are not ready to talk about it, don't say anything about it until you are.

Its not that I need to know, I'm thrilled with the devices I have, its a matter of principal and respect.

Last edited:

Tom_Pulliam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Point well taken.....however I'm stt okay with waiting for proof. That being said they probably should've kept their mouths shut until the big day LOL

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They just wanna hype it up but they should have been more prepared and informed before annoucing cause many are frustraded with these general responses

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Correct me if I am wrong please but everything I have seen about Temperature Control doesn't sound like Temperature control but more of temperature limiting whereas if the wick dries or something happens the devices refuses to let the temperature rise to where you get a dry burn, or the device heats up to much so which is it. Temperature Control or Temperature and I am not one of those with an electrical engineering background

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At this stage it's Temp Guessing it's different lingo for pretty much the same thing

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Correct me if I am wrong please but everything I have seen about Temperature Control doesn't sound like Temperature control but more of temperature limiting whereas if the wick dries or something happens the devices refuses to let the temperature rise to where you get a dry burn, or the device heats up to much so which is it. Temperature Control or Temperature and I am not one of those with an electrical engineering background
Its temperature limiting. you are correct.
Somehow the term 'control' took over; ...smh...but the reality is it is limiting, its not a thermostat.

Some mods and build combinations appear to do a much better job than other,

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your response, somehow just didn't seem to be right word and you have confirmed my suspicions.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you for your response, somehow just didn't seem to be right word and you have confirmed my suspicions.
I think its a psychological thing given to appeal to the control freak in all of us.

Quite honestly the yihi chips tend to keep it rather close to the set temp if you use the right firing mode they'll bring you right to the line you set and you'll gently cross them it'll back off . The DNA boards tend to slowly bring you temp and back off when you get close

.the others out there I'm not sure of, but I think they are trying to make it control.... if that makes sense (may be wrong there)

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never did cross the threshold with the DNA 40 boards but to be honest the Yihi chips intrigue me due to the price points seem to be a lot better for an what I consider a technology i.e. temperature limiting. I have happily vaping a Sig 100 watt plus with no problems but my curiosity got the best of me so I ordered a Evic-VT to see if it is an idea that I wish to expound on but I started vaping in 2010 so I have seen quite a jump in the community

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well.
I never did cross the threshold with the DNA 40 boards but to be honest the Yihi chips intrigue me due to the price points seem to be a lot better for an what I consider a technology i.e. temperature limiting. I have happily vaping a Sig 100 watt plus with no problems but my curiosity got the best of me so I ordered a Evic-VT to see if it is an idea that I wish to expound on but I started vaping in 2010 so I have seen quite a jump in the community
Well I started A little over a year ago, went the rounds-provari-dna30-mech-ipv70-dna40-sxmini

quite frankly the yihi sx350j destroys the dna40 in every fathomable way,
Just the firing mode adjustment alone is something I use every day.
YihiS method doing Temp limiting really set the standard in my eyes. Evolve had a great idea. Just terrible execution.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it isn't terrible it's just not the best IMO it does TL . but I have to agree about the Sxm it's just wow I'm sure the successor of the Sxm will be a great TL device whenever it comes, but those power settings are awesome i always drop it to soft before bed.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
it isn't terrible it's just not the best IMO it does TL . but I have to agree about the Sxm it's just wow I'm sure the successor of the Sxm will be a great TL device whenever it comes, but those power settings are awesome i always drop it to soft before bed.
I agree with you I still use my vaporsharkdna40 daily with a nano erlkoenigin Ni200 build, that form factor is awesome. but its perfect as a driving mod or quick grab and go when I need a tank.
Still though...doesn't hold a candle to the sx.
Kinda cool though, I bring both to work and since the vsdna fits in my shirtpocket its with me when I have to go around the building, the sxm sits on the desk with a dripper or dual coil tank,
Do you have the update yet? Eco mode is nice! Almost doubled my battery life,

