Become a Patron!

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone can verify this pls... That im not the only one feels that this ijoy is underpower despite its reading? Maybe this is just a 100watt mod or less with firmware trick display reading grrr...

Without going back to watch the video again, i'm fairly certain PB'S review had it firing fairly low in all modes. As in 50w was really 41w, 100w was really 86w, ecttt. Accuracy was not a strong point with this device.

That said, I did say F it after selling a bunch of my extra vape gear recently and grabbed one this week through Breazy's sale. Came today. Simply turned my usual 33w vape on the Aromamizer RDTA up to 40w and have no complaints so far. Haven't messed around outside of normal power mode yet though.

Not sure i can bring myself to rock this light blue skin when i go to work tonight either.

Last edited:

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
I used to worry about power not matching but just adjust to taste and quit stressing about the small things. Hope you enjoy it! Take the time to check out the features and it is a great little mod.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I used to worry about power not matching but just adjust to taste and quit stressing about the small things. Hope you enjoy it! Take the time to check out the features and it is a great little mod.

I can't speak specifically to the ASOLO, but when adjusting for taste, when you are already at the limits of your current mod, and the "new" mod is underpowered, you could still end up hitting the same ceiling and not being able to adjust it far enough. That's when accuracy REALLY becomes important.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't speak specifically to the ASOLO, but when adjusting for taste, when you are already at the limits of your current mod, and the "new" mod is underpowered, you could still end up hitting the same ceiling and not being able to adjust it far enough. That's when accuracy REALLY becomes important.
Luckily I'll never use all 200 watts of the Asolo:p

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
That's why my Provari has been staying home. Highest I vape now is approximately 110w and I have 10 mods that can handle it. Coil builds, airflow, draw length etc determine your best setting. Leave plenty of headroom and vaping is a pleasure not a headache. Keep it simple!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the most part my settings are the same as my IPV3 LI. I don't vape at only xxx watts. It changes a bit depending on juice type and hell even my mood.. I might use a couple watts more on the Asolo, but not enough that it's noticeable. The only way I see it as a potential problem would be if you want to use 190 watts and it only puts out 180. I'm not saying that's what it does, just saying short of that, just turn it up.

Cheers,
Steve

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone can verify this pls... That im not the only one feels that this ijoy is underpower despite its reading? Maybe this is just a 100watt mod or less with firmware trick display reading grrr...
The Asolo is "light" in terms of what is firing vs what is displayed. I have metered both and found that the IPV4 is close to 15% over powered, while the Asolo is about 7-10% underpowered in relation to the real time readout on the chip's screen. The Sigelei 100 plus is spot on.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shout out to @Breazy_Com! Man... you set a record for me! From the time I ordered my Asolo to receipt was amazingly fast!!! Thank you! Also thanks for the surprise gift of wicking material! I will put the mod through thorough testing in the upcoming days. Initially, good packaging, a few blackish factory smudges of something (grease?) on the silver metal (top and front) but they wiped off fairly easily with a cloth and mild cleaner. There's no apparent surface imperfections. The power button does rattle a lot (it could benefit from having a little foam under it). The bottom battery door was a little tricky/difficult to get on, but with practice it became much easier. There are sharp edges at the top and bottom on the aluminum that could stand to be softened/rounded a bit. No deal breakers. The blue sleeve... well... it will serve it's purpose. I think I'm going to like the mod!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After eight hours of use... I, like others, am annoyed with the short time allowed for selection of Ni or Ti when going into Temperature Control mode. It should allow at least 5 seconds before timing out and defaulting to Ni. Better yet would be for the menu to not go further without an entry. I've also found that the VW power displayed seems to be high in comparison to the actual power going to the coil (compared to Sigelei, Pioneer4you, and Kanger mods). To me this isn't a huge deal since I adjust the wattage to what I want my vaping experience to be (which varies with atomizers, coils, wicking, and e-juices). Also, in VW mode I've found that I wish the mod would have a user adjustable vaping time limit (over time). Something adjustable between 10 to 15 seconds (10 seconds is a little short and 15 seconds would still be protective). The Taste Control (TC) mode seems to be working flawlessly so far for me with replaceable coils (Aspire and Kanger). The only quip I have is when the mod is in TC mode (%) an F or C is displayed to the right of the "%" symbol. It would be better if it were a "T". The mod has a stiff self adjusting 510 center conductor and the threads fit perfectly with all the Attys tried so far. The display is clear, bright, and has tons of information on it (for all of the information on it, it is a little on the small side but this is a quip). I do wish that the mod had a micro USB port so the firmware could be updatable. The majority of the things I've found could likely be addressed with a firmware update!

