Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Apparently we are all racist.

That being said, I now feel like getting Chinese Takeout for dinner this evening!

mini drumsticks sound good.... damnit now I hate short people too!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Heyyyyyy I'm a coonass!!!!! I am offended!!!!!
We eat roadmill, I found armadillo this morning, you're welcome to a leg.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ummmmm I don't wanna know where It was sourced but Ive eaten nutria, beaver and possum. I have not stopped traffic for fresh meat yet but....

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Funny, I feel like eating Cajun tonite. See, I ain't racist neither :)

Do the Cajuns have a secret mod building facility somewhere in New Orleans?

Where they have manufactured their own 200 watt mod that has temp control using Fiddle Strings?

And they named it the Gumbo 200?

There I go being a bigot and a racist again.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Where they have manufactured their own 200 watt mod that has temp control using Fiddle Strings?

Cool thing is you can pay with chickens and hogs

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've mostly eaten possum when I was bicycle touring a lot. Tastes like beef, more or less. Free meals, what's not to love hey? :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh gaaaad, that was in my top 3 list of things to never eat again, it was terrible

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I see possum, I think of Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies (Possum Soup anyone). My mind works in curious ways lol :p

Last edited:

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
these lying racist female abusers

Hey wait. We're the ones who believe women are strong and capable - able to defend themselves and speak for themselves. You, on the other hand, appear to believe they are weak and fragile delicate flowers that wilt under pressure and in need of a champion to ride in and rescue them. I doubt they are impressed with your silly antics.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I think of possum, I think of a blue grass festival I went to many years ago.
This young girl sang a song about "We going to have possum for supper if dad can get this damn Chevy going a little faster"

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Acknowledging that a person might not understand the colloquialisms or slangs of an entirely different locale from their own is not racist..... it's realistic. I'm in Jersey right now, and I don't understand half of their expressions. Doesn't mean I'm stupider, and when they point it out and laugh, I don't feel belittled.

For those who so desperately require drama, tune in to Oxygen for a while.....
TY tyger and joe for renewing my belief in people and this forum

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You didn't roast it good nuff, or it wasn't fresh, most likely.
Naa dude, it was when I was working on the river, I don't wanna know where it came from, but it oddly tasted like catfish ass.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You know those long lonely Friday nights im the kitchen

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just wish they would put a prototype out for a quick look over to someone that wont be biased about it, give a true spec sheet and a rating of some sort, this thing is printed money of it works correctly. To string people along and cop out when things are ask of a company is shady and isn't great in the eyes of a possible buyer. If Asolo sends the product out soon then the accusations and probing will stop, hopefully doe good reason. Give us juice and working equipment and we will buy!

Hey wait. We're the ones who believe women are strong and capable - able to defend themselves and speak for themselves. You, on the other hand, appear to believe they are weak and fragile delicate flowers that wilt under pressure and in need of a champion to ride in and rescue them. I doubt they are impressed with your silly antics.

Not to add to the negative stipulation of women's rights/equality/status from previous posting or reflect on where I stand on things but hasnt anyone ever thought of this....I beleive women can be equals and can be smart and can do this and that, but those arent the ones that cause 90% of the problems for everyone. Since women gained the right to vote (Less Information Makes Things Dangerous) our American Freedoms have been slowly eroded. Since they have gotten the right more bills and more laws for "Protecting Ourselves from Ourselves" have passed or been voted for..Most of the 2nd and 4th Amendment, Privacy Rights and more...Rant Over, but give it some thought ;) Don't be mad at me...most of the things I enjoy seem to be threatened with rules, regulations or possible bans and its almost always due to a Moms Against Blah Blah Association or a Group with no knowledge of what they are even complaining about...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You didn't roast it good nuff, or it wasn't fresh, most likely.

I tried grilled Shark the other day, not a fan at all, spit it out and all but puked, retched stuff, just retched , maybe it wasn't left over the fire long enough.
shark%20play%20dead_zpsvs3k8aw2.jpg

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Every time you take a vape it compliments you on your purdy mouth.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Temp control usibg any type of wire is inevitable. It will only take a more capable processor, and some research to nail down the algorithms for different materials. It's not Voodo, or rocket surgery, just good applied engeneering.

Whether you believe a thing is possible, or impossible, either way, you are correct.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not a case of different algorithms, the issue is the TCR, which for many alloys like kanthal is so minute that monitoring it effectively is a giant pain in the butthole.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dinky is flacid..........