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with you I still use my vaporsharkdna40 daily with a nano erlkoenigin Ni200 build, that form factor is awesome. but its perfect as a driving mod or quick grab and go when I need a tank.
Still though...doesn't hold a candle to the sx.
Kinda cool though, I bring both to work and since the vsdna fits in my shirtpocket its with me when I have to go around the building, the sxm sits on the desk with a dripper or dual coil tank,
Do you have the update yet? Eco mode is nice! Almost doubled my battery life,
I did but reverted back as i like the lower ohm preferred setting for nickel, I just keep extra batt's on me in case. maybe I will reinstall after I get the battle axe addition lol. but I honestly never vape over 70 watts or so. and if I do want to show off I have 3 sigeleis that provide the power.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did but reverted back as i like the lower ohm preferred setting for nickel, I just keep extra batt's on me in case. maybe I will reinstall after I get the battle axe addition lol. but I honestly never vape over 70 watts or so. and if I do want to show off I have 3 sigeleis that provide the power.
The v2.2 is performing just as well as the stock firmware with my 0.05 AMD 0.07 builds. It also makes the power and power+ firing modes in joules mode work exactly like they do in power mode.
Jealous of the sigeleis, the sxmini's ar my workhorses when I want the higher wattage I got battle-axe mode or grab a mechanical . I actually don't mind the battle axe, it feels the same in the hand,

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't mind it either I think it retains it's form factor the huge benefiet for me when I get one will be the increased battery life ( yes I know not double the mah but with 2 batt the life increasel some unless i vape at 120+ watts )

Last edited:

mrmonday

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Back on topic, this is a quote from a group buy for this product which describes how the temperature sensing works:
"The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod is the most simple temperature control device on the market. Choose a good wattage for the tank and try several puffs. When you find your favorite flavor, you can press the bottom to tell the device you love this taste, and the device will keep it in its memory. Enter the temperature control mode by pressing the bottom of the big “T”. Operate the temperature control easily by choosing the %’ F from 80%~110%. It is most like the YIHI SX mini temperature control box mod and has a Soft~Standard~Power~ Power plus. The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod has 80%~81%~82%……~109%~110%. After choosing a temperature control mode, if you would like to lock the mode, simply press both sides of the big “T” and it will lock that mode. If you want to get out of the temperature control mode, simply press the bottom of the big “T”. The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod is the most accurate device for temperature control and the best way to keep your coil from having a burn taste. The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod is able to remember the users favorite flavor and continuously offer it to them."

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Back on topic, this is a quote from a group buy for this product which describes how the temperature sensing works:
"The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod is the most simple temperature control device on the market. Choose a good wattage for the tank and try several puffs. When you find your favorite flavor, you can press the bottom to tell the device you love this taste, and the device will keep it in its memory. Enter the temperature control mode by pressing the bottom of the big “T”. Operate the temperature control easily by choosing the %’ F from 80%~110%. It is most like the YIHI SX mini temperature control box mod and has a Soft~Standard~Power~ Power plus. The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod has 80%~81%~82%……~109%~110%. After choosing a temperature control mode, if you would like to lock the mode, simply press both sides of the big “T” and it will lock that mode. If you want to get out of the temperature control mode, simply press the bottom of the big “T”. The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod is the most accurate device for temperature control and the best way to keep your coil from having a burn taste. The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod is able to remember the users favorite flavor and continuously offer it to them."
Do you have a link to that?

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So that actually makes sense... Sort of, and I'll explain where the problem lies.

Sounds like it's remembering how long you held the fire button (or current draw etc), and you are locking in the temp mode to use that as a hard cutoff where when you reach that point it backs off the power by some amount. That is great... Sort of... Pick up your device after it's been sitting in a 65° room and fire it for a good puff. Time how long you were hitting it. Now immediately take another puff for the same length of time, and tell me if you get the same hit? If you set the temp limit on a cold draw, you will likely be set too high for hot boxing. Likewise, if you set it after hot boxing the atty, your first cold puff or 2 is going to be painfully weak.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
What if? Ehhh I really don't know at this point. watching a vendor/mfg play the tease like this really makes my nuts raw, paying for it is like pouring salt on them.
we are going to tell everything. no worry.
we can tell what Asolo can do for the vapers now, at this period..
for we are apply patent now, everything will write down the patent paper and show to you later.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds good just waiting to actually see one ! Hope it is everything you say it is!

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
we are going to tell everything. no worry.
we can tell what Asolo can do for the vapers now, at this period..
for we are apply patent now, everything will write down the patent paper and show to you later.
will this be a U.S. Patent, or a China patent?

