Become a Patron!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back to the subject of how the Asolo assesses the wetness of the wick: could it be something as simple as using the coil as a capacitive sensor (as in touch switches)?

Considering the dielectric constants of:

- Air: ~1.0
- Dry cotton: 3.9 - 7.5
- Dry silica rope (glass): 3.8
- Propylene glycol: 32
- Glycerin: 47
- Water: 80

it would be fairly easy to determine whether the coil's material is in close proximity of nothing (air), a dry wick (cotton or silica), or juice (PG, VG, water), and possibly take meaningful measurements between a totally dry wick and a fully wet wick.

A capacitive sensing circuit would charge/discharge the coil at relatively high frequency (or measure the Q factor of a LC circuit, with the coil in the atomizer being the C). So if that's how the Asolo works, if it was hooked to a scope, when firing, I'd expect to see a cycle of powering the coil, followed by sensing at high frequency, repeated over and over. That'd be very easy to see.

Anybody around here has a scope and an Asolo? :)

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

ltxVGtX.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thank you, we are sorry for keep you waiting, i am not patient also, but when a new product comes, i have to be patent.
when you see the beta video, they get the beta testing more than one week. before next week.
beta version we won't use for sell.
one good news is after two weeks, no need to wait another six months.
Maybe you should have held off on posting a thread boasting claims before you were ready to provide complete proven details about the mod. You jumped the gun to create interest before you had real proven information to share with the public, to me that is both sneaky and misleading. You are asked direct questions and you cannot give direct answers. You are not building a very good reputation, in fact I don't care how this mod works or doesn't, on that alone I would not buy anything from you.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
^^
Exactly what 90% of the posters on this thread thought...A statement and marketing on a idea is one thing, having a working product that delivers those claims is another thing.

I like your new avatar Whiskey ;)

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How do I get the VP condition.... Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Whats a VP condition? LOL
It was mentioned earlier in this thread it sounded interesting so I thought I'd ask more about this 'condition'...lol.

I'm assuming they meant to say position but I don't know.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think I have a condition....Im not as bad as some but I recently have started to justify "saving" out of every check for something ;)

Attachments

• 0804150524.jpg
    0804150524.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 41

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Back to the subject of how the Asolo assesses the wetness of the wick: could it be something as simple as using the coil as a capacitive sensor (as in touch switches)?

I think that may be the answer Giraut! Although it would be almost disappointingly simple. Time based interferometry just sounds so damn cool! Sort of Back-to-the-Futureish. Perhaps if the Asolo used a Flux Capacitance Detection Matrix.........

I'm not an Ijoy appolagist, or cheerleader, and I agree that the marketing should be better, but as a tech fan, I still have a little "Benefit of Doubt" in my reserve tank.

I do understand Whisky's postion though.

You are not building a very good reputation, in fact I don't care how this mod works or doesn't, on that alone I would not buy anything from you.

It just sucks to be misled by a company who misrepresents their product, and they should not be rewarded for fckery. Always nice to meet a fellow Linux user Whisky! : )

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ehhh wont buy from deceivers...if they have to go to lying and deceit to sell something what are they going to do when it breaks and they are safely on another continent.

Just sayin

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the first post...
we use Frequency conversion control instead of voltage control
Isn't vaping the only place that a coil means a coiled resistor. In the rest of the electronics world a coil is an inductor. By establishing minimum coil dimensions they have told us all that the coils inductance is just as important as the resistance, if not more so.

The absence of a traditional digital thermostat does not prohibit temperature control. Has no one ever lived in a home/apartment with baseboard or in wall fan forced heaters with a simple rheostat to control the level of heat? Did you die from your inability to find a comfortable temperature setting between 1 and 10 on the knob? The point being, it is still a thermostat whether it is calibrated using a scale measured in degrees, or percentage of the unknown temperature you set while configuring the device.

@gracechen - I am still waiting for the frequency range I asked for on page 8 of this thread. And my free mod for guessing the requirements of the mod 25 pages ago.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I shure hope there is no bimetalic coil and mercury switch involved. Cascadian. lol

I've made a vape rig using a ultrasonic transducer from a humidifier. Not a stellar sucess with high VG, but there is more than one way to peel a kitten! Perhaps a small magnatron, in my tank....... As long as those molecules come apart and wind up in my lungs cool! Although radiation burns might put the damper on the whole magnatron thing. And practicality, and expense.....

But I see what you are saying Casc, freq measuring the coil as it changes, like a digital scale measures frequency change when the bar the coil is on deflects, causing the tone/freq to deviate, and converts that to weight. . I wanna know how it's going to work right now!!!!

Tesla would have has made this his bitch by now.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tesla would have laughed at all of us before he got to the bottom of page one: then zapped us all with 50k volts

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tesla would have laughed at all of us before he got to the bottom of page one: then zapped us all with 50k volts

You got that right. Most of the posts in this here thread show an appalling ignorance of basic scientific concepts. Yet ignorant posters keep flapping their trap, and Gracechen keeps feeding them any old bullshit she wants.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Although in fairness, Tesla did not use the Scientific Method. He preferred an empirical methodology.
I'll admit I'm no scientist. I'm more like Cave Johnston, shower curtain visionary and founder/CEO of Apeture Science. Throwing science at the wall, and seeing what sticks......

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok..i have the secret to how it works..i only ask for a new Sigelei 150w box mod and a new Kanger subtank "plus" to release this top secret information...It has to be the newer version 2 subtank mini plus..not the first version...Oh some new samsung 25r's as well..at least 4 of them.

Send a PM for my shipping address...K.Thanks.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like it on whole wheat toast with a smear of Marmite.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well folks, the saga continues.

Last we heard from Ms. Chen was that one Mr. Phil Busardo was offered one of the mythical Asolo mods for review.