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried grilled Shark the other day, not a fan at all, spit it out and all but puked, retched stuff, just retched , maybe it wasn't left over the fire long enough.

Maybe it was a male great white. They tend to be extremely unpleasant.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"It's not a case of different algorithms, the issue is the TCR, which for many alloys like kanthal is so minute that monitoring it effectively is a giant pain in the butthole"

I understand, but there is more than one way to shake a baby dry. Monitoring might even be unnessasary, it the mod take user input, for example coil diameter, wire type, guage, number of wraps pulse duration and current, temp can be reliably extropolated. Fuck resistance monitoring for temp control. Time based interfeterometry may work. Known materials with known temps expand at different rates and different amounts.

A pulse signal through the coil will take longer to return to the mod as the coil expands. Like radar, or lidar. Perhaps non of the above methods will work, but as an example, look at the evolution of fuel injection, and ECM computers in the last 20 years.

For a technology that is as young as Ecigs to have come as far as it has in such little time, is astonishing. Sure, the market is now exploding (not dissing the mech mod dinosaurs, exploding in the figurative sense...) and as the tech is coming more and more mainstream, people are going to expect more automation, and sophistication.

Perhaps the iJoy Asolo will not live up to the claims. Maybe, it will be the vape equilivant of fuel injection. Either way, they are at least innovating, and are not satisfied with turning out yet another flashlight with a 510 and uprated switch.

I want wonders and miracles! I want tanks, that can switch juice, and blend it on the fly! I want shit I don't even know I want. DC, and coils have been around for a little while. Only very recently, have enthusiasts dragged this stuff out of school science class, and used it to get me off the stinkies. Thank God none of the people that made it possible to purchase my gear, listened to the vox populi. Can you imagine walking into a bank ten years ago, and trying to get a loan to make Ecigs? A little support for those companies, and individuals who are trying to make new stuff. Even if some of what they make is shit, not all of it will be.

Has vaping already become so mainstream that we just want to keep saying impossible, can't be done etc? What really needs to be done is to get more hard core uber geek techies from hell, and motivate them to start innovating in the West. Not stand by repeating the matra of it can't work, its unnessary. Of course its unnessasary. Vaping is unnessasary. Somthing dosn't need to be nessasary, to make it worth doing.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all.............Welcome to the Underground!

And well said my vaping brother in arms...........

The past year or so, it has been quite a ride as new vapetech is theorized, built and put on the open market for our possible enjoyment.

That being said, some of this new and greatest and bestest gear hits the market too soon and we are the Beta Testers.

Sad but True.

And like so many of us, I do indeed wish that the Ijoy Asolo makes good on the company's claims.

I truly do!

But in all the three or so months of vaping under my belt :)p) I have never, ever seen such a botched marketing program.

With these people, I call it the "Ever Changing Story"

For a perfect example of things done the right way, I will use Innokin as an example.

We get word that a new mod is coming out and the specifications of it.

The best know reviewers end up with the device in their hands and do reviews.

Innokin announces a due date and companies start taking pre orders.

The mod arrives and is shipped and lo and behold, it does exactly what Innokin says it would do.

And the vaping community has them in their E-Liquid covered hands and are talking about it.

The marketing with Ijoy and the Asolo Mod started here on May 27th this year.

Promising contest and giveaways where the award date changed constantly.

Promising Vape Shop owners the opportunity to purchase one at half price to see if they wanted to order for stock and promote them,

To the best of my knowledge, no one has actually seen one other than the review from the "Professional Man" which I would not trust to review a vented 18650 battery.

Here we are over the two month mark and they are a figment of the imagination of Ijoy.

The way it looks now, while Santa may be bringing us good little vaper boys and girls a mod for Christmas, it Ain't Gonna Be a Ijoy Asolo!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would also like to point out Grace's silence instead of a response to my question/request.

No matter where you go, take your Vape!

Don't feel pregnant and alone, we got lies, 'trust in a solo,' and the sudden 'change of plans'
Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting for a response on the half off thing.

But at least I got fried shrimp, oysters and alligator for dinner.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've seen a lot of the things that have transpired. I don't comment often but I've been keeping up with this for some time as well as multiple PMs with Grace.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the welcome! I searched up the Asolo on Youtube, seems like a few are out there, and so far, it seems there is some truth to their claims. With limitations I'm sure.