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update after 12 hours of use... I've noticed the display is a little difficult to read in bright sunlight. Again, not too many mod displays can be. Battery life seems to be on par with my other dual 18650 mods given my vaping style/frequency. My opinion so far is that it is a good mod. It definitely isn't a $149 mod though. I think it is a good mod to consider for $90 or less... especially so if they remedy the majority of the shortcomings I've mentioned. If I were to rate this mod as is I would give it a 3.5 stars out of 5. If they were to take care of all of my suggestions (except the display being seen in bright sunlight) I would give it a 5 star rating!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Product R&D suggestion for the next version of the Asolo: It seems to me that incorporation of Taste Control in parallel with Temperature Control would be awesome! I really like to run Ni in Temperature Control at a higher temperature (> 410 degrees F) but that leads to getting a nasty singed (burnt) cotton hit with low e-juice. If you could do both at the same time (where I wouldn't get the nasty hit) I would be a super happy vaper!!! For those out there ready to pounce with a comment: Yes, if I paid closer attention it would be preventable in those rare instances I'm being oblivious. I'm thinking of the occasions when I am wanting to change e-juice flavors and I want to get most of the current flavor out of the wicking of a sub ohm tank (replaceable coils) before changing (yes again to those who would say change the coil... but unless it desperately needs changing I don't because I'm frugal).

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Product R&D suggestion for the next version of the Asolo: It seems to me that incorporation of Taste Control in parallel with Temperature Control would be awesome! I really like to run Ni in Temperature Control at a higher temperature (> 410 degrees F) but that leads to getting a nasty singed (burnt) cotton hit with low e-juice. If you could do both at the same time (where I wouldn't get the nasty hit) I would be a super happy vaper!!! For those out there ready to pounce with a comment: Yes, if I paid closer attention it would be preventable in those rare instances I'm being oblivious. I'm thinking of the occasions when I am wanting to change e-juice flavors and I want to get most of the current flavor out of the wicking of a sub ohm tank (replaceable coils) before changing (yes again to those who would say change the coil... but unless it desperately needs changing I don't because I'm frugal).
I tend to use my Asolo as the cleanup hitter. I can go through 5-6 different tanks a day and I use it to clear out the tanks for new flavors on the refill. I chain vape all day so I just grab the next one in line. Works for me!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tend to use my Asolo as the cleanup hitter. I can go through 5-6 different tanks a day and I use it to clear out the tanks for new flavors on the refill. I chain vape all day so I just grab the next one in line. Works for me!

I know I could switch over to TC mode and do it but there is this part of me that doesn't like doing that with Ni wire (yes I know I have to let it "learn" in VW mode with Ni or Ti wire... I don't like that either... LOL).

Mike300z

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shout out to @Breazy_Com! Man... you set a record for me! From the time I ordered my Asolo to receipt was amazingly fast!!! Thank you! Also thanks for the surprise gift of wicking material! I will put the mod through thorough testing in the upcoming days. Initially, good packaging, a few blackish factory smudges of something (grease?) on the silver metal (top and front) but they wiped off fairly easily with a cloth and mild cleaner. There's no apparent surface imperfections. The power button does rattle a lot (it could benefit from having a little foam under it). The bottom battery door was a little tricky/difficult to get on, but with practice it became much easier. There are sharp edges at the top and bottom on the aluminum that could stand to be softened/rounded a bit. No deal breakers. The blue sleeve... well... it will serve it's purpose. I think I'm going to like the mod!

I have to also give a shout out to breazy, ordered on Wednesday morning had in my hand Friday afternoon! Also received the free cotton wick, magnet, and sticker. So like a novice tc user I built a 28 on 28 Clapton 8 wrap build with the coils touching. I kept having the device kick down to 15w from temp mode and relearn the coil. I emailed breazy Saturday thinking it might be malfunctioning and within an hour I had a response asking if I spaced my coils. I have since switched my crown tank rda to the stock ss coil and running awesome in tc mode almost as good as nickel wire and temp mode, and the flavor is much better. Currently running 100w on a .3 ss coil and tc mode no burnt taste whatsoever. I might have to keep this mod. I have a Smok treebox on the way

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that i have one in hand, here's a few of my own my impression cons:

- Not a big fan of Kanthal Taste Control with my dripping, even after giving the device hours of "learning time". More often then not it seems to kick in when it really shouldn't, serving more of a purpose to lessen the overall quality of my vape experience then it's really protecting me from a potential dry hit. To quote PB - "It works....sometimes."

- Battery life in normal mode is decent, but not on par my old Sigelei 100w+. Kinda left guessing that being an underpowered device that has to fire at a higher setting to achieve actual wattage is effecting that though?

- Those not firing on the initial press moments get annoying. It's not gouge my eyes out annoying, but it happens enough to warrant mentioning.

- I wish it had a black skin.