And he turned down the offer because he was going to get one on the secondary markets or some horse hockey like that.

At that point, I reached out to the man himself and asked him to confirm or deny Ms. Chen's Statement.

This morning, I received an email from the man himself.

I was offered one for review.
I'm willing to review it.
I'm still waiting on it.
Haven't heard from them since.

-Phil Busardo

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years

Last we heard from Ms. Chen was that one Mr. Phil Busardo was offered one of the mythical Asolo mods for review.

And he turned down the offer because he was going to get one on the secondary markets or some horse hockey like that.

At that point, I reached out to the man himself and asked him to confirm or deny Ms. Chen's Statement.

I'm still waiting on it.

-Phil Busardo
Waiting for Shark Vape's spin.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still waiting for Grace to name the VU people getting the Mod to review it...
Isn't it interesting how she failed at providing that simple non secret information?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm still waiting on it.

-Phil Busardo

Busardo has measuring equipment, technical good sense and a critical mind (when he wants). He ain't never gonna get one :)

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright guys I was going to make a video but as of late I haven't had time yet.
I received the Asolo from iJoy a few days ago. Been vaping it pretty hard the last few days.
The verdict is that it does do some form of tc on kanthal. That I can confirm.
I believe the mod detects the resistance change in kanthal that occurs when the wick starts to dry out and cuts power.
when your taking a draw and pull away while holding the button down the device will detect the resistance change as the kanthal heats up and cuts power.

There is no degree setting with kanthal only a percentage meter. However there is a degree setting for nickel and titanium.
If you set up the kanthal right you most likely won't burn your cotton. I have tried it on 2 drippers now 6 or so different sub ohm clearos.
tried a few different gauges of wire 26g 28g 30g so far so good.
smok tfv4, kanger subtank. aspire atlantis, lemo 2, morpheous, arctic tank. smok tct are the clearos I have tried.
Believe me or not makes no difference. I will try to make a video this weekend.
I didn't believe it would work but it's looks like I am going to be eating my shoe. o_O

Last edited:

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice !

Now Im sure we are gonna hear about how its not "Real" Temp control from the mob, but Im glad to hear your thoughts on this one.
Will be nice to see the Video when you get to it.....
Hows the Build ?.... Decent quality ?
Looked small from what Ive seen.... size comparison to something you have ?

Appreciate your take on this..........

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice !

Now Im sure we are gonna hear about how its not "Real" Temp control from the mob, but Im glad to hear your thoughts on this one.

the plastic screen that covers the buttons and oled seems kinda cheap. Grace told me that they are fixing it.
smaller then any other user replaceable dual 18650 box mod I have seen. I will take some pics next to a sigelei and a iPV3 Li.
overall rest of it seems fairly good. nothing really stands out. spring loaded 510. the 510 is sealed with delrin I believe.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to monopolize....

But how about the "T" button... clicky and all that, or mushy ?
Gotta admit my first thought was "Thats gonna be a problem".... not a fan of that style I suppose.

Thanks for your thoughts..........

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
all the buttons are clicky and I haven't had a issue with the buttons yet.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice !

I trust @Maverik_X's opinion- he doesn't have a dog in this fight.
I Will wait and see what his video and final opinion are.
Any which way it is at least after 2 months of this nonsense we''ll finally know why this box is doing

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not to monopolize....

But how about the "T" button... clicky and all that, or mushy ?
Gotta admit my first thought was "Thats gonna be a problem".... not a fan of that style I suppose.

Thanks for your thoughts..........
You dot like penis shaped buttons?

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the shape reminds me of the nautilus mini metal tank window cutout. I suppose its better then the new triton tanks face looking thing giving head.

OHS2jDV.png

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the shape reminds me of the nautilus mini metal tank window cutout. I suppose its better then the new triton tanks face looking thing giving head.

OHS2jDV.png
BahHahahhahaha you know that when they get together in boardrooms to decide on final products they are laughing their assed off at us
"Americans buy anything with penis, vagina and sex references ''

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually thats not the first thing I think of....

More to the point, with three buttons on the board.... all being activated by one button cover shaped in this fashion gives me visions of uneven pressure being applied and even the possibility of activating buttons accidentally and or simultaneously.
Had a few mods that the firing switch had a poor cover which encouraged uneven pressure that in turn wore the switch out prematurely.

Just my paranoia Im sure...lol !
:D

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Actually thats not the first thing I think of....

More to the point, with three buttons on the board.... all being activated by one button cover shaped in this fashion gives me visions of uneven pressure being applied and even the possibility of activating buttons accidentally and or simultaneously.
Had a few mods that the firing switch had a poor cover which encouraged uneven pressure that in turn wore the switch out prematurely.

Just my paranoia Im sure...lol !
:D
Ehhhh I wanna go with you're probably overthinking that one. I've had that happen on a pair of electronically driven wheels; but, there was a 'heavy grade' soft plastic gel type of material covering the button assembly. that looks to be more like one heavy grade piece of plastic sitting on an omnidirectional center point leading to three individual buttons.

Plus what we've seen has not been the final sale product yet..... 2 more weeks.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I trust @Maverik_X's opinion- he doesn't have a dog in this fight.

So do I. This is interesting. So it is confirmed that the Asolo does "hard dry hit control", at the very least.

I still want to know what it does exactly to do its thing, to know what it can and can't with kanthal wire, as far as preventing acrolein formation is concerned.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok last few pictures for tonight. I think you can see clearly how small it is. it is doing its limiting thing on the smok tfv4 and that thing has 3 vertical coils inside of it. .22 ohms so i think the specs they listed are just a guide line.

wFSm2AV.jpg

tWD7vik.jpg

y97ODmS.jpg

VU Sponsors