Become a Patron!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not having any trouble. Amanda I mentioned to Grace about the silicone sleeve and she said she would send one with our next order. Not sure when that is. I'm using a .2 Nickel coil. I know it will kick you out of TC mode if it's not do-able or it doesn't meet the specs for it. I really have no complaints. It does get a little buggy sometimes with the start up button presses but it always works once it's on so it's not the button. I'm using a Matrix tank with the .2 nickel coil if anyone want's to know lol. Holds 5ml of juice that's why I like it

I've tried two crown tanks tonight - one with the Ni200 .15 coil and the other iwth the kanthal .25 coil. Both of them work fine except every time I go to vape they say 'same coil/new coil.' Annoying! I've been away for a few days, as you know, but I'll mess around with some other tanks and coils tomorrow! But I'm still having that same issue I had when it first arrived with getting it go turn on when I put new batteries in.

misterD

Member For 4 Years
simple. no dry hits through out the whole tank dry empty. once or twice got the blinking drop and the power dimmed to no vapor and towards the end just stopped powering. refilled the crown king and started over.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried two crown tanks tonight - one with the Ni200 .15 coil and the other iwth the kanthal .25 coil. Both of them work fine except every time I go to vape they say 'same coil/new coil.' Annoying! I've been away for a few days, as you know, but I'll mess around with some other tanks and coils tomorrow! But I'm still having that same issue I had when it first arrived with getting it go turn on when I put new batteries in.
I'm on the Crown .25 coil now and no notice of new tank prompt. I did get this with the Ni coils from time to time. If remember right if coil resistance changes more than X will come up with this prompt, think Grace said something a bit back. Guessing that the Ni fluctuates beyond this range.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the bottom edges did mention in PB's video, we keep it in mind, and try to find out a solution. the silicone case design is designed for user's no need to take off the case to change the battery, we didn't notice the edge before but we are trying to bring some good on this design.

thank you so much for your suggestion.
I would buy a case that wraps the bottom to cover that edge. I am not too turned off by having to take it off to change batts.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On to a bit of feedback. Ordered the Thursday of Breazy's sale, received the unit the following Wednesday. As with everyone, I love the size and feel. The bottom edge is likely going to cause a callus on the inside edge of my pinky, and I find myself using one hand to slide the case back down onto the mod a tad while I am holding it by pushing up with my pinky on the bottom. I have had mostly excellent luck with the dry hit prevention. I use an aromamizer rdta with kanthal claptons and it works well around 110 watts. Also I run a Goliath V2 and UD Bellus tank with spaced 24 and 25 gauge kanthal builds. It works even better there at 65 watts. Battery life is good, the power produced is soft and smooth like the Sigelei 100+, and very much unlike the Ipv4 with is about 10% over powered for what the screen reads out. I like the ammeter and the real time wattage readout in DHP mode. My VCT-Pro tank loves the Asolo with nickel coils. 120 watts, switch into TC mode for nickel and crank it up to about 500 degrees. It just barely needs to ration power in TC with these settings but the power curves are smooth and although you can tell it is "TC'ing", it feels just like (high) power mode. I also echo the complaint that the build limit for nickel ought to be 0.05 ohms. I am slightly disgruntled by the thought that this will probably be added and our version is not upgradable. It has quickly and easily replaced the roles that my other boxes had in my collection, and you can finally leave the house with just one device in your pocket that does it all, and does it well. Thanks IJoy for following through with this addition to the vaping industry, despite the naysaying in this thread. You knew what you were on to. I watched this thread from the first post, and with held judging a device I had yet to try. I am glad I did, and think that this device proves that a more optimistic view of new technologies might be warranted at times. Vape on VU!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@MikeSully
How long (# of hits) did you have to run your Ni200 coil in Power Mode before putting it into TC? I still don't agree or feel comfortable vaping Ni (TC) coils in power mode so the device can learn. Since the TCR's are built in for NI and Ti, there really should not be a reason the mod needs to learn in TC.

Thanks,
Steve

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@MikeSully
How long (# of hits) did you have to run your Ni200 coil in Power Mode before putting it into TC? I still don't agree or feel comfortable vaping Ni (TC) coils in power mode so the device can learn. Since the TCR's are built in for NI and Ti, there really should not be a reason the mod needs to learn in TC.

Thanks,
Steve
I think it needs to learn in order to set the wattage baseline. So if I vaped at 30 watts it would apply that power in TC mode, and if I vaped 100 watts it would then apply that power in TC mode. It has to learn because there is no wattage setting on the screen in TC mode. Took me about 5-7 puffs to get it right.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decided to give building a single Ni200 coil on one of my Billow V2's a try. Had to stuff cotton in one of the two air vents along with plugging 2 juice channels. The coil came out to .15 ohms. After about a half tank (~3ml), it's still in TC. Not sure if it was the Asolo and the Kayun Lite + I tried to use last night having an incompatibility, if it's because this coil has a higher resistance (.15 vs .11 ohms), possibly the KFL+ not being stable enough resistance wise, or if it's just the vape gods smiling at me :D. In any event, it's working with TC and I'm happy :).