All and all though i'm happy with my purchase so far at the discounted price. Really digging the size/weight, and could totally see myself leaving the house with one if not for this girly blue skin.

I have ordered this mod.
really excited to receive it.
this is my first dual 18650 mod and im worried about the batteries. there are so many different types out there.
I wish the asolo came with some battery information to help the user identify the best spec battery to use on this device.

what is your opinion of the best battery to use in this mod?

Mike300z

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea pretty much any 18650 battery with at least 25 amp drain will work I'm using some Samsung 3000 mah 30a batteries with over a day UAE per charge, Sony also makes pretty good batteries. The more mah the longer battery life

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To a point but some manufacturers inflate their claims. Also as you go up in MAH, max amp draw lowers. It's a balance between max amp draw and MAH.

Cheers,
Steve

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been running mine on a Freemax Starre Pro with a 0.25 Ni, bottom intake at 1/2, and tip intake closed in Temperature Control mode today (I just got this tank in yesterday's Vape Mail). Asolo setting at 30W and 400F and let it "learn" for about a dozen draws before switching to Temperature Control. Really great vape experience with this combo and my DIY Raspberry Cheesecake!

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my 200w should be here monday, sold my IPV 3 Li to get the Asolo, hope i don't regret it...

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Workmanship on the mod you sold is better but the size of the Asolo offsets it.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Overall it's good. Just hate buttons that rattle! Once my warranty period is over I'm going to figure out how to take it apart then I will fix it with some foam.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not disappointed. I didn't pay retail... LOL. I paid a little more than the deal at ecig. Worth the money at that price point, for sure!

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not disappointed. I didn't pay retail... LOL. I paid a little more than the deal at ecig. Worth the money at that price point, for sure!

me too, ordered from Breazy with the columbus code and got it for $74.99 shipped:)

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I said it before and I'll say it again lol. It's a good little box. I've been using it with a Matrix tank with a nickel coil and it's been great. Used two different RDA's on it, no problem. (Dark Horse and Tugboat) Just threw a triple coil Smok TFV4 at 70 watts......Awesome ! Just love the size of it. Depending on what your expecting is what experience you will have. It does prevent dry hits. But using it as a watts box and nickel temp control it's been better than a lot of boxes I've tried. The key thing here is the price. A good box for a good price. Was originally supposed to be priced much higher. Sometimes it gets a little finicky but I think if there is a next generation the few livable bugs will be taken care of. P.S. the Smok TFV4 is a big tank and it doesn't hang off the edges.

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just LOVE the idea of dry hit prevention... that's the main reason i love temp control

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that's like the bonus thing it does besides work well otherwise. Honestly I haven't been using anything else because I like the size of it so much. I usually don't go above 50 watts with my tanks but the TFV4 triple coil needs a higher wattage and this thing is working just fine at 70 watts. I might pump it up a little to try it because the coil says it can go up to 120 watts. OK just tried 90 watts no problem. I like the 70 better though. Just tried 100 watts worked good also. OK back to 70 lol. Have a good one everyone !

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just got my Asolo in from Breazy and, upon first impression, I LOVE IT!!! i will give a full review after i've spent some time with it, but the first hour has been bliss...

now, i have to give a HUGE shout out to Andy and the Breazy crew... AWESOME price on the Asolo, super fast shipping, a pesonaliized e-mail, and a free bottle of juice... absolutely outstanding customer service, i will be a repeat customer...

EDIT: I'm currently vaping the juice that came with my Asolo, Drip Star's Blood Of Supreme Leader, in my brand new Starre Pro (black version) at 70w in temp mode with the .25 ohm ni200 coil, just outstanding...

Last edited:

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the only thing I wanna I know is where the hell is the shark picture at? Lmao (forreal though)

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tested taste control with kanthal or as yet, but temp mode with nii200 works flawlessly

Mike300z

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use taste control with kanthal and stainless steel wire on my crown tank, works like a charm, it will throttle the watts very similar to temp control mode

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does this Assholio thing actually work guys?

As stated a while back i wouldn't recommend the taste control for dripping. My only tank experience on it is with the Aromimizer RTDA, but that is essentially dry hit proof to begin with (like you REALLY have to fuck up your wicking with even a halfway decent coil setup) and which basically negates a need for me to use any of that extra stuff. Unless you really like the taste of other wire types or can't remember to fill your tank i guess.

Like some of the others here i do find it to be all i've been picking up to use since i got it though.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
this is a nice video.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe I am a little to impatient to read the book thoroughly but I had a hard time understanding how the taste control works, how to switch the reading from C to F and just about everything in between. I understand how to adjust the wattage but that is as about as far as I followed. Anybody have a link to a good video that really breaks down how to use this thing properly?

VU Sponsors