It sounds like their marketing strategy is fkd up like a home made radio, but I can well imagine engineers protesting it's not yet ready, they need another 6 months, the Owners/investors demanding it be put on sale NOW before the core concept is stolen, and Sales/Marketing being in between. I don't envy what's her name who's been posting on the forum, she is probably between a rock and a hard place.

Her English is probably much better than my Cantoneese or Mandarin, and I think there is a lot of pressure. Too bad the Owner of Ijoy does not make a post, or a News release.

I'm certain that this product, whether it works or not is at the moment one of the most awaited,and debated which makes vapers frustrated. ( couldn't resist ) Ijoy prolly has battles internally as we speak as far as who will get the "betas".

The suspense is killing me too! I'm not patient by nature. Instant gratification takes way too long for me. Somtimes though, one just has to wait. I don't like it though.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I've seen a lot of the things that have transpired. I don't comment often but I've been keeping up with this for some time as well as multiple PMs with Grace.

Care to share what she said with the rest of the class?

PM me if you like!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't feel pregnant and alone, we got lies, 'trust in a solo,' and the sudden 'change of plans'
Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting for a response on the half off thing.

But at least I got fried shrimp, oysters and alligator for dinner.

Mmmmm. Luv's me some Gator tail Gumbo. Only had it in Nar'leans.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my Grandpaps taught me how to make it. I've had it in Nar'leans and like my recipe better. We used to catch Snappers and cook 'em up. Everyone in the family loved his Turtle soup recipe except Grandma. She'd eat New Brunswick stew (which I love) over Turtle soup. Miss those days of Summer and Fall going Squirrel Hunting with my Grandpa...

I still set crawdad traps on local lakes and bring in a large amount of the critters, smaller than the ones down south, but still mighty tasty.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the welcome! I searched up the Asolo on Youtube, seems like a few are out there, and so far, it seems there is some truth to their claims. With limitations I'm sure.

It sounds like their marketing strategy is fkd up like a home made radio, but I can well imagine engineers protesting it's not yet ready, they need another 6 months, the Owners/investors demanding it be put on sale NOW before the core concept is stolen, and Sales/Marketing being in between. I don't envy what's her name who's been posting on the forum, she is probably between a rock and a hard place.

Her English is probably much better than my Cantoneese or Mandarin, and I think there is a lot of pressure. Too bad the Owner of Ijoy does not make a post, or a News release.

I'm certain that this product, whether it works or not is at the moment one of the most awaited,and debated which makes vapers frustrated. ( couldn't resist ) Ijoy prolly has battles internally as we speak as far as who will get the "betas".

The suspense is killing me too! I'm not patient by nature. Instant gratification takes way too long for me. Somtimes though, one just has to wait. I don't like it though.

thank you, we are sorry for keep you waiting, i am not patient also, but when a new product comes, i have to be patent.
when you see the beta video, they get the beta testing more than one week. before next week.
beta version we won't use for sell.
one good news is after two weeks, no need to wait another six months.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
my Grandpaps taught me how to make it. I've had it in Nar'leans and like my recipe better. We used to catch Snappers and cook 'em up. Everyone in the family loved his Turtle soup recipe except Grandma. She'd eat New Brunswick stew (which I love) over Turtle soup. Miss those days of Summer and Fall going Squirrel Hunting with my Grandpa...
Know what you mean, for us it was hog and dear...and of course fishing.
No matter what anyone says something's made at home can't be beat. I still use grandmas gumbo pot whenever I make 'her' recipe. I think she left something in their. Lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thank you, we are sorry for keep you waiting, i am not patient also, but when a new product comes, i have to be patent.
when you see the beta video, they get the beta testing more than one week. before next week.
beta version we won't use for sell.
one good news is after two weeks, no need to wait another six months.
I'm not trying to be overly rude, but wasn't it two weaks ago that you said to wait 'two weeks'?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where did you get that vid of my next door neighbors kid? :p That kid is seriously spooky. No medical issues, but I feel sorry for him. At least he's a good trumpet player, Jazz is in his future, no sunlight...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Where did you get that vid of my next door neighbors kid? :p That kid is seriously spooky. No medical issues, but I feel sorry for him. At least he's a good trumpet player, Jazz is in his future, no sunlight...

Bahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
His precious Is his horn

Last edited:

VU Sponsors