@Amanda thanks again for trying the Crown out for me in TC, very much appreciated!!! Also Thanks to @MikeSully, @AdubbaU, @spdy, and @breazy. I appreciate you guys chiming in and trying to help, very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good news on my end too! The constant new coil message was because I wasn't letting the Asolo learn properly - haven't had a problem since I figured that out! And I no longer get the issues with changing batteries - suddenly as soon as I change them the Asolo turns on.

There's a bit of a learning curve even when you're used to TC devices, but I really do like this little mod:D

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like I said it takes a few days to play with it and figure it out. It's different than anything we know or are used to. Here's something. Another company that shall be nameless for the purpose of this thread sent me their new TC box to try. Good company we've all heard of them.. It was well made but it was bigger than the Asolo. Know what? I just don't like anything else anymore after using the Asolo. This new box just seemed under powered. I had to go all the way up to 580F to get the same vape I get on the Asolo at like 400F. The Asolo has some quirks but once you know how it works your ok. Seems like every box has it's own pluses and minuses but for me it's still the small size of the Asolo that's the selling point.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Asolo has become my #1 mod to use at home - this thing is absolutely fabulous paired with the Crown with SS coils (or with Ni coils). And you can use kanthal/ss in TC mode, not that you ever get dry hits with the SS coils in the Crown! One thing I've discovered in case anyone else runs into this is that occasionally I get the annoying 'new/same' atty pop up continually. This is fixed by cleaning the 510 (even in power mode). I couldn't be happier with this tiny box (although I'm looking forward to getting the new skin as mine is ripped):D

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never used my skin yet. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to turn Blue into a girls color lmao :D. I agree with you Amanda, it's really not a bad little mod at all. In fact, I like it quite a bit more than I thought I would. Just can't beat the size for a dual 18650 mod :)

Cheers,
Steve

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never used my skin yet. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to turn Blue into a girls color lmao :D. I agree with you Amanda, it's really not a bad little mod at all. In fact, I like it quite a bit more than I thought I would. Just can't beat the size for a dual 18650 mod :)

Cheers,
Steve

I use mine all the time, because black just doesn't do it for me LOL But mine ripped before I even got it on the first time:eek:

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad you guys like it. I have the same thoughts. After using this I don't like anything else lol. I've tried other boxes also. The Asolo doesn't get the credit it deserves ! I think this whole thread was something for people to do. Now that it's out and it works and people actually like it no one visits anymore lol.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Asolo has become my #1 mod to use at home - this thing is absolutely fabulous paired with the Crown with SS coils (or with Ni coils). And you can use kanthal/ss in TC mode, not that you ever get dry hits with the SS coils in the Crown! One thing I've discovered in case anyone else runs into this is that occasionally I get the annoying 'new/same' atty pop up continually. This is fixed by cleaning the 510 (even in power mode). I couldn't be happier with this tiny box (although I'm looking forward to getting the new skin as mine is ripped):D
My skin ripped as well. I was taking it off and it ripped. The damn thing is so thin it doesn't surprise me.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad you guys like it. I have the same thoughts. After using this I don't like anything else lol. I've tried other boxes also. The Asolo doesn't get the credit it deserves ! I think this whole thread was something for people to do. Now that it's out and it works and people actually like it no one visits anymore lol.

Well the drama that went on in this thread did make up the majority of it's total post count, so once that died down.....yeah :)

I just did a quick search and noticed the overall price seems to be coming down some. Right out the gate I only recall you guys and 101 having it for a $100 regular price. Most other sites were asking like $150, which was never going to fly when there's numerous other and more established brands currently pushing out their own mini one battery boxes at under $50. The Eleaf $100w only costing $30 probably cuts into that potential interest as well.

I mean a small 2 battery box is cool and all, but i'm guessing a majority of the people buying all this stuff don't even use the extra wattage, and it does take all of 5 seconds to swap out a battery in the IPVD2 or Sigelei 75w (which seem to routinely be on sale somewhere or another for $40 these days).

Ijoy really needs to give you guys a price where you can turn around and run that $75 deal as the regular.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well here's the thing on the price in my opinion. A snow wolfe 200 watt is around a hundred bucks and doesn't do everything this does. A DNA 200 is $200.00. So after using this box for weeks I think it's worth a hundred bucks. Would we all like to see cheaper prices ? Yes of course. It is the first of it's kind and they did put money and research into making it. Maybe future offerings from them will be cheaper ?