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Still looking forward to learning about this when it's released. I don't understand why it's getting folks knickers in a wad but, whatever, any publicity is good publicity yeah? If it sucks and is a gimmick then it will fade into obscurity with the rest. Even if it's a hack or "workaround" that actually works then cool. Like RebelGolfer72 said. *shrug* guess we'll find out soon enough.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I think a lot is just the overall attitude of folks....

over at ECF, the unregistered vendor would slip in unnoticed as the mods are too busy on their power trip...and would gather enough gullible souls that will buy into the marketing hype, and start their own cult around the vendor.

Another forum I'm on,,the staff would catch the vendor, advise them to become a registered supplier--and if they didn't and the spamming continued, they would get cut off at the knees.

This place, has enough folks who have gotten fed up with the ECF boot-lickers and das fuhrers running the show that folks see right through the bullshit of wild marketing claims that never deliver, and are quite skeptical of any claim.
So I believe the questions are a mix of wanting to fetter out the truth or at least have a little fun while calling out the bullshit.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
They cloned ours
if you able find similar design in us market of Asolo? to temperature control all wire material? you would post here.
thank you

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Infinite-Facepalm-Reaction-Gif-Patrick-Stewart.gif

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tbh, I feel China has the edge in terms of technology... Build quality and quality control, not so much. I will be interested in seeing the reviews on this device. It's easy for a representative of a company to say things but another for an honest consumer...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hahaha yeah well, after a weak of getting a sales pitch/catch phrase rather than answer a question: they could prove that it turns lead to gold and I would still pass on it.

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha yeah well, after a weak of getting a sales pitch/catch phrase rather than answer a question: they could prove that it turns lead to gold and I would still pass on it.
I don't see how some simple explanation of HOW it does what it does would cause someone to file a patent out from under them...
My theory is it pulses in temp control mode and isn't providing an exact temperature, just what the user would find as a satisfactory, as a close enough kind of thing. Just a theory. As far as juice refill reminder, I'm imagining you input the size of your tanks capacity somehow and using an algorithm of some kinds determines when it should be empty due to draw time and resistance. Again just a theory...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, that was gold. If I tell you I have a design for a car that gets 150 Mpg, Accelerates from 0-60 Mph in 2.2 seconds, and has 650 HP, you will naturally say "Show it to me, I want to see it and what's under the hood". Same concept applies for this entire thread, sales pitches and promises mean nothing to me as a consumer. However, generating "buzz" for the product really, really matters to Asolo. I hope they can deliver a game changer, but I'm not placing bets at this point.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea, that was gold. If I tell you I have a design for a car that gets 150 Mpg, Accelerates from 0-60 Mph in 2.2 seconds, and has 650 HP, you will naturally say "Show it to me, I want to see it and what's under the hood". Same concept applies for this entire thread, sales pitches and promises mean nothing to me as a consumer. However, generating "buzz" for the product really, really matters to Asolo. I hope they can deliver a game changer, but I'm not placing bets at this point.

Amen to that!
Should have known someone would ask questions

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bets or an order... With evolv they made consumers aware of how it works, they showed how it did what it did. But as with most mods there's a catch, you had to use nickel or titanium that needed to be spaced.. Kanthal isn't just one material, as others have stated. And I know very few who don't use the micro coil method of pinching coils together... The God mod could only go to 260w within a certain resistance range. Or innokin that requires a specific rda. There's usually a catch when something is "revolutionary" or too appealing. Thing is this company doesn't want to announce what the catch is. There is one, if it actually works at all, there's a catch.

biscuit the illusionist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand being sceptical but why's everyone gotta turn into the negative scientist over this, hold your judgements for a review or facts. Idk how this works and niether do any of you unless you have one in your hands, everything was impossible til someone did it

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Reviews will speak for themselves in time...i recall all the dna 40 hoopla only to hear a bunch of disappointments in it as it had problems...This is still why i havent nor will i buy a temp control mod...i control my temp by adjusting the wattage i want and my dry hits by wicking properly and mixing juice thats not too thick..For the amount of juice in the tank i simply use my eyes and look at it.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I understand being sceptical but why's everyone gotta turn into the negative scientist over this, hold your judgements for a review or facts. Idk how this works and niether do any of you unless you have one in your hands, everything was impossible til someone did it
Exactly. If it is shit then it will be exposed as shit and will fade into the dust bin of obscurity. There's nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism but whatever...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
no one has judged the mod.
But if a mfg wont answer simple questions about it when asked is that a product you would want?

VU Sponsors