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Device works great, does not compare to DNA200, the DNA is a more advanced device that does not appeal to many. I have my 8 profiles filled and if add new tank or build to mix will need to hook up to escribe to tweak it. The Asolo comes in 2nd or 3rd in line depending on if I want smaller VTC. I think price point $100 is fair, though might be a risk for many without track record. Thing just works and does not need tweaking like DNA. My skin still works, but 100% need to come out with other color options and something thicker, it slides around and sometimes to point where forces fire button press.

Sent from Sprint HK M8 Tapatalk

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know ? I was thinking about the skin thing. I've taken mine off and on a number of times without any trouble. But here's what I've been thinking. You have to put the skin on from the top down. If you try to put it on from the bottom up you WILL tear it ! Agreed AdubbaU. It works without really anything to do. It's very very simple once you understand it. Perfect example of not understanding something: I just tried the Cyclone tank by sense. I had read about it on some posts. I read the directions. It works great for me. Great tank ! I gave it to my son and he keeps flooding the coil because he didn't read the directions and don't turn it upsidown and close of the bottom before he fills it. Before using anything learn about it BEFORE you get it lmao ! Lessons learned.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I haven't fallen in love with mine probably because of the percent thing...
I take a few puffs at saaay 40w and then put it in TC/% mode. 95%... 105%... And it just ain't there for MTL... cuts off early.
Why would it work great in regular mode and feel so lacking as soon as I enter percent mode?
I played with it for an hour & threw it back in the box. Tried to sell it here ($90) and failed.
It also arrived with a fairly noticeable surface finish flaw on one edge.

View attachment 29930

And now for the gasping and clutching of pearls moment... It's still just too dam big.
My ideal ground breaking dual batt mod would be no bigger than an eVic VT.

I'm unhappy with my Asolo paperweight... wish I'd never bought it.
Thanks for the honest opinion on this. Many folks love it, perhaps there is something you are missing? From everything I've read it does have a bit of a learning curve to it.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the honest opinion on this. Many folks love it, perhaps there is something you are missing? From everything I've read it does have a bit of a learning curve to it.
That's the first bad post I've heard about it. Everyone that we know that bought it is using it as their go to box now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion ! I love mine and haven't used anything else since getting it. I gave my IPV4S to my son I like this so much. I really liked the 4S also.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't fallen in love with mine probably because of the percent thing...
I take a few puffs at saaay 40w and then put it in TC/% mode. 95%... 105%... And it just ain't there for MTL... cuts off early.
Why would it work great in regular mode and feel so lacking as soon as I enter percent mode?
I played with it for an hour & threw it back in the box. Tried to sell it here ($90) and failed.
It also arrived with a fairly noticeable surface finish flaw on one edge.

View attachment 29930

And now for the gasping and clutching of pearls moment... It's still just too dam big.
My ideal ground breaking dual batt mod would be no bigger than an eVic VT.

I'm unhappy with my Asolo paperweight... wish I'd never bought it.
Actually for me it took a few days to figure it out. I don't think an hour is enough. Most people also if you read the thread were a little skeptical at first and now they love it. Like I said above you are entitled to your opinion and we take no side either way. Thanks Shark Vape

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You do need a GOLD one don't you ? Don't girls like GOLD and diamonds lmao !

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
LOL You're such an enabler!

How many backups do you need for your backups, hmm? :p
Yes, enabler is one of the nicer things I've been called ... LOL

Since I have to carry at least three mods with me daily, I guess that means I need 3 backups, and 3 additional mods in case one of the primary and one of the backups both fail ... yeah, maybe my logic is flawed, but at least it helps me justify spending money on new mods!

Whoops ... misread that ... thought it was directed at me ...

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, enabler is one of the nicer things I've been called ... LOL

Since I have to carry at least three mods with me daily, I guess that means I need 3 backups, and 3 additional mods in case one of the primary and one of the backups both fail ... yeah, maybe my logic is flawed, but at least it helps me justify spending money on new mods! :D
I follow your logic perfectly - which is why I seem to have a bit of a collection!

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Helpful Hint : If your using a tank on the Asolo (This goes for any box) and it starts asking a lot if the coil is the same it's because they're is juice under the coil or condensation, where the coil makes contact with the base. Turn your tank upsidown. Remove the base. Take out the coil and dry off the bottom. Take the base and run it under very hot water and dry it out with air (blow hard on it) (that don't sound good lol) and dry it with a paper towel. Put it back together and it won't ask you this anymore. In general you should be doing this to your tank every couple of days whether it's on the Asolo or not. Check it out and you'll see what I'm talking about !

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Helpful Hint : If your using a tank on the Asolo (This goes for any box) and it starts asking a lot if the coil is the same it's because they're is juice under the coil or condensation, where the coil makes contact with the base. Turn your tank upsidown. Remove the base. Take out the coil and dry off the bottom. Take the base and run it under very hot water and dry it out with air (blow hard on it) (that don't sound good lol) and dry it with a paper towel. Put it back together and it won't ask you this anymore. In general you should be doing this to your tank every couple of days whether it's on the Asolo or not. Check it out and you'll see what I'm talking about !

This often happens to me in the morning - there's a big temp drop here at night, and it makes the Asolo ask about the coil. I just wipe out the 510 with alcohol and also the base of the atty. Seems to work!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No one's spamming the thread either. It was determined way back that once people asked about price it was acceptable for me to mention price and availability on this thread. (Vendor rules.) I'm also here for support of people that bought it and as a fellow Asolo lover I'm also here to chat with other Asolo owners.The community will also say that I'm not a spammer. You should be happy people like breazy are here giving the VU great prices, sales and contests. I'm here also as a regular vaper posting in lots of threads. That's why we have a vendor forum. You keep mentioning the defect but I'm sure you didn't let anyone know immediately when you got it. We are very reasonable people and I'm going to give Andy a heads up also. So after that it's up to you if you want to contact him.

cdrice15

Member For 4 Years
Got the Asolo a couple of days ago and I am impressed with the taste control/dry hit prevention. Ran a crown tank with the stock 0.25ohm ss coil on it until the tank was empty and the "tc" kicked in as advertised. I keep using it but find myself gravitating back to my evic-vtc mini just because of the size. The Asolo works great but for my liking its too big, although it is the smallest dual 18650 I've seen. Gonna see if the size grows on me over the next few days. I am person that prefers to use 1 mod and have another for back up, which I have a few.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you like it cdrice15. Give it a couple of days. Yes for dual 18650 it's one of the smallest. The EVIC MINI is slightly smaller but I don't think it can put out the power or battery life of the Asolo. I like the MINI also to ! If the manufacturers are listening smaller is the new wave !

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too big, too big??? My Asolo is smaller than most of my single 18650 mods. Honestly if it's too big, then you're not going to find a dual 18650 mod that you like sizewise. I can't imagine making one any smaller.

Cheers,
Steve

cdrice15

Member For 4 Years
For me it's too big. I agree that compared to every other dual 18650 it's small. I had the Vaporshark dna & rdna40 but it used the dna and sold the rdna because it was " too big" for me. My biggest mod until this was the evic vt. It lasted a week then it went in the drawer because I didn't like the size.

I'm not throwing in the towel on it yet. It works great. Just got to get used to the size.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Breazy_Com Alright... I ordered one... may catch the wrath of wife for spending the money but I'm going to plea seduction, weakness, and a price I could no longer resist. Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting it! I was already talking to the guys at iVape.net this weekend about it and it's uniqueness.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool ! Thanks ! If you have any questions feel free to ask. A few of us here have been using it for a while now.

Hi... It it just me or everybody else tried it.... Watt 'Power' in ijoy is somewhat less powerfull compare to other mod eg. ipvd2.... With same RDA of 0.4ohm, firing on ipvd2 at 24watt is superb... then swap the rda to ijoy with same reading 0.4ohm detected, set ijoy to 24watt, it barely producing vape!! need to double it on ijoy... 48watt to be on par with what ipvd2... how come? same battery LGHE4 on all... Fresh...

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I've noticed that. IPV is about 10% overpowered and another temp mod I tried was much worse. Asolo seems to be right in the middle. It does work though !

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taste control mode seems to be more powerful and simpler. Try that out and let me know. Go into watts mode. Find your desired vape and vape it about 7 vapes. Then hold the bottom of the T button until it goes into taste control mode. I think you will find that better. Taste control mode will do temp control as long as you have NI or TI coils.

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man this thread was a whirlwind...just made it through and really wish I had the extra coin to pick up this box. Looking for a new go to mod to replace my ipv4.

Yes I've noticed that. IPV is about 10% overpowered and another temp mod I tried was much worse. Asolo seems to be right in the middle. It does work though !

Anyone can verify this pls... That im not the only one feels that this ijoy is underpower despite its reading? Maybe this is just a 100watt mod or less with firmware trick display reading grrr...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taste control mode seems to be more powerful and simpler. Try that out and let me know. Go into watts mode. Find your desired vape and vape it about 7 vapes. Then hold the bottom of the T button until it goes into taste control mode. I think you will find that better. Taste control mode will do temp control as long as you have NI or TI coils.
It also works in power mode with kanthal or SS!

VU Sponsors